DPS Meter Request

osembai

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zerolimits said:

DPS meters are great for trying to improve yourself. I think the only people that wouldn't want it suck at dpsing, and don't want to be compared. They could easily make a dps meter that doesn't check other peoples damage if that makes you goobers feel better.

There's many, many good reasons for dps meters. and no real bad reasons. any argument that uses the word "toxic" is ignored by me.

Go ahead then and tell me I don't want a DPS meter because I suck. When I pause to cast petal blossom for a heal or I bash my pet skills while rezzing someone that dies instead of casting my higher damage skills. This game is about team work and using abilities to boost the team as whole. 

As stated in above posts if you have a DPS meter that Destroyer who specced to boost party damage at the sake of his own won't do that. His DPS would sky rocket but the whole party's DPS would suffer. 

My Summoner would drop casting petal blossom and change the spec of Doom and Bloom for damage instead of party healing. Since i am a caster I go and rez those who I see dead when the boss is away from them I can rez and cast pet skills my DPS would take a hit so I might leave that BD/BM/Sin whatever dead and guess what the party would suffer because we'd be missing a person. 

DPS meters for the whole party would be toxic because people would worry more about their DPS and less about important group tactics. People would not move out the way when they needed to because they wouldn't be DPSing and then they might die. People wouldn't pause to rez that person leaving the party with one less person. When my Cat dies I wouldn't try to find a spot where I could break and rez him to give us an extra hand in the dungeon. There are a lot of things those saying WE NEED DPS METERS aren't seeing. 

In a game with a true tank, healer, and 2/3 DPS in a group sure I could see it. I wouldn't always like it but I wouldn't shout for it to be removedbecause sure in those games I could see it's use. But in this game where there are no roles, no trinity and everyone is "DPS" it would hurt those who choose a more supporting role knowing their DPS will slack a tiny bit for it

You can't see our point or you don't want to see it, i give up in this thread =.=

Be happy being a dps-dependant without any team-vision and enjoy the dps-fapping. At least there is more players (And summoners <3) who share my vision of the game, that's a relief :)

3 minutes ago, Sargiron said:

You can't see our point or you don't want to see it, i give up in this thread =.=

Be happy being a dps-dependant without any team-vision and enjoy the dps-fapping. At least there is more players (And summoners <3) who share my vision of the game, that's a relief :)

haha Sarigon like the (and summoners) touch there :) 

33 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

Go ahead then and tell me I don't want a DPS meter because I suck. When I pause to cast petal blossom for a heal or I bash my pet skills while rezzing someone that dies instead of casting my higher damage skills. This game is about team work and using abilities to boost the team as whole. 

As stated in above posts if you have a DPS meter that Destroyer who specced to boost party damage at the sake of his own won't do that. His DPS would sky rocket but the whole party's DPS would suffer. 

My Summoner would drop casting petal blossom and change the spec of Doom and Bloom for damage instead of party healing. Since i am a caster I go and rez those who I see dead when the boss is away from them I can rez and cast pet skills my DPS would take a hit so I might leave that BD/BM/Sin whatever dead and guess what the party would suffer because we'd be missing a person. 

DPS meters for the whole party would be toxic because people would worry more about their DPS and less about important group tactics. People would not move out the way when they needed to because they wouldn't be DPSing and then they might die. People wouldn't pause to rez that person leaving the party with one less person. When my Cat dies I wouldn't try to find a spot where I could break and rez him to give us an extra hand in the dungeon. There are a lot of things those saying WE NEED DPS METERS aren't seeing. 

In a game with a true tank, healer, and 2/3 DPS in a group sure I could see it. I wouldn't always like it but I wouldn't shout for it to be removedbecause sure in those games I could see it's use. But in this game where there are no roles, no trinity and everyone is "DPS" it would hurt those who choose a more supporting role knowing their DPS will slack a tiny bit for it

basically you are saying you are scared of being grouped up with morons. i mean with that logic you are saying that healers will stop healing purely because of a dps meter. oh wait. that is what you are saying.

even with all the games with dps meters no healer stops healing and no support stops supporting because of it. you are thick.

On 1/27/2016 at 7:03 AM, osembai said:

I read all of the replies to this post and I do believe that both sides are into consideration. True, if added a DPS Meter there are going to be DPS calling (we only want ppl with xxxxxx DPS+) And DPS discrimination (You do so little DPS we're gonna kick you). That is bound to happen if DPS meter is implanted, i absolutely agree. BUT, however, I personally want a DPS meter whether its Personal (only I could see it) or team (everyone's DPS is visible) I don't really mind (I would like to know whats my damage output is, really that simple). for example, i want to know when i tweak my wind or electric skill, which skill set does better etc.

cough cough, OP here, totally agree there is going to be those dps calling kids, but really i just want a dps meter (even if its personal) to see my dps, that simple, sure thing you might say there is healer, tanker, cc'er, of course its about teamwork and not just personal LOOK MAH DPS FOOLS kind of thing, I wouldn't want that either, but it would be nice to see how much damage you dealt to boss or field monster with your set (main point is see your dps and tweak your skills around to improve it and do more dps for future runs)

Why not adding a dps meter that only shows your own dps without a report option. Should be enough for all these people that say "I need/want it to improve the dps of my class". It also fixes the problem with all the kiddies and tryhards spamming the chat with "NEED DPS FOR DUNGEON XY 1XXXXXX DPS+ OR KICK" or some sh.it like that.

I dont need it for myself because i dont care how much dps everyone is doing as long as the dungeon or what so ever get cleared and that is what matters at the end of day.

DPS meter  REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Next you be asking for Flying mounts , so you can skip 90% of the games content and then a macro system and a BOSS alert system addon so you can copy paste macro's from some site and enter dungeon and just smash ONE button and kill everything using ONE finger and its GG. 

You obviously have no idea at all how to play these type of games, it is not ALL about DPS, its about teamwork and learning mechanics and using them to your advantage, LEARN TO PLAY 

SERIOUSLY those things ruin games, GO play WOW or hello kitty this game is NOT for you.

Just now, Elvenmad said:

DPS meter  REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Next you be asking for Flying mounts , so you can skip 90% of the games content and then a macro system and a BOSS alert system addon so you can copy paste macro's from some site and enter dungeon and just smash ONE button and kill everything using ONE finger and its GG. 

SERIOUSLY those things ruin games, GO play WOW or hello kitty this game is NOT for you.

LMAO, ok thou, seriously, lets not get so extreme shall we? all we (well some of us) are asking for is a statistic tool to show your damage output.

I think DPS meters should be allowed, but not required.  Also, the rule that DPS must be kept private, meaning no harassing someone if you see they are doing low DPS.  I've seen this happen in FF14, and mentioning of ACT (advanced combat tracker) could get you reported.  The benefit to DPS meter is to optimize "your" rotation.  The cons is that there are people who will harass others, and this will likely happen.  Having a DPS meter is more personal and self-improving.  Be mindful that there are hardcore players and casual players who wants to play for fun. 

1 minute ago, Elvenmad said:

a dps meter has never ruined an mmo. the rest of your comment is completely invalid as there is no connection to mounts from a dps meter.

2 minutes ago, osembai said:

LMAO, ok thou, seriously, lets not get so extreme shall we? all we (well some of us) are asking for is a statistic tool to show your damage output.

Yes OK, but this game has been out for years, and it is also part of E-SPORTS IF they made one here which is the new version for our part of the world, they would have to change ALL the other versions too to make them equal, sorry NOT going to happen, LEARN to play, LEARN to theory craft, 

1 minute ago, Elvenmad said:

Yes OK, but this game has been out for years, and it is also part of E-SPORTS IF they made one here which is the new version for our part of the world, they would have to change ALL the other versions too to make them equal, sorry NOT going to happen, LEARN to play, LEARN to theory craft, 

"change ALL the other versions too" well i don't see they removing voice chat feature in korean/chinese version of BnS? only in NA/EU release they remove this feature, do they really have to change all other versions?

7 minutes ago, osembai said:

"change ALL the other versions too" well i don't see they removing voice chat feature in korean/chinese version of BnS? only in NA/EU release they remove this feature, do they really have to change all other versions?

We will soon be competing alongside the JP/CN/KR versions for the world rankings, what do you think the other versions would say if we had meters or addons to 'supposedly' improve our game play, while they had none,  YEAH, not gona happen and never will, like I say learn to theory craft, we will be getting test dummys in the Mushin patch, if some Plebs need them too.

And yes I play CN and have max level characters so I know how it works over there and it is perfectly fine and always has been

14 minutes ago, Deathwish said:

basically you are saying you are scared of being grouped up with morons. i mean with that logic you are saying that healers will stop healing purely because of a dps meter. oh wait. that is what you are saying.

even with all the games with dps meters no healer stops healing and no support stops supporting because of it. you are thick.

I'm not scared of being grouped with morons. I just don't want to be grouped with elists jerks who want to pass their knowledge onto me for whatever reason. I theory craft I work hard on my character to fit my playstyle I don't need morons or jerks telling me I'm playing wrong. And since their are no healers in this game your point there is moot, Summoners have the option to spec Petal blossom and Doom and bloom for party heals but doom and bloom can also be specced a different way and what I am saying is how many would sacrifice DPS if there was a meter and they knew people were going to be testing them. 

Because I can tell you no one will come up to me and say hey thanks for the heals. Some might not even notice they are getting any because they'd be too focused on making sure their DPS is King 

1 minute ago, osembai said:

i apologize

For the record I'm pro Meter... everyone who is concerned with how someone else feels about your damage go grab your stuffed bunny and cuddle up real tight with your nightlight on. As a normal human being you should want to improve. DPS meters are meant for letting you know where u stand, so you can improve... If you don't care, don't install.

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

+1  

10/char

K.

1 minute ago, Raxr said:

For the record I'm pro Meter... everyone who is concerned with how someone else feels about your damage go grab your stuffed bunny and cuddle up real tight with your nightlight on. As a normal human being you should want to improve. DPS meters are meant for letting you know where u stand, so you can improve... If you don't care, don't install.

thank you

Archived