Where to find outfits...

Astarae

I've been looking for many months for some outfits to appear, "somewhere".  I don't know when they appeared, but there was a 2.5 month period from last December through late February where XIGNCODE prevented the game from running on my machine so I couldn't play.  But other than that I try to check regularly  -- these are ones that I remember that are past outfits I can't find:

Phoenix outfit (and accessories, esp. hair)

Dark Phoenix outfit (and accessories)

and white .. I believe it is Seductress or a white enchanted one.

I have both enchanted and non-enchanted versions of temptress and seductress after spending a few months visiting the pirate dungeons like nightshade and/or bloodshade harbors, but have never seen the white one even mentioned as a possibility.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put ALL outfits that are "supposed to drop" in a given dungeon for sale, maybe at Mushin's or a Valendria merchant after you've done those dungeons 10x?

Given all the focus needed by higher level dungeons, it seems less than productive to have us spending lots of time farming low level dungeons for costumes that are stubbornly refusing to drop.

Any chance we can get the odds for various items & clothing published as China requires for random loot-drop games?  That and do like trove does and force a costume to drop after a fixed number of drops if it hasn't already?

Thanks.

• Like 1

WHITE SEDUCTRESS: This outfit was released in trove a year or so ago

DARK PHOENIX: Was released either during an event, HM Store, or another Trove

PHOENIX OUTFIT: Was released in HM Store for almost $50 - $55 in NCoins.

When you look at the outfits in the Storeroom, look at the category it is under, it will tell you which zone/place the outfit could be or where it was sold. The outfits you have been looking for were in HM Store/Event.

NCSoft has put some outfits for sale if you go to the vendor that is in Zaiwei, you can buy some for Fabrics/High Fabrics. The Cosmetic Vendor sells old event outfits for Yarn and whatever that other thing was.

Edited by Kage Shadisha

1 hour ago, Kage Shadisha said:

These were all trove / rng box costumes. So I heavily doubt they will be added via an easier source in the game, else it would upset a lot of those who actually spent money to get them. If I remember good you can get the phoenix costume for designer threads so just wait till the next costume rng box event comes and try your luck.  The trove ones, sadly I believe you will only see them reappear in other troves.

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

These were all trove / rng box costumes. So I heavily doubt they will be added via an easier source in the game, else it would upset a lot of those who actually spent money to get them. If I remember good you can get the phoenix costume for designer threads so just wait till the next costume rng box event comes and try your luck.  The trove ones, sadly I believe you will only see them reappear in other troves.

Things available in troves are often (usually) made available in other venues.  There has been very little sign of NCSoft catering to those who believe that paying for a privilege means that it is theirs, alone.  The idea that NCSoft would deliberately exclude new players and is a bit ridiculous, since on the average, new players will spend more than players who are established.  How many who got "exclusive"[sic] costumes are still playing the game?  Probably less than 20%.  Those costumes don't promote loyalty or spending more money by those who have them.  If they are held up by a group of "haves" as something new players can't have -- its only going to dissuade new players from playing as they'll never have those items that they see others wearing.  What better reason to quit than to be told you'll never have what I have, so stop being [insert favorite derogatory name or insults for newer players here].  What better way to exclude new players and cut your own throat!

You need to look at where their bread and butter comes from -- do they get it from someone who donated a few tens or twenties  or hundreds, 3 years ago, or someone who's recently joined and has nothing and is trying to level up and get outfits released years ago?  The idea that you have your "haves" and "have nots", is the biggest reason for wars within and between countries -- you think creating the same dynamic in a game is going to bring in more players or income?  

11 hours ago, Kage Shadisha said:

When you look at the outfits in the Storeroom, look at the category it is under, it will tell you which zone/place the outfit could be or where it was sold. The outfits you have been looking for were in HM Store/Event.

White seductress's description says only worn by Hae Mujin's body guards, but isn't in the Moonwater plains area like the others, but is in the Hongmoon Store.  It doesn't appear to be in the Event section like white angel or the white rabbit headpiece.  The phoenix outfits are listed as being from the Hongmoon Store.  Other than memberships, I've never seen anything in the HM store costing NC30 or more, so I find it unlikely that the Phoenix outfits would cost NC20-25 more than anything else in the store, but maybe prices were higher a few years go (though that, also, would be unlikely).

11 hours ago, Kage Shadisha said:

NCSoft has put some outfits for sale if you go to the vendor that is in Zaiwei, you can buy some for Fabrics/High Fabrics. The Cosmetic Vendor sells old event outfits for Yarn and whatever that other thing was.

Have checked vendor(s) that I know of who sell clothing items multiple times.  I've been looking for these outfits, easily, for over 6 months and not seen them in that time :-(

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

Things available in troves are often (usually) made available in other venues.  There has been very little sign of NCSoft catering to those who believe that paying for a privilege means that it is theirs, alone.  The idea that NCSoft would deliberately exclude new players and is a bit ridiculous, since on the average, new players will spend more than players who are established.  How many who got "exclusive"[sic] costumes are still playing the game?  Probably less than 20%.  Those costumes don't promote loyalty or spending more money by those who have them.  If they are held up by a group of "haves" as something new players can't have -- its only going to dissuade new players from playing as they'll never have those items that they see others wearing.  What better reason to quit than to be told you'll never have what I have, so stop being [insert favorite derogatory name or insults for newer players here].  What better way to exclude new players and cut your own throat!

Yes, but fact is the Phoenix one for example, was already back 3 times and each time it was another trove or rng box event.

Oh sweetie, I'll tell you where you can buy them!!!!

In your dreams, because if anyone thinks they have any intention of releasing a costume that the majority of you want in a way that ISN'T RNG...

I mean, who knows.

We did once give a strong enough push about only getting ugly old rotations offered to us that Linxxy and co did work hard and actually deliver on changing that up a bit. But since she's been gone we've been right back to the same schedule we had before. Recolors and 100 times over re-releases. We're literally back to the Costco jackets again. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't also so depressing.

Update F10. No you know what, lemmie go on ahead and stick my dumb ol neck out right quick @Hime @Cyan Uhh who else...I dare not wake Youmu from his slumber, I don't have that big a deathwish right now...maybe that's good enough. No it isn't, lemmie get on some more peoples nerves who are just trying to get through their workday @PhoenixMitra @Sunshine  power rangers assemble

Update F10 please maybe if you have that ability. Usually F10 costumes would all get cleaned out and replaced once a year, but it's been about a year and a half now and still no update. Spring clean it, it's perfect timing. And push cosmetics more. No, not in the form of RNG. You're missing the point by 10 miles again with this latest box. I'm not spending a cent on "chance", I'm not stupid enough and neither are the majority of your customers. Newbies take one look at that and just uninstall-no one likes to be told "you can maybe have this if you gamble for it"  they'll just go play something where they can buy what they want outright instead. So anyways yes, please change the lineup in F10's cosmetics up a bit. ALSO!! Listen to me. Slap a discount on name, appearance, and gender changes.  The bigger the discount, the more people will spend. Keep that in mind. Let's think "happy customers" and "profit". There's a way to get both at the same time. It just takes a little brain storming.

• Like 1