Anyone having Nvidia gfx card crashes consistently?

Mizer

A few instances of when this happens is usually mid boss fights. No clue why. My screen goes blue, comes back after a few seconds and my video card tells me it recovered from a crash. Now... It's a dang GTX 980 Classified. I can play most any game with no crashes period. I've had to underclock the card for SWTOR, so I'm almost wondering if I need to do something similar with this game?

Edit: I should mention it isn't a blue screen in the traditional sense of what you'd think. No words or letters. Screen just flickers light blue momentarily before coming back to the game and everything as if nothing happened except that win10 tells me the gfx card recovered from a crash.

1 minute ago, MuadDib said:

Try doing these steps ...  I am testing this myself with BnS and SkyForge.

The last patch (1st maint) caused me my comp to reboot at times in game, which happens to me with SkyForge (during instance load) as well. I started testing this yesterday and so far so good.

The issue with that is that my comp definitely is not low end. lol. I do need to clean my comp anyways. It's been almost 2 months since I last cleaned it, and long furred cats tend to get fur EVERYWHERE. However, I'll keep that link around. Thanks.

9 Series cards having been having a lot of issues lately with W7 and W10. I'm assuming you are using either one of those OSs. If not i'm not sure. My 960gtx died after using different drivers. Replaced with an RMAd 960GTX and the same thing happened. This was while playing WarFrame and Mad Max. I'd try rolling back to whatever your base driver is for that card, then going to your run bar and opening the windows update settings. Have it set to not update third party hardware/software with windows update. This should help with some games but if you have my luck you'll probably end up switching to an older Video Card or go the AMD route. After having  2 960s shitting on me i'm not going w/ Nvidia ever again. 

I use HWMonitor and just leave it running in the background, Will give you temps on pretty much everything you need. Just tab out now and again and see how the temps are looking, It will show current and the max it peaked at.

I used to only use it when I changed CPU fans on my rad or applied new thermal just to keep an eye on how it's settling in but I pretty much keep it on all the time, mainly for troubleshooting if problems arise and I can rule out temps.

I need to actually get evga precision x again. It's what I used to use to monitor temps and tweak the fan and other things. If it is a conflict between Win10 and Nvidia, then I can probably turn off 10's options to auto update my gfx card, if that option is there/on. (Although it's never updated my gfx drivers before.)

1 hour ago, Mizer said:

A few instances of when this happens is usually mid boss fights. No clue why. My screen goes blue, comes back after a few seconds and my video card tells me it recovered from a crash. Now... It's a dang GTX 980 Classified. I can play most any game with no crashes period. I've had to underclock the card for SWTOR, so I'm almost wondering if I need to do something similar with this game?

I am not having any issues as of yet.. knock on wood.

17 minutes ago, tinkerchel said:

I also game on a GTX 980 classified (Win7 & OC) and have no problems. You should use NVIDIA GeForce Experience, it searches for the latest drivers and installs them for you. Anyways could you fix the problem?

I do use geforce experience for drivers/installs. Can't test any solutions until I'm home from work.

Archived