Being Matched Against People Twice My Level

Aahlyia

I was waiting for this rofl. Honestly just level up and not play Arena or play to learn and not to win. Right now, you don't even get anything out of winning. There aren't even that many low levels pvping as well. As for why it's like this, I'm not sure but I don't mind it one bit. Getting 100-30'd by a 45 didn't make me upset at all today; instead I was like "ok I can't open like this anymore" or "hmm they get me when I got to slam them down/toss them up. Better rethink my next move". Arena PvP in BnS is one of the few mmos I can see going competitive here in NA so don't throw in the towel after a few bad rounds. Mind you, my BM was something like 13w/41l during beta at level 28 (I started super early rofl) and my Destroyer is 11/15 atm at level 25.

I got killed in 2 hits lol. I think I'm beyond working on my technique. But you are probably right, it will probably get better when more people play, at least I hope so lol. I was lvl 15 and this person was level 37, so it was just kind of like, "well *cricket*". I think I will wait until there is some more news about it all later. I play plenty of competitive PvP games, this was not one of them lol. However, the open world PvP is fun. I enjoy fighting with people around my level, except when there are like 3 of them on me lol. But then I can just go on Faction chat and call for help. I'm not saying BnS PvP isn't fun or challenging, but the way arena is set up right now, it just isn't worth my time.

It's just how it is.

You go into pvp at your own means, nothing is going to be balanced perfectly. Besides you get the stats of a level 45, just not the skills.

People have killed level 45s with just level 20 characters, really depends how well you know the game, and your class, and also how well your opponent does.

Most likely a high level is going to win, but for me this doesn't trouble me, I reached gold as a lv 20 kung fu master, and those who know about the KFM realize at that elvel they have literally nothing, no cc chains, not much damage, pretty useless...but i still managed to beat a few lv 40-45's.

Keep playing -- pvp is designed for you to exercise your class and learn it correctly for open world pvp, i wouldn't worry too much.

Ive been pvping 20-25 yesterday and faced a lot of 40+. I was able to win some of the matchups but yeah you're going to be at a disadvantage if you don't level. You're missing skills and skill tree points(which I consider much more valuable). Is it possible to win? Absolutely, you're just not going to have it as easy.

The game *tries* to match you up with people of your own level, however it won't leave you sitting for several minutes waiting on someone if another person near your rating (but not necessarily your level) is queued up. Ever since I hit 30, I've been consistently getting matched against other level 30-40 players. I will say that most players wait until level 30 or so before they start arena PVPing, because they need abilities and skill points that are integral to pvp functionality. 

It takes very little time to level up, and honestly PVP at level 15 is a bit hollow and frustrating since you don't have any of your key combos/abilities. IMO this is why there are not many people your level PVPing for you to get matched up against. It's silly to blame it on the game. 

I agree with the level suggestion. I just wasn't aware going in to it that I would be at such a disadvantage, there were no prior warnings about being matched up with whatever level is waiting to play. I'm not saying it is a bad game, or bad PvP. I am saying it could be constructed better on the Arena side. I would be perfectly fine with waiting 2 hours to fight someone my level. That's just my opinion. It doesn't sway the way I feel about the game as a whole. Just a minor annoyance, and I am sure they will work it out over time. However, it would probably be better to offer PvP at lvl 30-40 instead of lvl 15. Or have some kind of warning that you never know what kind of lvl players you will be facing. Just a suggestion, can't argue that it would be nice to have the heads up.

3 hours ago, Aahlyia said:

I agree with the level suggestion. I just wasn't aware going in to it that I would be at such a disadvantage, there were no prior warnings about being matched up with whatever level is waiting to play. I'm not saying it is a bad game, or bad PvP. I am saying it could be constructed better on the Arena side. I would be perfectly fine with waiting 2 hours to fight someone my level. That's just my opinion. It doesn't sway the way I feel about the game as a whole. Just a minor annoyance, and I am sure they will work it out over time. However, it would probably be better to offer PvP at lvl 30-40 instead of lvl 15. Or have some kind of warning that you never know what kind of lvl players you will be facing. Just a suggestion, can't argue that it would be nice to have the heads up.

Its structured perfectly fine.

If you want to go into arena at 15, you can and will be at a disadvantage.  I'm failing to comprehend how you are annoyed that you have access to something at a low level?  If you don't do well at 15 with your class then don't do arena and go level up.  Some classes are awful at low level arena, while FM and SUM can somewhat hold their own right at hitting 15. There is nothing wrong with offering pvp at an early level, it baffles me that people want to lock more features to late game.

TLDR:  If you can't win in arena just because your character is low level, stop doing it and level.  Go fight once you have more talent points/abilities. 

Like I said, all I am suggesting is that upon hitting level 15, there should be some kind of !WARNING! that you will 99% not be facing someone evenly matched. I'm saying that because a lot of people would go play their first arena match, go against someone twice their level, and get killed in a few hits, without being able to move or defend themselves, and then never touch arena again. I'm saying there should be a warning. That's it, and it's really not that baffling or extreme. Just suggesting some kind of real warning. Not just, hey you're level 15, you can now go do controlled PvP. Most people are going to go in to it with a mindset where they may be able to win, that's kind of the point of PvP, having a chance at besting someone. They are going to go into it thinking it will be somewhat similar to PvP in other MMOs, when it comes to matching anyway. This is not the standard, hate to break it to anyone who thinks this type of PvP is normal. There should be a warning, that's all I am saying..

24 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

Like I said, all I am suggesting is that upon hitting level 15, there should be some kind of !WARNING! that you will 99% not be facing someone evenly matched. I'm saying that because a lot of people would go play their first arena match, go against someone twice their level, and get killed in a few hits, without being able to move or defend themselves, and then never touch arena again. I'm saying there should be a warning. That's it, and it's really not that baffling or extreme. Just suggesting some kind of real warning. Not just, hey you're level 15, you can now go do controlled PvP. Most people are going to go in to it with a mindset where they may be able to win, that's kind of the point of PvP, having a chance at besting someone. They are going to go into it thinking it will be somewhat similar to PvP in other MMOs, when it comes to matching anyway. This is not the standard, hate to break it to anyone who thinks this type of PvP is normal. There should be a warning, that's all I am saying..

Because there was NOT suppose to be a cash headstart and everybody was suppose to be around the same level that way, but this what u get when u prioritize money over game systems which are built in a different way.

there were other MMOs which developers allowed cash players to be ahead and there I learnt that they take over PvP so I become cautious when it comes to PvP in such games. but anyway your suggestion probably will meet the wall because it's ncsoft, and on the other hand it's one of "supporting" \0/ this game perks to take out easy newbies in arena to farm up your k.d.r and w/l like a retard and end up with a massive one, it sure makes every lv45 so proud and happy

Well imo any match between non L45 shouldn't be rated. Why are players being bothered to look for a sparring partners? They should have just added training matches.

However the first weeks it's all about getting experience. The pvp in BnS depends on extremely the knowledge and experience of the other and your own class. A skill setup that works perfectly against class A can put you in a total disadvantage against class B.

Lol guys... there probably will be a lot of low level people queueing now that the game has launched F2P. The vast majority of head start players experienced low level PVP in beta and knew that it takes less time to level than to whine on the forums, so they leveled up. 

I was expecting the pvp to work similar to Guild Wars 2 - equalized gear+all skills are unlocked for level 1 characters.
Now, i have to grind for weeks just to be competitive and if i want to play with another character i'll have to grind even more.
I'll pass...

5 hours ago, NSJL said:

Now, i have to grind for weeks

You can hit cap in as little as 14-15 hours and casually in about 2-4 days. It really should not even take you a week to hit cap including wasting a lot of time (like I have been).

23 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Lol guys... there probably will be a lot of low level people queueing now that the game has launched F2P. The vast majority of head start players experienced low level PVP in beta and knew that it takes less time to level than to whine on the forums, so they leveled up. 

You should really study  the difference between whining and discussing. Most of these people are not here to complain or whine, they are here to ask questions and get feedback. Or in some cases, to find out if anyone else is having the same issues as them, and how we can possibly go about resolving these issues. You have replied to this post several times, and haven't said one single thing that was either helpful or encouraging. So, why are you even still doing this? If it makes you feel mighty to come on here and talk down to a bunch of people who are new to the game, that is just sad. I hope you start enjoying the game, rather than picking on newbies in the forums!

35 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

You should really study  the difference between whining and discussing. Most of these people are not here to complain or whine, they are here to ask questions and get feedback. Or in some cases, to find out if anyone else is having the same issues as them, and how we can possibly go about resolving these issues. You have replied to this post several times, and haven't said one single thing that was either helpful or encouraging. So, why are you even still doing this? If it makes you feel mighty to come on here and talk down to a bunch of people who are new to the game, that is just sad. I hope you start enjoying the game, rather than picking on newbies in the forums!

I'm not here to fluff you up or encourage you. I did state how the match making system works and offered you a solution to remedy the issue. If you'd rather just complain and not solve your problem, then that's on you. No reason to get hurt feelings over it. 

15 hours ago, Maisy said:

Stop pvping at low level. you stand zero chance.

During CBT, I levelled my summoner from level 4 to 11 by doing arena. My win/loss ratio was 50%, beat a lvl 27 when lvl 6.

That said, low level means class imbalance. Would never dream of doing lvl 4 arena on my KFM. :D

2 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

I'm not here to fluff you up or encourage you. I did state how the match making system works and offered you a solution to remedy the issue. If you'd rather just complain and not solve your problem, then that's on you. No reason to get hurt feelings over it. 

Again, nothing useful. Thank you for all of your useless information. Good day.

Archived