Have you thought about a Steam release lately?

Elsayanor

I'm wondering if there have been any thoughts of releasing BnS on Steam lately.

The advantages of visibility and accessibility, which a game gets through the presence on such a platform, are basically undeniable. The best example is the recent release of Guild Wars 2 on Steam, a game that is also part of the NCsoft portfolio. According to public Steam statistics, several thousand new players were gained as a result for GW2. If you reflect this on BnS, even on a smaller scale, if only a handfull of new Players would stay for a longer time, it would be a big win for the Game.

A problematic actual example: If I would be a potential new customer/player with time and the will to play an actual MMO, i would probably never finding out that BnS even exists. BnS is not found any longer in things like Top MMO lists all over the Internet or whatever influences a player's choice. Its just not visible anymore.

Just think about it, it would be worth for sure.

o7 Elsa

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Uldrum said:

I've heard rumors that, the reasont hat they don't is because NCsoft does not want to give steam a cut of their profits.

Sounds like what a company like NCSoft would not do. 

The thing is... a Steam release would honestly help in pushing playerbase numbers up a little to make content more active again but I highly doubt that this will ever happen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uldrum said:

I've heard rumors that, the reasont hat they don't is because NCsoft does not want to give steam a cut of their profits.

But they just did with Guild Wars 2.

I think about BnS not getting a steam release is, because of the bad reviews it would get ontop of being heavy p2w. Last but not least a community AND GAME DESIGN that is not really friendly to new players or casuals.

Its not about NCsoft and steam release, its about BnS and steam release where im seeing the issues.

A few weeks ago I read on the game's fb the new legal documentation of the game (which I can't find now) and steam came out in the documentation so it might come out, ncsoft already has it in consideration so I hope we'll have news soon or it can too that it never arrives, but what is needed is needed, to bring in new players even though the way the system is I don't think they will last long.

6 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

A few weeks ago I read on the game's fb the new legal documentation of the game (which I can't find now) and steam came out in the documentation so it might come out, ncsoft already has it in consideration so I hope we'll have news soon or it can too that it never arrives, but what is needed is needed, to bring in new players even though the way the system is I don't think they will last long.

Don't count on it, it might be just a generic legal doc for all their games.

• 5 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, Amane said:

Sounds like what a company like NCSoft would not do. 

The thing is... a Steam release would honestly help in pushing playerbase numbers up a little to make content more active again but I highly doubt that this will ever happen. 

I think now that they reorganize ncwest by firing 20% of employees it seems like a dire situation. A steam version would bring back a lot of players but it’s an investment I don’t think this company wants to spend on even if the outcome would be profitable. Now I do wonder, with throne and liberty, it’s gonna be tricky to see if bns in the west is gonna last long if they would focus on other titles so wonder if it’s worth spending money on this game if it dies anyway.

2cents on this: BnS > Steam wont happen. Bloodlust will feed their patches to a western audience, the core playerbase if you will say so.

TL being published via Amazon might be coming strong, but is the majority of western audience even bothering for a new MMO while BP still not happened?

• 2 weeks later...