Ultimate Hongmoon Skill - Ultimate disappointment

Kozuki

tl:nr: Ultimate skills need buff for PvE content.

+++

Ultimate skills have cool-looking animation. Ultimate skills have long casting time.

Just like those super-special attack that you save only for bosses in RPG games where you can quickly blast boss into smithereens upon the full gauge! No one can stop you execute the skill and sit back watching the cool animation and those sweet 9999 (or even 999,999) damage number to float up.

Or Ultimate skills as party-saver fully revive your party who only has one single character left waiting for his death.

Or Ultimate skills where it super-buff your party that raise all parameters.

Except that barely scratch a boss in this game.

Except that to execute an Ultimate skill, you spend time that deal insignificant damage compared to your normal rotation.

Except that if you can an AoE Ultimate skill, the skill will land on the ORIGINAL POSITION of the target when you start the cast. If the target move away from that location during your cast, have fun landing your hard-hitting skills into nothingness.

Except that every other players/mobs/their grandparents with walking sticks can interrupt your so-called Ultimate skills with a simple whack.

Except that you cannot use your skills for most of the time you need it, even though it is executed by your pet, not you (in case of Summoner).

Except for a few rare useful Ultimate utility, the rest are useless against PvE content.

Some people said: Ultimate skills are for PvP only, with a few rare exception that happen to be useful in PvE.

Yeah, we grind for PvE content, level up to lv55, just to have a so-called Ultimate skills that are only useful in PvP and virtually useless in PvE?

Seriously, the concept is old but still cool, but the execution of the concept is weak and forgettable. 

In short, these skills need serious buff for PvE side.

+++

Suggestions how to buff Ultimate skills in PvE:

1) Buff damage of G skills through PVE soul shields (not PvP one), the same way you buff restraint skill damage. 500k critical damage for 5s of casting is weak, which is equivalent to 100,000 DPS (if critical only). Normal rotation can deal like two to five fold that number. Make the damage worth the its long animation.

2) Make G skills that always land on the target's CURRENT POSITION.

3) Make Ultimate skills to give iframe to all classes, instead just melee. Even if weaker than normal rotation, Ultimate skills can still serve as an emergency iframe this way. Better than have a useless flashing gauge.

4) Quicken the animation, or allows to execute it on the move.

5) Rethink the purpose of Ultimate B skills that fit the class theme and useful PvE-wise. For example:

-Summoner: aside from multi-daze, it should either: mass rez who is in the range, or mass healing, or mass damage/status resist (currently only have status resist). Also, make it active with only one B. I don't understand why you need to press B twice for this skill.

-Gunner: their flashbang, aside from blinding who look at it, will also gives a debuff called "Exposed Weakness" that increases damage from all sources.

-etc.

6) Add more choice for HM Ultimate skills for players to choose. New skills maybe earned from dungeons/raids, and maybe even events.

I agree, ultimate skills do nothing more but look good. (some of them look cool)

34 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Ultimates are not meant to be spammed or used constantly. they are supposed to be a value add nothing more.

You should time them good and not just braindead try using them.

as a sin I use blink step like 99% of the time, why?
ultimate does 250k and with bb it does around 500k
while I dps I Can do three times more and if I use blue buff I can assure you that using ult iwith bb to get extra 50% is pointless since my burst alone do 3mil in like 10 sec.
therefore ultimates should be used as one time and be valued no the value in that to me is 0, they have no value unless you talk about blink step which is very usefull in pvp and pve situations.

14 hours ago, Kozuki said:

tl:nr: Ultimate skills need buff for PvE content.

+++

Ultimate skills have cool-looking animation. Ultimate skills have long casting time.

Just like those super-special attack that you save only for bosses in RPG games where you can quickly blast boss into smithereens upon the full gauge! No one can stop you execute the skill and sit back watching the cool animation and those sweet 9999 (or even 999,999) damage number to float up.

Or Ultimate skills as party-saver fully revive your party who only has one single character left waiting for his death.

Or Ultimate skills where it super-buff your party that raise all parameters.

Except that barely scratch a boss in this game.

Except that to execute an Ultimate skill, you spend time that deal insignificant damage compared to your normal rotation.

Except that if you can an AoE Ultimate skill, the skill will land on the ORIGINAL POSITION of the target when you start the cast. If the target move away from that location during your cast, have fun landing your hard-hitting skills into nothingness.

Except that every other players/mobs/their grandparents with walking sticks can interrupt your so-called Ultimate skills with a simple whack.

Except that you cannot use your skills for most of the time you need it, even though it is executed by your pet, not you (in case of Summoner).

Except for a few rare useful Ultimate utility, the rest are useless against PvE content.

Some people said: Ultimate skills are for PvP only, with a few rare exception that happen to be useful in PvE.

Yeah, we grind for PvE content, level up to lv55, just to have a so-called Ultimate skills that are only useful in PvP and virtually useless in PvE?

Seriously, the concept is old but still cool, but the execution of the concept is weak and forgettable. 

In short, these skills need serious buff for PvE side.

+++

Suggestions how to buff Ultimate skills in PvE:

1) Buff damage of G skills through PVE soul shields (not PvP one), the same way you buff restraint skill damage. 500k critical damage for 5s of casting is weak, which is equivalent to 100,000 DPS (if critical only). Normal rotation can deal like two to five fold that number. Make the damage worth the its long animation.

2) Make G skills that always land on the target's CURRENT POSITION.

3) Make Ultimate skills to give iframe to all classes, instead just melee. Even if weaker than normal rotation, Ultimate skills can still serve as an emergency iframe this way. Better than have a useless flashing gauge.

4) Quicken the animation, or allows to execute it on the move.

5) Rethink the purpose of Ultimate B skills that fit the class theme and useful PvE-wise. For example:

-Summoner: aside from multi-daze, it should either: mass rez who is in the range, or mass healing, or mass damage/status resist (currently only have status resist). Also, make it active with only one B. I don't understand why you need to press B twice for this skill.

-Gunner: their flashbang, aside from blinding who look at it, will also gives a debuff called "Exposed Weakness" that increases damage from all sources.

-etc.

6) Add more choice for HM Ultimate skills for players to choose. New skills maybe earned from dungeons/raids, and maybe even events.

I agree 100% with you.

Archived