Trash class oscar goes to Force master

Alpernet

Why do people care about DPS so much? You don't get extra reward for being on top of the DPS meter. It is just about feeding the player's ego. That's all about it.

Bad DPS = not welcome to dungeon party? Lol...is this a joke? FM is needed everywhere rather it is in 12m raid or in F8 dungeons.

In conclusion, just play whatever class you like to play. There is no best class as this game occasionally do class balance once every few months. Sometime, you get nerfed; sometimes, you get buffed. 

19 minutes ago, Milennin said:

DPS is also decided by skill rotation and ping (ms) to the server. People with all the top gear might still do mediocre DPS because they have bad ping to the game servers.

you have a good point. Still tho i dont think FM is even close to being a trash class but that is my opinion. 

All you need to do is look at the leader boards here, and see for yourself where FM sits.  There are always going to be some stellar players that will dominate no matter what their class, but if you look at the leader boards for Toi and Island you get a clear sense which classes are dealing out the dps and which classes are lagging behind.  Neither ToI or Island require much skill once you understand the basic mechanics, it's just a pure dps race.

Less than KFM, DES. Ok. Since wind KFM is even top dps after gunner. But less than summoner, BM?))) Especially BM... BM?!)) Haha that's the lowest dps class, no? And what's more funny here you compare yourself with meele classes mostly. Sorry but as any range class you stay far away, napping there avoiding 99% of boss rotation and you compain on meele that outdps you...You know meele actually implement the rotation to dps? And who said FM is dps class? There are no DPS classes in this game.

59 minutes ago, Poporo said:

Less than KFM, DES. Ok. Since wind KFM is even top dps after gunner. But less than summoner, BM?))) Especially BM... BM?!)) Haha that's the lowest dps class, no? And what's more funny here you compare yourself with meele classes mostly. Sorry but as any range class you stay far away, napping there avoiding 99% of boss rotation and you compain on meele that outdps you...You know meele actually implement the rotation to dps? And who said FM is dps class? There are no DPS classes in this game.

Basically hes trying to make an excuse for being bad at his class, at least thats what i understand from his post. I know Forcemasters who deal crazy dps with not even as good gear as he has and he says FM is trash? Get real and learn your rotations.

21 hours ago, HolyZealot said:

"2017/12/30 BNS NA/EU Solo DPS Tier List" (reddit) is the database of the DPS of each class with max gear. It is based on screenshots of parse submitted or collected from all classes with max gear. According to this statistic that is collected over the recent patch from a large number of players, the DPS tier is:

1) Sin;

2) KFM;

3) Gun; 4) WL;

5) BM; 6) Sum; 7) BD;

8) Des; 9) SF;

10) FM.

So FM class does have the least DPS, given the scenario of max gear in current NA/EU with decent rotation, latency, and FPS. In addition, FM's awakened dragonchar only has 11.5 x AP damage, so it does not help in a party with soul burn.

While parse is an example for the potential of a class, it doesn't necessarily show the dps of a real fight with mechanics, iframes and party buffs.

Whether people like it or not, party buffs have a huge effect on the class dps and this game is still made for party play and not for solo play in many ways (except solo dungeons, where the all ranking is very questionable).

Our range tank (FM) on VT first boss deals up to 800k burst dps and stays around 350k dps plus/minus 15k until the healing phase (1:50min fight), which isn't that bad in my opinion. Of course there are classes that can deal 400k dps and more substain in the given party setup/solo, but personally i play a class because it's fun for me and not because it's the top dps. The only disadvantage could be that fm's have a harder life to find a random party for dungeons, which is actually not a point in these times, because people are calling for ap and gear requirements. I haven't seen a chat message like "don't take fms, they deal no dmg" yet. Furthermore I respect the most FMs i know and play with for their personality and not because they can show me their big dps. This is still a game which should make fun. If someone doesn't have fun, because his/her class is not top dps, the person is reduces the game to max dps = best player which is a poor mentality.

Skill changes/class balances are permanently made in korea, wait for them to come to the west and enjoy the playstyle of your class until then. It's not like the developers do nothing here, but it'll take some time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived