I disagree with all the complaints about crafting

Elefancy

On 1/27/2016 at 1:53 PM, Temjiu said:

I suppose if your the kind of person that just takes what you get and doesn't strive for better, then you can just be OK with what is. I've never been that kind of person. 

Uhh... No, you have it the other way around.

I strive for better in real life.

The part where I just "take what you get" is in video games.

Quite honestly, it's pretty darn sad the other way around.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Elefancy said:

It's not a fallacy if attacking the person was what I originally intended. When did I ever say I was addressing an argument? My only aim was to bash and attack and declare war on the person.

It's a fallacy of discourse where you use insults to justify a position. It doesn't reinforce any point you're trying to make. You also assume someone doesn't have a legitimate argument if they have specific traits even without facts to back up your bias. If I say, "all elephants are pink and therefore not mammals", what evidence do I have to support that? Likewise, what evidence do you have that supports your statement about people living with their parents?

8 minutes ago, Elefancy said:

I don't think I'm better than you. I am better than you.

By what experiences are you basing this on? Do you know Flatbatz in person and have you had sufficient interaction with him to make this claim?

Knowing you're better than someone is subjective, it does not make it objectively true. So even if you think you're better than someone then you are only by your own standards and nobody is forced to agree with you.

Personally, I think you're a douchebag, but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, Elefancy said:

So that's why you create threads simply to rant online and insult people for no reason? 

8 hours ago, Elefancy said:

So you live your life diffenrent than in game and you come in here tell us to deal with it like in real life? Nonsense! Man u gotta think more before write this for other to read! 

but but but....

all the craft profession need those specific potters product...

and those specific potter product need those mining item...

and those mining item is like ghost, hardly find them... *not to mention to mine them need specific potter item too...

so all this craft profession is all about potter... 

no wonder the price of potter item is so high... *firstly because ALL other profession need it, and secondly because of those ghost mining site...

which is making some other craft item if not the whole profession is worthless because of shop price is way lower than craft cost...

The thing is. There is no gather/crafting in this game.

TERA had a better one, WoW, EQ, and ESO.

You know, when you go out in search of materials, to craft a weapon that is strong to push you towards your next craft set. 

This is all ordering stuff. You, the player, don't craft a thing. And all the materials are obtained through daily quest. What they need to do is just a flat out revamp of the crafting system. Which won't happen. So GG anyone who liked crafting, cause you can't do it here.

@Elefancy

You, my friend, just undermined any valid points you had made by typing the second half of your post. No, if someone is of another mentality, that never gives you the right to even think that you know anything about them. People come from different MMO's, are used to different crafting systems and have a right to their opinion whether that agrees with yours or not. Under no circumstances do you have the right to jump in conclusions about their real life or insult a certain part of the player base which consists of people who indeed do still live with their parents, because of age, economical reasons, because they fancy it OR whatever else.. That's none of OUR (or your) business and it has NOTHING to do with the game whatsoever.

15 hours ago, Lyrebon said:

It's a fallacy of discourse where you use insults to justify a position. It doesn't reinforce any point you're trying to make. You also assume someone doesn't have a legitimate argument if they have specific traits even without facts to back up your bias. If I say, "all elephants are pink and therefore not mammals", what evidence do I have to support that? Likewise, what evidence do you have that supports your statement about people living with their parents?

By what experiences are you basing this on? Do you know Flatbatz in person and have you had sufficient interaction with him to make this claim?

Knowing you're better than someone is subjective, it does not make it objectively true. So even if you think you're better than someone then you are only by your own standards and nobody is forced to agree with you.

Personally, I think you're a douchebag, but that's just me.

So that's why you create threads simply to rant online and insult people for no reason? 

I have one thing to say before I put in my $0.02. Lyrebon, I salute you sir/madam! Damn fine points and it's refreshing to see someone use their common sense and tact when replying to a thread. :)

Now onto my two cents. So I agree with the fact that I do see the crafting system as "broken." I speak from personal experience as my husband and I planned out what professions we were going to take between our mains and alts. We wanted to have everything we could possibly need covered so that we wouldn't have to essentially buy anything off of the marketplace. Fast forward 10, 15, 20 levels to 35-ish level. My radiant ring is leveled mainly because of keys, my stone cutters is leveled, but my prospecting and forgemaster skills are not. Making them pretty useless in my eyes and so I had to take up Merry Potters. I also went with the logging people who I want to say are called the Green Thumbs right now, but of course I could be wrong. Anyway, I do think the crafting system needs to be a bit more balanced. I personally would like to see more recipes in the crafting system as I kind of hate how the radiant ring only crafts diamonds. Not to mention that it seems the only diamonds worth anything on the marketplace seem to be the attack power and additional damage. Of course attack power reigning supreme on the marketplace and the chance at obtaining one after crafting a pouch is left up to RNGesus.

Now I will also say that when it comes to crafting times, I am a bit torn on how long it takes. On one hand, yes you can have the NPC craft/gather it for you, and it can be delievered anywhere in the world for a price. So I am generally okay with how long it takes to receive something and as mentioned in the OP that the quantity increases so it's not so bad. What I do have a problem with is that when it's a steep price because you're doing both gathering/crafting away from the NPC, you have to buy any materials, and then wait 12-20 hours for the order to complete.. it plays on how much patience you have. Sometimes I can be a impatient person if I'm in an area for the Old Man Cho quest and I really don't want to wait 6+ hours for sap on top of 40 minutes so I can craft the Serpent Bell for the quest (which I have to do again for our alts atm). Perhaps timers on special items could be reduced? Overall, I think the gathering/crafting system is good, but it does need some fine tuning.

Just a thought and if you have something to say regarding my post, please be mature about it. It's a mature game so I'd expect that we're all adults here or at least we should be :P They made that saying "Lets agree to disagree" for a reason. No one needs to flame someone for an opinion. Which in turn leads me to another famous line "Opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one." :)

Breaking it down if you don't want to read all of that:

Balance the gathering/crafting guilds

Add more recipes to said gathering/crafting guilds

Maybe reduce crafting time of "special" craftable items

1 hour ago, Eliseth said:

I have one thing to say before I put in my $0.02. Lyrebon, I salute you sir/madam! Damn fine points and it's refreshing to see someone use their common sense and tact when replying to a thread. :)

Now onto my two cents. So I agree with the fact that I do see the crafting system as "broken." I speak from personal experience as my husband and I planned out what professions we were going to take between our mains and alts. We wanted to have everything we could possibly need covered so that we wouldn't have to essentially buy anything off of the marketplace. Fast forward 10, 15, 20 levels to 35-ish level. My radiant ring is leveled mainly because of keys, my stone cutters is leveled, but my prospecting and forgemaster skills are not. Making them pretty useless in my eyes and so I had to take up Merry Potters. I also went with the logging people who I want to say are called the Green Thumbs right now, but of course I could be wrong. Anyway, I do think the crafting system needs to be a bit more balanced. I personally would like to see more recipes in the crafting system as I kind of hate how the radiant ring only crafts diamonds. Not to mention that it seems the only diamonds worth anything on the marketplace seem to be the attack power and additional damage. Of course attack power reigning supreme on the marketplace and the chance at obtaining one after crafting a pouch is left up to RNGesus.

Now I will also say that when it comes to crafting times, I am a bit torn on how long it takes. On one hand, yes you can have the NPC craft/gather it for you, and it can be delievered anywhere in the world for a price. So I am generally okay with how long it takes to receive something and as mentioned in the OP that the quantity increases so it's not so bad. What I do have a problem with is that when it's a steep price because you're doing both gathering/crafting away from the NPC, you have to buy any materials, and then wait 12-20 hours for the order to complete.. it plays on how much patience you have. Sometimes I can be a impatient person if I'm in an area for the Old Man Cho quest and I really don't want to wait 6+ hours for sap on top of 40 minutes so I can craft the Serpent Bell for the quest (which I have to do again for our alts atm). Perhaps timers on special items could be reduced? Overall, I think the gathering/crafting system is good, but it does need some fine tuning.

Just a thought and if you have something to say regarding my post, please be mature about it. It's a mature game so I'd expect that we're all adults here or at least we should be :P They made that saying "Lets agree to disagree" for a reason. No one needs to flame someone for an opinion. Which in turn leads me to another famous line "Opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one." :)

Breaking it down if you don't want to read all of that:

Balance the gathering/crafting guilds

Add more recipes to said gathering/crafting guilds

Maybe reduce crafting time of "special" craftable items

Great points. 

A few points i want to clarify though. the tree people are called the tree fellers. Green thumb is plant gathering.

Also attack damage diamonds are of course the most expensive since people in mmorpg's generally speaking follow a policy of kill them before they kill you. Especially one with pvp, this also is boosted by the fact that the majority of classes are dps, so they want more damage however possible. Personally I'm saving up for the defense diamond of 400 to make up for some of the weaknesses of my force master.

On 1/29/2016 at 1:20 PM, Sylvaeril said:

Great points. 

A few points i want to clarify though. the tree people are called the tree fellers. Green thumb is plant gathering.

Also attack damage diamonds are of course the most expensive since people in mmorpg's generally speaking follow a policy of kill them before they kill you. Especially one with pvp, this also is boosted by the fact that the majority of classes are dps, so they want more damage however possible. Personally I'm saving up for the defense diamond of 400 to make up for some of the weaknesses of my force master.

Thanks. Yeah, after writing that post, I was like "herbs.. green thumbs.. duh!" lol I've only ever got 1 attack power diamond out of a pouch. It was  when I first started and I got a green triangular one. I have yet to get one since. So maybe increase the chance of RNGesus letting you have one as well or maybe find a horseshoe and four leaf clover to stick up your ass :P

I hate the "gathering" system. It's garbage. I'd rather go out and have to find the materials myself (like in aion or mabinogi). and the few materials you can go farm need a *cricket*in increased respawn rate. It's ridiculous, I need 6 viridian quartz and there's literally none on all of the channels i visit.

as for the crafting, I guess it's alright. Haven't any issues. 

I just think having to pay money to gather and craft is pretty stupid in a game that's soooooooo damn stingy with methods on making money. Other than that I don't mind the crafting half.

I understand the frustration at waiting, which comes about when you don't do stuff to contribute to the exercise. From the games perspective, it also stops (or attempts to) the botting that is evident on many other MMOs

My feedback about the crafting to the publishers (and hopefully it will be passed to the developers) was that there was not enough interaction in the crafting process. You should have to interrupt killing stuff to go and craft as killing continuously gets boring.

However, my annoyance happened when I saw the pricing of the assembled items - what is it when the assembled item cost less that the sum of the parts?

So one of the other bits of feedback is that maybe that should be looked at as well.

Challenging?  A click-and-wait crafting system is challenging?

No my complaints about this game's crafting system is that it sucks.  Click-and-Wait crafting is bad enough, but gathering seems to fall to the same design, or to the cash shop, or to the random drops, or to random salvages.  Oh, and then there are the nodes that never spawn or are bugged and won't let me harvest them.  So, the gathering isn't.

There are a few recipes that are tempting.  I am making health potions and dumplings at a discount to the vendors, mailing them to alts and even selling a few on the marketplace.  But it's just click and wait on four tasks every half an hour -- if I have enough coin.  Other recipes?  I am intrigued to make keys, but that process is silly and demands quartz (sighs) and viridian poison (cash shop).  

I don't feel challenged, except by slow-respawning, buggy nodes.  

The only problem I have about crafting is that it's sometimes expensive. I can't spend all day farming for supplies, l0l I mean.. the only thing really that is needed for this patch is the merry potters, the moonstone trans stone costs wayyyyy more to make than to sell so who ever is still crafting them either is super rich and doesnt care or just doesnt know what they're doing. 

There's no actual gathering of base resources, (Besides the stuff so rare it's not even worth it)  just click a button. Boring/Easy

Okay, fine, w/e

You click and wait, there's nothing else you can do. Boring/Easy

Okay fine w/e

It's stupidly expensive, it's cheaper to buy than make your own, voids most people's purpose in crafting. 

Okay fine w/e

All of that, is sorta acceptable. 

But really, what is the point in crafting at all? You can't actually make anything unique, special, fun, or even particularly useful. Most of the crafting in this game makes stuff you get from dailies, and makes it stupidly hard in the first place. 

2+ silver to gather 10 herbs. 

30 herbs required to make ten potions

10 Potions sell for 1+ silver. 

I would have been happier if the game didn't have crafting at all instead of having it as horrible as it is. 

In fact, i was happier in the game in general until i learned more about the crafting, or lack there off. 

I DONT LIKE this system.  But i am not saying it sucks. I can understand that ppl like it.
But i dont agree if u think it's coz that :  "yeah they don't like it coz they are lazy"
I would be happy to build/craft an expensive object which takes time ...

what does CRAFTING mean?  It's a job to make something, creating , a skilled activity, "handicraft"

Honestly,  do u really feel that in the game? Do u feel u build or make something?
No, for me,  it's just ordering

It's like  building up a computer, u have the pleasure to select the components and pieces , but not the joy to build it up.. U pay someone to do it. That's frustrating...

In this game, I really wished i collect myself the components, No in this game u have to order them

In this game, I really wished I build myself the object,  No in this game u have to pay someone to do it

that s not gathering, that's not crafting in the traditional way.

hey I dont say it's bad,  it's just different system and it's not for me.  ( cough  FF14  cough)

Still I like this game :)

I actually like this system a lot. Saves so much time. I can do dailies no problem while my crafting & gathering is in motion.

I'm just disappointed that some vocations are pretty much useless. And I hate gathering quartz, the nodes are never there when I decide to gather them. I think they should be acquired the same way as other stuff. Maybe wait 12hrs for 5? Dunno. This needs some improvement. Either lower the spawn time for the nodes or create a new way of gathering them.

Anyhow, I'm quite happy with the system overall. Just have a main and two alts and you are self-sufficient.

Archived