Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

2 hours ago, Aymohnat said:

I found a workaround for now, works for me anyway...

1) Turn on the razer Chroma SDK service.  Otherwise i can't even get past the BnS logo without crashing.

To turn this service back on, i had to go to Synapse, press one of my Chroma products -> chroma apps and make sure everything is set to ON.

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y". 

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Restart PC.

5)Now, the problem is, u can get in game with the Chroma services running. But is still crashes your game in like 10-20 mins.

So when i'm in game, i go immediatly go back to task manager and just put of the Chroma SDK service. Just leave Synapse running, it doesn't affect your game. 

So now im in game, and it doesn't crash!

The only downside for now; every time when I want to restart BnS, i need to restart my entire PC to get the chroma service pop back up in task manager to actually log in.

But hey, at least i can play. For now. 

Hope this works for someone else as well :)

this shit worked for me tho and i thnk you for that. But still.. this is one of the most retardest thing ive ever done for a video game

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have logitech G-19 keyboard and i use Razer Death Adder,Razer Chroma headphones and my game keep freezing when doing long story quest. The game work fine for me in head start and closed beta i don't know why i keep freezing in the game. I tried to delete bin and gameguard from scratch and i still freeze in the game. I never had to close any razer program in head start or closed beta. I am so mad i can't just level up in one day without freezing and have to stop it in task manager like 7 times or more.

1 minute ago, Mi0n said:

I have logitech G-19 keyboard and i use Razer Death Adder,Razer Chroma headphones and my game keep freezing when doing long story quest. The game work fine for me in head start and closed beta i don't know why i keep freezing in the game. I tried to delete bin and gameguard from scratch and i still freeze in the game. I never had to close any razer program in head start or closed beta. I am so mad i can't just level up in one day without freezing and have to stop it in task manager like 7 times or more.

Turn off the chroma option in game and in razer synapse and it should stop crashing 

I Turned off the Razer Chroma apps in Razer Synapse and close the razer chroma app manager in task manager and i still freeze in the dungeon after killing 5 to 7 mobs. Sigh no fix at all and realize now i can't even use razer gamer booster to boost the game anymore. I wish they can work with razer programs and not having to disable razer game booster just to able to start blade and soul.

It's NOT RAZER guys.  Tech support is grasping at straws at this point.  I had Razer mouse/keyboard, crashed.  Uninstalled Razer mouse/keyboard, could not even log into the game. I removed Razer mouse / keyboard, uninstalled completely from my computer, bought Logitech mouse/keyboard - was able to log in for 10 minutes twice, then cannot get past the two snakes of gold while game is loading.  Uninstalled Norton, cannot get into game.  I did EVERYTHING i have read in the forums from the player base NOTHING. It's the game, it is flawed and they cannot figure it out at this point.  I am not criticizing just stating a fact. Personally, I think its Game-guard Hack shield thing, this happened in Aion too as far as I remember and they  had to remove it.  It's a real shame though... I could have bought myself a very nice pair of shoes with the money spent on Premier Pack and NC coin.  LOL.   I will just have to continue to wait.   Perhaps next patch will fix things instead of making them progressively worse each patch....

Razer and Asus are probably two of the best gaming accessories/components available at the present time.... I just don't think the game is up to par just yet.  I just hope they fix these issues before people start losing interest in the game.  We gamers are fickle you know. hehe.

i guess from the devs perspective new players buying premium memberships due to new features being implemented is more important than retaining the player base they already have. im frustrated and i just started playing. i just feel for the veteran players. hopefully they fix soon, (until the next update)

When I installed the game in Beta it worked flawless, no lag, no chrashes, nothing.
When the game released it was the same, running perfectly, until a few days ago when it just stopped.
Started lagging everytime i twitched the screen, chrashed after five minutes of gameplay and now I cant even start the game.

I have reinstalled the game, reinstalled my computer and it doesnt work, I have tried every solution posted on the forum and nothing helps, I even started the game in booted safe mode and got the same crash....

My hardware is fine, im running the following:
Intel core i7 4790k 4ghz
Gigabyte GeForce 970 4gb
16 gb RAM
MSI Z87-G45
Samsung SSD 256Gb
Custom watercooling for all major units keeping the PC running below 45 Celsius at all times.

Ive checked all the components and everything is fine.
Its also the only game I have that keeps behaving like this.

Its a real shame, this is one of the best games I have played, and it isnt even remotely playable anymore..

4 hours ago, Aymohnat said:

I found a workaround for now, works for me anyway...

1) Turn on the razer Chroma SDK service.  Otherwise i can't even get past the BnS logo without crashing.

To turn this service back on, i had to go to Synapse, press one of my Chroma products -> chroma apps and make sure everything is set to ON.

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y". 

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Restart PC.

5)Now, the problem is, u can get in game with the Chroma services running. But is still crashes your game in like 10-20 mins.

So when i'm in game, i go immediatly go back to task manager and just put of the Chroma SDK service. Just leave Synapse running, it doesn't affect your game. 

So now im in game, and it doesn't crash!

The only downside for now; every time when I want to restart BnS, i need to restart my entire PC to get the chroma service pop back up in task manager to actually log in.

But hey, at least i can play. For now. 

Hope this works for someone else as well :)

Nice, this works. Thank you. 

Hi All,

Since CBT i wasnt having any issues with B&S that was until yesterday. And I can almost confirm my crash issue is related to specific Razer product. In my case its the Razer Mamba Chroma mice. I was using Corsair M65 older version and never had one crash my mice was acting up so I purchase Razer Mamba Chroma. After installing updated synapse drivers and software i couldnt stay in game more than 5 minutes. I also have Razer Deathadder Ultimate keyboard (older version) which didnt cause any crashes even with synapse software installed. 

Here are my thoughts on the issue.

Game guard is preventing Razer synapse application from accessing certain features and shutting down the game in order to "prevent" unauthorized macro or feature use that comes with chroma SDK. I believe because chroma software comes with SDK package which could be use to program mouse or keyboard to do a lot of different functions game guard being activated automatically. 

Here what i tried and what worked.

-

On 18/1/2016 at 4:35 AM, Rukkirii said:

We are currently investigating an issue where certain services are causing issues with the Blade & Soul Client.  We are working hard on a fix to address these issues, in the meantime we recommend disabling these services via the below steps:

If you are having issues with the Blade & Soul client crashing to desktop, try disabling the Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service.

Steps to turn off Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service:

1. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and open the Task Manager

2. Select "Services"

3. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and select it

4. Select the "Services" button on lower right

5. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, select "Actions" then "Stop"

6. Select "Actions" again and choose "Properties"

7. Open the "Startup type" drop box, and select "Disabled", then “Apply” and “OK”

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

still not working for me.. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2czzxw9&s=9

Hi All,

Since CBT i wasnt having any issues with B&S that was until yesterday. And I can almost confirm my crash issue is related to specific Razer product. In my case its the Razer Mamba Chroma mice. I was using Corsair M65 older version and never had one crash. My mice was acting up so I purchased Razer Mamba Chroma. After installing updated synapse drivers and software i couldnt stay in game more than 5 minutes. I also have Razer Blackwidoe Ultimate keyboard (older version not chroma) which doesn`t cause any crashes even with synapse software installed. 

Here are my thoughts on the issue.

Game guard is preventing Razer synapse application from accessing certain features and shutting down the game in order to "prevent" unauthorized/game altering macro or feature use. I believe because chroma software comes with SDK package which can be use to program mouse or keyboard to do a lot of different functions game guard being activated automatically. Which also brings the question how much information Razer SDK software package sending or receiving to cause game guard to crash the game. 

This is what i tried and what worked.

- Altering "Configurationfile.xml" under B&S folder. Changed "use-chroma-keyboard=y" to "n".  DIDNT WORK

- Closing Razer synapse application thru Task Manager. This option will let me start the game after the first crash but 5 minutes after games crashes again. DIDNT WORK

- Uninstalled all the Razer Synapse drivers from "programs and features" then restarted my computer. Game hasn`t crashed yet. Played 5 hours straight no crashes. WORKS

Downside to this workaround you lose certain fine tuning settings that comes with the synapse app. Like speed, acceleration, etc.  I dont use macros so it didnt bother me and color option is not a big deal. Even without the synapse app you still get different colors on your mice. You just cant control them. 

I will return Razer mamba and get Logitech g502 spectrum but since thats a RGB mouse like Razer Chroma I am not sure if it will cause any issues. I will update everyone by tomorrow if i run into any issues. Also I think some of the crash issues are related to software that comes with the newer gaming keyboards or mice (thanks to game guard). I would suggest disabling any software that came with your keyboard and mice (newer models like Razer chroma or RGB). 

Of course this is just my opinion and I am no expert in any of this. I just shared my experience and hopefully it helps someone so we can all play the game :)

P.S. Game guard cant prevent 1000s of bots, spammers, gold sellers which is making our game experience worse but perfectly fine to block and crash my game for no reason.

Archived