DPS Meter Request

osembai

today at cross server dungeon while I (Blade Dance) DPS the nutella outta the boss (you can tell with the boss aggro on me 100% of the time) and then team members saying "Cricket, can you stop standing there and do nothing?" excuse me...? lmao....

tl;dr: add a dps meter please, don't get cricket'ed by random people *bites hongmoon buns*

EDIT: I read all of the replies to this post and I do believe that both sides are into consideration. True, if added a DPS Meter there are going to be DPS calling (we only want ppl with xxxxxx DPS+) And DPS discrimination (You do so little DPS we're gonna kick you). That is bound to happen if DPS meter is implanted, i absolutely agree. BUT, however, I personally want a DPS meter whether its Personal (only I could see it) or team (everyone's DPS is visible) I don't really mind (I would like to know whats my damage output is, really that simple). for example, i want to know when i tweak my wind or electric skill, which skill set does better etc.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

running dungeon/things with dps meter is simply common sense.

If I am carrying someone I need to know that so I can sh*t that right to his face.

If I am being carried I need to know that so I look into improving myself.

Dmg meters made every other game much better, for me at least. Even tho I just started BnS yesterday I can't see a reason why it would be a bad thing.  Dmg meters help people improve their gameplay, even if some people use it wrong to just show off their dps, or bash people with lower dps. Ignoring classes just because they're not as strong as some other didn't happen too much in tera for example.  Only at the very top level when getting highest score in your server or something. But even if there was no dmg meter, people who really wanted to know what the best classes are would find out. Dmg meters just make things a bit simpler.

For everyday gameplay dmg meters are great. Seeing your dps increase as you get better, or testing different strategies or builds is often times close to impossible without dmg meters.

all those people who are against dps meter are just chickens who are afraid to face reality.

you enjoy feeling strong when kill boss in dungeon. but you have no idea how much you actually contributed to it. Living in lie. it's choise. but for us who dun wanna live in lie plz stop this nonsense.

Osembai dude hang in there. Get ur mechanism to defend urself against NOOBS and no brainers.

24 minutes ago, Cadencia said:

Nah, it will just lead to butthurt ppls and ppls with penesis so long, they can't stand. And yep...even the girls will grow one. noone wants that

Yeah, no DPS meter here please, just create a bunch of drama and kicking for no reason. 

Just like WoW. 

It will just be like. OMG my class so bad, no damage. 

KICK This idiot, he has no damage! (Maybe becuase he's new = KICK) 

I mean, there is really nothing good, i don't even use it in WoW today, i couldn't give a less fak about how much damage people doing, as long we finish it and 19/20 sits with it anyway so i cba. 

It also creates clutter anyway. 

15 minutes ago, yeboy123 said:

DPS meter?....why not focus on not dying when doing dungeons? LOL

I do that xDD If I center my attention in dps, i'll probably die :B

No to that dps meter. I don't want to be blamed because i did useless thing like... Heal the party, apply anti-ranged attack buffs or using the cat to revive people while fighting.

Let me tell you why DPS meter is not good.

As someone playing destroyer, I can put points into my grab to give people infinite chi and higher crit rate as long as I hold the boss (up to 6 sec). The cooldown on that is 18 seconds. This way I give the whole party increased damage and it adds up to way more than I could do by myself in that time.

Now, imagine if I would care about the DPS meter. I'd skip putting points into helping others do damage and skip CC-ing the boss altogether. I will most likely do a crapton more damage, but the overall party damage would suffer by a huge amount.

Please, if you want DPS meter, go play something else.

1 hour ago, Jaffar said:

all those people who are against dps meter are just chickens who are afraid to face reality.

you enjoy feeling strong when kill boss in dungeon. but you have no idea how much you actually contributed to it. Living in lie. it's choise. but for us who dun wanna live in lie plz stop this nonsense.

Osembai dude hang in there. Get ur mechanism to defend urself against NOOBS and no brainers.

1 hour ago, Brainy said:

As someone playing destroyer, I can put points into my grab to give people infinite chi and higher crit rate as long as I hold the boss (up to 6 sec). The cooldown on that is 14 seconds. This way I give the whole party increased damage and it adds up to way more than I could by myself do in that time.

Now, imagine if I would care about the DPS meter. I'd skip putting points into helping others do damage and skip CC-ing the boss altogether. I will most likely do a crapton more damage, but the overall party damage would suffer by a huge amount.

this guy

Since there isn't a traditional "trinity" in this game I feel a DPS meter would do a lot of harm. I love my Summoner but I am taking some routes to make her a support as well as of course DPS and if my DPS then slacks a little because I cast Petal Blossom or cast something else that isn't a top DPS skill I don't want to be kicked especially if i am playing the class decently. I am not top end or anything but I am learning the tricks and such of my class and I don't need someone yelling at me for my DPS 

5 minutes ago, Brainy said:

As someone playing destroyer, I can put points into my grab to give people infinite chi and higher crit rate as long as I hold the boss (up to 6 sec). The cooldown on that is 14 seconds. This way I give the whole party increased damage and it adds up to way more than I could by myself do in that time.

I liked that. As a Sunflower Summoner, i love an infinite chi + crit rate + infinite supersunflower :DDDD Better than pure dps perks without any supporting.

2 minutes ago, Brainy said:

you posted this as I was writing my post similar to this everyone would forget about their CC combos and stuff like that that benefited the whole party just because they wanted to be top DPS at the end of the dungeon

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

you posted this as I was writing my post similar to this everyone would forget about their CC combos and stuff like that that benefited the whole party just because they wanted to be top DPS at the end of the dungeon

Yep say goodbye to summoners that spec for party healing too.

Exactly I am speccing my Doom and Bloom that way I am still leveling so I am still looking at the skills but I felt that would benefit parties to have some heals 

Just now, Dradiinmmo said:

Yep say goodbye to summoners that spec for party healing too.

1 minute ago, TalonShina said:

Exactly I am speccing my Doom and Bloom that way I am still leveling so I am still looking at the skills but I felt that would benefit parties to have some heals 

Keep like that :D Doom and Bloom is very useful, no one will tell you, but everyone needs a 20% heal and chi recovery every 20 seconds.

dps meters will eventually be add, just you bunch wait, you cant stop those e-pinaples from rising up your ___.

And ppl dont give much credit to the dps you do anyways, I was 1st dps sin on aion in my server and ppl hardly bothered asking me for help they rather have a friend sin come in with half my dps. I was more into pvp but just giving exemples why dps doesnt mean much for ppl.

In a synergic game like BnS it matters even less.

None the less the importance of dps is to compare your combos and choose the best, so it is necessary mainly to compare yourself with yourself.

Archived