New content arriving feb 10th, questions.

Conor13seconds

Hello, you may have seen the news already : http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/rising-waters-arrives-february-10/

We're getting Mushin 1-7 and brand new purple dungeons.

I have some questions fo veteran players who already know this stuff.

1) In the current state of the game, is mushin tower 1-7 doable, let's say with the true profane weapon ? Or do we need the new soul shields from the new dungeons ?

24 minutes ago, AlmostInfamous said:

And an even bigger question, are we getting warlock with this update?

You don't really think they'd include something as major as a new class in the patch and just not tell us about it, do you?

2 minutes ago, idisdain said:

And no sign of a replacement skill for kfm's and the removal of power drop smh.

???? We don't need a new skill to replace that one.

5 minutes ago, BladeAndComplain said:

so just more burst to kill dungeons with no actual depth or mechanics?

Well....you will need the set buff from the soulshields from POH for the Bloodshade Harbor boss...but apart from that yeah...

5 minutes ago, Teisho said:

You don't really think they'd include something as major as a new class in the patch and just not tell us about it, do you?

Their teaser video for this patch released late last week showed the warlock at the end. And to quote the last line from the announcement page:

" Stay tuned as we’ll have more information on the upcoming Rising Waters content over the next couple weeks."

32 minutes ago, Teisho said:

Well i guess we don't need one. However the combat is the main point of this game is it not? Taking out a skill without replacing it only dampens and hurts the games combat at least for that class no? So am i wrong in thinking they would replace this skill. That way the kfm's have the same number of skills as they do in every other version of this game. It was also a cool skill and changed the camera etc. Not every skill changes the camera, also power drop did just that it dropped a crap ton of damage down on the foe. It was a very punishing skill.

To the people that say no way will they do warlock on this watch the Q&A they say it's closer than we think. Do I think it's going to come out this patch? No. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did either.

As long as they add something to lessen the spam bots i'll be happy myself :)

5 minutes ago, idisdain said:

Well i guess we don't need one. However the combat is the main point of this game is it not? Taking out a skill without replacing it only dampens and hurts the games combat at least for that class no? So am i wrong in thinking they would replace this skill. That way the kfm's have the same number of skills as they do in every other version of this game. It was also a cool skill and changed the camera etc. Not every skill changes the camera, also power drop did just that it dropped a crap ton of damage down on the foe. It was a very punishing skill.

Power Drop was the most useless skill and was a complete waste of time for KFM. You obviously haven't tried 2rf (PVE) or 3rf (PVP) only to see yourself power dropping when you should have used a Kaiten Kick (f). Getting rid of Power Drop was the best thing that has happened to KFM this patch. We don't need a replacement for it. KFM is all about tanking with 2rf spam and stacking Pressure Point/Searing Palm.

8 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

Power Drop was the most useless skill and was a complete waste of time for KFM. You obviously haven't tried 2rf (PVE) or 3rf (PVP) only to see yourself power dropping when you should have used a Kaiten Kick (f). Getting rid of Power Drop was the best thing that has happened to KFM this patch. We don't need a replacement for it. KFM is all about tanking with 2rf spam and stacking Pressure Point/Searing Palm.

Maybe it made them better but is the game more fun? Is spamming that really that much better that you would willing be happy that a move was removed. Sure you may not have used it but early on that was a good leveling tool and was able to kill fast. Sure it may not be good later on but in the level 20 ranges it was amazing. And allowed you to two hit enemies most of the time. You obviously only think about one side of this. Also you did lose a skill, your one skill down from other classes.

And is it really that good that you would sacrifice your versaility and become a one trick pony. Idk man something just doesn't seem right with your post. I rather have more tools at my disposal for more potential outplay etc. I am not a one trick pony, also doesn't sound like you find much enjoyment out of the game spamming like only a few skills. :/ Why do you play the game?

Just imagine blade dancer's having there lighting draw skill or whatever it's called removed. Ya know the one that does a ton of damage. Removing a skill from any class is a stupid move, if you don't replace it. Bad game design and decisions, that's all to be said. Also your blind fanboy-ism hurts me, might want to work on that. If you love a game show it but don't be ignorant when they make mistakes. Your only hurting the game if you do that, do well to remember that. It may make an impact later on down the road in life.

12 minutes ago, idisdain said:

Maybe it made them better but is the game more fun? Is spamming that really that much better that you would willing be happy that a move was removed. Sure you may not have used it but early on that was a good leveling tool and was able to kill fast. Sure it may not be good later on but in the level 20 ranges it was amazing. And allowed you to two hit enemies most of the time. You obviously only think about one side of this. Also you did lose a skill, your one skill down from other classes.

And is it really that good that you would sacrifice your versaility and become a one trick pony. Idk man something just doesn't seem right with your post. I rather have more tools at my disposal for more potential outplay etc. I am not a one trick pony, also doesn't sound like you find much enjoyment out of the game spamming like only a few skills. :/ Why do you play the game?

Just imagine blade dancer's having there lighting draw skill or whatever it's called removed. Ya know the one that does a ton of damage. Removing a skill from any class is a stupid move, if you don't replace it. Bad game design and decisions, that's all to be said. Also your blind fanboy-ism hurts me, might want to work on that. If you love a game show it but don't be ignorant when they make mistakes. Your only hurting the game if you do that, do well to remember that. It may make an impact later on down the road in life.

Have you even played KFM to lvl 45 and at least tried main tanking in Poharan or any of the big four dungeons? Power Drop is absolutely useless. There are tons of skills at your disposal but in PVE it is about putting in the most DPS (2rf), using Fighting Spirit and holding aggro while using Q/E/SS and Block to tank while stacking Pressure Point/Searing Palm all at the same time. We have ton of skills at disposal already. You can't compare Power Drop to Lighting Draw lmao. For a more fair comparison, you would have to compare it with removing Swift Strike (2) from KFM since Lighting Draw is a huge DPS skill.

You don't even need Power Drop anywhere. Want AOE? Spec Stomp (v) into 2-3 where you pull in enemies and Falcon Punch (4) into 3-3 where you can spam it when you dodge or evade skills. Adding Power Drop when it could interfere with Kaiten Kick (f) was a poor design choice. Getting rid of it was a good one.

Funny how you call me a fanboy when you don't know anything about the class itself. I bet you aren't even lvl 45 on KFM otherwise you wouldn't be spewing such nonsense unless you are extremely bad at the said class.

31 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

To the people that say no way will they do warlock on this watch the Q&A they say it's closer than we think. Do I think it's going to come out this patch? No. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did either.

As long as they add something to lessen the spam bots i'll be happy myself :)

Last time I've heard sooner than I think, it was in 2014 November for Overwatch, and I am still waiting ^^

1 hour ago, Teisho said:

Umm, everyone has been stating warlock will go live with the first content patch. So I figured this being the first content patch...yeah, hopefully they forgot to post it in the notes.

7 minutes ago, Hazmy said:

Last time I've heard sooner than I think, it was in 2014 November for Overwatch, and I am still waiting ^^

Hehe that's blizzard for ya >.< so far NCSOFT has been at worst just as good as Blizzard and a few times way better than them so who knows :)

Archived