Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

1 minute ago, Whynn said:

The reason that is an issue is because no other mmo (not even FF14 during HW or WoW during WoD) had queue times that exceeded what I am seeing right now. I understand I am a non-premium member and thus should take a backseat to premium people, but I also see 1272 premium members in queue for Poharan. So, as a consumer of this game, I am told that either I have to spend money or wait behind 1300+ people to enjoy this game? And even IF I spend money, I still have to wait behind 1300+ people. So why even play this game? I can spend 15 dollars a month on WoW or FF14 and get similar enjoyment if I want to just play an MMO.

This game's life expectancy is dramatically decreased by this queue issue. There was huge hype surrounding this game. I understand there can be server instability issues, but I have never sat in a queue this long before (I am up to 6 hours estimate wait right now).

I want this game to live, because I enjoy it. But I do not enjoy it enough if the only way to ensure I only have to wait 2 hours instead of 5 hours is spending 5 dollars a week.

Better reasoning: it's not 5 seconds, it's a few hours lol

Most ppl have 9-5 jobs, sleep 8 hours (try) and have a total commute time of 1:30 hours. That leaves around 6:30 hours left. Lets say 1:30 for chores. 6 hours left. You wait in queue for 3 hours...well...NCSoft is gonna lose money lol

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lynart said:

Better reasoning: it's not 5 seconds, it's a few hours lol

Most ppl have 9-5 jobs, sleep 8 hours (try) and have a total commute time of 1:30 hours. That leaves around 6:30 hours left. Lets say 1:30 for chores. 6 hours left. You wait in queue for 3 hours...well...NCSoft is gonna lose money lol

I agree. I do not think this game can sustain itself if people who are spending money still have a 1000+ queue. I understand Poharan is probably a bigger server (it must be for these queue times) but you cannot survive if you are telling people to either wait 5+ hours to play your game or just reroll a new character every week there is a server issue when they release 2 new servers.

It's going to end up as dead as ArcheAge or RIFT.

12 minutes ago, Whynn said:

The reason that is an issue is because no other mmo (not even FF14 during HW or WoW during WoD) had queue times that exceeded what I am seeing right now. I understand I am a non-premium member and thus should take a backseat to premium people, but I also see 1272 premium members in queue for Poharan. So, as a consumer of this game, I am told that either I have to spend money or wait behind 1300+ people to enjoy this game? And even IF I spend money, I still have to wait behind 1300+ people. So why even play this game? I can spend 15 dollars a month on WoW or FF14 and get similar enjoyment if I want to just play an MMO.

This game's life expectancy is dramatically decreased by this queue issue. There was huge hype surrounding this game. I understand there can be server instability issues, but I have never sat in a queue this long before (I am up to 6 hours estimate wait right now).

I want this game to live, because I enjoy it. But I do not enjoy it enough if the only way to ensure I only have to wait 2 hours instead of 5 hours is spending 5 dollars a week.

Blade and Soul is not any other game. You can spend $15 on WoW or FF14 to play but those games are not Blade and Soul. They don't give the exact same experience. So if you want to play right now, then yes, you have to wait. The Premium queue number, while high, is ~30 minutes. (Or at least it was for me and I was ~#1200.) The other option is to come back once the hype dies down. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed about having to wait and the server instability/issues too but this is the situation now and the angry posts aren't going to solve anything faster. 

Edit: I just got disconnected. 

1 minute ago, Labbit said:

Blade and Soul is not any other game. You can spend $15 on WoW or FF14 to play but those games are not Blade and Soul. They don't give the exact same experience. So if you want to play right now, then yes, you have to wait. The Premium queue number, while high, is ~30 minutes. (Or at least it was for me and I was ~#1200.) The other option is to come back once the hype dies down. 

How is that post even real, lol. You want me to just wait to level up, letting everyone get a massive head start, just so I don't have to wait 5+ hours to play a game?

Makes sense you are not a game developer, or probably part if any sort of the business sector. NCsoft has to appease the F2P players if they want their game to survive and make money.

There should three number bring displaced

The number of Premium

The number of Non premium

The number of position you currently are.

In addition Premium will always enter faster than non premium. You can say every 10 premium gets in then they allow 1 non premium to enter. Premium will always have priority.

6 minutes ago, Whynn said:

How is that post even real, lol. You want me to just wait to level up, letting everyone get a massive head start, just so I don't have to wait 5+ hours to play a game?

Makes sense you are not a game developer, or probably part if any sort of the business sector. NCsoft has to appease the F2P players if they want their game to survive and make money.

I'm not telling you to wait or pay for Premium. I'm saying those are your options if you want to play. People are always going to be ahead of you at this point anyways since many people hit 45 during Head Start and some people played extensively on other servers. 

I'm not sure why you feel that making inferences about my personal life is necessary - I hope it makes you feel better about queue times? 

Obviously NCSoft has to appease their customers but they can only do so much. 

2 hours ago, N7Pankake said:

So whats the point of being a founder? I am a founder and i find it completly USELESS... why we have to wait for this queues ... I check back and im like the #1200 and had to wait 1780 MINUTES THATS 30 HOURS BRO 30 HOURS!!!!!!!!

Founder does not grant you premium membership. You need to have premium to be on the speedy queue.

12 minutes ago, Labbit said:

Obviously NCSoft has to appease their customers but they can only do so much. 

Then this game will die, plain and simple. The F2P crowd is the majority of their playerbase. Try to queue for all the big servers, you will see 300-500 more people in non-premium queue than premium. That adds up. And then add in the fact most of the new(est) servers are nothing but F2P players since they don't want to wait 5+ hours to play on Poharan/Mushi/etc. and you realize probably a good 60%+ of their playerbase is F2P. If they all leave, what are you left with? People who currently play only because there is an actual wait. But if, again, all those people leave, then the queue times disappear. And suddenly buying Premium isn't so appealing. And then the other 40% slowly stop buying Premium. And then you start losing money on your game to the point it becomes P2W like ArcheAge or RIFT, just to capitalize on what little money there is going into it.

5 minutes ago, Whynn said:

Then this game will die, plain and simple. The F2P crowd is the majority of their playerbase. Try to queue for all the big servers, you will see 300-500 more people in non-premium queue than premium. That adds up. And then add in the fact most of the new(est) servers are nothing but F2P players since they don't want to wait 5+ hours to play on Poharan/Mushi/etc. and you realize probably a good 60%+ of their playerbase is F2P. If they all leave, what are you left with? People who currently play only because there is an actual wait. But if, again, all those people leave, then the queue times disappear. And suddenly buying Premium isn't so appealing. And then the other 40% slowly stop buying Premium. And then you start losing money on your game to the point it becomes P2W like ArcheAge or RIFT, just to capitalize on what little money there is going into it.

Most games inevitably become less populated over time anyways. Not everyone is purchasing Premium for the sole purpose of skipping the queue/having a shorter queue time. 

52 minutes ago, Labbit said:

Most games inevitably become less populated over time anyways. Not everyone is purchasing Premium for the sole purpose of skipping the queue/having a shorter queue time. 

Then this game will die faster than any other, plain and simple. No one is going to play a game where if it gets too populated you end up waiting in a 1000+ person queue. No one.

1 minute ago, Whynn said:

Then this game will die faster than any other, plain and simple. No one is going to play a game where if it gets too populated you end up waiting in a 1000+ person queue. No one.

Or some people might not have an issue coming back after a couple of weeks once the hype dies down. There's a lot of bots too so it's not just people. 

Archived