NCSOFT Tactics

kingvallard

The only way NCsoft will stop abusing the player base and fix the game is by having the negative reviews rise and player base plummit. They need to be stopped unless this game becomes archeage 2.0

They implemented several *fixes* that were designed to further hinder free players. The locked server choices on day one forced evenly bad queue times on every server, The afk timer only effects people that logged off since this morning and is designed to kick people off that don't pay attention to their queue. Evidence of some bots being fed gold (most bot sites are up to 2,000 gold+ in stock) and left unbanned to further increase queues. Unless they restart the server tonight i'm writing off this game as another hype abuse scam (see archeage).

For those that didn't play archeage on release it went like this: The game was near flawless. Had little bugs and on day 1-3 had a 30 minuteish queue. The game ran fine and had one of the best f2p models ever seen. The raw content and ways the game could be enjoyed brought a LOT of players and hype. It was one (if not THE) most popular f2p game in the US. This went to the dev's head and they started introducing more and more premium bonuses and nerfing f2p players until eventually even nerfing premium players and creating RNG (random number generation (gambling))based endgame cash gear that was so overpowered that archeage became a running joke among MMOs. If you spent the time to get your best in slot gear on arche age you would get 1hkod by a p2w player. Not some subscription player or $50-80 guy, no, you need to dump around $1200 into archeage per toon IF YOU'RE LUCKY. All because the players just accepted it as it got worse.

They're using freemium tactics and letting it influence game design. This is one of the greatest sins a game company can commit.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have missed the memo. Freemium model is the way to go and all new games will end up following this.

The current bonuses to premium players is lower que time. That is the only substantial bonus that effects us. We don't have increased stats that would negatively impact you. 

Get over yourself.  If you don't like this model then you need to go dig out a snes and play it as all game companies follow this model as it has shown to maximize profits with limited loss in players (yes it's a balancing act). 

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

You must have missed the memo. Freemium model is the way to go and all new games will end up following this.

The current bonuses to premium players is lower que time. That is the only substantial bonus that effects us. We don't have increased stats that would negatively impact you. 

Get over yourself.  If you don't like this model then you need to go dig out a snes and play it as all game companies follow this model as it has shown to maximize profits with limited loss in players (yes it's a balancing act). 

The player base is creating a monster (NCsoft) letting them get away with this level of scam is going to create one hell of a p2w game in the near future, again see archeage.

Your not forced to play, if your unhappy with NCSoft as a company move along. In my opinion I waited 6 hours to get in the game during early access I expected it so wasn't phased by it. Purchased premium then the queue issue goes away you get so much with premium in terms of benefits not just a queue jump

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Every single gaming company dosent follow this model. Also idgaf about profits i wanna play the damn game. Dont say jus buy prem cause its f2p . Last time i checked f2p means free to play and queing is not playing. However new servers will hopefully help

15 minutes ago, kingvallard said:

The only way NCsoft will stop abusing the player base and fix the game is by having the negative reviews rise and player base plummit. They need to be stopped unless this game becomes archeage 2.0

They implemented several *fixes* that were designed to further hinder free players. The locked server choices on day one forced evenly bad queue times on every server, The afk timer only effects people that logged off since this morning and is designed to kick people off that don't pay attention to their queue. Evidence of some bots being fed gold (most bot sites are up to 2,000 gold+ in stock) and left unbanned to further increase queues. Unless they restart the server tonight i'm writing off this game as another hype abuse scam (see archeage).

For those that didn't play archeage on release it went like this: The game was near flawless. Had little bugs and on day 1-3 had a 30 minuteish queue. The game ran fine and had one of the best f2p models ever seen. The raw content and ways the game could be enjoyed brought a LOT of players and hype. It was one (if not THE) most popular f2p game in the US. This went to the dev's head and they started introducing more and more premium bonuses and nerfing f2p players until eventually even nerfing premium players and creating RNG (random number generation (gambling))based endgame cash gear that was so overpowered that archeage became a running joke among MMOs. If you spent the time to get your best in slot gear on arche age you would get 1hkod by a p2w player. Not some subscription player or $50-80 guy, no, you need to dump around $1200 into archeage per toon IF YOU'RE LUCKY. All because the players just accepted it as it got worse.

They're using freemium tactics and letting it influence game design. This is one of the greatest sins a game company can commit.

What on earth are you talking about?? It is a free to play game.  It just came out, so if you didn't buy the Premium and Foundes Pack your gonna have the long queue until they have the additional servers (and they said additional servers coming), in addition the game is fantastic.  I have never seen so many negative posts and whining and carrying on.  There is no scam here.

Its to be expected. The days of up to 24 hour access to all content for $X per month are gone. Games are a business first now, they aren't made for the love of them.

I'm going to use B&S to test just how far I can go being totally F2P. I don't care if things take me a little more time as long as I'm having fun. I don't even mean to come across as not wanting to give them money for their work or put down cash cows/whales, it's just where I'm at right now so I might as well try it and see. I have nothing to lose right? :)

I guess I'll wait for a new server. I just hope they'll have plenty of people to play with, don't want no dead servers in a month or two.

5 minutes ago, Zarec said:

You do realize every game isnt an mmo right

2 minutes ago, 846705_1452550168 said:

Your not forced to play, if your unhappy with NCSoft as a company move along. In my opinion I waited 6 hours to get in the game during early access I expected it so wasn't phased by it. Purchased premium then the queue issue goes away you get so much with premium in terms of benefits not just a queue jump

The age old argument loser of "don't play if you don't want to". Not everyone can just pop out 5.99 on a whim. Not that I would anyway. Honestly I'd be a premium member by now if not for the tactics I'm seeing. They even announced they won't restart the servers until the next update in around 2 days. The issue is the blind idiots paying for what was the most anticipated mmorpg of 2016 to be ruined.

3 minutes ago, EbonWolf said:

They really are just making the best out of a shitty situation. Is it scummy? Hell yeah but business is business. 

They aren't if they were they would have restarted the servers by now and adressed the bots. They're just inflating premium queues and the sad thing is it's working. From 14 to 390 premium queue on my server. This game will be pay to win within the month at this rate like so many before it. the "top mmorpg of 2016" will become the worst way too quickly

3 minutes ago, kingvallard said:

The age old argument loser of "don't play if you don't want to". Not everyone can just pop out 5.99 on a whim. Not that I would anyway. Honestly I'd be a premium member by now if not for the tactics I'm seeing. They even announced they won't restart the servers until the next update in around 2 days. The issue is the blind idiots paying for what was the most anticipated mmorpg of 2016 to be ruined.

I understand you loud and clear.  Lack of servers, high queue times and a monetary way of getting right in. 

Just now, kingvallard said:

They aren't if they were they would have restarted the servers by now and adressed the bots. They're just inflating premium queues and the sad thing is it's working. From 14 to 390 premium queue on my server. This game will be pay to win within the month at this rate like so many before it. the "top mmorpg of 2016" will become the worst way too quickly

When I say making the best out of the situation, I mean shoveling premium for faster queue times. Which is scummy. 

1 minute ago, kingvallard said:

Buddy you haven't the slightest clue what pay to win means

Just now, Alinea said:

lol some people here dont like criticism against the model for some reason and they even defend it! bravo, let them squeeze out your wallets instead of giving the money in a way that they would deserve it.

They already spent their money on it, they have to make excuses for it in their head to make them feel better about being scammed. It's not like they can get their money back they're forced to either accept it's shitty and play it or accept the loss of maybe hundreds of dollars. The F2P players see it as it is, because they have no risk or investment in the game to cloud their judgement.

Just because is f2p it doesn't mean the entire project is f2p....there is tons of people behind the scene,servers,bandwich,hell even the toilet cleaner....they are not free to work.They are employees and they need to feed ther famillies and themself.Plebs should be glad that actually ncsoft is putting an effort for you.New servers inc(imma vote for 4 srvs per region).

Just because game is f2p it doesn't mean it's forbidden to pay.Plus one coffe here is between £1.90 to £2.40.I can somehow deal with 1-2 less per week.Or a pint per week...

Wait...so we get a single post, theoretically constructed by a single human being in possession of at least some of their faculties, and it includes both NCSoft giving gold to bots themselves, AND the assertion that Archeage, at any point along the space/time continuum, was a near flawless game?

Congratulations are in order, sir or madam, you have hereby lost the Internet. I award you no points, and may your effigies have mercy on your soul. 

Archived