DPS Meter Request

osembai

1 minute ago, TalonShina said:

Because I can tell you no one will come up to me and say hey thanks for the heals. Some might not even notice they are getting any because they'd be too focused on making sure their DPS is King 

playing a healer to get thanked? to get noticed? that's pretty funny haha

coming from someone who always mains heals/supports

clutch saves feel satisfying to myself, no need for other people to stroke my epeen.

i can guarantee you even with the way the game is played now, everyone is more or less focusing on their own stuff (barring certain circumstances)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Raxr said:

For the record I'm pro Meter... everyone who is concerned with how someone else feels about your damage go grab your stuffed bunny and cuddle up real tight with your nightlight on. As a normal human being you should want to improve. DPS meters are meant for letting you know where u stand, so you can improve... If you don't care, don't install.

A personal one I can get behind not a group one. Because we all know there are several people will

1. YOUR DPS SUCKS! Kick

2. HERE LET ME HELP YOUR BUILD (usually the info isn't helpful it's condesending) 

3 minutes ago, zzzkait said:

playing a healer to get thanked? to get noticed? that's pretty funny haha

coming from someone who always mains heals/supports

clutch saves feel satisfying to myself, no need for other people to stroke my epeen.

i can guarantee you even with the way the game is played now, everyone is more or less focusing on their own stuff (barring certain circumstances)

I and I don't play a summoner with heals to get thanked i play that way because I want to. What I am saying is with a group dps meter how many people are going to realize they got heals from me. Probably none in fact many will probably yell that my DPS sucks. This game doesn't have a holy trinity so a Group DPS Meter would only promote the every person for himself instead of speccing abilities for team play 

Edit: if you think the summoner is the healer then you are wrong

Just now, TalonShina said:

I and I don't play a summoner with heals to get thanked i play that way because I want to. What I am saying is with a group dps meter how many people are going to realize they got heals from me. Probably none in fact many will probably yell that my DPS sucks. This game doesn't have a holy trinity so a Group DPS Meter would only promote the every person for himself instead of speccing abilities for team play 

perhaps, but if we're talking about party dps meter, normal people would expect BM/BD/KFM/FM or whatever pure DPS class to do the actual DPS.

BUT, I am satisfied with a personal DPS meter, could careless about other people's DPS, that simple.

Just now, osembai said:

perhaps, but if we're talking about party dps meter, normal people would expect BM/BD/KFM/FM or whatever pure DPS class to do the actual DPS.

BUT, I am satisfied with a personal DPS meter, could careless about other people's DPS, that simple.

a personal one sure I wouldn't mind that. I might not use it all the time but sometimes sure. 

A group one with the structure of BnS would harm the game in my opinion 

Just now, TalonShina said:

a personal one sure I wouldn't mind that. I might not use it all the time but sometimes sure. 

A group one with the structure of BnS would harm the game in my opinion 

yup, not asking for a party DPS meter or anything, just a private personal DPS meter to improve oneself.

NCwest's main goal and at the moment is to get us, the west version. up to patch's and content that the other versions are at, they have been out for years and have been successfull, we will get everything they have over the coming months, anything you want that they dont have simply is NOT going to happen and never will, If they dont have it, it is not needed, so asking for anything they dont have is just a complete waste of time

10 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

then don't play with randoms that don't understand how much value you actually bring. make some friends, maybe? i'll be your friend. 

besides, excluding certain mechanics where you need to stop dps to dodge/interact with stuff, your heals are part of your rotation and tick over time while you do other stuff anyways. summoners don't have trash damage.

also (sorry this was bothering me from one of your previous posts) unless you mean taking points out of doom n bloom to spec into dps trees (which summoners really don't have that much of to dump into anyways) the trees that are available for doom n bloom rn only allow you to spec into party HP recovery or party FOCUS recovery, not dps lol.

i have enough points to get my dps AND support in pve. 

edit to reply to that edit lol:

not saying summ is a healer. everyone is more or less a dps with some support capabilities in this game.

24 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

I'm not scared of being grouped with morons. I just don't want to be grouped with elists jerks who want to pass their knowledge onto me for whatever reason. I theory craft I work hard on my character to fit my playstyle I don't need morons or jerks telling me I'm playing wrong. And since their are no healers in this game your point there is moot, Summoners have the option to spec Petal blossom and Doom and bloom for party heals but doom and bloom can also be specced a different way and what I am saying is how many would sacrifice DPS if there was a meter and they knew people were going to be testing them. 

Because I can tell you no one will come up to me and say hey thanks for the heals. Some might not even notice they are getting any because they'd be too focused on making sure their DPS is King 

you are the one saying that healers would stop healing.

" My Summoner would drop casting petal blossom and change the spec of Doom and Bloom for damage instead of party healing. "

that is what you said. you are ignorant and is someone that is willing to lie to get your already invalid point across. 

13 minutes ago, Cipher81 said:

Totally against. 

I remember the WoW days where I'd be kicked or where I'd HAVE to kick someone lest I want everyone to leave because someone has a DPS they consider as too low.

Very little good comes out of a DPS meter.

I'm with you and I'm done with this thread. 

and I'm not lying for the person that called me that i would spend on my points on other things I wouldn't spend a point to spec petal blossom for party healing. I wouldn't spec for party healing doom and bloom I would spec for party focus and double the healing on myself so I could stay alive to pump out DPS. because I'll be damned if someone tries to kick me for low DPS. A Dps meter would bring an EVERY PLAYER FOR THEMSELVES MENTALITY and those in foavor of a group dps don't care how it would effect the game. 

First question: Did you manage to complete the dungeon/kill the boss?

If yes (And by the sound of it, you did), WHAT'S THE *cricket*ING PROBLEM!? The loot bidding removes excuse to whine because some "lucked out" and got gear they "didn't deserve", so that's not an issue. The boss is dead and the dungeon finished, so that's not the problem either? Some $#!&head thinks you didn't do enough, who cares, he's the d*ck, don't sink to his level.

A DPS meter will change the mentality of dungeons, and people will tend to get ridiculously (Illogically) exclusive, wanting to finish a dungeon in FOUR minutes instead of five and kicking anyone they think would slow them down by a couple of seconds (Often, hilariously, wasting MORE time finding a suitable replacement than it would have taken to just finish the dungeon).

A personal meter I could get behind, kinda, but I know when I'm slacking off anyway. I've got a build I enjoy, I clear dungeons and know I'm contributing, a DPS meter would probably kick in my optimising obsession and kill the fun I'm having.

10 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

I'm with you and I'm done with this thread. 

and I'm not lying for the person that called me that i would spend on my points on other things I wouldn't spend a point to spec petal blossom for party healing. I wouldn't spec for party healing doom and bloom I would spec for party focus and double the healing on myself so I could stay alive to pump out DPS. because I'll be damned if someone tries to kick me for low DPS. A Dps meter would bring an EVERY PLAYER FOR THEMSELVES MENTALITY and those in foavor of a group dps don't care how it would effect the game. 

the nature of this game already brings an "every player for themselves" mentality as it is, considering there is no trinity, no true support, no true tank. every class has the tools to keep themselves alive as long as they can play intelligently. even after inherent class tools there are still potions.

at this point i don't know what you're trying to say lol

either branch of the doom n bloom tree is suitable. you can't spec it to heal you twice as much, i don't know where you're getting this from.

like, i dunno dude, he quoted you. are you forgetting what you've previously posted?

1 hour ago, TalonShina said:

My Summoner would drop casting petal blossom and change the spec of Doom and Bloom for damage instead of party healing. Since i am a caster I go and rez those who I see dead when the boss is away from them I can rez and cast pet skills my DPS would take a hit so I might leave that BD/BM/Sin whatever dead and guess what the party would suffer because we'd be missing a person. 

13 minutes ago, Deathwish said:

you are the one saying that healers would stop healing.

" My Summoner would drop casting petal blossom and change the spec of Doom and Bloom for damage instead of party healing. "

that is what you said. you are ignorant and is someone that is willing to lie to get your already invalid point across. 

this was pretty entertaining but it seems like the steam died down a little.

i'd be all for a party wide dps meter. if it's personal i'd at least like to see the percentage compared to everyone else combined. i'd know i wasn't slacking/failing if i seemed to hit 1/6th or 1/4th ish of total damage done to the boss. 

The amount of salt in this thread is enough to fill all the salt shakers in the world three times over. The DPS meter isn't for the common example that people have been giving (ex: ONLY LOOKING FOR XXXXX+ DAMAGE). It is for helping build your character so you know what works best for you. Also it is bound to happen that some groups do that example I gave, but who cares. Stop getting butt hurt or block them, because you don't have to run with those people.  

#2016YEAROFTHEBUTTHURTKIDS

In these many successful years, blade and soul changed alot in UI and utility to aid in PVE content. I used to remember the game didnt even show the guy's name who had agro and stuff, mobs which had quest marks on them when targetted, so a lot changed but they never added a DPS-meter in asian countries coz they never cared about individual DPS but went for a faster party clears and stuff. Even if they were to gauge themselves over which build players always tested it over the dummies in Mushin Tower area which we are getting on Feb-10.

Isn't it about time we play as a community rather than a individual driven playerbase.

DPS leads to lots of e-peen and many mustv'e seen it from Vindictus and WoW, thats my stand on this topic. 

6 minutes ago, Infini said:

The amount of salt in this thread is enough to fill all the salt shakers in the world three times over. The DPS meter isn't for the common example that people have been giving (ex: ONLY LOOKING FOR XXXXX+ DAMAGE). It is for helping build your character so you know what works best for you. Also it is bound to happen that some groups do that example I gave, but who cares. Stop getting butt hurt or block them, because you don't have to run with those people.  

#2016YEAROFTHEBUTTHURTKIDS

people seem to forget that they can make friends with and group with like-minded people

like, idk, no single individual is going to be the only person thinking a certain way

026.png

for those fearing about how dungeon finder will change, well... you already don't have a choice in who you get, and assholes will always be assholes and find a way to make it known. 

+1

1 minute ago, zzzkait said:

people seem to forget that they can make friends with and group with like-minded people

like, idk, no single individual is going to be the only person thinking a certain way

026.png

for those fearing about how dungeon finder will change, well... you already don't have a choice in who you get, and assholes will always be assholes and find a way to make it known. 

Yup people will be butthurt over every little thing. 

I definitely want at the very least a personal DPS meter I understand that things like CC and holding aggro are just as valuable as dealing damage and any good player knows this as well this game doesn't really have the holy trinity (healer/dps/tank) so all classes need to pay special attention to dodging. What I want a DPSmeter for is to optimize MYSELF I dont care what my party does I want to become a better player and see what skill rotations maximize my damage while at the same time keep me alive, and having a meter gives me the tools I need to do so. To all the people whining about how it will cause people to kick or to epeen you are just wrong. At good/high levels of play most players understand the concept of support skills and that DPS isn't everything.

In short give me the meter!!!!!11!!11!shiftone!!!!

How can you even suck at dpsing in this game? i mean people are saying i want to improve myself,this game only offers mostly 1-2 build for pvE and 1 for PvP depends on the class you're up against. But was for PvE it's mostly 1 build, either for 1 mob or vs many mobs,but it's usually  same build..

You can only suck at DPS if you're bad at ani cancel at some classes but that's abt it. maybe i'm wrong  but every youtube video shows you exactly the same thing,just which rotation to do for best dmg output and how to ani cancel correctly. So if you suck at dps you're just bad at animation cancelling which to see you don't even need DPS meter,you can see it with your own eyes if you do it or not...

Yes please for DPS meters. I cannot possibly see why anyone would be against having additional information at their disposal. 

Damage meters are imperative for tweaking builds, optimising stats and generally giving you finer control over your character. Obnoxious bragging and demonising of people lower on the charts should not even factor into a reasonable argument against such a thing, as the people that do that are irrelevant in the end (likely they are pubbies who you can ignore or never have to interact with again).

As someone who will be looking to do a lot of tanking, I would very much like to know how much aggro I am creating and when the damage dealers start using bursty combos. I want to be able to figure out the right ratios of offence to defence, and damage meters make the process of theory crafting numbers much easier.

As someone else has mentioned in this thread already, the biggest opposers to DPS meters are those that know they aren't pulling their weight in instances, and have no intention of improving themselves.

No numbered DPS meters, but maybe a percentile contribution meter?  Or since party members are numbered, have boss health deplete into contribution bars filling up the empty space with who did what portion of damage, and maybe end with a little MVP crown and small gold bonus for the top player in a boss fight.

TO all you who don't want them....why not let them be player only and not visible to others?  That way people can try different things and see the results easy, but all you delicate flowers worried that others will see your craptastic DPS can still bury your heads in the sand.

I would rather have a server status page, than have a DPS meter where some goofball is paying attention to his 2nd screen watching numbers roll by, and not performing his role properly in the group. Everyone has a role to perform, damage is needed but timing group skills with spacebar when they happen knowing when or when not to knock a boss up will prove a lot more fruitful in the end then someone with 20 ms ping out damaging a guy who has 80 ms ping 

Archived