Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

This is fun. I was playing this game for around a week or two now and I just bought some Ncoins today :)

Did not even get to use them because this shit popped up. 

I do not have any ASUS or Razer softwares, hardwares, you name it...

Can we get our shit together Blade & Soul team?

None of the fixes work. 

Installing the BnS Lite Installer gives you a *cricket* shortcut with no actual shortcut, when you finally get the shitty client to update, it gives the other damn error and so on.

Well...I really hope it's not just 2 weeks of playing, but as far as this thread goes, it surely seems like it will be that way for us, guys.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty convinced its not a GFX issue, otherwise the stutter wouldn't have a 4-5 second rhythm. I think it happens when the game is checking to make sure GameGuard is still open and Gameguard runs some background check. It's probably a heavy operation and this causes the client to freeze for a small bit. They should probably be multithreading this, and if they are there multithreading code may not be working on some machines.

I tried to test my theory by closing gameguard through the task manager, and for the 6 seconds my game stayed open I had no stutter. Which makes me believe it is GameGuard running a scan that is messing up our FPS.

Np NCSoft, I got you. Give me a job offer now pls.

On 3/2/2016 at 4:23 PM, RyuShinai said:

its the second time im posting here but this seems like the best solution since it disables to option for the game to even try and use razer products just give it a try it worked for me and apparently for a few others 

If the game seems to "NEED" razer software to actually run, try to make this change , so the client wont try to use razer software.

Go to :

C:\Users[Your username here]\Documents\BnS\NCWEST

( press WIN+R and type "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\BnS\NCWEST" )

edit the xml there ( Clientconfiguration.xml )

find the line that states

<option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>

change it to

<option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='n'/>

Now try to run the game , with all razer services disabled ( You can run with services on , thx /u/DeusInsania for the info :) ) . Hope it works :)

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4312nm/summary_razer_users_crashing_beforeafter_update/czenn0x

I did this, but didn't worked for me. I am so mad...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.

I still have problem with BNS Crash report.

I've tried all the measures, described in all the bag topics of this forum and some others. But it looks like there is no solution.

I have Asus g550jk, but there is no asus Game first service installed, whatever it is. And no razer devices at all.

the game is running the discrete video card and all new drivers are installed.

i've tried to stop all services in system configuration utility. 

I've tried to redownload GG folder, and tried to repair my game.

Now I'm doing disk defragmentation, but don't think it will give any result.

the main thing is that sometimes game runs well, and I can play for hours. And other day it crashes after 5-10 seconds after log it. I could not find any dependence why does it happen. I just start my game log in, and play.

The only difference between this two events is that sometimes (game is running in windowed mode) in the window frame there appears something like "BNS (not responding)", and then it continues to load. If that happens, the game will crash for sure. But sometimes it doesn't and I can play.

I do not understand, why there is such lag, what is happening during the loading, what makes the game crash.

all background processes are switched off, the usage of memory, disc and processor is not at Max level.

Does anyone know the solution?

Also have this crash, it's only happen to me mid fight in dungeon, have no problem while idle or open field. I don't have any razer things, have try to change y -> n in that file but doesn't work.

it's only happen to me 2-3 days ago. Im perfectly fine before that

As if high ping/spam/bot weren't enough reason for me to want to quit the game

I dont know if this will help everyone but it did for me and now I'm not getting any crash at all. If anyone is using Windows 10 like me just run it with Windows 7 and that should do the trick. Right click on Blade and Soul launcher and select properties. Go to compatibilty tab and check the box run this program in compatibility mode for: Select Windows 7. Press Apply and OK. Enjoy! xD

for me, it crashes way too often. there isn't even any pattern for it before it crashes. after it closes, no error message appears or anything. it's pretty annoying since it does it all the time. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and drivers, file repairs, etc. nothing is shown in the crash report even though it just closes on me. it frustrates me especially when i am in the middle of battle and my character is half dead.

i've submitted a ticket about it but nothing changed.

i have an asus laptop with nvidia 940m. however i do not have asus gamefirst, so anything i've tried just doesn't work. at this point, i've kind of given in to playing on my pc with the lowest settings in a small window...

ok this bns report crash only happen to me on 23/3 -> 30/3. Im fine now from this bug

but just 5m ago i have 4049 error for the 2nd time *sigh*

*EDIT: and the crash happen again *facepalm* right after the weekly maintain (6/4), i guess it will continue for this week, maybe the next week maintain will fix it (just maybe)

Well played NC, well played. Your AWESOME game have issues with software, one coming from two of the BIGGEST pc hardware companies in the world? Give me a brake. Today, while out of ideas regarding my error 1000, I decided to actualy turn Asus GameFirst ON. Guess what? For 5-6 hours straight, I did NOT get a single error 1000 message, before it was ranging from 2-3 times every hour to 2-3 times every 10 minutes. How do you, dear NC explain that? I'm well aware that not everyone have issue with the software mentioned here, but COME OOON?!!?!?!? ASUS and RAZOR????

• 2 weeks later...

Well Still  not fixed. 
I deleted gameward from bin, block services, stop all my start up applications and still get crashes every time I do Events. I just got 2 crashes during harvest event and no credit for killing the damn boss. 

Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0), Disconnected from server(1000)(133,0).

I'm done with this game, would've loved to start playing but obviously the devs don't give a shit. What a gigantic piece of garbage. Tired of disabling random shit on my PC in hopes to make this piece of trash work and do the devs job for them. Can't even get past the *cricket*ing tutorial, hell I can't even get past the intro video if I don't skip it. 

Fresh install, i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti, 100Mb connection. It's not on my end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

is imposibol to lanch  the gamer im do all what say on this post but still not work crashing on lancht gamer..beafore im play very well on the beta,,dont hava any problem.. so boring to waiting to fix this problem,,

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not dc or crash all the time but it happens more then is tolerable and when it happens I get wird error messages and some times my accounts act up wonted work for a bit then poof they begin to work the screen flashing black during a fight in game is so angering and the perpetual lag spikes in locations were lag was not an issue before is just stupid.and now I am attempting to play sense the midnight ssp came out and it wonted even let me get past clicking to open game client and keeps giving me error measges saying sesenion expired please restart client so like I have said before games add new content yet leve old issues to keep happening rather then fixing them and then the new stuff brings more new bugs glitches errors for us players to deal with ruining our gameing fun and when that happens people leve game dies. so fix issues first then add new fun things then fix the new issues that came with the new stuff .but if you like to kill your game go ahead and keep not fixing things and instead add new stuff and see how long the game lives. good luck BnS.

• 2 months later...

Hi there guys.

Look im having the same prob's as you guys were my pc is crashing after launcher finishes trying to load the game, and whne i say crashes i meen its blue screening of death crashing. Now ive just spent 6 hours trying to work it out with support to no avale yet! so i came here in hope of an anwsure that i hope somone can help me out with?

heres what me and the team at support have run through so far. if anyone got any surgestions plz im all ears and a big thanks in advance guys.

PC cashing after New Patch

Octavia8477 Today at 13:13

Hi there Team sorry to bother yous look im having problumes playing blade&soul after the new patch update, when i launch the game the launch is working upuntill it trys to play the game its self. whats happening is my desk tops goting black like the wallpapers been removed and then evrything just locks up ie: i cant CTRL + ALT =Delet to get up task manager or click on icons or even restart the PC through the windos icon. So please can i get some help to find out why this is? 
    Kindest regards Retro

Xela Today at 15:54
    Hello there,

To start, I would like to get some basic information about your hardware and drivers so we can see how you are running the game. To do this, we use a Windows command called ""DxDiag."" To run Dxdiag:

1. Type the Windows key + ""R"" and type in ""dxdiag"" (without the quotes) in the Run Window.

2. When the window for ""Dxdiag"" appears, click the button labeled ""Run 64-bit Dxdiag.""
      Note: If you are running Windows 8, you will not see this button and so you can move to the next step.

3. Once loaded, click the button ""Save All Information."" You will want to save the file to your Desktop.

Once saved, I would also like to review your running processes with a program called Hi-jack this:

1. Download and run HijackThis from the following link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

1. Click the “Do a system scan and save a logfile” button.

2. Once the scan is complete, a text logfile will appear in Notepad. Save this file to your Desktop.

Once completed, please attach both files to your reply.

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Today at 16:19

Hi there Team ok so heres the 2 text doc's for the instructions you sent for me to do. I hope this shows and helps in finding out whats crashing my PC. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Xela Today at 18:06
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Let's start by preventing programs from automatically starting with Windows, then repairing some Winsock entries. To do this:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
    2. Type ""MSCONFIG"" without the quotes, and click ""OK."" This should open the System Configuration Utility.
    3. Click on the ""Services"" tab and check the ""Hide All Microsoft Services"" check box near the bottom, then click the ""Disable All"" button. (You MUST click ""Hide all Microsoft Services"")\
    4. Click the ""Startup"" tab. Click ""Open Task Manager.""

A list will be generated of all the applications you have set to start when Windows first boots up. Right-click on these applications one by one and select ""Disable."" Once completed, click ""Ok"" to save your changes. You will then be prompted to reboot your PC. Once you return to Windows, try connecting again.

Once you return to Windows, use the following instructions to clean up Winsock entries:

1. Click the ""Start"" button to bring up the Start Menu.
    2. Type in CMD into the ""Search programs and files"" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program ""cmd.exe.""
    3. Right-click on ""cmd.exe"" and select ""Run as Administrator.""
    4. Type ""netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt"" without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)
    5. Once complete, type ""netsh winsock reset"" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Once completed, please try running again by ""right-clicking"" on "".exe"" and selecting ""Run as Administrator.""

Should this not resolve the issue for you, could you please provide us with an updated Hijack This report so that we have the most up to date information regarding your system since these changes were made?

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Today at 18:55

Hello again team. Ok so heres a copy of both files for you i hope this help. now am i able to try playing the game now or wait for you guys to see if theres a problume still? 
    Kindest regards Reto.

Octavia8477 Today at 19:05

Hi there Team sorry to bug you just a quick update iive tryed to unistall and reloanload and install the game but am still getting the blue screens and lock up of the pc

Xela Today at 20:50
    Hello,

As a way to try and resolve this I'd like for you to run the Windows System File Checker using the steps below.

1. Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator

2. Click Continue to authorize opening a command prompt with administrative privileges

3. Run this command in the cmd prompt: sfc /scannow

4. The cmd prompt should list text stating ""Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.""

5. Wait for the scan to complete (this can take several minutes so be patient). This command will scan all protected system files and replace incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions

6. When the scan completes, the SFC tool will indicate whether or not it found any problems and whether or not it was able to fix them.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Today at 21:11

Hi there again Team. Ok ive run the scan and the scan show nothing wrong or that theres nothing needing fixing so what do i do now, im getting a little frustated that i cant play the game im paying good money for. Please find a pic of the scan attached. 
    kindest regards Retro.

• Liinxy unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 6:43 AM, BeardedBourbon said:

I'm actually going to come out and say that it ISN'T an issue with Razer Products or the local softwares that are involved.

It has to do with corrupted bin files from the original LIVE BNS Client that we received for Headstart that got updated but failed to clean up old files.

For everyone having consistent crashes (Within 10-25 minutes of logging in), follow these steps.

Step 1: Access your local disc

Step 2: Program Files (X86) > NCSoft > BnS

Step 3: Delete the entire "bin" folder.

Step 4: Run the patcher and click repair files. Your bin files will be reinstated with clean ones and lacking any bugged or left over files.

Step 5 (Optional): Turn off Chroma Settings in game.

Step 6: Enjoy.

While the bug IS centered around Razer (As signified by some error reports), it's not specifically a Razer product or any softwares. The issue that seemed to be present was the Chroma Feature (On by default) triggering some type of communication failure to peripherals (Razer & Non-Razer) in which case, Game Guard was snapping at it and causing an error.

Even for people without Razer Products, the setting is still on and is attempting to communicate. Game Guard still flags it but fails to solve it.

Good luck, everyone.

will these steps work for a asus home desk stop computer cause i am getting a crash that will not let me play the game not very long and sometimes give me a plain color but usually a black screen and a sound and i can't do anything but to force ably shut it down and restart the computer and get on the game maybe and yesterday i did uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and its giving me a early one of it now so please reply me back 

Archived