Incorrect Soul Boost Weapon Materials, again.

Hijack

Good afternoon,

Once again, the materials we are given for the Silversteel upgrade from Thornbreaker do not correspond to the materials we are given. As you can see in the below picture, we are given Premium Transformation Crystals and Transformarion Crystals, when the breakthrough still requires their tradable versions.
If I may suggest something, the easiest fix to this, would be to finally change the Breakthrough requirements for the Crystal version of the materials, considering there are 2 tiers succeeding it.

And, as always, the forum refuses to add my picture, so here goes:
https://imgur.com/a/ZoAiyMM

6 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

You can get the Premium Transformation Stone with the fishing system, you can get 10 a week per account.

And? How does that matter in any capacity, when Soul Boost should be 'self contained' and provide all required items for the upgrades it is supposed to? Plus the fishing event is only a month long, and Soul Boost is six months long. What is your proposal for getting Premium Transformation Stones when that event ends?

19 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

You can get the Premium Transformation Stone with the fishing system, you can get 10 a week per account.

That's silly, it should be in the SB awards. The fishing is a separate event and not everyone does fishing

• NCSOFT

Soul Boost Season 2 was designed to help players get from +3 Silversteel Weapon - Stage 6 to Silversteel Weapon - Stage 9, so these rewards will not allow you to upgrade starting from Thornbreaker Stage 9 as opposed to Soul Boost Season 1.

Doesn't this kind of contradicts your statement in the "Soul Boost Season 2 info?" topic in General Discussion (posted on Wednesday at 09:33 PM), about the Story Quest Objectives lock being the intended design for new and returning players? I mean, if we're talking new players then they probably never played the previous Soul Boost and/or had no idea how to properly complete it.
And respectfully, even if it weren't for that, personally I cannot see how it was specifically designed to help players exclusively from Silversteel Weapon Stage 6, if the new Soul Boost actually includes Thronbreaker Evolution Stones, as well as Silversteel Weapon Upgrade Material, the various Breakthrough Materials (albeit the wrong versions), as well as 9 Silversteel Evolution Stones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Green Storm said:

Soul Boost Season 2 was designed to help players get from +3 Silversteel Weapon - Stage 6 to Silversteel Weapon - Stage 9, so these rewards will not allow you to upgrade starting from Thornbreaker Stage 9 as opposed to Soul Boost Season 1.

This comment its just ridiculous, you dont even have to play the game to see clearly that the soul boost materials given its meant to take you to the next tier of weapon, you can't not come out of nowhere saying this....

But well i guess its typical answer just to avoid the issue in front on your face, especially when u are contradicting everwhere you post about the soulboost.

So.. yeah its better just to gather info before commenting such things like this across the board, since its the standard comment right? "We adress the issue and we will be in touch for future updates regarding this matter"

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, Hijack said:

Doesn't this kind of contradicts your statement in the "Soul Boost Season 2 info?" topic in General Discussion (posted on Wednesday at 09:33 PM), about the Story Quest Objectives lock being the intended design for new and returning players? I mean, if we're talking new players then they probably never played the previous Soul Boost and/or had no idea how to properly complete it.
And respectfully, even if it weren't for that, personally I cannot see how it was specifically designed to help players exclusively from Silversteel Weapon Stage 6, if the new Soul Boost actually includes Thronbreaker Evolution Stones, as well as Silversteel Weapon Upgrade Material, the various Breakthrough Materials (albeit the wrong versions), as well as 9 Silversteel Evolution Stones.

I should have worded this and my previous messages by referring to specific parts of Soul Boost Season 2 geared towards different goals. The Act XII story quests would directly help new and returning players (while at the same time not preventing the other players from completing Soul Boost), but the ones to upgrade your Silversteel Weapon would only help them later. 

So it's intentional then, that Soul Boost does not give the correct materials to go from Thornbreaker 9 to Silversteel 3? Sure, once a player is that far long in Soul Boost they likely can get a large portion of what they need, but it still seems like a very odd design choice in this instance and I have trouble believing it is an intentional one, given we have info from KR players that indicates what Soul Boost gives matches their upgrade materials for that specific upgrade. This is a case of KR once again forgetting what our version is like.

"but the ones to upgrade your Silversteel Weapon would only help them later." Could you specify who them is? Because the way most would read this is them being the new and returning players, for whom it will impossible to go beyond Thornbreaker, given they do not get the materials required, effectively locking them out of the full rewards.

And if by them you mean Soul Boost Season 1 participants, that managed to reach Level 40something for the Silversteel weapon upgrade despite all the setbacks, then it is not a very helpful event for new and returning players as advertised.

39 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

So it's intentional then, that Soul Boost does not give the correct materials to go from Thornbreaker 9 to Silversteel 3? Sure, once a player is that far long in Soul Boost they likely can get a large portion of what they need, but it still seems like a very odd design choice in this instance and I have trouble believing it is an intentional one, given we have info from KR players that indicates what Soul Boost gives matches their upgrade materials for that specific upgrade. This is a case of KR once again forgetting what our version is like.

Not that I disagree with you, but allow me 2 slight corrections.

One: no we do not get the materials needed that far long in Soul Boost as you said, given there are no Premium Transformation Stones or Transformarion Stones down the line in Soul Boost.

Two: This is not KR forgetting anything. Since Call to Arms event, in KR every gear tier and/or stage that went into CtA/SB had their requirements changed to untradable material versions, to avoid players profiting off of selling the tradable materials. We just never got those changes (prime examples: Weapon materials, Soul and Heart stages where we get 7 Stones like KR, but we still have 9 stages.)

Edited by Hijack
Spelling mistake

4 hours ago, Hijack said:

One: no we do not get the materials needed that far long in Soul Boost as you said, given there are no Premium Transformation Stones or Transformarion Stones down the line in Soul Boost.

Two: This is not KR forgetting anything. Since Call to Arms event, in KR every gear tier and/or stage that went into CtA/SB had their requirements changed to untradable material versions, to avoid players profiting off of selling the tradable materials. We just never got those changes (prime examples: Weapon materials, Soul and Heart stages where we get 7 Stones like KR, but we still have 9 stages.)

I'll correct my point for one: what I meant was that a player that has gotten that far c an probably get the majority of materials though other means, such as F5 and joining clans doing Steelbreaker runs.

However point two I made is absolutely correct: KR has not one gotten the requirements for our stuff right and has had to fix every time. If they are not forgetting what our region is like, then why are they constantly getting things wrong or porting the changes to our region?

It is highly suspicious that before that particular reward, soulboost gives materials needed to upgrade thornbreaker, and after it gives materials needed to upgrade silversteel, but the middle step is just not there. This looks like KR just forgot to modify our upgrade cost from TB9->IA3, because this is where the otherwise coherent story breaks up.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with letting people experience a little bit of material gathering, especially since during this even you can literally fish for PTS, and there's no harm in crafting your own empyrean stones. It just tells you to play the game a little bit more.

I do, however, disagree with our CM's statement that this is "intended". It clearly is not. Why give bound PTS, when they are 100% useless, especially in context of rewards before and after? Just no. KR forgot to change the price, whatever, just don't tell me it's "intended". Find a different way to say "just deal with it", please.

On 7/11/2022 at 5:48 PM, Green Storm said:

I should have worded this and my previous messages by referring to specific parts of Soul Boost Season 2 geared towards different goals. The Act XII story quests would directly help new and returning players (while at the same time not preventing the other players from completing Soul Boost), but the ones to upgrade your Silversteel Weapon would only help them later. 

With all due respect and no hate towards you or anything. Here are screenshots of what is missing. Premium Transformation Stone Crystals (basically bound PTS) which are useless because the upgrade from TB9 to SS3 is useless because that upgrade needs 3 PTS = Premium Transformation Stone as shown in the screenshot. It also needs 5 Empyrean Spirit Stones but SB only gives 1. Same for Elder Scale which only gives 4 but the upgrade needs 14.

If you're really trying to help new players, this isn't it because to create those mats is a big hurdle for new players.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Metatime

@Green Storm 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:38 PM, Green Storm said:

What are the 3 PTS Crystals for then? If it looks like a bug, swims like a bug, and quacks like a bug, it usually is a bug.

In this case we had the exact same scenario in soul boost 1, so every statement saying this is intended, though there are materials provided that don't make any sense, seems extremly implausible.
Why not just admit that there was no "The Soul Boost Season 2 content was checked in depth by our teams", fix the rest and be done with it.

But I still find it very disturbing that not a single person working on those release has a general understanding of  the reason for those rewards orupgrade  the mechanics in their game.

Edited by Hated

In summary, from what I have seen with my alt, the soul boost is broken and there is actually a breaking point when it comes to improving weapons, thanks to my main pj and I have been able to help the alternate pj that I have but even if the The idea of having 14 alt in my case has always been for the benefit of improving my main pj, but it really doesn't help a new player properly or who has only one pj or created his first pj in the game.