CPU Usage?

Aluvis

So, I've been having these REALLY long loading times. It takes about 2-3 minutes to boot up BnS from the launcher to when I select my character, and loading screens, on average, last around a minute long. The loading lag also seems to last much longer than it should (5+ seconds). I receive hardly any delay, except maybe during peak hours, so I can't quite say that it's my connection (my ping speed/latency is also 50-55 ms). I also have the game downloaded on a Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD. I've contacted support about this, but they haven't narrowed down the problem. This isn't surprising since the last thing they seem to blame is your hardware...but I think it is my hardware.  I've noticed that during the loading screens, my CPU usage goes up to 100%, with BnS pretty much squeezing everything that's available sometimes taking above 95%. So, I'm curious if this is normal for most, or if I'm bottlenecking.

CPU: AMD A4-5300 APU (hyper-threaded dual-core clocking ~3.4 Ghz)

GPU: Radeon HD 7800 series (~1 Mhz)

It most likely is your cpu, yes. 

Most mmorpgs are really cpu heavy, even tho it should be more noticable in fights and general gameplay than in loading screens. Loading screens are in general bottlenecked by your harddrive speed, which shouldnt be a problem at all on an ssd. I also have the game on an ssd, and while i find that loading screens got longer since the game launched (or cbt), they are all pretty quick and i dont have loading screens when walking through portals at all (which some people with bad hardware do have).

Generally, the game (well, all games) should use one core for the main game and then when they optimize the game they try to put different tasks on other cores to spread the stress more, so that they can take advantage of more of the computers potential. I'm not really sure if it should max out two cores tho, i also didnt look at my cpu usage while playing so i cant really help you further in this direction.

What you can try is to overclock your cpu. Be sure that you have a good cooling system. Air cooling is fine, but if you use the boxed cooling system (when you didnt buy one extra) you might run into temperature problems. I have my boost kicked up to 4.2 ghz and i'm totally fine with it. 

Also, last but not least, it might be a problem with amd altogether. People are reporting problems with amd and this game... AND if you use windows 8 or 10 you might also have problems related to that. Hope you found something to try out. Sorry if i wasnt of any help :)

You meet the minimum system requirements, but not the recommended: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205500389-System-Requirements

I would recommend either upgrading your CPU if possible or turn down in-game settings(there should be a preset for "combat", that usually tones down everything for higher FPS).

Also you didn't say, but how much RAM do you have? You need at least 3GB for Win7 and above.

55 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

It most likely is your cpu, yes. 

Most mmorpgs are really cpu heavy, even tho it should be more noticable in fights and general gameplay than in loading screens. Loading screens are in general bottlenecked by your harddrive speed, which shouldnt be a problem at all on an ssd. I also have the game on an ssd, and while i find that loading screens got longer since the game launched (or cbt), they are all pretty quick and i dont have loading screens when walking through portals at all (which some people with bad hardware do have).

Generally, the game (well, all games) should use one core for the main game and then when they optimize the game they try to put different tasks on other cores to spread the stress more, so that they can take advantage of more of the computers potential. I'm not really sure if it should max out two cores tho, i also didnt look at my cpu usage while playing so i cant really help you further in this direction.

What you can try is to overclock your cpu. Be sure that you have a good cooling system. Air cooling is fine, but if you use the boxed cooling system (when you didnt buy one extra) you might run into temperature problems. I have my boost kicked up to 4.2 ghz and i'm totally fine with it. 

Also, last but not least, it might be a problem with amd altogether. People are reporting problems with amd and this game... AND if you use windows 8 or 10 you might also have problems related to that. Hope you found something to try out. Sorry if i wasnt of any help :)

Thanks, I am using Windows 10, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some issue aside from the general lag spikes and such. I'll try overclocking my CPU.

If you are talking about the launch after patch today it's normal.Everybody is experiencing a long load up time atm.Tons of threads already about that.Took me 2 mins between pin and character page and another between character choice and entering again.Some have it worst some post are talking about 5mins between pin and character page and some even crashing.I wouldn't worry about that if when u play things are fine.

43 minutes ago, EChondo said:

You meet the minimum system requirements, but not the recommended: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205500389-System-Requirements

I would recommend either upgrading your CPU if possible or turn down in-game settings(there should be a preset for "combat", that usually tones down everything for higher FPS).

Also you didn't say, but how much RAM do you have? You need at least 3GB for Win7 and above.

In-game playing isn't too much of a problem. I already have the settings at "optimized for combat" and receive 45-60 FPS in open-world, probably around 30-50 FPS in dungeons with others, and 60-80 FPS in solo instances. As for memory, I have 8GB of DDR3 RAM. Would most quad-core processors do better in a game like this than a dual-core? Every other game, MMORPG or not, has run pretty smoothly on this system except for BnS.

• 3 months later...

Can say the loading speed is pretty quick here. Prob 40s from starting to being able to move around in-game (Core i7 4770k). But noticed that a friend using my old hardware a ~3-3.6 GHz Athlon 250 x2 took about the same time to load as you mentioned.

On 26/01/2016 at 10:34 PM, Aluvis said:

So, I've been having these REALLY long loading times. It takes about 2-3 minutes to boot up BnS from the launcher to when I select my character, and loading screens, on average, last around a minute long. The loading lag also seems to last much longer than it should (5+ seconds). I receive hardly any delay, except maybe during peak hours, so I can't quite say that it's my connection (my ping speed/latency is also 50-55 ms). I also have the game downloaded on a Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD. I've contacted support about this, but they haven't narrowed down the problem. This isn't surprising since the last thing they seem to blame is your hardware...but I think it is my hardware.  I've noticed that during the loading screens, my CPU usage goes up to 100%, with BnS pretty much squeezing everything that's available sometimes taking above 95%. So, I'm curious if this is normal for most, or if I'm bottlenecking.

CPU: AMD A4-5300 APU (hyper-threaded dual-core clocking ~3.4 Ghz)

GPU: Radeon HD 7800 series (~1 Mhz)

i'd say "working as intended"....

i have the folowing problem, can play with *cricket* loads of players on screen without a problem ( low fps yeah)  or even leave the toon afk for hours in hubs without ctrl+f, but if for some reason I:

1- forget to input my OTP

2- leave the toon in the x-dungeon/arena selection screen

3- have to wait for said dungeon or arena

for more than 4-5 mins i get a cpu overheating warning or a system shutdown ( as protection kicks in)

go figure...

cpu, intel core i5 (2 core with HT)

I have an i5 and it does the very same thing, 100% usage during loading screens, I also have it on an SSD, also the loading screen often stops and says B&S Not Responding, but ultimately it comes back and loads till the end. I wonder what could be the issue :\

14 hours ago, Mucski said:

I have an i5 and it does the very same thing, 100% usage during loading screens, I also have it on an SSD, also the loading screen often stops and says B&S Not Responding, but ultimately it comes back and loads till the end. I wonder what could be the issue :\

bad code, there is no other answer.

14 hours ago, Immortal Technique said:

Having the same problems and I'm getting 6-15 fps on boss fights in 6 man dungeons, as well as 2+ min loading screens, so long that people in the dungeon are waiting at the first boss like "where are you?" ....

I hate this game, and technology in general.. :(

Well it's partially the devs fault and also your own for expecting the game to run on whattever old hardware you're running. :/

Archived