Buying new desktop. Can it compete.

Pest

I currently play on a laptop throwing 20 fps max on low end settings, boosters, ect. and can't stand it.  

Im looking to buy a desktop on a budget that can handle good graphics and 60 fps. Are the specs listed below capable of this. I have my own ssd.

CPU: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri Quad-Core 3.1GHz APU 
RAM: 8GB (4 x 2GB)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 APU (Can Connect VGA, DVI, and HDMI) 
Operating System: Windows 10

Highly recommand you to have an Intel CPU instead of AMD, as well as a GTX instead of AMD.

On budget you can go for i5 (ealier generation) + 770 or 1060 (cheaper version).  That will give you top graphic + you won't regret regarding to the money you are going to spend on AMD stuff.

54 minutes ago, KurooSakura said:

This will NOT run BNS properly. You need a dedicated graphics card. 

With this system you will be lucky if the game even starts up 

Indeed. I didnt notice its APU. Integrated graphic cards are not for gaming. Surprises me some dont know that yet.

If you are on low budget...go for i5-2500 which is the best cheap option as CPU, a card between 80-100 euro, 8 GB RAM (at least)...and yes...an SSD.

5 hours ago, Pest said:

I currently play on a laptop throwing 20 fps max on low end settings, boosters, ect. and can't stand it.  

Im looking to buy a desktop on a budget that can handle good graphics and 60 fps. Are the specs listed below capable of this. I have my own ssd.

CPU: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri Quad-Core 3.1GHz APU 
RAM: 8GB (4 x 2GB)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 APU (Can Connect VGA, DVI, and HDMI) 
Operating System: Windows 10

Ok listen up, forget the derailers and those spouting assumptions and reinforcing preconceived notions. I'm about to refute some of what people here are claiming.

1) The specs you give will run bs, but it will not run it at maximum graphics and even on low/mid.....you will not get 60fps, it will be 30something to 40something frames....pressing F most of the time mind u. How do I know? I speak from experience, not assumption. I have a laptop I use for work/class and its an A8 apu(llano not kaveri) and I get about 30something fps just standing in world on mid settings. Your experience will be identical, I'm not assuming or asking you, im telling you.

2) SSD get an ssd, at LEAST a 120gb ssd. That WILL fit blade and soul on it, along with your operating system and general use programs and still have space for windows/application updates etc. I cannot stress how much of an improvement in load screens you will get using a high read/write storage device to put blade and soul on. A 120gb ssd ranges from 50 usd to 70 usd, google is your friend.

3)The pc in question you are buying. Do not buy this, moving from a low end to a very slightly better low end makes no financial sense whatsoever. None. If you cannot wait, then you will buy this and suffer for it, wishing later on that you did. Save up a little more and at least get a dedicated gpu, be it an amd r7 360/rx 460/rx 560/rx 550 or an nvidia gtx1050/gtx 1050ti/gtx1030....just get a dedicated gpu or don't bother at all.

3) Cpu choice. The old AMD cpus are trash across the board given their price to performance, yes that's a valid argument. To make the same argument for the new ryzen series? No. That argument would be invalid. One can buy a 2017 amd or intel cpu and still get sublime performance on blade and soul with either chip how do I know? Again, speak from experience and not assumption.

I've managed to spend far less money on a rig and get NO PROBLEMS playing blade and soul while I can refer to many bns discord/ingame chats of game problems on rigs with intel(even 7700ks mind you lol). Marketing always tells you to throw money at a problem and that is alot of bs being eaten up by the youths today. Throw reason behind a problem, not money. If you can, throw both but never just money.

In mushin's tower with crowded people I dont get lower than 60fps with a crowded area and in world, with no one or few people near by, it goes as past 100fps easily. In dungeons/arena/instances, I dont have any problems. Easily above 76fps and thats more than playable(my monitor is 76hz refresh rate). World bosses etc with a shit tonne of people(say like when beasthog or msp boss was popular with 24man raid(idk if it still is, I dont play as much anymore),  still dont have to so much as tweak my graphics but I get like high 40s low 50something fps without pressing F. While pressing F, it easily goes up to 100fps+

And this is on amd rig I spent LESS THAN 1000 DOLLARS FOR in terms of parts that make up the functional pc which are motherboard, cpu, graphics card, psu, ram, case, 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd and a cpu cooler. These things I mentioned come up to exactly 949.25. I plugged it up, configured it and never had a problem with bns. Installed the game on the ssd that also has the OS and other programs installed on it and right now it has 30something gigs remain on the ssd at any given time.

But enough of me talking without backing up my claims: 

KxuYqRT.jpg

UbyaG57.jpg

SEQpbFa.jpg

UserBenchmarks: Game 69%, Desk 80%, Work 75%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 89%
GPU: AMD RX 480 - 68.9%
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 73.2%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 94.3%
RAM: Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 2x8GB - 102.9%
MBD: MSI B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
RxxiaA3.jpg

z3qmeuF.jpg

With that being said, your best choice for a budget build is either to wait till you have enough money to buy, at the very least;

1) a b350 motherboard cheap ones go from 60 usd to 80usd(mine actually cost 80usd) https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_4?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=b350+motherboard&sprefix=b350%2Celectronics%2C176&crid=3OAENWR11VIZT

2) a ryzen 5 1200 or 1300x cpu for 110 https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=ryzen+3
Christ, if you want to go even cheaper but be able to swap out the cpu for a more powerful one later on you can even buy an althon x4 950 for 64 dollars https://www.amazon.com/AMD-AD950XAGABBOX-Athlon-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B074CL7JWL/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507602461&sr=1-1&keywords=athlon+am4 and put it in the same b350 AM4 socket motherboard and it will work. Granted its not that fast but I can bet the cpu is still cheaper and just as fast as the A8 apu you're going for(which u shouldnt buy btw) and you have the motherboard which you can keep even if up upgrade to a 1800x for god knows what reason.  Did I mention you dont have to worry about a cooler? All cpus mentioned in this point come with one.

3) 8gb ddr4 ram starts from about 60usd and goes up in price. You can buy 1 stick of 8gb ram and get another stick later but 8gb is more than enough for normal pc use and enough for blade and soul. It wont make sense getting 16gb now anyways if ur strapped for cash cuz the tier of hardware u will be getting isnt that capable of multitasking anyways. Buy the xtra ram later if ur gonna upgrade later on.

4) Psu, the power unit is like 50 dollars usd go up for a 500w supply google is your friend. Avoid off name brands like apevia etc. Brands like rosewill, corsair ofc, xfx, enermax etc are good.

5)Graphics card, rx 550s start from 85usd https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=rx+550&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Arx+550 Or you can buy a gt 1030 which starts from about 73usd, even cheaper.

6)Storage, 120gb ssd goes for about 50usd to 60usd. 1tb hdd go for about 50 to 60 usd. Check on-line for those, they're abundant.

With that being said, your cheapest solution with 60fps+ on blade and soul will be
b350m motherboard: 70usd

x4 950 cpu: 64usd

8gb ddr4 ram: 62usd(https://www.amazon.com/Gloway-2400MHz-Desktop-Heatsink-Compatible/dp/B01EHFW722/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507603305&sr=1-7&keywords=ddr4+8gb+ram)

PSU: 500w for 50 - 60 usd

Graphics card: 75 usd(https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT-1030-AERO-ITX/dp/B0711GBCKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507603375&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+1030)

Storage: ffs, 120gb ssd start from 50usd lol(https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=120gb+ssd) with 1tb hdds starting from 50usd(https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=1tb+hdd&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3A1tb+hdd) so thats 100 usd

Thats 431 dollars total. The rest can be spent on a cheap case or a better processor imo but thats the gist if it. I've effectively done most of your research for you.

Don't go AMD. AMD is only good if your software uses lots of cores (which BnS doesnt). 

What you need for BnS is high single core performance. Even a new i3 is better than whatever APU you have, or whatever Katu Kat suggested. 

New i3's have HT, can overclock (I think?) and high single core performance. Ideal for BnS.

3 hours ago, amokk said:

Don't go AMD. AMD is only good if your software uses lots of cores (which BnS doesnt). 

What you need for BnS is high single core performance. Even a new i3 is better than whatever APU you have, or whatever Katu Kat suggested. 

New i3's have HT, can overclock (I think?) and high single core performance. Ideal for BnS.

Lol did you read through the whole post tho did you look at the screenshots :S ? And yes, even new i3 is better than whatever apu one has. But get this, here is your cheapest new i3 cpu: https://ark.intel.com/products/126688/Intel-Core-i3-8100-Processor-6M-Cache-3_60-GHz at 117 USD suggested price. Any i3 cpu older than this(kaby lake and older) has two cores and 4 threads not 4 cores.

So yes, only the new i3s have hyper threading. But wait, there's more...the current i3 with 4 cores and 4 threads is available but you conveniently forgot to mention that one cannot buy any low end/mid ranged motherboards for coffee lake until next year and the current coffee lake motherboards out right now cost more than 100usd(120+) these are the highest tier chipset motherboards, the z370 chipset. But wait, theres more...the current coffee lake cpus are not backwards compatible with the kaby lake chipset/motherboards, even though they have the same pin array lol. This is due to coffee lake cpus consuming more power compared to their kaby lake counterparts. A low end i3 on coffee lake right now is a waste buy.

Not only that, the cheapest i3 which is 117 usd cannot overclock. It is effectively a locked cpu(without the K in its naming) so anyone that buys this and then buys the only available board which is z370 chipset boards(which costs more than the cpu btw lol) that can over clock...would be wasting money because of 2 main reasons:
1) They cannot use the overclocking feature of the 120 dollar+ motherboard
2) They would have effectively spent 120+117...a total of 237 usd...for cpu and mobo alone....thats more than half of the budget I allocated in the previous post and the build isnt even finished yet lol. 117 dollars for a cpu, when the r3 1200 costs 110 dollars and allows one to buy a cheaper motherboard AND still use over that motherboard 3 to 4 years from now(since amd isnt changing their socket for a very long time, main reason being their architecture is extremely scalable)

110 dollars for an r3 1200 vs 117 for an i3 8100. The former(r3) allows you to buy a cheaper board AND has a higher upgrade path AND has a socket with longer support. The latter cant even get you a mid ranged motherboard at the moment lol. And get this, both of them will perform identical when playing blade and soul. See the screenshots I posted, compare those numbers to ANY intel system(i5, direct competitor, same tier) and you will see there is either negligible difference OR NONE AT ALL. What you're assuming is based mostly off marketing and mindshare bs. Its not fact, its not even a case scenario as you haven't brought forward anything to refer to.

Also, buying a used intel/amd rig weather its a used kaby lake i3 or older...or a used apu/athlon makes 0 sense when there are brand new alternatives for either the same price or just a little more in cost(20% to 30% more) than the apu setup they're thinking of buying. Not only that, the brand new alternatives GIVE ROOM FOR HUGE UPGRADES 3 to 4 years from now.

The op has two sensible options:
1) If the cost of a new entry level system is still too much(even if it is, its gonna be by 30%, no more) they should wait, save that extra 30%(or less) and buy the entry level tier parts I mentioned brand new, no problems...no replacement of mobo needed if an upgrade is on the table later on.

2) If they have that 430something usd to spare, just buy the parts i mentioned brand new ez pz. r3 cpu, b350m motherboard. 110+70 == 170 dollars for cpu and motherboard, right now...not next year, not this christmas. Right. Now. And continuing indefinitely. Christmas/black friday, they may even slash the prices AGAIN like they did with the r5 cpus and r7 cpus a few months after launch earlier this year. r7 1700 was 330usd at launch, now its 295usd as of right this instant: AMD-Ryzen-Tech-Day-Lisa-Su-Keynote-29.jp
ziU5PNj.jpg

Same thing happened with r5 cpus...same thing may happen for the r3 cpus come holiday time. If op is diligent and willing to put in the effort for searching and listening out for sales/price slashes(which isnt much effort tbh cuz they're already good value as is) they can get a build together for 500 usd or less and be able to play blade and soul at 60fps on mid settings. How do I know?

I stepped up from an athon x4 880k cpu and a r7 360 graphics card. Played bns on that tiny rig at medium settings and got 60fps in dungeons/world/arena etc..in bosses/crowds it was dreadful tho, was getting low 30s and 20something fps. But yea, the idea is the game is playable at 60fps mid on entry end intel AND amd hardware. How do I know? I'm not assuming, its fact, ive done it...I've set up rigs(both intel and amd at the time) that also do it. Shit, I sold my old athlon and r7 360 gpu to one of my friends and they play bns on it daily, mid/low settings...60fps+. If you dont believe, ask and the fps benches for the game on that hardware will be given. I'm not bs anyone, im speaking from experience. Not assumption.

3 hours ago, amokk said:

More facts:
GKpCQAq.png

Amd's most current cpus(ryzen) have just as good single core performance if not just slightly less across the board for either the same price, less price OR better value.

Since I have build my own PC-s in the past 17 years, I can give you one advice that pretty much is 100% accurate.

- NEVER listen to people who tell you that INTEL si better than AMD....or AMD better than INTEL. Same can be said for ATI/AMD cards. (although with e slight difference).

During the course of history...and also at the present, both INTEL and AMD have had their advantages and disadvantages over each other. Yours as a consumer is to make sure you know what you WANT, how much you can PAY and what product gives you the BEST regarding these two things. Not always one option (be that INTEL or AMD) is  the best option. 

Intel has higher single core performance. That has been proven in all benchmarks. Same clock speed, same generation -> Intel is in the lead in all benchmarks, except in Software that utilize many cores - which is where Ryzen shines. I'm not saying Ryzen is bad, quite the contrary. It's the Software being used that makes Intel the slightly better choice.

I upgraded from i5 3470 to i7 3770. My FPS went up quite a bit, and the only thing that changed is the clockspeed. I recently changed from i7 3770 to i7 7700k. ~15-20% more power in general, higher clockspeed (OCed to 4.4). And holy moly, 60 FPS in raids easy, everything set to max.

In regards to Intel, you can even buy a cheap 50-60€ pentium (performance almost as good as i3) if you're on a budget. 

I don't know the current prices as I didn't have to limit my budget (hence why I went with i7 7700k).

I'd say, check your budget and what you can build with both brands and compare them. That Intel is slightly in the lead in single core performance is a fact, period. Same generation, same type of CPU and Intel should yield at least 5-10% more FPS in BnS. 10% doesn't sound much, but it can be a very big difference for some people.

18 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

Since I have build my own PC-s in the past 17 years, I can give you one advice that pretty much is 100% accurate.

- NEVER listen to people who tell you that INTEL si better than AMD....or AMD better than INTEL. Same can be said for ATI/AMD cards. (although with e slight difference).

During the course of history...and also at the present, both INTEL and AMD have had their advantages and disadvantages over each other. Yours as a consumer is to make sure you know what you WANT, how much you can PAY and what product gives you the BEST regarding these two things. Not always one option (be that INTEL or AMD) is  the best option. 

The worse part about that is listening to people, who have put forward little to no proof mind you, literally tell them something and they still listen anyway only because its what they wanted to hear lol. As opposed to someone else, who's made references/put forward proof and is willing to prove anything left unproven. Back to front reasoning indeed.

well seems all the nerds are here now 

Don't listen to anyone man that system is fine all you need is a dedicated gpu, preferably something above GTX 960 or AMD R9 380. 

From experience i can tell that a quad core Intel is BETTER than a six core AMD for gaming since I've had both. (upgraded from FX 6300 to i5 6600). 

But get what your budget allows you to. If need be wait a few more weeks and save up some more so you don't regret your decision in the future. 

22 minutes ago, KurooSakura said:

well seems all the nerds are here now 

Don't listen to anyone man that system is fine all you need is a dedicated gpu, preferably something above GTX 960 or AMD R9 380. 

From experience i can tell that a quad core Intel is BETTER than a six core AMD for gaming since I've had both. (upgraded from FX 6300 to i5 6600). 

But get what your budget allows you to. If need be wait a few more weeks and save up some more so you don't regret your decision in the future. 

That system they're gonna spend money on will not run the game properly even on mid/low. My laptop uses similar tier parts(mobile A8 apu) and the performance is abysmal. You're basically pushing them in the wrong direction just to sate your ego.

Another thing, I've literally provided proof to back up all my claims and it blows my mind how im being shot down by others who've literally had nothing but words so far to substantiate their claim. If saying something and proving it is being nerdy for you then thats your problem, not mine. Dont make it the op's problem as well, please. I just came by to give a through input(along with giving evidence) on what their options should be vs what they're being told(again, without any proof). 

Archived