Improve Vote-to-Kick option

Ghrim

Majority of the time when I have been running dungeons theres always 1 or 2 people who zone in then just AFK at the entrance portal. I know you can vote-to-kick people that go offline but there needs to be an option for these freeloaders. They'll AFK and if they see something they like (namely the recipes in brighstone) they'll start bidding on it. They contribute ZERO effort only to be able to get the items they want and this isn't fair and even if they don't win they're leaving with more gold in their pockets.

Just now, Huan said:

I definitely agree. In cross server dungeons there are people who freaking sit at the door just do bid at the last moment and u can't do shit about it

Yep this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. This happens way too often in Cross Server Dungeons

Easy solution... just have a check for two things before they are able to bid :

Are they within X distance of the loot bid AND have they done any damage in the past X amount of time.

If both are negative they can't bid. Period.

1 minute ago, Daemeon said:

Easy solution... just have a check for two things before they are able to bid :

Are they within X distance of the loot bid AND have they done any damage in the past X amount of time.

If both are negative they can't bid. Period.

That could mess someone up who accidently tapped the 4 key when dead. One of those, "I ended up pressing this by accident when the boss was at 10% and I did the most damage, now I don't get a chance for loot?"

Just now, Jaridavin said:

That could mess someone up who accidently tapped the 4 key when dead. One of those, "I ended up pressing this by accident when the boss was at 10% and I did the most damage, now I don't get a chance for loot?"

Better a few people with silly butter fingers lose a few rolls (won't do THAT again I bet) than keep letting leeches screw the party.

I think it would just be much simpler to add the ability to Vote-Kick people who are AFK rather than relying on the game to detect wether or not the player is actually there. You'd need majority of the party to Vote for it to happen. This feature is common in many other MMOs that have a "cross sever dungeon" function.

1 minute ago, Daemeon said:

Better a few people with silly butter fingers lose a few rolls (won't do THAT again I bet) than keep letting leeches screw the party.

Or you could just let us kick people who aren't doing anything. How is it better to just screw someone who accidentally went back to the start instead of just having the power to throw a vote kick like most mmo's.

You also need to be able to vote kick the guy speed rushing ahead and killing people outside the room each time he pulls a boss.

I know it may seem foreign to these people, but some of the party members are actually at-level for this content and may be running it for the first time.

Stop ruining the run for other people just because you want to get your daily out of the way or farm a costume drop.

Just now, Lightyears said:

You also need to be able to vote kick the guy speed rushing ahead and killing people outside the room each time he pulls a boss.

Agreed. I ran into a group once that had a summoner pulling everything with their cat just so they could rush ahead and cause the "wall of fire" to spawn on everyone else. They would just spam GOTEM every. damn. time.

He eventually stopped. He went down on one of the pulls just before the boss room... we just ran ahead and let him get burned by the wall of fire. Karma is fun.

They really need to do something about this. It's been happening a lot more now. People will let just sit at the beginning of the dungeon and contribute zero effort and still have the right to bid for all the drops. That's not fair to all the other players in the party. We really need to be able to vote to kick those kind of people. 

It's not just people standing at the front, there are people leaving during final loot rolls and then mysterious new people showing up during loot on the final boss so they can bid and they haven't contributed anything to the run either. They just show up and bid and either drive up bid prices or take loot.

On 1/27/2016 at 1:33 PM, khynnea said:

It's not just people standing at the front, there are people leaving during final loot rolls and then mysterious new people showing up during loot on the final boss so they can bid and they haven't contributed anything to the run either. They just show up and bid and either drive up bid prices or take loot.

Never had this happen but that sounds pretty dumb as well. Zone in, hey free loot with zero effort thanks.

You know what I would like to see?

Vote of No Loot.

If a player meets several conditions, the party can make a vote of no loot on a player.

1. Player has not done any damage to the boss
  2. Player has not at least reached X point on the map (shortly before the lockout point)
  3. Player has not assisted the party (healing/reviving/protecting/etc.)

Essentially, if the above three are true, then the vote can be started. If the vote succeeds, the player is NOT kicked, but instead is left out of the loot unless they do reasonable damage to the mob that drops it (essentially, if they participate, they can still get loot).

Then a fourth conditional, either or:

• No damage dealt to mobs in entire dungeon in the past 2 minutes - this would be specific to cases where a few people rush ahead. Usually those people leave a few mobs around that those behind have to fight through. If they at least tried to participate, then they can loot. Otherwise, no loot.
  • Vote of no rush/Party option of no rush. If this vote or party option is on, then there is an anti-rush barrier. If the entire party isn't at an area, they cannot continue. If there are no bids in a previous area, this only lasts for 1 minute. If there are bids in a previous area, the 1 minute starts after bids are finished.  If a party member has not entered the area before the 1 minute is up, they are no longer counted as a party member for the purpose of the entire party being in that area for the duration of the dungeon unless they had recently died and resurrected with 3 or 4 and were moving the entire time.
  •  

This. And it's even a problem with groups full of experienced players. The 10 seconds morons save rushing the boss is FAR outweighed by the fact that they need 2-3x the time to kill it compared to having a full team in the room.

On 1/27/2016 at 0:30 AM, Lightyears said:

I know it may seem foreign to these people, but some of the party members are actually at-level for this content and may be running it for the first time.

Stop ruining the run for other people just because you want to get your daily out of the way or farm a costume drop.

Archived