Refund for Outfit Pouch Transmutation

GinzaHibari

7 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

You mean everything but what you say, okay.

Correct, you payed for the costume, and you got it. No chance, no RNG, you got what you paid for. It was your choice to take the chance on transmuting it into something different.

I think you just have some type of inability to read what it written before you. As I said in the post you quoted the Cash Shop isn't apart of the game it is an add-on so me saying "in this game" I am not saying "in-game & cash shop", but I'm sure you won't understand that either. M point was made and I don't see the point in repeating it when others agree with me/understand it perfectly fine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GinzaHibari said:

Dont start calling people stupid. You realize that you can only buy the fabrics on the market if  there are other stupid people to buy from.

"That was stupidity" =/= calling one stupid

Do not make blind assumptions and no, I was not insinuating that you were stupid. The decision itself was stupid, not you nor the people that make it. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

7 minutes ago, GinzaHibari said:

You sir do not understand the idea of transitive value. Everything has a price. Once you sell something, it retains its value in any type of currency  available.

First off, transitive values do not apply to any type of market. Markets are driven by demand. The soulstone you buy today for 35s may be worth 30s tomorrow, or it may be worth 40. Value is not mass, it can change.

Secondly, you're not selling the item. In fact, that item you're buying is very clearly marked as not able to be sold. You're taking the item apart, and hoping to find something inside that may or may not be there.

2 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I think you just have some type of inability to read what it written before you. As I said in the post you quoted the Cash Shop isn't apart of the game it is an add-on so me saying "in this game" I am not saying "in-game & cash shop", but I'm sure you won't understand that either. M point was made and I don't see the point in repeating it when others agree with me/understand it perfectly fine.

Now now, let's not go blaming others for your inability to string together two coherent posts.

You could've lvled to 45, done your dailies in misty woods, e.fleet and poh 6-man mode to get 11g-17g (save 5 soulstones). Then you could've just bought the fabrics for an total of 7g, Ten normal fabrics and 3 high quality fabrics will cost you an amazing amount of 7g total...

13 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

First off, transitive values do not apply to any type of market. Markets are driven by demand. The soul stone you but today for 35s may be worth 30s tomorrow, or it may be worth 40. Value is not mass, it can change.

Secondly, you're not selling the item. In fact, that item you're buying is very clearly marked as not able to be sold. You're taking the item apart, and hoping to find something inside that may or may not be there.

once you salvage a costume it guarantees you the fabrics listed on the item details. In blade and Soul 1 fabric is worth atleast 800 ncoin aka 10 dollars USD. If people sell it on the market thats on them. What im saying is I waste 40 dollars to not get a costume that I want ? and you steal 30 dollars from me? Once you fail a transmute you lose 3 fabrics.  Take my gold fine, but dont take my money from me.

Its beside the fact that for all other transmutations in the game even if you fail you do not lose your gem fragmets. why is it this way with costumes(real money)? I would be fine if they told me from the beginning that they were going to take away my fabrics for a failure, but they didnt even do that

3 hours ago, Hwannn said:

So essentially what a F2P player can do to get fabric or high quality fabric ? nothing ? because i wanted a pair of outfit i saw from trasmutation :\

AFAIK the fabrics are tradeable.  So theoretically somebody could salvage some item they don't like anymore, and instead of risking the RNG, put the fabric up on the marketplace, where a F2P player could buy it.

(Note:  During the CBT when you could obtain a free x-mas outfit a day, I made it a point to test these pouches to see how they worked.  From what I could tell, Salvaging the outfit always gave you the same amount of fabric and HQ fabric.  However I only succeeded at making the HQ pouch 2 out of 4 times.  The other 2 times I just got a single HQ fabric back.)

3 hours ago, GinzaHibari said:

Well if you pay money for something, you should be able to get it 100% of the time. Especially if they do not mention in the same that it is a very low chance to actually succeed. Its like saying, "oh you just spent 30 dollars on costumes you dont want?" "you can salvage them and get a new costume" " No you cant unless ur in the 1% of people"

You also have to pay money to gamble, doesn't mean you'll win. You gotta try your luck, just like everyone else is.

Do you people really not understand how losing $30 in a F2P MMO is unacceptable?  I mean really.  Are you all made of money?  The system is flat out unacceptable.  RNG is one thing.  Losing $30 is another.  It is just plain greedy.

41 minutes ago, Aerasani said:

Do you people really not understand how losing $30 in a F2P MMO is unacceptable?  I mean really.  Are you all made of money?  The system is flat out unacceptable.  RNG is one thing.  Losing $30 is another.  It is just plain greedy.

Let's apply this logic. There's a rock on the ground. You can leave the rock alone where it'll just sit there being a rock. Or you can smash yourself in the face with it. You choose to smash yourself in the face with it, and then proceed to complain about the rock being there instead of stopping, reflecting and realizing that despite the rock being there, smashing yourself in the face with it probably wasn't a good idea. Is the rock unacceptable? Or are you just making a bad decision?

25 minutes ago, Bellezza said:

Let's apply this logic. There's a rock on the ground. You can leave the rock alone where it'll just sit there being a rock. Or you can smash yourself in the face with it. You choose to smash yourself in the face with it, and then proceed to complain about the rock being there instead of stopping, reflecting and realizing that despite the rock being there, smashing yourself in the face with it probably wasn't a good idea. Is the rock unacceptable? Or are you just making a bad decision?

That is not a good analogy.  Your analogy puts everything on the person while this issue was created by the devs.  Holding game material behind such a high paywall is unacceptable.  I don't understand how anyone can find this system acceptable in any way.  It's abhorrent and just greedy.  Based on what other people have said the chance of getting a high quality is 1 in 2.  That means, statistically, you'll spend about $70 on one outfit.  Now remember it's 1 outfit out of 4.  If you're looking for one specific outfit then, statistically, you are going to spend $280 on ONE OUTFIT.  Again, unacceptable.  

Wait wait wait... That has a chance to fail?

Let me cross those off my "I want costume list"

Honestly tho Am i surprised? Nah.. why? Business wants that Free money

So we got

-Pay to win against RNG keys check

-costumes on transmute are unobtainable unless i want to waste 100 bucks check

And from what i'm seeing the Koreans could salvage ingame costumes for fiber?

Hello, EA... I got a new company for you to take under your wing..No they already do that... Yeah its like Dragon age multiplayer... No the fanboys are eating it up..

46 minutes ago, Bellezza said:

The point is that they dont tell you the rock is going to steal your money

9 minutes ago, Aerasani said:

That is not a good analogy.  Your analogy puts everything on the person while this issue was created by the devs.  Holding game material behind such a high paywall is unacceptable.  I don't understand how anyone can find this system acceptable in any way.  It's abhorrent and just greedy.  Based on what other people have said the chance of getting a high quality is 1 in 2.  That means, statistically, you'll spend about $70 on one outfit.  Now remember it's 1 outfit out of 4.  If you're looking for one specific outfit then, statistically, you are going to spend $280 on ONE OUTFIT.  Again, unacceptable.  

Or you know, you can just say to yourself "man I like this outfit but getting it would cost too much RL money" and not even bother with it. I mean no one forced people to waste money on something they were presumptuous about. Also no where did it tell you that you WILL win anything so even more reason to be skeptical. Also, you as a player can choose to just buy the fabric off the marketplace. It cost me like what, 6g for an attempt? You make that in a day doing dailies. It's more like asking for a wall for stupidity. If anyone isn't willing to take the time to do the research and ask around and just jump and do it, that's on them, not the design nor the company.

Seriously it's like you guys have never played a MMO or ran into stuff like this IRL. Nothing is certain (Uncertainty Principle) and that applies to games too. One would be wise to use caution against anything when approaching it and only make a decision once you deem likely scenarios as worthy or unworthy of your time/investment.

Edit: Why are half of you not even looking on the Marketplace <.<

4 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Or you know, you can just say to yourself "man I like this outfit but getting it would cost too much RL money" and not even bother with it. I mean no one forced people to waste money on something they were presumptuous about. Also no where did it tell you that you WILL win anything so even more reason to be skeptical. Also, you as a player can choose to just buy the fabric off the marketplace. It cost me like what, 6g for an attempt? You make that in a day doing dailies. It's more like asking for a wall for stupidity. If anyone isn't willing to take the time to do the research and ask around and just jump and do it, that's on them, not the design nor the company.

Seriously it's like you guys have never played a MMO or ran into stuff like this IRL. Nothing is certain (Uncertainty Principle) and that applies to games too. One would be wise to use caution against anything when approaching it and only make a decision once you deem likely scenarios as worthy or unworthy of your time/investment.

How many times do i have to say that you can only buy fabric if someone else sells it to you and doesnt care about 10 dollars.

Just now, GinzaHibari said:

How many times do i have to say that you can only buy fabric if someone else sells it to you and doesnt care about 10 dollars.

I'm applying this to the players complaining directly. This excludes players that have done this, not gotten what they want, and just sell the fabrics. I never questioned how you can buy fabric, instead, I'm wondering why the alternative never crossed your minds. Your statement is irrelevant as there was an alternative to your decision. And if no one did this and there were no fabrics, things could possibly be changed as to having other ways fabrics are obtained.

At the end of the day, does it suck that you wasted RL money? Of course. Is asking for a refund on something that didn't state it had a 100% success rate appropriate (Devil's Paradox basically to your earlier assumptions)? No.

Basically you're upset and you're being irrational in my opinion. As I've said before, I always try to weigh the cons with benefits and factor in RNG and other stuff before I make decisions that can cost me RL money or in game coin. Why can't you?

On the 1st view - the outfit puches seemed to me like a nice additional source for outfits - until i realized that there is not a single outfit you can obtain ingame that can be salvaged.

Seriously NC - Didn't the playerbase told you more that often enough that RNG-Boxes like TERA are a big NO GO?

And it's even worse: Paying real money for the CHANCE to get a reward and the high risk of just losing what you'd bet? That is plain GAMBLING! I have no issues at all to pay for a costume but i will not gamble with real money.

I have to say, i'm really *cricket*ed over this - and i'm not that easy upset. i wasn't even complaining after accepting the ripoff, of buying a weaponskin, knowing it's a onetime use only, just to seen shortly after, that it's the design of a commonly dropped blue weapon i can buy ingame for 2 silver...

14 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Edit: Why are half of you not even looking on the Marketplace <.<

Every single fabric in the market is still obtained with real money. A lottery is still a lottery even if your mother paid for your ticket

3 hours ago, Lunaus said:

I wasn't referring to the women who was burned, the McD's who sold that coffee had it had a temperature that was not appropriate for any type of human consumption and it was pure negligence by the manager and shift leader. What I was saying is not everything needs scream in your face when common sense can be used, I don't need a label that tells me on a jug of milk "May contain milk" as someone who is lactose intolerant because I know it does from past experience. Like any transmutation in this game there is also some possibility that it can fail, but as was posted after me the Success message is a bug but not the actuality of it being able to fail.

Also, no, only cash shop items can be broken down atm, even though in the Wardrobe it shows that costumes obtained from bosses/mobs can also be salvaged but that isn't the case in our version which sucks.

Sorry. Just that incident and how it was spinned to be the woman's fault. Though I will say it wasn't just the fault of the manager and shift leader, it was also the fault of corporate because they're the ones that told them to do it. But yeah, the "may contain milk" on milk analogy makes a bit more sense (or for that matter, "bread may contain gluten").

Regardless. It's kind of dumb that only the event and cash shop items can be broken down like that. The only one I don't think should be salvageable is the first Jiangshi costume and MAYBE the Deva costume. The other costumes are such rare drops that it's hard to farm them.

First, I don't remember *ever* reading in the game that transmutations can fail.  I do remember reading that you can add something to increase the odds of a critical success.  (Note:  I attempted this in CBT after somebody else submitted (as a bug) that they tried to make the packet and only received a single fabric back.  If the terminology has since been changed to provide an actual warning of failure, and not just chance of critical success, then ignore this.)

Now, maybe I'm the odd man out, but in my book, throwing in a bunch of fabrics in and only getting a fabric back isn't even a NON critical success.  It's abject failure.  So, unless they've change the process/wording, I'd be tempted to argue a refund is warranted.  I would have expected a packet out always, and maybe 2 packets, or a packet and some number of fabrics returned, on a critical success.

That said, if this is actually functioning as intended, then I have to agree with many of the others.  The intent is a colossal ripoff.

31 minutes ago, Aerasani said:

You're going with the assumption you're entitled to the outfit. You're not entitled to anything. You don't own the outfit, and honestly NCsoft could just as easily make the outfit cost $500,000 or take it out completely. It may seem abhorrent and greedy to you since you can't afford it, but others might, and perhaps those outfits are meant to be exclusive to those people or the very lucky. Like the point of my analogy, you're the one CHOOSING to go after the outfit aka "smashing your face" and the system is a just a "rock". You can do with the rock as you will, but let's be clear, you don't NEED the outfit, you WANT it. It just so happens that you don't get everything you want in life, and heck, you don't even get what you need sometimes in life either. Tough luck you can't afford it.

I think a reasonable change would be to give you back all of the materials on failure but make the outfit non-salvageable should you succeed. That way you still get something, there's still a bit of a gamble there, but you're not completely out all of that money.

1 hour ago, CycLee said:

Every single fabric in the market is still obtained with real money. A lottery is still a lottery even if your mother paid for your ticket

Like I explained, that's irrelevant. For this situation, he had other options. He also could have done research before trying this or simply asked.

Archived