Bots who farm Quartz

Skrux

Do these people ever get banned or have action taken upon them? I have a farm spot that I like to go to every night for a good while and always see the same bots doing their thing; sitting in the same spot, never moving going from channel to channel just collecting the same Quartz node over and over. It's even more suspicious when they're a lvl16 in a lvl31+ zone...

I've also encountered a bot who used a movement speed hack to cross the entire map of Cinderlands within just a few minutes. Oddly, It was another lvl16  teleporting around at high rates while keeping his walking animation.

I've submitted a bot report on these characters, but seeing as not many people come around here to report them, I somehow doubt they will be looked into as being a farm bot. :(

TERA doesnt really have many Bot issues, so no, I dont think its in every MMO. and FF XiV has a few bots as well. If you look at some bots in Moonwater, I see a few named: asdfalkhafasghf, ajfjfbgn, dasfasfdssd, asfdfgafds, ect... with premium as well. Just saying that bots are companies that spend a little money to make a little money.

I can tell the difference between player bots and non-player bots. I've seen plenty of both out here already. Unfortunately I see them just about as much as the other. :(

It kinda sucks that I'm here doing manual farming while they're probably sleeping with a bot program turned on, only to wake up in the morning to reap the rewards :( :(

Yeah.
Quartz harvesting is a struggle for real players.

Bots are giving a bad taste to the game, especially they are not just having and edge and making money out of it, but they are also a cause of inconvenience. 
I am kind of frustrated. Every spot has a bot. how can you compete with an AI on a clicking challenge. phew

It's sad to see obvious player bots and not being able to do anything about it. It's no surprise now to see people selling huge amounts of Quartz in multiple stacks of 50 and 100 on the Auction House...

I've also wondered what methods could be used to combat bots and gold sellers so I'll give a few ideas I've had maybe good, maybe bad lol.

Crafting collectibles/items should respawn in different areas not in fixed locations. Crafting resources should be set as collectible per each character a certain amount per day. Or add bonus daily quests which reward crafting items. Instead of addressing farming, make it obsolete by making resources more obtainable to all but with some work.

Region/normal chat or any channel easily accessible by spammers- set a maximum # of chat per certain amount of time.

Add a new pvp feature based on time played. Make all costumes markable for pvp every hour of character log in unless character answers a short "yes" or "no" pop up warning which will last a good 5 minutes to give time to answer. This will make bots flagged for pvp and killable.

Make dungeons a set number of runs per day per character to avoid bot farming of dungeons. More runs can be done via dungeon tickets acquired through questing or rewards good for one day only.

Free up mail to ALL players after certain level achieved, say level 20. Or make mailing between characters on each account possible. They are hurting regular players and forcing them to go to the auction house controlled mostly by gold sellers and farmers.

Nevertheless, I have my doubts NCsoft will address these problems. It's all about the money and they are certainly getting a lot of money from the gold sellers who buy premium services not to mention the regular customers who feel they need to pay in order to play to overcome such obstacles. In the end, I feel the real fix will come when so many players leave, the game hype dies out and the gold sellers and botters have little incentive to stay thus moving on to a new game.

2 hours ago, JinVarrelOP said:

GMs get them banned but another bot are taking place for the previous one.No matter what they do the problem of bots will always be a thing in every MMORPG besides the MMORPGs who have to pay each month  in order to play with your account 

Completely false, FFXIV and WoW are flooded with Bots

2 minutes ago, Takara said:

Completely false, FFXIV and WoW are flooded with Bots

It's just more blatantly obvious in this game due to the small amount of Quartz node locations, and the fact that they spawn in the same exact location all the time.

Perhaps a notification system in place would suffice that would temporary disable gathering Quartz after so many "Bot Reports" were made on a single character that can only trigger X amount of times within a time frame. Once then the player can acknowledge that he/she isn't a Bot by a simple button click that confirms the person is a player and not a Bot. Put a time limit on how many times the Bot notification can pop-up so people don't abuse it for fun or to annoy other players.

23 hours ago, Skrux said:

Unfortunately there probably aren't many others who have done the same.

This here, THIS is the main problem.

Iv been reporting every single bot that passes me when leveling, around bamboo market and just, ANY WHERE. It's not hard to just right click and report the obvious bot. But I will say this tho. The 1 bot i'v been reporting to death on iv seen in bamboo the past 3 days doing nothing but spamming SS is still THERE an, oh look it's another one doing the same thing now!

I'd argue the solution to bot farming of nodes, is to basically do what guild wars does.

Make 'em instanced per player.  And any particular player (maybe even just account) can harvest each node once per day.

Currently, harvesting seems to be implemented as if it was intended to be a bot-only endeavor.  Long enough respawn a human won't stick around for it, but short enough that a bot can get multiple stuff per day, first click first serve, static locations.

It feels like it's pretty much a complete waste of time (as a human) to actually go harvesting.  Just play the game, and if you happen to get ridiculously lucky you'll spot a node as you're playing.

Now sure, that'll likely kill the market for harvestable mats, (particularly low end) as I'm sure some people will create multiple accounts just to farm more mats.  But, personally, I'm not sure I really care if the market for harvested mats plummets.

9 minutes ago, Summersdae said:

yeah sitting here watching these guys (all destroyers) all lvl 10s. zoning in and out of Bandit Hideout. They're not in there long enough to run the dungeon so not sure what they are doing.

They are cycling channels looking for nodes. They get like 95% of them.

if they can't fix the bot farmers turns to gold sellers/spammers issue, they should just level the playing ground.
Fix the spawn rate of quartz, make it easy to farm it and other materials too so it will not be that hard hence it will not be that valuable, so it will not be abused by bot farmers.
Put the rare materials on purple dungeons which will require real player to finish over and over to get the said materials.

It's being farmed because it is valuable and very vulnerable.
If you can't protect the game and us, make this adjustments.

Archived