Feed the @#$@! hamster!

DirectorTseng

This is getting to be ridiculous, ever since the 2nd anniversary patch the game has been stuttering especially in Celestial Basin. Dropping from 50 FPS to less then 10, and 100 ping spiking to over 300. It's been at it's worse today and doing HH the game fully locked up to the point windows told me it had to be shut down, once going through the first gate and the second mid boss fight. I don't run a potato computer.. and while the FPS and ping is normal cause this game isn't exactly optimized for shit..is normal.. this issue has only started since the last patch. 

Get your shit together NCsoft.. can we go one patch where you don't break the damn server. 

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

This is getting to be ridiculous, ever since the 2nd anniversary patch the game has been stuttering especially in Celestial Basin. Dropping from 50 FPS to less then 10, and 100 ping spiking to over 300. It's been at it's worse today and doing HH the game fully locked up to the point windows told me it had to be shut down, once going through the first gate and the second mid boss fight. I don't run a potato computer.. and while the FPS and ping is normal cause this game isn't exactly optimized for shit..is normal.. this issue has only started since the last patch. 

Get your shit together NCsoft.. can we go one patch where you don't break the damn server. 

Seems like its your computer or connection. If it was a server issue, forum would be drowning in player complaints all over, but since its only you, get a better PC xD

24 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Or more like everyone is experiencing it and decide to wise up.

Ppl farming their Evo stone en masse will hit fps and it's a well known "perks" of CB.

No cb was still perfectly playable on a full channel before now it's full of stuttering. It's not because there are more people it's because new shader files were added with the Dec 6 patch which ruined the performance in some areas like cb.

1 minute ago, Cor said:

No cb was still perfectly playable on a full channel before now it's full of stuttering. It's not because there are more people it's because new shader files were added with the Dec 6 patch which ruined the performance in some areas like cb.

any better shader files.. or we can get away by removing some ?

7 hours ago, HateMe said:

but since its only you, get a better PC xD

I have a decent PC and can confirm lags and fps drops in celestial basin and lot of other places.

As for my pc:
GTX-1050Ti (I understand that it's closer to lower segment, but bns also isn't new game and graphics is far from AAA signgleplayers)
i7-8700k
32Gb of Kingston DDR4-3000 RAM

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

On this PC I played latest Dishonored on very high without any lags with 50fps@1080p, so I think it's a pretty good build.

I do dungeons with "optimize for combat" checkbox on and still have fps drops and sometimes lags and ping spikes. Also got few freezes during yellow quests in Solak, but I used max graphic settings at that time. I think fps drops because client is not optimized.

16 hours ago, Gennady said:

I have a decent PC and can confirm lags and fps drops in celestial basin and lot of other places.

As for my pc:
GTX-1050Ti (I understand that it's closer to lower segment, but bns also isn't new game and graphics is far from AAA signgleplayers)
i7-8700k
32Gb of Kingston DDR4-3000 RAM

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

On this PC I played latest Dishonored on very high without any lags with 50fps@1080p, so I think it's a pretty good build.

I do dungeons with "optimize for combat" checkbox on and still have fps drops and sometimes lags and ping spikes. Also got few freezes during yellow quests in Solak, but I used max graphic settings at that time. I think fps drops because client is not optimized.

It might be your processor, its a newer generation and those tend to have issues with older games since their architecture is different. You might try unparking your CPU and see if that will improve it.

I haven't messed with CB since the area first came out, when we had a few cosmetic things to buy from tokens acquired in an event there, etc.. I went back every once in a while, but just to check the vendor NPCs' inventory for anything new. That said, I haven't seen any adverse effects for myself, due to new shader files. However, BNS is a last gen game, so even mediocre PC parts should be okay with the settings lowered. I started BNS with a rig that was REALLY outdated, but my current rig, which is a Frankentstein'ing of hand-me-down and "then new" parts has run this game quite well, even with the still buggy 64-bit client. Just because "everyone else" isn't complaining about it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the guy's PC that's giving him trouble. The game has always been badly optimized, and we have lazy programmers and coders to thank for that, unless they're just vastly inept. Then again, this guy's PC might be like my older one. ww

On 1/29/2018 at 3:38 AM, HateMe said:

Seems like its your computer or connection. If it was a server issue, forum would be drowning in player complaints all over, but since its only you, get a better PC xD

If it was just me yes, but when your entire VT is missing orbs due to lag and stuttering no..it's not just me.

My computer is going to be able to run FF15 (which look at the specs they are insane) and if it was my connection I would know cause my husband who plays a more ping reliant game would be cussing more then normal. 

The game ran normally until the new patch, now it's hard to farm cb because of the stuttering.

Archived