Package files are corrupted- NOT English error

Luccian

So I decided to come back to the game after a while and see what all was new. Did the installer off the website and patched like normal. Once I clicked start game it loads for about 30 seconds and then I get the error Packet Files are corrupted..  and the file it flags is the following.

C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\bin64\..\contents\bns\CookedPC\loginstage_003.upk)

I have already submitted and received a ticket response basically stating they are aware of the issue and will post more news on the forums.

Has anyone experienced this and found a work around for it yet?

Edited by Luccian
  • Like 1

Same here, lol...

Tried a full reinstall, manual delete of the file and redownload via file scan - no luck!

The problem must be on the end of the update servers, i send them a ticket. Probably a new feature introduced with the emergency maintenance.

If you look for the file you will find that it has 0 bytes!

You can delete the file manually and get the game to run, but your login screen will be messed up afterwards. And another file is affected as well which i suppose will be missing later on.

Here is the list of the files that the update server does not distribute properly:

\cookedpc\00046801.upk

\cookedpc\loginstage_003.upk

Mods, if you see this topic maybe inform operations... Cause this will keep non-tech savy people from joining to the game which should not be!

Edited by weaponzero
  • Like 1

guys I found the solution. I used to have another pc with bns already installed and just copy the corrupted file and paste on my other pc and it works...  Any ways heres the link https://mega.nz/#!vEw0AApb!Lu5OeVn9ow1MDykwJl3bR-TWQ-YZi2LEehSPvMzAZ4o

I pasted it on C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC

Edited by Tagiru
  • Like 1

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

Just in case anyone would still be experiencing the issue:

1. Download the files below:

http://live.patcher.bladeandsoul.com/BnS/134/Patch/Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/loginstage_003.upk

http://live.patcher.bladeandsoul.com/BnS/134/Patch/Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/00046801.upk

2. Locate the folder CookedPC in your Blade and Soul directory

(i.e C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\bns\CookedPC)

3. Once the files are downloaded, paste both files in the "CookedPC" folder and overwrite them.

4. Launch the game "without" scanning or repairing the launcher

If the issue still persist, press "Scan File" through the launcher before launching the game”

• 1 month later...

So I decided to come back to the game after a while and see what all was new. Did the installer off the website and patched like normal. Once I clicked start game it loads for about 30 seconds and then I get the error Packet Files are corrupted..  and the file it flags is the following.

C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\bin64\..\contents\bns\CookedPC\loginstage_003.upk)

guyz !help me i paste the both file u told me but nothing happen !  hope u help  me guyz :(

Edited by Chen Wexiue

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, KidDc said:

Im trying to play again after 2 years right now in late January and I also have corrupt file issues can I have some help??

If you can list what file it states is corrupted, i can upload it from my game so you can download and replace it. then the launcher should see it as done and move further.

• 4 months later...

I need help as well. Majority of the files in my folder are corrupted. I was going to use the mega link to solve my issue but the file has been deleted already. Please help. I want to get back into the game.

15 hours ago, Chiitos said:

I need help as well. Majority of the files in my folder are corrupted. I was going to use the mega link to solve my issue but the file has been deleted already. Please help. I want to get back into the game.

Specify which files are corrupted and giving you error, I will upload them to one drive for you to download.

Edited by SayhaSeer

Hello with the newest patch today I am unable to complete the newest storyline as I get an error as if chapter 2 advising of a package load error GW_SeongDo_A_PointCam.

ive tried verifying files with no fix. I can attach a pic if needed.

thank you for any help!

Edited by Mandii

• 5 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 12:28 AM, Hyunkel said:

Hi everyone,

Just in case anyone would still be experiencing the issue:

1. Download the files below:

http://live.patcher.bladeandsoul.com/BnS/134/Patch/Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/loginstage_003.upk

http://live.patcher.bladeandsoul.com/BnS/134/Patch/Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/00046801.upk

2. Locate the folder CookedPC in your Blade and Soul directory

(i.e C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\bns\CookedPC)

3. Once the files are downloaded, paste both files in the "CookedPC" folder and overwrite them.

4. Launch the game "without" scanning or repairing the launcher

If the issue still persist, press "Scan File" through the launcher before launching the game”

DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\pachunsung_area02_p.umap (2) can you help me with this, or can anyone upload/share this file so I paste it in my folder pls :(

5 hours ago, Chestal said:

DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\pachunsung_area02_p.umap (2) can you help me with this, or can anyone upload/share this file so I paste it in my folder pls :(

https://mega.nz/folder/sEZz3KJK#05W5YdzcFNe5HeAHoGmAEA - the whole game directory is located in this link, just navigate to the required file and download to replace your old corrupted file.

Edited by SayhaSeer

• 6 months later...

Allow the client installing the game through the firewall.
open the game as administrator.
Find the corrupted file on the computer and move it to another location to delete it after the problem is resolved.
then run the game and scan it.
During the scan, the game will download the missing file intact and solve the problem.