How to exit first-person mode

Kounat

By "First person mode", do you mean mouselook, or are you really zoomed in all the way?

If the later, then I can only recommend try zooming out with the mouse wheel (or whatever you've remapped that too).  I'm not aware of any toggle for that.  If the former, then there's a toggle to switch to "Classic" mode, but I don't really can see how people can actually play this game in that mode.

Just now, GnatB said:

By "First person mode", do you mean mouselook, or are you really zoomed in all the way?

If the later, then I can only recommend try zooming out with the mouse wheel (or whatever you've remapped that too).  I'm not aware of any toggle for that.  If the former, then there's a toggle to switch to "Classic" mode, but I don't really can see how people can actually play this game in that mode.

There's a glitch in the game where if you accidentally zoom in too close to your character it just eats your character and your literally in first person mode and it won't let you zoom out. You have to restart your client or try entering instances to get rid of it.

30 minutes ago, Chimes said:

There's a glitch in the game where if you accidentally zoom in too close to your character it just eats your character and your literally in first person mode and it won't let you zoom out. You have to restart your client or try entering instances to get rid of it.

Interesting.  Just about every MMO I've tried it in since EQ1 lets you zoom into (and out of) "first person mode" via the mousewheel (or whatever the zoom functionality is).  (where yes, the player model disappears, though in some you still see your hands/weapons in front of you like most FP modes in games).  I seem to remember trying it in BnS, and it worked just about as expected, except that there was an "interim" zoom mode where you get close but not too close and it switches to a "vanity mode" that lets you circle around your character.  I'll have to try it again when next I play.

I got the same problem a couple of times. Interesting perspective. Have to try it while flying around in Dragonscale. Anyways, I fixed it by holding down on my mouse wheel (like how you would if you were moving the camera without changing where your character is looking) and zoomed out with it at the same time. Loading screens and changing your settings doesn't do anything.

You CAN fix this without logging out. 

I have done this. I'm posting from my phone so I cannot take a screenshot to tell you the exact option but:

Press escape, settings, go to the camera options. On the page with the settings like camera position etc...
Near the bottom there is a list with like 4 checkboxes.
I think it's the second one down, uncheck it and apply. 

Your camera should now return to normal.

Then just turn it back on and apply again.

Enjoy not being stuck in first person without having to restart client.

I will take a screenshot of the option in question as soon as I can log in to the client to check.

EDIT : I logged in to check, I believe it's the "Keep character in camera focus" one you need to un-tick and then re-enable.

On 2/5/2016 at 0:46 PM, Kaida said:

I have done this. I'm posting from my phone so I cannot take a screenshot to tell you the exact option but:

Press escape, settings, go to the camera options. On the page with the settings like camera position etc...

I will take a screenshot of the option in question as soon as I can log in to the client to check.

EDIT : I logged in to check, I believe it's the "Keep character in camera focus" one you need to un-tick and then re-enable.

oh my god, thank you! it KEEPS happening to me and its extremely frustrating. but your method works!!! 
<3

On 2/5/2016 at 0:46 PM, Kaida said:

YASSSSS! This worked. Here's the screenshot.

vr4ml0.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived