Need advice

so i was playing the game on an assassin a year ago with the perma stealth build and now i returned to play it and i didn't trying any class other than assassin so which class is good in pve so i can try it?
(Kung fu master,Soul fighter,Force master,Blade master,Gun Slinger) which should i go? help me with short stats or sth

A word of advice though. Even though you'll be geared up the wazoo during leveling(mostly) and overleveled(again, mostly), not all classes are equally fun. I'll try to breakdown every one:

Assassin: Assassin's just fine. You zap around like some kind of a Lightning bolt and are equally as deadly in a Single Target. AoE is problematic though. Beyond Breath, I don't think there's anything Sin can do in AoE situation. And while Breath's good, it's not really Execute, is it?

Blade Master: Blade Master blooms rather early and you simply get more details and more fun options while leveling. This is leveling done right imo. It's a "good ole faithful" type of class. It contains literally a bit of everything.

Blade Dancer: It's also very good, but has some stuff that'll put its optimal level a bit later than BMs. It's also much more offensive than a BM. Not really my favorite, but it's good.

Destroyer: If you want to lumber around, please do take Shadow. Leveling as Earth is a pointless drudge. Almost no AoE with very low DPS. Shadow's much better here, thanks to crit baited Execute which is quite possibly the strongest whack in the game. Overall, the Shadow's better at this point. Later they both get very functional and Earth even overtakes Shadow (afaik).

Force Master: I don't think you really need anything beyond level 22 for the FM to truly work(except gear, but well). The FM is a rather simple, yet efficient class. Not sure about its late game potential though.

Gunslinger: Fire GS is simply boredom incarnate and, not only that, but it has a life of its own. Though it is simple and very, very functional. Shadow GS, otoh, is very dynamic and very fun, while preserving the efficiency of the Fire GS. I suggest Shadow, if for nothing else, then for how crowded the Fire side is.

Kung Fu Master: Fire KFM is very playable during the leveling portion. It's just very simple and could get boring as a result. Though it is reactive and there is a variety of ways to dispatch your foes, it still boils down to 2 2 F. And it is very single target focused without any real bonuses like Assassin gets(perma stealth aka perma 100% ms boost). You can practically forget about Wind KFM...it sucks during the leveling something fierce. It's one of the worst leveling Elements next to Earth Destro.

Soul Fighter: It's a less resilient, but much more mobile and fluid version of a KFM. Both of them are kinda workable during the leveling, but they more than make up for it by the sheer fun factor. During the leveling, you might even be reminded of some mixture of an Assassin, a KFM and a FM. It's also more elaborate than Fire KFM, so there's that as well.

Summoner: Summoner's Summoner, what can I say? Very reliable, very workable. It's just...Earth blooms later than Air(Bee spam ZZZzzzZzZ), but despite that, it's better for solo because it inherently has an AoE as opposed to Air(which has only very basic AoE and that's with the Furball serving as a sort of AoE mental gymnastic).

Warlock: Very sought after in Group activities(for a very good reason, too!), but also very basic and disappointing, even boring during the leveling. Shadow, while more fun in general, relies too much on Crit and has too low of an AoE and Frost is...Root -> Dragoncall = DEAD ARMIES. It's hugely disappointing. Pet, while hyped up a lot on Warlock pages etc, is actually next to worthless in game. It becomes good approximately at the same moment when Destro becomes, it's just that your mere presence causes your party's dps to double(if not more!).

///

Conclusion: Everything's just fine, it's just that Destro, Lock and, somewhat, KFM don't really mix well with the leveling part of the game.

Hrwd, I've seen you comment on another thread where someone was looking for a class to play. I don't know why you insist on calling certain classes boring, that's your personal opinion and not everyone who plays those classes will think the same as you.

1 hour ago, Junamaki said:

Hrwd, I've seen you comment on another thread where someone was looking for a class to play. I don't know why you insist on calling certain classes boring, that's your personal opinion and not everyone who plays those classes will think the same as you.

Yeah, that's why I took to using imo and such phrases. Maybe I forgot to put it?

Still, playing incomplete and almost completely single target Earth Des / Wind KFM / Shadow Lock / Fire GS while you can play much more responsive and fun and even AoE worthy specs at that moment is...silly imo. Things take needlessly long. Plus, Shadow GS IS more responsive / dynamic to play than RNG Fire GS. There's almost no denying it. Fire is "spam RMB...PROC! TIME FOR DAMAGE!" while Shadow is "spam RMB while weaving a lot of other attacks in, causing all sorts of effects - buffs, debuffs, AoE etc". Maybe some people like the simplicity of Fire GS? /shrug

37 minutes ago, hrwd said:

Yeah, that's why I took to using imo and such phrases. Maybe I forgot to put it?

Still, playing incomplete and almost completely single target Earth Des / Wind KFM / Shadow Lock / Fire GS while you can play much more responsive and fun and even AoE worthy specs at that moment is...silly imo. Things take needlessly long. Plus, Shadow GS IS more responsive / dynamic to play than RNG Fire GS. There's almost no denying it. Fire is "spam RMB...PROC! TIME FOR DAMAGE!" while Shadow is "spam RMB while weaving a lot of other attacks in, causing all sorts of effects - buffs, debuffs, AoE etc". Maybe some people like the simplicity of Fire GS? /shrug

I'm sorry but the fact that you base classes on being fun and make judgments only on how they play during the leveling process I simply can not take your opinion serious lol. You don't fully experience a class until after you finish the story and learn their rotations, run dungeons with them, etc.. The fact that you think those classes are incomplete and single target already says enough. I have a feeling you have not gotten very far into endgame yet or else you would never make such statements after seeing how those classes play.

2 hours ago, Junamaki said:

I'm sorry but the fact that you base classes on being fun and make judgments only on how they play during the leveling process I simply can not take your opinion serious lol. You don't fully experience a class until after you finish the story and learn their rotations, run dungeons with them, etc.. The fact that you think those classes are incomplete and single target already says enough. I have a feeling you have not gotten very far into endgame yet or else you would never make such statements after seeing how those classes play.

No, you're wrong and I've heard enough of such crap. Let me put you into place:

Class = Leveling + Endgame

Where what most to what the new player is exposed is the Leveling part. Hence, why there is so few (Earth) Destros or Wind KFMs. Because people lose the will to play by 25 and I'm talking modern fast leveling. Ask yourself, why almost everyone uses Frost Warlock for leveling or Shadow Destro or Fire KFM. And often stay that. The error you're making is as thus:

Class = Endgame.

Which is silly, otherwise there'd be MUCH MORE KFMs and Destros. And I do admit that things change, but I disagree that they should drastically change(as they do) - they really shouldn't. But it's NC Soft's will and I abide, but I can't and won't look just at a detail, no matter how important it is-the whole picture must be understood.

45 minutes ago, hrwd said:

No, you're wrong and I've heard enough of such crap. Let me put you into place:

Class = Leveling + Endgame

Where what most to what the new player is exposed is the Leveling part. Hence, why there is so few (Earth) Destros or Wind KFMs. Because people lose the will to play by 25 and I'm talking modern fast leveling. Ask yourself, why almost everyone uses Frost Warlock for leveling or Shadow Destro or Fire KFM. And often stay that. The error you're making is as thus:

Class = Endgame.

Which is silly, otherwise there'd be MUCH MORE KFMs and Destros. And I do admit that things change, but I disagree that they should drastically change(as they do) - they really shouldn't. But it's NC Soft's will and I abide, but I can't and won't look just at a detail, no matter how important it is-the whole picture must be understood.

What you've said is entirely wrong. It takes less than 24 hours to complete the story no matter what class you're playing assuming you skip all the side quests and rush through everything. Leveling through the story is pretty much a huge tutorial where you acquire basic gear to get started and the only way it will be what most of the new player is exposed to is if the new player decides to take their time playing through the story. Even then the story is only part of what a new player will experience since even after completing the story and reaching 55 you still are considered a new player. There is nothing at all challenging about the story so I don't see how you could think you will really experience and learn a class by leveling.

You're silly to think the reason why there aren't many kfms and destroyers is because they aren't fun/good classes. The reason why there are not many kfms is because they're a tanking class, melee, require anicancel and low ping, plus some people are intimidated by the fact that they have been known as a class that's hard to master even though this changes once they have vt gear but it's a lot more harder up to that point to play a kfm compared to a fire bm. Also that exact reason is why there are so many more fire bms compared to lightning bms and it has nothing to do with fire being more fun, it's just that lightning is harder to play and the game is badly optimized.

The reason why there aren't many destroyers is because they're weak, they don't shine until they have good gear and many aren't willing to invest in a class up to that point when they can just play something else. Also people feel like destroyer doesn't bring a lot to a party compared to some of the other classes.

By your logic all ranged classes are better than melee because the amount of ranged players outnumber melee.

58 minutes ago, Junamaki said:

What you've said is entirely wrong. It takes less than 24 hours to complete the story no matter what class you're playing assuming you skip all the side quests and rush through everything. Leveling through the story is pretty much a huge tutorial where you acquire basic gear to get started and the only way it will be what most of the new player is exposed to is if the new player decides to take their time playing through the story. Even then the story is only part of what a new player will experience since even after completing the story and reaching 55 you still are considered a new player. There is nothing at all challenging about the story so I don't see how you could think you will really experience and learn a class by leveling.

You're silly to think the reason why there aren't many kfms and destroyers is because they aren't fun/good classes. The reason why there are not many kfms is because they're a tanking class, melee, require anicancel and low ping, plus some people are intimidated by the fact that they have been known as a class that's hard to master even though this changes once they have vt gear but it's a lot more harder up to that point to play a kfm compared to a fire bm. Also that exact reason is why there are so many more fire bms compared to lightning bms and it has nothing to do with fire being more fun, it's just that lightning is harder to play and the game is badly optimized.

The reason why there aren't many destroyers is because they're weak, they don't shine until they have good gear and many aren't willing to invest in a class up to that point when they can just play something else. Also people feel like destroyer doesn't bring a lot to a party compared to some of the other classes.

By your logic all ranged classes are better than melee because the amount of ranged players outnumber melee.

They SEEM better, so people stick - people are rather easy to impress and not a lot of them are willing to go slowly and create and try EACH CLASS(like I've). But let's go more slowly.

24 hours and that is with no fun rush method. But ok. Let's say that an average person plays 3h / day. That is a FULL WEEK of HAVING A NETTLE / BURR UP YOUR BUTT! Would you volunteer for even a day of that? Because I wouldn't, why would I? Again, a FULL WEEK while you could be having fun with another class / in another game. Besides, if the story is supposed to be a tutorial(it's not, yet another of your mistakes, has it occurred to that some could play only casually / for story and a PvP match here and there?), why is it so bad at that(your words: "You don't fully experience the class until …" -> some don't even know WHAT TO DO after "tutorial2, some lousy tutorial, eh? Almost like it isn't one!) and what's the purpose of a tutorial with like half the skills? When you invest 24h into something, you shouldn't be considered new. Come on, that's silly. You should either get taught or prepared in some way. The fact that NC failed at the endgame(face it, it's a grindy hell that's almost completely unacceptable outside of Korea -> player numbers don't lie), doesn't mean anything, except that they obviously rushed the adaptation of the endgame.

And what I mentioned is one of the reasons why KFMs and Destroyers are rarer classes - especially Wind + Earth. Not the only one, but it could very well be playing a rather large role in it. Because we are not talking about Veterans, we are not talking about Whale alts. No, we are talking about brand new players who, most likely, haven't spend a DOLLAR(!) and then when they try a couple of classes and they witness the "glory" of basic KFM / Des element(Wind / Earth), they give up. Especially on Destroyer who is both lumbering and actually rather brainy for a dude with a big axe. You yourself admitted this "they don't shine until Raid gear"(so, why create them?) and a lot of other points I bring otherwise.

First impression is everything. Or, rather, VERY important. And do notice how it is the grind hell that creates this friction. Not story. Not PvP(at least the equalized one). Not anything grind unrelated. I know that whales spend like 1000$ / month on BnS and that's why NC don't care(plus it's doing PHENOMENALLY in Korea, so they don't really care that much about the rest of the world - someone should really sic a Trumpoid manager after these imbeciles ruining potential at NC West: https://mmopulse.com/news/ncsoft-q1-2018-earnings-report-shows-blade-soul-as-strongest-non-mobile-mmo-while-aion-sales-increase ). It's basically two things that pit people against themselves in BnS: G.R.I.N.D. and B.A.D.(as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤) server / net NC West infrastructure. Everything else is actually quite good.

I would say stick to your assassin and gear him up, then once you have a decent assassin you can make alts to provide materials with your main. Depending if you want to gear your alts up or not is up to you.

On 2018-07-28 at 11:13 PM, Cor said:

In the past maybe not anymore, once you get the vt badge you don't need to 2rf anymore.

rf canceling is still harder than nay other classes rotation imo, except maybe earth des or smthing

Archived