1 Ncoin daily events.....

thieve

NCSoft is not a charity. You play for free because other people pay. Yes, free to play players bolster the player base numbers and are valuable, but someone has to pay the bills and you aren't doing that. If you can't afford $5 once a year to load up on NCoin for the semi frequent 1NCoin boxes, that's on you. $5 buys 400 days of 1NCoin boxes, more than you will ever see in a year, so honestly, it's an investment that would last at minimum a year and most likely 2-3 years if all you bought were 1NCoin boxes.

Is this game not even worth $5 to you?

Also, Facebook is not a good platform for use when it comes to spruiking free to play models. Facebook makes money from ads, the game makers make money from ads in addition to microtransactions. The ads you see are your cost for playing "free." NCSoft doesn't have ads; the two are incomparable.  Try again.

In  the limited amount of time the 1NCoin box is available, players will likely not accumlate anything (soley from those  boxes) that is going to grant them true pay to win status. I unsealed Sacred Oil is not going to 1100 AP make.

38 minutes ago, Maryelle said:

NCSoft is not a charity. 

Ironically, there are so many who love to emphasize on their various "donations" to the game. At least some people view it as a charity and not a business, and of course themselves as gracious philanthropists enabling the f2p people a chance to play. 

Just now, Khaen said:

Ironically, there are so many who love to emphasize on their various "donations" to the game. At least some people view it as a charity and not a business, and of course themselves as gracious philanthropists enabling the f2p people a chance to play. 

I believe it takes both f2p and p2p people to run the game.  You need a population playing and population playing and paying for their business model to work. So in saying that, I don't believe I'm a philanthropist - I pay money in exchange for a product (premium or outfits etc). I'm a consumer.

I don't have a problem with people playing for free - I know some people can't afford to pay at all due to genuine hardship (or no way to obtain NCoin). I don't mind if people don't pay because they are simply frugal. That's cool. I do, however, find myself annoyed as f--- at the people who constantly whine about the game: about how it's not fair, and this should be free and that should be free, and we need more stuff for free. The wardrobe needs to be free. We need inventory space for free. Basically, if there is something that people pay cash for, there are always free players who want it for free.

The game runs because of the balance of f2p and p2p. If everything is given away no one will be playing the game.

I'm not sure if the confusion is quite cleared away yet, but I believe the OP is talking about the RNG box that has the chance of giving a Maple Leaf - not the one you can buy for 1 NCoin, and not the box that you craft with all of the silly Thanksgiving ingredients.

I DO agree that feels unfair that the 1 NCOIN box doesn't even have the Maple Leaf in the loot table, and originally, before I realized that the leaf itself hides behind silly RNG, I wanted to just save up leaves for the wings that everyone thinks are so ugly. Lol

After buying two bundles of 50× RNG boxes, being about $140 USD, I've made a few thousand gold off of the mats and other junk that I didn't need or need any time soon, and most of that gold went into buying more boxes until I eventually just got the wings from RNG and the 36× Maple Leaves I needed to buy the Octagonal... Aquamarine, I think it was. Between all the stones available, that stone boosted my AP by 12, so that worked out okay.

I wouldn't have had to sell so much gold if the RNG on the leaves was better. It would've helped even more if the leaves came with a chance of having more than just ONE drop per box, and even if the 1 NCOIN box would drop 1. With things as they are, it would be too impractical to try to save 120× or so for wings or for more than one of ANYTHING in that Dragon Express tab, except for the Pet Pods. As dumb as that new upgrade material is, this event actually makes that a good deal for those leaves.

My first spin on the Hogs head Hamlet wheel got me the Revelry set box, so I had no more reason to spin that wheel, except for getting those sets for alts, which I later got 3× more of. At least with how I organized my alts and my main, I was able to craft 18~24 of certain mats to have 18+ chances at the items in that RNG box, per day. Originally, I used 18 boxes a day and sold the extra mats (From 10th alt), but as prices dropped, I'd buy the missing mats I needed to make either 24× or 30× per day.

So for the crafting part of the event, though ridiculously time-gated and reliant on having Lv11+ alts to craft mats for you, plus mailing fees, it's pretty fair, imho. It's just that 1 NCoin box that yields no Maple Leaves that I don't care for. -And with SO many extras of "Tempting Fate", or whatever that outfit is called, I sent one to each and every alt, being ten characters in all, and salvaged all the others. I'd prefer if I could get the pink dress ("Carnation"?) As many times to send to alts, but no... My inventory gets clogged up with the semi-okay-looking resin instead, and it's the one that isn't tradeable. Lol

It's a sale and isn't labeled as an event, the thanksgiving box is an event, get it right. Everyone is a free player. Why? Because no one is locked under a subscription based time limit to even access the game nor it is buy to play, hence free to "PLAY." 

2 hours ago, Laoshottie said:

It's a sale and isn't labeled as an event, the thanksgiving box is an event, get it right. Everyone is a free player. Why? Because no one is locked under a subscription based time limit to even access the game nor it is buy to play, hence free to "PLAY." 

I actually feel like my premium subscription is a "lock" for the wardrobe functionality. I've always paid for the year, and between our firat two years, when I was a little hesitant about paying for the 2nd, I let my sub run out and briefly lost the wardrobe. It's not important for everyone, as everyone enjoys games like these in their own ways, so it's a sense of what your own priorities are. For me, losing the wardrobe functionality sucked, because I've invested so much money into this game, mainly for cosmetics, but also for the mats to upgrade my gear and weapon, which also serve to support my fashionista lifestyle. Lok

Anyway, I know the wardrobe isn't important for normal progression in BNS, but because I feel that it's important, I feel a little "locked" into having to pay for a sub. Of course, some of the other perks are nice, like the TINY discounts off of items in the Hongmoon Store, but anyway...

People need to stop crying over this. The RNG box isn't really worth getting anyway and even so it just $5...cmon if u can't afford that i'm sorry for situation but i suggest find some part time instead of playing games because being F2P doesn't entitle you anything, just play. plus there other way of getting it just ask friends or clan members

14 hours ago, Maryelle said:

I believe it takes both f2p and p2p people to run the game.  You need a population playing and population playing and paying for their business model to work. So in saying that, I don't believe I'm a philanthropist - I pay money in exchange for a product (premium or outfits etc). I'm a consumer.

I don't have a problem with people playing for free - I know some people can't afford to pay at all due to genuine hardship (or no way to obtain NCoin). I don't mind if people don't pay because they are simply frugal. That's cool. I do, however, find myself annoyed as f--- at the people who constantly whine about the game: about how it's not fair, and this should be free and that should be free, and we need more stuff for free. The wardrobe needs to be free. We need inventory space for free. Basically, if there is something that people pay cash for, there are always free players who want it for free.

The game runs because of the balance of f2p and p2p. If everything is given away no one will be playing the game.

Oh, I was making a general observation based on the your opener sentence. It was not specifically aimed at you personally. There are countless comments all over the forums where people get all high and stuck up because they "donated" to the game. I was merely finding hilarity in the hypocrisy :D 
I do, however, believe wardrobe should be unlocked for all, since non-premium player doesn't necessarily mean non-paying players. 

On 11/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, thieve said:

Is this game aganist to free players? I know companies need makes money but which "smart brain" found this 1 Ncoin daily event thing? If u r free player u don't deserve even single RNG box a day?

Is it what u wanna say to us? What will lose the company from 1 box free a day to players? Even you should give "free" a day 1 box.Thats the "real" event for name of it.Is it too much "big" deal for u NCSoft? 1 box?...A day ??? Is it too much for u???If it is why u call "Truly Free" this P2W game? Why I call P2W I explain.Its so simple.If u see any game's market have 2 options: Cash only and game money u can be sure that game is P2W....Thats why these events free players cannot get even 1 single damit "RNG" box a day....

Must be very hard to ''Ask in Faction chat" who can sell it to you, there are plenty of people selling 5g each. very P2W!!

Ah! I JUST found out today, that the 1 NCoin box has a chance to drop the OTHER box that has the chance to drop Maple Leaf. Lol

I don't remember it being in the loot table before, but out of every box of that type that I've opened, so far,  this is the first I've seen it. It's not a super fast or better way to get the leaves, but at least now we know that the 1 NCoin box CAN get you a leaf.  ☆Shrug☆

no, you cant :), chance is 0.01 % :). As i said in other post (my post), you guys are all noobs, i am here from the FIRST DATE ON OPEN BETA !!!! If ncsof show % on the boxes, will have only GM and family on the server :). But, you all are noobs, soo, who care :)

i left this game 4-5 times, my best hero was hm10, when all was hm11-12. all this rng kill the game, i return, but no luck with something, so i left again, what ncsoft thing, that the game will survive with this rng in eu/na ??????and bless online coming, its worst, but its new game, so all will go there. i am from closed beta on wildstar, what happend with this game ?????????? ncsoft kill her, mxm arlready killed, now its time for bns, last chance with patch 55

Archived