Daily challenge rewards make no sense

Milfano

I don't think that continuing this way will be good for the community as already the market prices are way too high and not right so i wanna know is the money rewards on dailies are correct or for how long they will remain ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Milfano said:

I don't think that continuing this way will be good for the community as already the market prices are way too high and not right so i wanna know is the money rewards on dailies are correct or for how long they will remain ?

it's permanent change. it's like this in KR as well.

2 hours ago, Milfano said:

More gold for upgrades is always good.

It takes like 800g for 1 tap on my starcross and 1700 per attempt on weapon.

More gold is always good.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Draknalor said:

More gold for upgrades is always good.

It takes like 800g for 1 tap on my starcross and 1700 per attempt on weapon.

More gold is always good.

You can finish badge in 100-150k. Weapon is locked by mats. Starcross also mats.

2k per 5/5 or almost 10-30k gold a day by rotating alts using rested system. This will quickly create massive inflation. Basically whenever everyone gets more gold, item will just cost more and more.

When everyone makes 3-10 fold more, items will cost 3-10 fold more. Any smart player jump dumps gold and buy items on market... oh wait most items on market already gone.

22 minutes ago, Pandana said:

You can finish badge in 100-150k. Weapon is locked by mats. Starcross also mats.

2k per 5/5 or almost 10-30k gold a day by rotating alts using rested system. This will quickly create massive inflation. Basically whenever everyone gets more gold, item will just cost more and more.

When everyone makes 3-10 fold more, items will cost 3-10 fold more. Any smart player jump dumps gold and buy items on market... oh wait most items on market already gone.

Gold was holding a ton of people back too, you know. Any change to the gold was going to shake up the market, but it will settle and by looking at KR we can get a idea of what the settle points will be. If they take the gold away now it also could prove fatal to the game because we really don't like being teased by NCSoft like that.

In addition, do you really think it is reasonable to only be able to ATTEMPT to upgrade once or twice a week, because that's what it was before.

Edited by DenialOfTruth

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Gold was holding a ton of people back too, you know. Any change to the gold was going to shake up the market, but it will settle and by looking at KR we can get a idea of what the settle points will be. If they take the gold away now it also could prove fatal to the game because we really don't like being teased by NCSoft like that.

In addition, do you really think it is reasonable to only be able to ATTEMPT to upgrade once or twice a week, because that's what it was before.

I maxed my badge well before this zimbabwe gold spam. I m not sure what you mean by upgrade once or twice a week, materials always held me back, never gold. Difference now is that everyone can get their badge maxed which is good, but at price of everything gone from market in a otherwise already very diminished population game.

But sooner or later they will have excess gold very fast, like I said, we can easily pull 30k a day per account. 33% less if u just do 3/3 which takes under 6-10mins per toon. Sooner or later you will run into position where you can not upgrade weapon, mystic badge, that before held you back because of gold. But then you can not upgrade anything else because manifest soul going up is in millions because each oil will go up, same with pet pods and literally anything tradeable.

Finally the bottle neck is materials and not gold.

First time ever i feel like i might be running out of crystals, stones and orbs. Also makes me realise how poor i still am.

Totally suits those friends of mine who only login and play a few times a week at most.

Well incase this change was intended, the damage was already done.
So keeping it as it is right now, probably hurts less ppl, than rolling it back.
Market will adjust to the new prices accordingly,but  everybody who's playing the game (and is not maxed on accessory enhancements) gets a win.
So besides for a minortiy, whats the problem?

Neither way is good.

Having no gold makes it difficult to upgrade anything, having gold makes everything more expensive

when it comes to trading (and meanwhile keep most of ppl on alts so main gaming is almost impossible).

16 hours ago, Walex said:

Neither way is good.

Having no gold makes it difficult to upgrade anything, having gold makes everything more expensive

when it comes to trading (and meanwhile keep most of ppl on alts so main gaming is almost impossible).

More gold to everyone (to the extent of how much effort you're willing to put into it) doesn't suddenly decrease supply of other tradable items. Removing SSP has a bigger impact on that, than adding more of an *unrelated* resource. Gold prices will balance themselves naturally, but what doesn't suddenly go down, is the cost of attempting a single item on a contemporary gear piece (you should try that sometimes before complaining about inflation, after a full week, I am yet to purchase anything from F5, since I am still upgrading my starcross gear)

I don't see any issue, the gold helps people to use the farmable items up and work towards progress. The rest used to be always ncoin based stuff witch got inflated by abuse of events like this evo stone farm and the "bambo" event. Normally, this amount of oils which some people had shouldn't be even in the game, which resulted in real life money transactions etc.
No real harm done, that Ncoins finally get worth your money again.

• Like 1

ONLY PEOPLE SELLING GOLD HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS...The entire community has been asking for more gold because it was needed, they finally do it and everyone minus gold sellers are happy about it...seems like a win to me. It has been amazing feeling rewarded for the time spent farming/ doing alts, working on DC's.  I have always farmed gold to upgrade my main and it was awful having to do multiple toons through raids, weekly's, DC's even to feel like I had "some gold" and I was still always broke, now I do DCs on 6 toons I feel rewarded and worth my time.  

4 hours ago, Vy06 said:

ONLY PEOPLE SELLING GOLD HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS...The entire community has been asking for more gold because it was needed, they finally do it and everyone minus gold sellers are happy about it...seems like a win to me. It has been amazing feeling rewarded for the time spent farming/ doing alts, working on DC's.  I have always farmed gold to upgrade my main and it was awful having to do multiple toons through raids, weekly's, DC's even to feel like I had "some gold" and I was still always broke, now I do DCs on 6 toons I feel rewarded and worth my time.  

This. Anyone who is complaining about the gold income, after literal YEARS of trash income that couldn't even support the upgrade cycle is very suspect.

21 hours ago, Vy06 said:

Gold selling doesnt change. If you make 10x more, gold sellers make 10x more and they sell for 10x cheaper, in the end they get same amount. Simple economy.

What changes is inflation. 30s soulstone are now 10g. 800g oils are now 3-5k. Problem is of you not need TRADEABLE then it is fine. Anything you need any form of tradeable is NOT fine. You also generate 10k gold while spending 2-5k on upgrades because there is only so much account bount mats you can get a day, resulting in gold accumulating in a Zimbabwe economy which in turns just drives prices up. So 3-5k oil is only now, just wait until 8-10k oil or higher after trove, or literally anything tradeable.

Game isnt adjusted for this much gold either. if you sell anything above 10k on broker, it will cost you 20% tax, so you need to trade in faction on a pretty dead game. So either pay huge tax for convenience or spam faction chat for sales.

6 hours ago, Pandana said:

Gold selling doesnt change. If you make 10x more, gold sellers make 10x more and they sell for 10x cheaper, in the end they get same amount. Simple economy.

What changes is inflation. 30s soulstone are now 10g. 800g oils are now 3-5k. Problem is of you not need TRADEABLE then it is fine. Anything you need any form of tradeable is NOT fine. You also generate 10k gold while spending 2-5k on upgrades because there is only so much account bount mats you can get a day, resulting in gold accumulating in a Zimbabwe economy which in turns just drives prices up. So 3-5k oil is only now, just wait until 8-10k oil or higher after trove, or literally anything tradeable.

Game isnt adjusted for this much gold either. if you sell anything above 10k on broker, it will cost you 20% tax, so you need to trade in faction on a pretty dead game. So either pay huge tax for convenience or spam faction chat for sales.

You do realize that these new gold values are basically equal to KR's values, right? And our upgrade costs have been equal to KRs for far longer. This is finally bringing everything in line, like it was supposed to be. This update cannot be removed or reversed at this point either as it would upset far more people then a few people that don't see the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

You do realize that these new gold values are basically equal to KR's values, right? And our upgrade costs have been equal to KRs for far longer. This is finally bringing everything in line, like it was supposed to be. This update cannot be removed or reversed at this point either as it would upset far more people then a few people that don't see the bigger picture.

If we had more KR system it would be GREAT! problem is we have half assed amount of KR systems and half assed amount of TW system. On top of that we have less active player than smallest KR or TW server. Combined with dead pvp and removal or certain areas like SSP leads to stuff like `good luck getting soulstones`.

But hey, people like me who play since 2016 benefit heavily from this patch. Anyone smart would had dumped every penny on patch day and wipe the market, now they have more gold and essentially more stable currency. Problem is new players will have harder progressing in aspect that doesnt just involve GOLD & nontradeable item.

There is plenty of way they could had done this. increase quest gold by 10-20 fold, or reduce gear upgrade cost by equavelent levels. bring back gold chests to dungeons. However, putting gold in a path that takes (the whole point of this thread) in a way that you can do it in 5-10mins is really dumb and like OP said, makes no sense. Design game for new players, not for players like us that play for along time and already have 14 or more alts.

2 hours ago, Pandana said:

If we had more KR system it would be GREAT! problem is we have half assed amount of KR systems and half assed amount of TW system. On top of that we have less active player than smallest KR or TW server. Combined with dead pvp and removal or certain areas like SSP leads to stuff like `good luck getting soulstones`.

But hey, people like me who play since 2016 benefit heavily from this patch. Anyone smart would had dumped every penny on patch day and wipe the market, now they have more gold and essentially more stable currency. Problem is new players will have harder progressing in aspect that doesnt just involve GOLD & nontradeable item.

There is plenty of way they could had done this. increase quest gold by 10-20 fold, or reduce gear upgrade cost by equavelent levels. bring back gold chests to dungeons. However, putting gold in a path that takes (the whole point of this thread) in a way that you can do it in 5-10mins is really dumb and like OP said, makes no sense. Design game for new players, not for players like us that play for along time and already have 14 or more alts.

Can you name any KR systems we are missing, excluding the two dungeons that they have that we will get in December and February as well as the new Northern Continent and its related systems (Those I can see us getting in April)? Also increasing the quest gold by that much would have had the same effect, just slightly slower.

Edited by DenialOfTruth

11 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Can you name any KR systems we are missing, excluding the two dungeons that they have that we will get in December and February as well as the new Northern Continent and its related systems (Those I can see us getting in April)? Also increasing the quest gold by that much would have had the same effect, just slightly slower.

Look at the dps & hp of kr players doing grim nexus or even infinity (when it was new to them) from months back. Look at ours NOW. I dont even keep up with KR after 2019 and I can still tell you we are missing stuff.

Basically our BEST events, were straight copy paste from KR. Basin gold farm event. Moon Refuge event (2h a day). There were copied from KR and created amazing event because we got KR gold values instead of NA.

You dont understand the point of the thread. The point isnt that it is too much gold, well it kind of is. It leads to point of doing dc for 3/3 and benefiting from rested bonus cause doing anything else is so inefficient.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Pandana said:

Look at the dps & hp of kr players doing grim nexus or even infinity (when it was new to them) from months back. Look at ours NOW. I dont even keep up with KR after 2019 and I can still tell you we are missing stuff.

Basically our BEST events, were straight copy paste from KR. Basin gold farm event. Moon Refuge event (2h a day). There were copied from KR and created amazing event because we got KR gold values instead of NA.

You dont understand the point of the thread. The point isnt that it is too much gold, well it kind of is. It leads to point of doing dc for 3/3 and benefiting from rested bonus cause doing anything else is so inefficient.

And? This is a KR MMO, of course we're going to get stuff from KR. The gold values should have been matching KR from the START. You also failed to list any features we are missing, just going off a vague 'they do more damage'...and part of the secret there is they have much better ping. They don't have much more in the way of gear at this point (Oculus isn't a huge damage jump over Starcross and they got a few more pieces than we do, and the new Mythical Triangle Gems and Aqua/Amber Dyad aren't major game changers for damage output).

Don't get me wrong, I get it. This flood of gold was sudden and unexpected, and it caused massive economy disruptions...but it's going to settle eventually. If they were to dial it back or even remove it at this point, it would be insanely destructive and empower those running 14-15 characters every 3 days to an insane level. THEY would be the sole people to dictate the economy from that point on.

2 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

And? This is a KR MMO, of course we're going to get stuff from KR. The gold values should have been matching KR from the START. You also failed to list any features we are missing, just going off a vague 'they do more damage'...and part of the secret there is they have much better ping. They don't have much more in the way of gear at this point (Oculus isn't a huge damage jump over Starcross and they got a few more pieces than we do, and the new Mythical Triangle Gems and Aqua/Amber Dyad aren't major game changers for damage output).

Don't get me wrong, I get it. This flood of gold was sudden and unexpected, and it caused massive economy disruptions...but it's going to settle eventually. If they were to dial it back or even remove it at this point, it would be insanely destructive and empower those running 14-15 characters every 3 days to an insane level. THEY would be the sole people to dictate the economy from that point on.

you asked for a system. I gave it to you with proof that they have more stats in form of HP, so you cant go denying it, not just ping/dps. They have more systems that we dont have. Like I said, we get parts of BNS from KR, but not as a whole.

18 hours ago, Pandana said:

you asked for a system. I gave it to you with proof that they have more stats in form of HP, so you cant go denying it, not just ping/dps. They have more systems that we dont have. Like I said, we get parts of BNS from KR, but not as a whole.

Sure I can. All you are claiming is they have 'more hp/stats' without naming a specific system or item that is giving them. What system(s) are giving them these things? I see nothing listed in Alice KR, the biggest community fetching info from the KR server indicating as such. And again, there are things I excluded from the list because we ARE going to get some of them in December.