Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2016 at 4:35 PM, Rukkirii said:

We are currently investigating an issue where certain services are causing issues with the Blade & Soul Client.  We are working hard on a fix to address these issues, in the meantime we recommend disabling these services via the below steps:

If you are having issues with the Blade & Soul client crashing to desktop, try disabling the Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service.

Steps to turn off Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service:

1. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and open the Task Manager

2. Select "Services"

3. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and select it

4. Select the "Services" button on lower right

5. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, select "Actions" then "Stop"

6. Select "Actions" again and choose "Properties"

7. Open the "Startup type" drop box, and select "Disabled", then “Apply” and “OK”

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

i did all this and it worked until the last update last night!!!!!!!!!!!

so now im stuck in the same bug that happen the other day.

Just now, Chasier said:

i think we wont play this game again we waiting like 5 months or even 1 year and they cant even fix some problems this is epic @@ waiting 2 whole days and still cant fix it gj                     game team

well they tweeted they are trying to fix it today we just have to keep sending them tickets and wait 

Paid £100 for master pk, played all through CB without a problem, now since last update yesterday just cannot get in crash every time with all different errors.

Error 4049 which is that  stupid gameguard, if its not that it,s nc launcher telling me about client with no hint as to what the the problem is.

I have tried everything listed here even to uninstall reinstall.

Reinstall was another joke, as I noticed gone was the red download, only to be replaced with a lovely frame saying download, so you messed that up as well, because when I reinstalled it the game could not find the shortcut ????????.

I had to download the NC launcher from somewhere else.

My dad has this game he runs razer with loads of other stuff, and has never  had a problem, and his machine is an antique, so dont tell us it is Razer.

He has tried to help, as my machine is only a year old.

Turned off, virus, razer, firewall, etc, etc, still cannot get in game, and still the same errors.

I dont know what you have done to this game, but IMO you have just ruined it through bad programming.

Was watching my dad play last night, and even he was saying the game has had it.

He changed channel three times because of four destroyer bots waiting for boss, to chat is a complete impossibility that too is ruined, wardrobe was not working, friends not working, "please try again later", gold spammers..need I say more.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS GAME ????.

Put Beta back, at least that worked, or get some programmers who know what they are doing.

Game is broke until you do.

I paid 200 Euro on Blade & Soul already and can't even play.
And it's not Razer. I have uninstalled it and start the game, but i can't even launch it.

And when i have razer installed fully. I can play for 15 - 30 minutes and than the game crash.

Yes I own an ASUS, but my only problem is the constant FPS drop. I'll be standing around town getting 30 FPS and then decide to move, and all of a sudden my game drops down to 2 FPS for about 3 minutes. This only started after the maintenance, before it was fine. 

Also I've tried doing what was suggested, locating ASUSGamerFirst and the other names he put, none of them existed so there's that too.

Update:

Ok this is strange my son has a Razer Tartarus, and uses Razer Synapse, whereas I use a Razer Nostromo, and use Synapse I have not had the problem he has.

I did what they said to try, and mend his game, and do apologise if this has already been placed here.

Quote from NCSoft :

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
  • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
  • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
  • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

You should now be able to fully log into the game client

I would also say once you have done this reboot your PC, as you might get the 4049 error.

Did also try before all this to delete the gamguard, and do a file repair to get a new one, but that did not work for him.

This seems to have done the trick, "Fingers Crnossed" I'll post again if it goes wrong again.

I do hope this will help someone just incase they have not come across it.

I should also mention the errors he was getting,..... 4049 which is gamguard, and the BnS client error box.

I found a way that works perfectly for me. 

I started BnS  while the Razer Chroma SK Service was running and stopped it after I logged in with my Character.   I've been able for about 8 hours without any crashes and then my internet rebooted.   Try it, it worked for me!!!!  

17 minutes ago, IchiroKun said:

I found a way that works perfectly for me. 

I started BnS  while the Razer Chroma SK Service was running and stopped it after I logged in with my Character.   I've been able for about 8 hours without any crashes and then my internet rebooted.   Try it, it worked for me!!!!  

Perfetc! Thanks man

It solves the starting problem and afterwards the crashing problem.   You had crashes if you had the Razer Chroma SK Service running.   However since the last update, you had the problem that the game didn't even start when the service was stopped.    So all you have to do is start the game while the service is running and stop the service as soon as you are ingame.    Sorry for making it kinda complicadet.   Don't know how to explain it in an easier way :/  

23 hours ago, Sh0tcalla` said:

its not the RAZR, they are all fooled. I uninstall all razr software and used a backup old school non RAZR mouse (some crappy logitech), and i still can't logon game at 10:35am pst.  The razr excuse is an excuse, thats all it is.  Because I can't get in game even with non RAZR products.

Incorrect.  I stated earlier in this thread that I have a Razer Tartarus and a Razer Orbweaver. The moment I plugged in my Orbweaver and attempted to play the game. It will load and I can play but then it crashes 30 minutes later. Once I plugged in my Tartarus the game did not crash. So yes it is Razer its just specific products. Some of the mice do not cause issues but if you are running a new keyboard with Win 10 it triggers the crash.

Archived