We need better ncsoft support

i wanna die

Hi,

im writing this topic because i have experienced so many times that ncsoft support was unable to help me and asked me to do the same steps over and over..

i had written to them about fps issues many times before.. they sayd that it was my ISP fault for me getting long loading screens and they sayd that i was  getting those issues also because my account was corrupted... 

i made 4 microsoft accounts the past year because they sayd it was corrupted.. i have changed my isp to a different one too because they blamed the issues on my isp.. 

well now that i went through so much trouble to make accounts, change my isp and buy a new pc the fps issues still arent getting solved and i havent made any progress since last year. 

Im still in the progress of getting my fps issue solved. 

I dont understand what could be the problem.. i have bought a new pc and i could run bns on 80-120fps until it suddenly dropped and never got higher than 20.. I updated all the drivers, reinstalled windows, made sure it was never heating up, followed different guides on youtube and still i have made 0 progress in fixing this issue. 

My pc was never broken and i had someone to take a look at it to confirm. 

I have no idea what could be broken.. to all the others bns runs fine.. but to me its ridicilous.. why would bns run on 20fps when it could run on 100fps just a few weeks ago? 

With this post im mostly complaining about ncsoft support.. i hope they get actual people that know about computers and the game itself and dont just copy paste the same solution that i confirmed didnt work just a few paragraphs before the last one that they sent me. 

If you are using nvidia, make sure you set bns to use your video card instead of the integrated one in the nvidia control panel.

If you have one of the newest processors the game will run a bit worse since the game is not "coded" for the new solutions present in them.

Also check your max fps under options in the game on the sliders.

58 minutes ago, HateMe said:

If you are using nvidia, make sure you set bns to use your video card instead of the integrated one in the nvidia control panel.

If you have one of the newest processors the game will run a bit worse since the game is not "coded" for the new solutions present in them.

Also check your max fps under options in the game on the sliders.

I have checked the max fps settings in game.. ive tried running in 32 and 64bit, ive tried running on 0 grpahics and on full graphics, ive tried pretty much everything even changing gpus to run on and i updated all my drivers. 

12 hours ago, i wanna die said:

I have checked the max fps settings in game.. ive tried running in 32 and 64bit, ive tried running on 0 grpahics and on full graphics, ive tried pretty much everything even changing gpus to run on and i updated all my drivers. 

Ok whats your PC specs? I mean processor.

Yes, whats your motherboard, via? What video card? mmx? Do you defragmented your hard drive and what speed to reed information from it? 720? And do you atleast using same herc ram in your pc? And windows 10 for shure with 8 gigobites? no?

And they writing to support "for me game slow"...

1 hour ago, Neriux777 said:

Yes, whats your motherboard, via? What video card? mmx? Do you defragmented your hard drive and what speed to reed information from it? 720? And do you atleast using same herc ram in your pc? And windows 10 for shure with 8 gigobites? no?

And they writing to support "for me game slow"...

Read before you speak.

I wrote in my post that i ran bns on 80-100fps steady for a few months. I use the same pc.. If i got 80-100 on the same pc before why should i be happy with 20fps now on the same settings and the same game? 

3 hours ago, i wanna die said:

Read before you speak.

I wrote in my post that i ran bns on 80-100fps steady for a few months. I use the same pc.. If i got 80-100 on the same pc before why should i be happy with 20fps now on the same settings and the same game? 

Sometimes new windows updates can screw thing up. Check your windows update history and uninstall all the recent updates up until your fps began to have problem (remember to set the windows updates to be done manually only). Also, check if you have any auto updates on your video card drivers.

I would say 99% of the time, the support won't give you any solution even after you gave them the files they requested. They will just say "our server has no issue."

15 hours ago, i wanna die said:

Read before you speak.

That was not my question. It wouldnt suprise me if the released patches for spectre and meltdown basically killed your processors performance if the model is older.

Also, check if you are running the client is 32 or 64 bit and try both modes and see if thee is any improvement.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:24 AM, HateMe said:

That was not my question. It wouldnt suprise me if the released patches for spectre and meltdown basically killed your processors performance if the model is older.

Also, check if you are running the client is 32 or 64 bit and try both modes and see if thee is any improvement.

Sorry but they both run the same for the most part.. tried assigning different gpu but still

As i told you in the duplicate topic of yours here 

your main problem is probably the CPU boost. Your CPU has a low base clock, but can boost quite high. But it only keeps the high boost clock speed if a good cooling is being maintained. Otherwise your FPS will drop as the CPU clocks down. Solution: Laptop cooling pad, cold environment, keep Laptop fans clear, hope that manufacturer did a decent cooling solution. 

20 minutes ago, weaponzero said:

your main problem is probably the CPU boost. Your CPU has a low base clock, but can boost quite high. But it only keeps the high boost clock speed if a good cooling is being maintained. Otherwise your FPS will drop as the CPU clocks down. Solution: Laptop cooling pad, cold environment, keep Laptop fans clear, hope that manufacturer did a decent cooling solution. 

I'm pretty sure you are on the wrong post. The OPs are not the same and this was made a week ago

Honestly, this game isn't well suited for laptops. I had a custom built laptop a couple years ago with an i7 (6700HQ if i'm remembering correctly) and a 970m graphics card for over $1k. I would get around 50-60fps average on medium high settings yet I would still have long load times and horrible lag in populated areas dropping as low as 10fps. At that time, I couldn't even finish blackwyrm.

12 hours ago, weaponzero said:

I also second what @weaponzero already stated, though about a different thread, on your laptop prioritizing heat dissipation by ramping up your fan speed and turning off boost, I also had issues with cooling when gaming for long hours. This WILL cause your fps to drop even if you have a new laptop. As you had said it worked fine before but not you are having issues, i would check for recent updates to your computer. Maybe it might be affecting your laptop. However, in general, that's just how laptops are. They will degrade quickly mostly lasting you about 6months-1year in top performance. After that, you'll notice the difference in load times and cooling issues. The lifespan of gaming laptops are not long. Longest I had mine was 2 and a half years til the motherboard went bad. In that case, it'll be better to buy a new one than fixing it. Non gaming laptops on the other hand can last you much longer considering I still have a working one bought in 2012.

Secondly, bns is cpu intensive. If you have other programs running in the background, expect your fps to drop. From what I've seen on my computer, bns doesn't really make use of all your cores. That said, you will have 1 core that will be used up completely while very little spread out to your other cores/threads. Any other programs that try to use those cores as well will drop your fps. I would check for any programs running in the background that you don't know about and closing other programs like steam, skype, discord, internet browsers, etc... to see if it makes any difference.

IMO: Don't buy a gaming laptop unless you can only game on the go, still do LAN parties, get together with buddies and play LoL, or only play games that don't need more powerful hardware. The money I spent on my laptop, I could had invested in a desktop that would had outperformed it at similar to lower price.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎30 at 8:25 PM, weaponzero said:

i always use a cooling pad so that my pc wont overheat :/

It is the game, not your computer. NC support did the same thing to me too. Back when I was playing Aion, there was this game update right after Nvidia driver update, and the game was not compatible with it. So a lot of people, including me were having disconnection issues every 5minutes. They have given me the generic response and procedures to follow, however, nothing was solved and they finally told me that the team is working hard on it and as soon as they find out the cause of it, they will notify me, which they never did!!! Luckily, someone figured it out and posted it on the forum and it worked! :)

• 1 month later...

I came back after a few months in game to take a look at this issue again.. i updated my drivers and i updated windows. My fps got back to somewhat how it used to be. It still drops in crowded places but now its at least playable. So i think that there is a problem with how the newer drivers work on the game.. someone had told me that bns cant keep up that fast with making their game compatable with newer drivers.. though i dont think that this is true, but it was the only reason that i found possible but not likely 

Archived