NA/EU game release is watered down

Virtue

I'll start the topic by saying I have never played the Asian release of the game.

I've read and reviewed forums and wikis regarding the game, and everything seems to be watered down in the NA release.

I was able to reach max level on the 2nd day of head start. My weapon is already maximum upgrade for this current patch, and I'm almost Sentinel Faction rank already.

I gathered nearly all the costumes/outfits & cosmetics.

It seems like the game will be short lived at this pace due to lack of goals.

Upgrading weapons seemed far more painfully excruciating in the Asian release, as it should be. You should be rewarded for hard efforts, whereas the NA release hands you upgrades on a silver platter. I'm disappointed this much, without even having played the original release.

I'm contemplating migrating to Taiwan version with English patch. At least then I'll experience the full game as it was meant to be.

5 minutes ago, Perhilion said:

You do realize you represent less than 1% of the playing community with your progress?

I agree that not many people have progressed as far as I have, but there are quite a few that are even further than I am.

I would say 20% would be a closer estimate.

Lol +1 to Banana. Dude Great job on being awesome sauce. some of us are still figuring everything out. while im max level i botched what professions to get and now i am in the process of getting what i need to upgrade my weapon. 15 g for the stone is insane as i only have 6 g atm. got pretty stoked with hitting gold in 1v1 yet cant do 4 man dungeon yet due to my weapon. i work from home and im shocked by your progression. leaving me to believe youve played this before...or you have to much "love" time on your hands.

There's this thing called real life. I heard it's sort of like video games, in that there is a whole world out there to explore. Maybe you should try playing that OP, it's much harder and takes a lot more time to reach end game.

8 minutes ago, Antihero1337 said:

Lol +1 to Banana. Dude Great job on being awesome sauce. some of us are still figuring everything out. while im max level i botched what professions to get and now i am in the process of getting what i need to upgrade my weapon. 15 g for the stone is insane as i only have 6 g atm. got pretty stoked with hitting gold in 1v1 yet cant do 4 man dungeon yet due to my weapon. i work from home and im shocked by your progression. leaving me to believe youve played this before...or you have to much "love" time on your hands.

I hit the gold rank with 10 win and 3 loss it took me about 25 minutes. That's nothing speacial rly. x)

To the people saying he should get a live or go outside whatever should really take a step back. MMOS have all sorts of players from the casualst of casuals to the most hardcore players who are not doing anything else. So if thats how they choose their time and have fun doing it..Awesome! But for them it is a valid question to ask "whats next?".

I feel like my point was missed completely with the influx of short sightedness...

Let me make things more clear:

I know that my progress has far surpassed many, yet many still far surpassed me. I am not the only one in this situation.

This post was meant to be a comparison, not a thread to show off accomplishments or talk about the generic player base or individual progression.

This post is a comparison of the NA version and the Asian release. The content, and amount of time taken to accomplish said content is vastly shorter & easier in the NA release. 

It's like trying to play the game with NCsoft holding your hand... We're being spoonfed, and I believe many of you will agree in the coming days...

Well first off this is the bare bones first release, it goes to about chapter 3, the eastern versions of the game are on 7, we are capped at 45 and they are higher.

we have the low end easy to acquire equipment right now, and that is all we have.

Plus the korean version is much much more grind focused, grind does not = skill or difficulty, it's just tedium to do a single thing to make you pay more money towards the game devs or make you feel like there is more to be done, 

Im fine with doing a dungeon 10 times maybe 20 , im not ok with having to do it 100 times to get an axe so i can do the dungeon another 20 more times to get a gem. 

Virtue this is just a guess on my part but it could be in order to get the EU/NA playerbase closer to the korean players in the shortest amount of time. Maybe at the time we're on equal ground content related the difficulty will ramp up. Because from what I have heard they want the NA and EU playerbase to compete in the BnS tournaments.

3 minutes ago, Mokiki said:

Virtue this is just a guess on my part but it could be in order to get the EU/NA playerbase closer to the korean players in the shortest amount of time. Maybe at the time we're on equal ground content related the difficulty will ramp up. Because from what I have heard they want the NA and EU playerbase to compete in the BnS tournaments.

I like the thought, thank you for your constructive post. I like the way you think.

"I gathered nearly all the costumes/outfits & cosmetics."

"My weapon is already maximum upgrade..."

But again, we're not talking about individual progression... this is a comparison thread with the game release.

I play every day, I am being helped by guild mates to progress (with moon stones) and played the game before and I'm still not maxed out on my gear. I have a lot of stuff to do still.

Maybe the 8 hours I spend at work you spend playing... You should try to do something else than BnS, it's not healthy to watch the screen non-stop.

theres A LOT of people who barely got over 20 outfits atm and they wanna gather and RNG keeps throwing shit at their face..

so u just got lucky with the outfits doesnt mean its eassier to get them..RNG is RNG

also ppl dont even rush towards the end-weapons aka Siren etc why would u?

Just enjoy the game instead of speed-running through it which is clearly what u did and our versions are always

tuned down compared to the Asian ones,same goes for Aion[except the required exp per lvl]

Archived