In-game mail behind paywall

VoidMalign

I apologize if I didn't understand correctly how this system works. Correct if I'm wrong, the in-game mail service is behind a real life money paywall? Unless you buy ncpoints, you cannot access the mail to send or receive stuff to/from other players? If so, who's 'bright' idea was this?

2 minutes ago, FreyrBlackwood said:

You cannot send mail unless you have charged ncoins atleast once regardless if it was before BnS release or after, but you can still recieve mail just fine.

Good to hear that receiving mail is still available, but what reasoning is behind blocking sending mail unless you invest real life money in the game? 

As to where did I 'hear' this. I tried to send a mail to my friend, and it said that I cannot do so unless I buy the ncpoints first. She tried to send me an item too and was met with the same problem.

4 minutes ago, VoidMalign said:

Good to hear that receiving mail is still available, but what reasoning is behind blocking sending mail unless you invest real life money in the game? 

It can be blocking gold sellers to send someone gold 

The "wall" so to speak is to keep the mass hoard of gold sellers/bots from having an easy avenue with which to peddle their wares. It makes it a lot harder to buy/receive and sell gold if you have to plunk down even more capital first.

1 minute ago, Aroth said:

Welcome to real life.

It's a silly measurement (lazy even). They could've at least made it possible to send mail on maximum level since I doubt goldsellers would level up just for the sake of sending money when they can just trade it on level 15.

i like how everyone defends this as "its to stop gold sellers" .. really?? they could just put a restriction on how much GOLD a character can send based on their level?? not restrict items being sent.. theres a million and 1 ways to prevent gold sellers via mail this one here.. is PURELY to make more $$ for the company.

I don't think it's because gold sellers..They can still trade. I mean, it makes the game sort of unplayable for free users who can't even transfer itens from their own account. This game doesn't even have a shared bank. basically, if you pay you can play the game, if you don't? deal with it or quit the game LOL

Against gold sellers? I don't think this would prevent them from doing so. They can just charge the smallest amount of ncoin one time and get back their money fast with doing busines. Since if i understand you right, receiving a mail is free, so the buyer don't need to charge ncoin to "trade" with the goldsellers.

Archived