[Suggestion] Riftwalk DawnForge Cost Reduction

Dropnote

i don't play too much because of my work and the university and i find pretty unfair the cost of upgrade in the alternative path for Weapon upgrade, i mean the most of old players took that path because they could farm the mats and get upgrade by themselves even if they hasn't a BT Raid. Since the raven nerf and the reduction cost for all the weapon raven series. the ones who upgraded to Rift/Dawn got without options and with the current economy inside the game(there's no way to farm moonstone if you're not good geared, pay with your mastercard or buy some gold. that makes pretty hard to the old players that took that way get a decent gear to don't be kicked in the partys. and even so, the upgrade cost is pretty unfair, just look at this Table where you can see the Cost going from Seraph/Balefull 12 Till Raven 6  using both ways.

5cajgl.png

the path in Dawnforge requerired 2x more mats than the raven one and u need to spent a lot of time farming peach to get the weapons needed for one upgrade. i think they should get the price fixed in the next "upgrade balance"

Uhh it doesn't really cost much more it's mainly amount of moonstones and elysians switched. Moonstone crystals are easier farmed than elysians (naksun) so rift/dawn is actually easier to upgrade in that aspect. Also including the switch cost from rift/dawn 6 to raven 6 when comparing the two paths is just wrong. No one is forced to go rift/dawn and then switch to raven so there is no reason to complain about the switch cost. If you only went rift/dawn because it was cheaper back then to get raven 6 and are still stuck there it's your own fault.

I myself am stuck at dawn rift 3 on my alts. I upgraded a long ago when it was still cheaper to go dawn rift 3 first. I asked for reroll but support said no, which was ok I guess since I upgraded a long ago.

But the fact remains that there are probably many players that are stuck like my alts.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Thicc Stoccpot:

I myself am stuck at dawn rift 3 on my alts. I upgraded a long ago when it was still cheaper to go dawn rift 3 first. I asked for reroll but support said no, which was ok I guess since I upgraded a long ago.

But the fact remains that there are probably many players that are stuck like my alts.

I have the same problem with 2 Alts :'D I hope they will add a path from rift/dawn 3 to raven 3, since I already got the raven weapon mats from raids :D but upgrading rift/dawn 3 -> 6 -> raven 6 is too expensive for this twinks :'D And it's sad that the better path (raven is way better than rift/dawn) is the cheaper one now :'D

5 hours ago, Cor said:

Uhh it doesn't really cost much more it's mainly amount of moonstones and elysians switched. Moonstone crystals are easier farmed than elysians (naksun) so rift/dawn is actually easier to upgrade in that aspect. Also including the switch cost from rift/dawn 6 to raven 6 when comparing the two paths is just wrong. No one is forced to go rift/dawn and then switch to raven so there is no reason to complain about the switch cost. If you only went rift/dawn because it was cheaper back then to get raven 6 and are still stuck there it's your own fault.

Yeah, it is always player's fault to do what they find the most beneficial in a moment, just to get rekted by following cost reductions. Poor those players who were happy when they final reached Raven 6 through non-raid path, just to hear they got a cost reduction two weeks later and Support Team refused to revert.

Elysian crystals will eventually become so abundant as you don't use them a lot in late-game. Meanwhile, moonstone matters for end-game upgrade. It would take you over 4,000 moon crystal for that, so it is better to save them from now.

Additionally, the fact that Raven path is now cheaper than a non-raid path, and everything for Raven can be bought straight of F5, You don't need a single run of Skybreak Spire to get raid materials for Raven. Meanwhile, you have to grind peaches, grind weapon chests from basin bosses and Irontech forge, then have to shoulder a conversion cost. Yeah, you spend MUCH MORE efforts and costs, for the same results. 

If anything, dawn/rift path needs an overhaul:

-For more time you have to spend on Rift/Dawn grinding materials, you should have the conversion costs deduced. Using one oil to convert to Raven 6 is already more than enough of a "punishment" for choosing a wrong path.

-Add Skyrok and Mechanizer weapon chests to peach farming, so that players don't have to wrestle with silly RNG. 

I feel your pain op, was in the same situation until not long ago, when I finally made it to Raven 6. Having spent an absurd amount as punishment for choosing Riftwalk when it was the cheaper way to get to Raven6 and Stormdragon didn't exist.
Rift/Dawn path should either be balanced in cost or eliminated. right now it's just a much more expensive path for a weaker weapon, that only leads into Stormdragon, which is the next tier of trap weapon. While Raven is not only stronger it is also cheaper and the only path leading to Aransu.

On 26.4.2018 at 10:17 PM, Cor said:

Uhh it doesn't really cost much more it's mainly amount of moonstones and elysians switched. Moonstone crystals are easier farmed than elysians (naksun) so rift/dawn is actually easier to upgrade in that aspect

Yes, it does cost much more. The numbers are right there for you to see. Huge difference on all materials (and gold) that both paths need and a ton of materials that are exclusive for Rift/Dawn path. I don't know what you were looking at but it's far from just a few moonstones and elysians. Even if you ignore the switch cost. which you shouldn't-

including the switch cost from rift/dawn 6 to raven 6 when comparing the two paths is just wrong.

It actually isn't wrong. You pretty much have to do that switch as soon as possible since Raven is superior on every aspect right now, and you can't go to Aransu from Rift/Dawn.

If you only went rift/dawn because it was cheaper back then to get raven 6 and are still stuck there it's your own fault.

You're right. Choosing the cheaper path.. how dare we.

• 2 weeks later...

i just log in after 2 weeks full of work and exams in the university just to find out the new ''Cost Re-balance" in those 2 weapons, as i found myself in a worst trouble than before i mean what's he point on add 3 Premium Transformation stone to the Riftwalk/Dawnforge Path but reduce even more the cost of Raven Path? it is so freaking ridiculous!!
72rf6b.png

i don't know how this would be a ''fair adjustment'' as they announce it is event worst, 2 weeks ago i was able to craft 2 Premium Stone spending the mats for 5 of them. i was going to update today but this... this seems to be pointless.

i think is even cheapest to create a new char and go all thought the weapon path again since u'll save a lot of gold and mats...

On 26-04-2018 at 4:17 PM, Cor said:

No one is forced to go rift/dawn and then switch to raven so there is no reason to complain about the switch cost. If you only went rift/dawn because it was cheaper back then to get raven 6 and are still stuck there it's your own fault.

yeah no one force me to get the rift instead of raven but how could you blame someone just for choose the cheapest path in that moment? i think you would do the same.

i just saw that "adjustment" and didn't know wether i should laugh or cry... this is just rediculous 6 premium stones for rift/dawn 3 to 6 to be finally able to go raven path since you have no other option to go raven before stage 6 when you didn't have mats to do raven path long time ago on alts.... get people that couldn't get hq weap so far trolled like this too?

1 hour ago, nanatsuya said:

i just saw that "adjustment" and didn't know wether i should laugh or cry... this is just rediculous 6 premium stones for rift/dawn 3 to 6 to be finally able to go raven path since you have no other option to go raven before stage 6 when you didn't have mats to do raven path long time ago on alts.... get people that couldn't get hq weap so far trolled like this too?

and what's worst... if you start ur weapon from Stage 1 you'll just spent only 80 more moonstone and you'll need to craft the empyream, but even if you buy it 5 empyrean = 2 Premium Transformation.

so is still cheapest than upgrade my currect riftwalk 3 to stage 6 i'll save a lot in other mats like Soulstone, the oil needed to Transform rift into raven, sacred crystal, void fragment and aransu orb. that without counting the time i must spent farming the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing weapons.

i think i MUST DO THAT since they will not help in anything and probably they'll just increase the cost even more for rift/dawn path.

Upgrading the weapon from stage 1 help you to save around 1500-2500 gold... as you said idk if i should laugh or cry

Am 26.4.2018 um 22:27 schrieb RyVerseLy:

I have the same problem with 2 Alts :'D I hope they will add a path from rift/dawn 3 to raven 3, since I already got the raven weapon mats from raids :D but upgrading rift/dawn 3 -> 6 -> raven 6 is too expensive for this twinks :'D And it's sad that the better path (raven is way better than rift/dawn) is the cheaper one now :'D

I will just quote myself xD I'm sorry twinks they just want you stuck on rift/dawn 3 forever :') such a ridiculous change:PoharanConfused:

4 hours ago, RyVerseLy said:

I will just quote myself xD I'm sorry twinks they just want you stuck on rift/dawn 3 forever :') such a ridiculous change:PoharanConfused:

you can start from stage 1 for ur twinks, it is cheapest :D or that is the logic for the staff, if you make a wrong choise you can always start again all the way long...

There are a few ppl that hit the nail on the head. I mean, what was the team thinking when they were "balancing" the cost in particular for the Rift/Dawn path. I've been comparing the costs between all sorts of paths and I'm almost at a point where it would actualy make more sense to make a new weapon from unrefined -> Raven 6 than upgrading from Rift 3 -> Raven 6. 

If I was to buy all the materials this wouldn't make any sense but I do have an excessive ammount of Soulstones, Sacred Crystals and Elysian Crystals. This also makes getting Legendary elements, Transformation stones & Empyrean spirit stones a bit easier for me.  The hardest part about upgrading for me personaly is Moonstones & PTS.

Unrefined -> raven 6:    297 moonstone crystals & 3 pts.
Rift 3 -> Raven6:     165 moonstone crystals & 7 pts.

The conclusion is simple for me: 132 Moonstones = 1188 gold (@9g each, note that these could be farmed) vs 4 pts = 2000 gold (@500g each). What's cheaper? :)

In my opinion the "balancing" team absolutely dropped the ball by removing regular transformation stones and increasing the Premium Transformation stones, they should have rather kept those the same as before and maybe increase the ammount of elysian crystals needed.

14 hours ago, Drizzeh said:

There are a few ppl that hit the nail on the head. I mean, what was the team thinking when they were "balancing" the cost in particular for the Rift/Dawn path. I've been comparing the costs between all sorts of paths and I'm almost at a point where it would actualy make more sense to make a new weapon from unrefined -> Raven 6 than upgrading from Rift 3 -> Raven 6. 

If I was to buy all the materials this wouldn't make any sense but I do have an excessive ammount of Soulstones, Sacred Crystals and Elysian Crystals. This also makes getting Legendary elements, Transformation stones & Empyrean spirit stones a bit easier for me.  The hardest part about upgrading for me personaly is Moonstones & PTS.

Unrefined -> raven 6:    297 moonstone crystals & 3 pts.
Rift 3 -> Raven6:     165 moonstone crystals & 7 pts.

The conclusion is simple for me: 132 Moonstones = 1188 gold (@9g each, note that these could be farmed) vs 4 pts = 2000 gold (@500g each). What's cheaper? :)

In my opinion the "balancing" team absolutely dropped the ball by removing regular transformation stones and increasing the Premium Transformation stones, they should have rather kept those the same as before and maybe increase the ammount of elysian crystals needed.

i agree with your opinion and i hope they listen, but i don't thing miracles happen...

This is the answer i got to my ticket about the same topic
"I definitely understand where you're coming from, but changes in-game are a normal part of the game, and it is usually done to help other players catch up as the game progresses further. These changes, however, are not retroactive. We know that some of the changes in-game are not favorable by many players, but, our only goal is to make the game more fun and to help other players to catch up immediately as the game progresses. Thanks for your understanding."

I don't know how this change can be a "help" to "catch up" the current gear requirements in this game

Archived