Revamped Solo Dungeon Enrage Timers are absolutely insane

Rmccn08

Anybody else having trouble completing solo dungeons? I am barely clearing Hong at -4 sec on Enrage with 1790 ap 2.5 mil sustain. Like that's ridiculous. This doesnt even make it more challenging. It just makes it impossible for anyone to complete. Some of the bosses mechanic wise got nerfed. The regular yeharon rotation is like way slower than the original rotation. So shes easier, but her enrage timer is super short. In Circle of sundering I'm clearing Boss 1 with 1 min left, Boss 2 with 30-40 seconds left, Boss 3 im cleared last time with 2 seconds left, and hong im clearing with -4 seconds left. I use to clear Mao in 1 min and 40 secs! I'm not saying this should be easy, because obviously some good stuff drops from the dungeons, but straight out of the storyline, if a new player really wanted to, they could kill hong. It be hard, but the enrage timer permitted it. I swear it feels like the enrage timer was not adjusted. Its better to make the bosses do more damage and have more health and have a high enrage timer, than to lower the enrage timer and make them super ez to kill. Thats not right. especially since weve been doing them already

Edited by Rmccn08
more stuff
  • Like 1

Lol. I went from clearing Hachi, the first fight in Mao in 4 sec to not being able to make the 4.5 minutes and 2400 ap. To be honest. Even doing mechs, at my lvl Hong still takes work. Solo just got a hard reset on who can and can't clear them. New world order so to speak. I hope the new players are really caching in on this event. Because new players after this event won't really be able to do anything outside of Moon Refuge for a really long time. 

4 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Anybody else having trouble completing solo dungeons? I am barely clearing Hong at -4 sec on Enrage with 1790 ap 2.5 mil sustain.

AP does not mean much.  If you have no other upgraded gear / accessories to boost that, even a person with 1500 AP but better over upgrades will highly outdps you.

Another question:

Why do you need to run Hong and Mao with that kinda gear ?

Master Hong gives ET Mats which you get more than enough from weekly and ET itselfe. This is old content by now everyone should be able to get fast and Mao give IA mats which is way to far away from your current gear so you dont need it yet either.

Everything below Master Hong is no problem with Grand celestial 6 gear and it gives you good rewards already.

15 hours ago, Grimoir said:

AP does not mean much.  If you have no other upgraded gear / accessories to boost that, even a person with 1500 AP but better over upgrades will highly outdps you.

That's not the point man. Im just giving you an idea of where I am gear wise, 1760, 2.5mil sustain. And I barely clear hong.

Edited by Rmccn08

18 hours ago, Deathevn35 said:

Lol. I went from clearing Hachi, the first fight in Mao in 4 sec to not being able to make the 4.5 minutes and 2400 ap. To be honest. Even doing mechs, at my lvl Hong still takes work. Solo just got a hard reset on who can and can't clear them. New world order so to speak. I hope the new players are really caching in on this event. Because new players after this event won't really be able to do anything outside of Moon Refuge for a really long time. 

So do think the enrage timer probably needs to go up on these bosses around the board?

3 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

Why? Because new content costs money to create, meanwhile just adding zero's to old bosses hp and reshuffling loot tables is relatively cheap.

OK bro they should still increase the enrage timers to give people an actual chance to complete the solo dungeons. Like its ridiculous

12 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Another question:

Why do you need to run Hong and Mao with that kinda gear ?

Master Hong gives ET Mats which you get more than enough from weekly and ET itselfe. This is old content by now everyone should be able to get fast and Mao give IA mats which is way to far away from your current gear so you dont need it yet either.

Everything below Master Hong is no problem with Grand celestial 6 gear and it gives you good rewards already.

Dude that's like saying why are you running weeklies? It's free easy rewards that you can aquire very easily, or at least I thought you could. Not to mention that I'm losing a lot of gold since I can't complete the dailies anymore. It boggles my mind that more people arent annoyed by these enrage timers? Whats your gearscore??? Are you clearing hong easily?? If you are above 2400 ap then you shouldnt be commenting on this because you probably dont even feel these enrage timers unless your running these dungeons on alts.

Just wanted to add onto this after talking with support. An option would be to increase the damage of the bosses and increase the enrage timer, so at least its still difficult, but people still have the chance to complete it. I think each boss needs about 1- 2minuetes added, maybe more idk how much trouble people are having with the lower level bosses(mushins tower bosses). But overall i think players with lower gear that are outmatched gear wise, should still have the chance to learn the mechanics and kill the bosses, even though they are really under geared.

you need ~1.55mio dps to beat hong before enrage.

look at gear recommended for hong: awk brightwill soul and  awk champions heart. with gear recommended youd clear him in ~4min.

also, et badge still costs over 1k gold if you buy it in raid, if you are doing hong its half that.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, Rmccn08 said:

So do think the enrage timer probably needs to go up on these bosses around the board?

I do, but basically the wall between middle ground and upper level players just got higher. Vials. Sacred Vials have a cap everywhere else in the game. But Mao is the one place without limits, without having to bid war where you could get them. I'm working to get True Brightwill and True Majestic. Where I am I need a combined 75 vials to meet my goal. The event only allows 3, Weekly you can only buy 2 and crafting them is bottle-necked by a mat that you can only get from 2 dungeons that can only be run once a day. So now it cripples the player base. If you've been playing for a while you know. AP isn't everything, and the weapon only fluffs what your accessories are putting forth. but you're gonna need a good heart and soul to put up numbers and those eat vials. You can get by with True Tiger and True Champion but if you're looking to push into really high lvl content you need to be past that. It was already pretty gated as it was and that got a whole lot worse which is the point I'm making. I'm chasing one of the whales of our clan. I parse 7.4 mil on a dummy and he parse 11.2. I can't do Mao anymore and he has to work to get through it and he's got IA accessories. So that should give you an idea of the level difference. Hong doesn't even compare. In the end, outside of tokens, if you lose Hong it slows you a little but can be made up for. But losing an unrestricted place to farm vials if you're looking to push to the next level of play really hurts. And don't get me started on anything after Brightwill and Majestic. The Vial count gets worse. You can't rely on a weapon. So if you're working with a raid group and trying to get from ET level to IA progression, there's now a new hurdle for pushing your gear to that level and beyond. But saying that people with high AP shouldn't complain is a farce. If you parce less than 9.5 mil this change affected you. 

Edited by Deathevn35
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, polarfoxy said:

you need ~1.55mio dps to beat hong before enrage.

look at gear recommended for hong: awk brightwill soul and  awk champions heart. with gear recommended youd clear him in ~4min.

also, et badge still costs over 1k gold if you buy it in raid, if you are doing hong its half that.

That's not the point man! The point is if the enrage timer is so low, that doesn't allow people with lower gear to do complete the boss. With the older solo dungeons, new players could still clear the bosses reasonably if they knew the mechanics well and their rotation was strong. At this point it doesn't matter. I sustain 2.5 mil on a dummy. I clear hong generally with 1.4-1.5mil with -4 seconds. I'm hitting enrage. That's not reasonable. The enrage time needs to be higher hands down.

2 hours ago, Deathevn35 said:

I do, but basically the wall between middle ground and upper level players just got higher. Vials. Sacred Vials have a cap everywhere else in the game. But Mao is the one place without limits, without having to bid war where you could get them. I'm working to get True Brightwill and True Majestic. Where I am I need a combined 75 vials to meet my goal. The event only allows 3, Weekly you can only buy 2 and crafting them is bottle-necked by a mat that you can only get from 2 dungeons that can only be run once a day. So now it cripples the player base. If you've been playing for a while you know. AP isn't everything, and the weapon only fluffs what your accessories are putting forth. but you're gonna need a good heart and soul to put up numbers and those eat vials. You can get by with True Tiger and True Champion but if you're looking to push into really high lvl content you need to be past that. It was already pretty gated as it was and that got a whole lot worse which is the point I'm making. I'm chasing one of the whales of our clan. I parse 7.4 mil on a dummy and he parse 11.2. I can't do Mao anymore and he has to work to get through it and he's got IA accessories. So that should give you an idea of the level difference. Hong doesn't even compare. In the end, outside of tokens, if you lose Hong it slows you a little but can be made up for. But losing an unrestricted place to farm vials if you're looking to push to the next level of play really hurts. And don't get me started on anything after Brightwill and Majestic. The Vial count gets worse. You can't rely on a weapon. So if you're working with a raid group and trying to get from ET level to IA progression, there's now a new hurdle for pushing your gear to that level and beyond. But saying that people with high AP shouldn't complain is a farce. If you parce less than 9.5 mil this change affected you. 

That's what I'm saying. I'm surprised that I haven't heard a lot of people mention this. I'm really glad they updated these dungeons, but holy ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ we need some more time to complete the bosses. That's literally it.

• Like 1