Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CORVEK said:

I'm in Iksanum and I keep getting in in about 2 minutes. My last queue was at 70 people waiting or so : D

OH thanks man and yeah that is nice might try to switch over or maybe delete and remake or buy another character slot if it takes time to delete a character

Waiting in line to get into a Free MMORPG is ridiculous.. people play on their own 'free-time' and the fact that B&S groups are trying by making more servers doesn't seem to address the issue much since we as players still have to wait on those new servers...even the Premium users..What's the point of head-start for those who were in the Close beta anyway when you are asking them to start over now on the new servers? which they will most likely not (seem to me like a ripoff) There was no such thing as wait time in the CBT so why should we have to deal with this now...Why can't we just have one or two bigger servers that can handle the population? because more and more people will come into the game and you guys will have to make more servers..  or is it that really hard to do compare to many others MMORPG games out there? 

3 minutes ago, HeiKen said:

Waiting in line to get into a Free MMORPG is ridiculous.. people play on their own 'free-time' and the fact that B&S groups are trying by making more servers doesn't seem to address the issue much since we as players still have to wait on those new servers...even the Premium users..What's the point of head-start for those who were in the Close beta anyway when you are asking them to start over now on the new servers? which they will most likely not (seem to me like a ripoff) There was no such thing as wait time in the CBT so why should we have to deal with this now...Why can't we just have one or two bigger servers that can handle the population? because more and more people will come into the game and you guys will have to make more servers..  or is it that really hard to do compare to many others MMORPG games out there? 

Hi HeiKen, all players know how frustrating it is to queue to play a game, but as Blade and Soul just release into NA and EU it is something that most of us should have expected. Both normal and premium users do queue, depending on the server you are it would be longer queues or shorters, but as a premium user I can tell you that I only need to wait 5 seconds and I would be able to play. Close Beta and those other options were for -> players <- to test and help finding bugs in Blade and Soul before they could release it to the community for free and for all. The head start had many benefits, you were able to play the game without interference (few players online = no crowded area = all monster for you = more gold = more exp = no one is killing your quest monster or taking you resourses), and those premium players did also lv up to 30+ before normal player could enter, so you see the advantage? Yeah, that´s the point of head start. If you were a Closed Beta player + Head Start player = Awesome you won´t have trouble reaching the top. But for those who just purchase/or got gifted had the head start they were just like normal players without any single idea what to do. Remember CBT was not exactly open to everyone to player, there was a limited amount of players allow to enter since there was some codes and pack purchase player who could enter, this means it was limited amount of player, not open widely to ALL billion of players around the world. 

Two BIG SERVERS = longer queues, why? Because you are entering in the same room lol.... Just imagine yourself in a supermarket... if there is only 2 rows = longer lines.... 10 rows? Shorter lines = Much faster. You can´t compare one just release MMORPG with those who had already a couple years settle down. Try by yourself? Do you even have to queue in Tera or Aion before this game was release? No, right? Let time pass a bit until everything enter to its normal state and enjoy the game, if you don´t like to wait... JUST PAY THE PRICE! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PLAYER WHO HAD HIS "OWN FREE-TIME" TO PLAY, THERE ARE MILLIONS OUTSITE HAVING THE SAME "FREE-TIME".

Clearly none of you have played a hyped MMO on its opening month, theres queue times because 1million+ people are always trying to get on at once, Just give it time, once people get to max level and decide that the game is boring, or once people quit because the game isnt what they thought it would be then everything will be fine

I will post this on as many threads as i need to until people get it through their heads

It is the trend, example when a new phone comes out, let´s say iPhone... People would make lines one night to ther other just to be one of the first to have it... but onces they got it is all done! No more queues! 

If I´m not wrong... Onces players reaches the gap and had most items they wanted, the servers or the game itself won´t be having this trouble you know?

More servers = less queue

But there is a CON and PRO for this... and one of the CON is that dead servers may come out and they would have to merge servers. This happens in all MMORPG.

3 minutes ago, Cupofcinno said:

I'd like to know what it takes to increase the capacity of a server.

Is it something that is difficult to achieve? Or maybe it would mean the server has to be down for a long period of time which would effectively not make it worth it.

Increasing the capacity of the server will just increase the population, won´t resolve the queue issues, and it may cause lag due to the concentration of players in a area. 

3 minutes ago, Tojiro said:

Clearly none of you have played a hyped MMO on its opening month, theres queue times because 1million+ people are always trying to get on at once, Just give it time, once people get to max level and decide that the game is boring, or once people quit because the game isnt what they thought it would be then everything will be fine

I will post this on as many threads as i need to until people get it through their heads

He is right guys. This a already known process for all MMORPG players when a new game is release. 

Ok so basically if I take an analogy of the servers to be a bottle: Increasing the server capacity simply means the amount of content the bottle can hold. What needs to be done to the infrastructure in order to increase the size of the entrance/cap of the bottle.

Ya know what I mean?

u should increase servers capacity, instead of new servers. ppls will still join their 1st server , even if here are few with no queue. i wonder what s the serv capacity if the queue is 5 k players lol:D i love the game but with this queue i better stay away, and save my free time for better things.

1 minute ago, COCOsoul said:

u should increase servers capacity, instead of new servers. ppls will still join their 1st server , even if here are few with no queue. i wonder what s the serv capacity if the queue is 5 k players lol:D i love the game but with this queue i better stay away, and save my free time for better things.

I'd like to know as well, this seems even worse than other launches. like you could tell they didn't have a good projection and decided to really skimp on the infrastructure.

Long ques will continue to be a problem until NCsoft actively battles bots/gold sellers, and invests in some current gen server hardware.  Really wonder what kind of network and server hardware they are renting out cause it seems to be 5 year old equipment, wake up call NCsoft this isn't 2012 when BnS first released its now 2016 and more ppl became interested in BnS as the years went by since it takes forever for Asian titles to reach the other parts of the world.  Invest in more powerful hardware and a beefier network ffs, spend some money to make money, but then again there will always be fanboy/girls that throw their money at anything cause they are idiots.

NCsoft can you give the details of what kinda hardware are in the servers and how fast their network is, would really like to know, or are you running toasters still?

Archived