NCSOFT Tactics

kingvallard

7 hours ago, Ellz said:

The games extremely popular so I am glad they have premium lanes for those that are willing to pay to avoid being slogged down by those that will no life it for free. 

Since this games 18+ I'll assume you have a job or income of some kind. 

The free to play part is just for those that want to try it out and not really commit to anything financially. 
If you expected to get on the premium packed servers as a f2p player then I'm sorry but they do have their capacities. And hell they are so jam packed that they even have ques for the premium members. 

Those that are dedicated to the game and to supporting NCsoft have laid down the financial foundations and have been rewarded for it. 
No one is forcing you to play the game, or support it's ethics, values, business models. If you don't support them there are other options such as private servers or just find another game. 

Or just earn some money to get premium. 

It's not a scam if it means I get a stable server with short que times at the launch of an MMO i have been waiting 5 years for. 

Shilling at its finest people. Lol

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

The game is f2p so i expect to be able to have the same power level of those who spends money by investing my time (grinding basically). If i can't do that then it's p2w and it's better to let it off die (i for sure won't support a p2w game if only by populating the servers).

If they wanted everyone to pay they should've made it b2p in the first place.

I dont even know what planet you people are from with your expectations. I played PWI, where your basic endgame gear costs bout 800 bucks, thats w/o shards, refines and other fun stuff you can do to boost its power. Price tag for endgame toon is 10k+ USD. Sure, you can farm/merchant everything but it takes time and effort, obviously.

Here on BnS we have a game, where premium literally only gives you wardrobe, some xp and more coins as a combat drop? Then there is the queue, which is main reason lot of people have bought it. Still its far closer to p2p than p2w concept. 

The popularity of the game has been massive and took the company by surprise. They reacted with several different fixes trying to solve the login queue issue in few days from the launch. That is something I am not used to, its pretty damn good sign.

Ps. Get a chillpill ppl.

11 minutes ago, WnbSami said:

I dont even know what planet you people are from with your expectations. I played PWI, where your basic endgame gear costs bout 800 bucks, thats w/o shards, refines and other fun stuff you can do to boost its power. Price tag for endgame toon is 10k+ USD. Sure, you can farm/merchant everything but it takes time and effort, obviously.

Here on BnS we have a game, where premium literally only gives you wardrobe, some xp and more coins as a combat drop? Then there is the queue, which is main reason lot of people have bought it. Still its far closer to p2p than p2w concept. 

The popularity of the game has been massive and took the company by surprise. They reacted with several different fixes trying to solve the login queue issue in few days from the launch. That is something I am not used to, its pretty damn good sign.

Ps. Get a chillpill ppl.

The expectations are exactly the ones you quoted, i expect that people can obtain the same power level by either paying or grinding. Right now it's perfectly fine, they can charge for cosmetics how much they want. I just hope this game doesn't follow into archage and other p2w bs road...

10 hours ago, EbonWolf said:

Shilling at its finest people. Lol

Ofc I would promote something I enjoy and approve of. 

Have you never recommended or discourage anything to people based on your own biased experience?

I've had nothing but good experiences with NCSoft, they've always been extremely helpful in Support and they've always provided good games. 
Apart from wildstar. That was a shocker and a travesty. 

On 21/01/2016 at 1:10 AM, kingvallard said:

The only way NCsoft will stop abusing the player base and fix the game is by having the negative reviews rise and player base plummit. They need to be stopped unless this game becomes archeage 2.0

They implemented several *fixes* that were designed to further hinder free players. The locked server choices on day one forced evenly bad queue times on every server, The afk timer only effects people that logged off since this morning and is designed to kick people off that don't pay attention to their queue. Evidence of some bots being fed gold (most bot sites are up to 2,000 gold+ in stock) and left unbanned to further increase queues. Unless they restart the server tonight i'm writing off this game as another hype abuse scam (see archeage).

For those that didn't play archeage on release it went like this: The game was near flawless. Had little bugs and on day 1-3 had a 30 minuteish queue. The game ran fine and had one of the best f2p models ever seen. The raw content and ways the game could be enjoyed brought a LOT of players and hype. It was one (if not THE) most popular f2p game in the US. This went to the dev's head and they started introducing more and more premium bonuses and nerfing f2p players until eventually even nerfing premium players and creating RNG (random number generation (gambling))based endgame cash gear that was so overpowered that archeage became a running joke among MMOs. If you spent the time to get your best in slot gear on arche age you would get 1hkod by a p2w player. Not some subscription player or $50-80 guy, no, you need to dump around $1200 into archeage per toon IF YOU'RE LUCKY. All because the players just accepted it as it got worse.

They're using freemium tactics and letting it influence game design. This is one of the greatest sins a game company can commit.

You're talking a lot of BS here buddy.

You don't even know what Freemium means.

Freemium = giving the players the choice of carrying on playing for free, or paying a fee for getting Premium (Subscription) to gain additional benefits.

Freemium is a hybrid between P2P and F2P. It is what most mmorpgs are starting to use these days, as F2P gives the developers way too much spiked income rather than a steady income.

The vocal minority crying on forums everywhere that they can't afford a monthly sub are plebs that needs to stop playing period.

If you don't have a job, quit playing. If you're below the age of 18, you have absolutely no right whatsoever to complain since this game is rated M for mature.

F2P being 100% free is a myth. There's nothing truly free with F2P mmorpgs. In fact, most of them are way more expensive than a Freemium/pure P2P mmorpg.

$14 a month for a sub? Or $15-$20 or more a week to stay progressive? I'd take $14 per month + sub benefits any day!

Oh and this game is not P2W.

P2W = items available in the cash shop giving players stats and an advantage over free players who can't spend money in the cash shop in terms of PVP (Player versus Player).

P2W does not fall in under PVE related content etc.

true true, a "free2play" game that basically is free to watch the queue, and free to click Quick, if you want to play or advanced you need to pay these idiots hard earned cash, at least make an effort but no, due to hype the sun went right back into ncsoft ass and they are milking new customers and making potential customers go away.

3 minutes ago, Colander said:

true true, a "free2play" game that basically is free to watch the queue, and free to click Quick, if you want to play or advanced you need to pay these idiots hard earned cash, at least make an effort but no, due to hype the sun went right back into ncsoft ass and they are milking new customers and making potential customers go away.

Customers = People who want to support the developers, buying a subscription with the Freemium business model. The bonus is that you get queue priority over free players.

During peak hours, there is still a Premium queue.

Whiners = Jealous kids (or adults with the mental capacity of a child, or unemployed) who can't stand the thought of other players being able to afford a monthly subscription, and usually wants everything handed to them on a silver platter, for free, of course.

If you don't want to support the developers or publisher, though, there are an unknown number of generic Free-to-pay-a-ton-of-money-every-week mmorpgs out there that have barely any content and horrid game mechanics even hafter being live for a couple years. But hey! At least THEY don't have any subscriptions!

41 minutes ago, Colander said:

Free to play players are not customers. 

The free to play part is a charity which I fully support. But don't expect a full course meal. 

I have no issues with f2p players btw, i just dislike how spoilt people are whilst I and many others have put time, money and effort into this game. 

Most guys here don't understand that servers that you are playing on cost money, and by money I mean A LOT OF MONEY. Just check the pricing at OVHdotCOM, and then imagine how many servers they actually to run this game for all players. Then, you think that developers made this game for free ? Coded it in a day ? Would you like to develop a game that takes years and years of hard work, host it on expensive servers that cost thousands and thousands of dollars, and then give it away completely for free ?

Yeah, of course there are problems, but problems occur with every game launch. I'm sure they are doing their best to address them. If you think they don't, then ask yourself....if you were the boss, would you do your best to keep your players (and maybe in future potential customers) satisfied, or would you give up on all these years of development and testing...lose 90% of your players and high rating in a blink of an eye ?

Just think about how much you expect and yet you don't want to give anything in return.

On 1/21/2016 at 4:21 PM, Zarec said:

wow

You must have missed the memo. Freemium model is the way to go and all new games will end up following this.

The current bonuses to premium players is lower que time. That is the only substantial bonus that effects us. We don't have increased stats that would negatively impact you. 

Get over yourself.  If you don't like this model then you need to go dig out a snes and play it as all game companies follow this model as it has shown to maximize profits with limited loss in players (yes it's a balancing act). 

people who preach "except it, its the way things are now" are just like every other tool who thinks there doing the world a favor by telling the other guy to follow the rest of the herd or get out. They only add to the overall problem that plagues the gaming world with DLC/micro-transaction abuse. The second that people stop complaining, stop voicing there opinions the more publishers and game makers find it ok to give players half-baked games with content locked behind pay-walls.

And that's what these companies want, they want people to stop the micro-payment discussion because there is no news like controversy and controversy is bad for PR. I'm not saying NC-soft does this directly and im not targeting them in this reply things might change for the game later, but as the current gaming industry goes it gets to the point of how much integrity your willing to sacrifice for the sake of profit. And these days from what I've seen EA, Konami, and the Payday 2 team do (and of course arch-age), its in my opinion integrity means very little anymore and that is why you find more and more big name game developers on kickstarter.

After spending cash on multiple other f2p titles over the years, I'm holding off on buying into this one until I see how things play out, considering Black Desert is right around the corner.  B2p cuts down on a lot of the issues we are seeing here.  An important thing to remember is that non-paying f2p gamers are just as important to the success of a game as the paying customers.  Without enough warm bodies in a game, the paying customers start leaving in droves, as we've seen countless times.

5 minutes ago, kline89 said:

people who preach "except it, its the way things are now" are just like every other tool who thinks there doing the world a favor by telling the other guy to follow the rest of the herd or get out. They only add to the overall problem that plagues the gaming world with freemium/micro-transaction abuse. The second that people stop complain, stop voicing there opinions the more publishers and game makers find it ok to give players half-baked games with content locked behind pay-walls.

And that's what these companies want, they want people to stop the micro-payment discussion because there is no news like controversy and controversy is bad for PR. I'm not saying NC-soft does this directly and im not targeting them in this reply things might change for the game later, but as the current gaming industry goes it gets to the point of how much integrity your willing to sacrifice for the sake of profit. And these days from what I've seen EA, Konami, and the Payday 2 team do (and of course arch-age), its in my opinion integrity means very little anymore and that is why you find more and more big name game developers on kickstarter.

Holy.... You are seriously clueless...

The Freemium model offers players a CHOICE!

The reason there's massive queues right now is because they didn't have enough servers set up because they didn't anticipate the amount of people wanting to play the game on release.

Should they have tried to anticipate it? Sure, but as with any game, you can't predict how many will actually try to play the game until release.

Look at how many servers Blizzard had to add for World of Warcraft when that game launched. They could barely keep up, and the queues back then were much worse than what's happening with BnS right now.

It took them 2 months or more to get the necessary number of servers set up, to minimize queue-times.

BnS has been officially released in the west now for what, 3 days?

What abuse are you even talking about? Is it abuse when the developers offers players a choice to pay a subscription or play for free but without added bonuses? Is it abuse when the developers want to get paid for the years of hard work they've put into their product?

What you're preaching is nothing but fanatic BS. It's the typical crap that the vocal minority spew out over all these mmorpg forums when they can't have what they want without putting an effort in or without supporting the game and developers.

Kids these days are way too used to getting everything for free...

I don't know how old you are, but if you're an adult, get a job like the rest of us, or if you're below 18, quit playing games and focus on school and homework.

I've got a job and i'm more than happy to pay $14 a month to play something i enjoy playing. When i was unemployed, i even paid for a sub fee for World of Warcraft. did i complain? Hell no.

You're talking about integrity? Where the fudgin' hell is your integrity, coming on here, complaining about the devs using freemium as a form of "abuse"?

Do you even know how much it cost to keep all these servers up and running? Do you even know how much it cost to keep staff working on them?

People that proclaim that F2P is the only way makes me sick... Freemium has PROVEN to be more successful than a pure F2P business model for years now.

You say that everything is hidden behind paywalls. What paywalls are you even talking about? The queues? No... Read further up in this post...

@Ord

holy white knight Batman!!! Ord chill out on the caffeine, I think you briefly gazed over my reply and started to puke words into the internet with your keyboard. A lot of stuff you mention is irrelevant or unrelated to what I posted. from what I gathered you seem to be arguing points about naming conventions and coming to the defense of the game which I was not really talking about I even went as far to say I'm not targeting NC-soft in my reply,  but I'll bite and assume somewhere in that mess of a reply  there is in some way, shape or form an actual formulated opinion and not regurgitated, double-spaced words of "why things are this way get over it because reasons".

I was simply stating (in my opinion which your free to disagree with) that as the gaming industry as a whole yes I can agree with OP that companies will and have used tactics in order to generate more money even if those tactics can seem underhanded. And that I disagree with the second post of this thread (which I quoted and replied to) and found it dismissive and defeating, that it sends a bad message that people are to quick to except things and that its not ok to question them.

and if you managed read this far into my post Ord, congrats I'll reward you with the argument you think you've been looking for.

so Ord what if I told you I think they purposely orchestrated long que time in order sell more premium? doesn't seem like it would be out of there capabilities, I have no proof except for Reasons.

3 minutes ago, Villerix said:

Game was supposed to be f2p with microtransactions.

It isn't. It is p2p,

Im going to play LOL, cause i can't play B&S.

Cya

Greetings from player u lost.

P.S. Even Blizzard is better.

This kid couldn't even wait one week for things to settle down.

Ye, i am but a troll kid.

NCSOFT: Hey, we got w f2p game for you!!! Check it! 

TROLLKID: Oh, ok i will join, when it start?

NCSOFT: 19... but Headstart is 15.

TROLLKID: Uh, that means its not f2p at all, but ok, nevermind - i will w8 this 5 days to play ur game

NCSOFT: We will wait for u dear player :)

5 days later

TROLLKID: Uh, NCSOFT whats goin on, i can't login

NCSOFT: No problem, just get premium, so we will prioritize u in queue over f2p players

TROLLKID: #$%^&

RANDOMUSER: U can't even wait one week for things to settle down.

12 minutes ago, Villerix said:

Game was supposed to be f2p with microtransactions.

It isn't. It is p2p,

Im going to play LOL, cause i can't play B&S.

Cya

Greetings from player u lost.

P.S. Even Blizzard is better.

One more fanboy thats want to play for other people money. 

God d... create ur own game and play u lols. NCSoft has about 30 000 employees in the world. Who will pay them salary u clowns? This is so nonsense that i want to take one of this clowns and punch them in the face. 

I mean look, yesterday my friend asked about the game. He and me registered free accounts and played without any queue. I registered 3 accounts just for fun. No quene.

But everyone is crying about queue. Just get lost from overpopulated servers u crybabies. 

14 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

One more fanboy thats want to play for other people money. 

God d... create ur own game and play u lols. NCSoft has about 30 000 employees in the world. Who will pay them salary u clowns? This is so nonsense that i want to take one of this clowns and punch them in the face. 

I mean look, yesterday my friend asked about the game. He and me registered free accounts and played without any queue. I registered 3 accounts just for fun. No quene.

But everyone is crying about queue. Just get lost from overpopulated servers u crybabies. 

First F2P member with a brain.

1 hour ago, kline89 said:

@Ord

holy white knight Batman!!! Ord chill out on the caffeine, I think you briefly gazed over my reply and started to puke words into the internet with your keyboard. A lot of stuff you mention is irrelevant or unrelated to what I posted. from what I gathered you seem to be arguing points about naming conventions and coming to the defense of the game which I was not really talking about I even went as far to say I'm not targeting NC-soft in my reply,  but I'll bite and assume somewhere in that mess of a reply  there is in some way, shape or form an actual formulated opinion and not regurgitated, double-spaced words of "why things are this way get over it because reasons".

I was simply stating (in my opinion which your free to disagree with) that as the gaming industry as a whole yes I can agree with OP that companies will and have used tactics in order to generate more money even if those tactics can seem underhanded. And that I disagree with the second post of this thread (which I quoted and replied to) and found it dismissive and defeating, that it sends a bad message that people are to quick to except things and that its not ok to question them.

and if you managed read this far into my post Ord, congrats I'll reward you with the argument you think you've been looking for.

so Ord what if I told you I think they purposely orchestrated long que time in order sell more premium? doesn't seem like it would be out of there capabilities, I have no proof except for Reasons.

I read all of your previous post. You're claiming that you were stating? Your post was nothing but false statements. Your opinion? I couldn't care less about the opinions of someone who's only interested in having everything handed to them on a silver platter, expecting everyone else to agree with them.

Companies need to make money, or they go bankrupt. The gaming industry is no different. These are companies that make a product and they need to make money off of it.

Nothing in life is free.

No, the game is not flawless, no game is. I, myself, find a lot of things a bit off, but they're bound to get better/change for the better in the long run.

You keep on living in that tiny pink bubble of conspiracy theories of yours. I'll keep playing BnS and enjoy my Premium Subscription and continue to support the people who developed the game, and those who operate it.

Archived