Plans for Mushin on launch?

Yui-chan

The queue time is inaccurate. Mine said 2 hours at 9am. It's now 2 hours later and it says 3 hours.

The only real stuff they can do is:

1. Real server transfers. None of this manual stuff with creating tickets, not keeping level progression and losing any ncoin you spent on other characters. Real server transfers. Free if going from Mushin or Windrest to another server, no transfer allowed into Mushin or Windrest. For real money if between any of the other servers.

2. AFK timer. You have a fake concurrency going on right now because many don't want to log out and have to re-queue. There's plenty of people AFK keeping spots and not getting the queue moving. It only exacerbates the problem.

3. Lock character creation on Mushin and Windrest until craziness dies down.

#1 and #2 would help tremendously.

I was sitting right there when B&S went live and played for awhile and got off - had no idea things would get so bad! Have tried repeatedly to get back in w/o luck - finally just went to Soho and haven't had to wait even once! Sadly I had claimed the Master Pack items on a character in Mushin but havent opened the chest yet - don't know if I can mail between servers (?)

1 minute ago, Mystearica said:

other servers are not the issue who cares about those mushin has way over 20k people needs to be addressed i would love an AFK timer

100% agree...server needs to either be restarted for mushin just to kick afkers or needs to have a afk kicker in general...way 2 many people on 1 server and not enough manually server moving going on..

3 hours ago, Scrappy54 said:

I was sitting right there when B&S went live and played for awhile and got off - had no idea things would get so bad! Have tried repeatedly to get back in w/o luck - finally just went to Soho and haven't had to wait even once! Sadly I had claimed the Master Pack items on a character in Mushin but havent opened the chest yet - don't know if I can mail between servers (?)

you can with the one time transfer

Plan? They are still in the "Planning" Phase to do something about the thousands of players who go AFK for 10+ hours at a time and make it impossible for players to log on. Seems like that alone is a simple fix, so if they can't get past the "Planning" phase on that I wouldn't get my hopes up on any other plans. 

Honestly I think in the long-term we'll get mega-servers (all servers clustered together) which is why there's only 1 version of our names allowed in our entire region. But for the time being while all the regions have multiple servers, the best thing they can do aside from upping server caps is to implement proper transfers ASAP, and most importantly add an AFK timer with a 5 minute grace period after disconnection in case people actually were afking and going to come back soon. They can always remove AFK-kicking in the future, it's what happened in FFXIV and ArcheAge, it helped tremendously with queue times. I don't mind a queue if it's reasonable, I also don't mind a queue if I have a reliable estimate or can at least see my place in line, and see for myself how steadily I am moving up. I was in queue for a few hours today after starting it this morning, I am also a premium member.

Part of the problem is so many of the streamers are on Mushin, combined with everyone who was in beta keeping their communities/friends together. I think if they could convince streamers to be moved evenly through out all the servers, their mass of followers would join them and that way every community is getting proper promotion and participation from the streaming community. There really is very little aside from these things that they can do to alleviate the issue, because it only is effecting Mushin.

if you guys havent logged in before this is all a gimmick to make you buy the founders pack or to upgrade more. But when i logged in and played yesterday 1/16/2016 i looked at the channels and the channels has around 50 and only about 20 were available to be switched in. also there are many people afking cuz they dont want to go through the log in time again i see people talk about it pretty frequently.

They won't do anything because NCsoft is clearly incompetent when it comes to launches, no disconnects for AFK players, not nearly enough server capacity, no compensation for the fools that are waiting in quene to play this game.  What a joke.  If the servers don't have enough capacity for head start they definately won't for launch. 

I think NCSOFT is trying to limit all server population to distribute all headstart players to all servers at the moment. Then by launch, increase server so that both headstart and new playerd will be able to play on the same server? Might be wrong but just a guess.

So glad I was able to talk my RL friends into leaving Mushin and starting over upon a different server.  I haven't seen a queue since Friday night and Jiwan is starting to get pretty active.  We really wanted to be on Mushin but a couple hour queue is just insane.

The Issue is there's no AFK Timer.

To any of you saying "Oh, an AFK timer wouldn't help THAT much" I want you to first login to Mushin (Good luck, by the way, the other day I was in for 8 hours queueing) and then I want you to look around.

What do you see? Well, you see people afking. Everywhere. Hundreds of AFK level 3's outside the starter area, AFK people stacked on top of each other sleeping. The way logging in works is for every person that leaves the game, one person can join. There's just one very large problem.

Nobody is leaving the damn game. So nobody can join the damn game.

Archived