Times to create new rules for alts in arena

joenator

We took care of Wintrader & Booster but i think it's time to create new rules about people creating an army of alts to exploit ladder, this new Madness spreads like a virus, since few weeks  a bunch of low IQ top ranked players creating as many alts as they can to farm rewards in arena and ruining everyone game experience...We are playing in a game with the worst community, so special rules have to be create when those adults lack of maturity and act like 10 years old kids, there is soo many players who stoped/quited because of that, ping & balance is an issue of course but people behavior too. I think one rank / class is enough so if people playing with 5 characters same classes only the higher character will have rewards / be visible in the ranking and of course if your playing different classes this rules don't apply, so when all those pve heroes will decide to try pvp they will occupy the rank they deserve and that will be a good source of motivation for everyone instead of letting 3 guys occupy top 30 for months... what can we lose anyway punishing those people? Nothing, they don't pay anything their only function at the moment is destroying the ladder.

I think it is a positive thing players are getting good in arena in all classes. It was especially encouraged by NCSoft because of the new mix and match championship format which allows for flexible class choice.

And while using an alt of the same class will not fit this purpose, it does mean these people play more matches and help keep the arena more alive and the queues shorter.

Many of them have mains in the desert rank of high platinum / diamond where they would have to wait 40 minutes for a match up. Creating an alt is a way for them to keep playing without having to use sparring constantly.

It also helps with the rewards that are abyssmally low for PvP players in comparison to PvE players. And I mainly mean HM coin for costumes here, as PvP players have little use for anything else. Of course PvX players can draw from PvE and PvP rewards, but then just the time invested to get ranking rewards in PvP would net you 10 times the HM coins worth in gold from PvE.

So all in all I think we just need a much larger reward pool, so that lowbies can also benefti form it. Something in the scale of ToI rewards, with payout starting at rank 5000...

You seems to don't understand my point of view, playing multi class is ok but aiming one class and coming with a dozen of alts same class don't help the arena being alive it's the opposite, when you keep fighting the same person and this same person coming with alts...it's still the same person lol, who probably will destroy you if he has Nothing to do in your range... they don't just create one alt, the average number is 4/5+ now, so one for the rank and an other one for derank/ rank up is not enough ?

Your talking about the desert rank, but why exactly it's a desert rank? the answer is simple, when only  3 people and their alts occupy top 30 it's pretty obvious that the rank 5 for example who would have been  close enough to be able to challenge the rank 1 or 2 won't  be able to reach the rank he deserve because being farmed by alts.

A larger pool won't really solve the problem it's not about rewards it's about evolving in a good environement to motivate people to pvp again because imagine if there were 5 brazil / 5 spain / 5 France football team at world cup? what the point watching/participate ?

3 hours ago, joenator said:

Your talking about the desert rank, but why exactly it's a desert rank? the answer is simple, when only  3 people and theiralts occupy top 30 it's pretty obvious that the rank 5 for example who would have been  close enough to be able to challenge the rank 1 or 2 won't  be able to reach the rank he deserve because being farmed by alts.

I get where you are comming from. Technically, i also didn´t get top 5 because ryuki had 3 sins in top 5. Though, i personally don´t REALLY care too much about as the top 5 costume looks garbage on my char (imo) and so i don´t really get too much from it. Sure, rank 1-3 would have been nice because you get a lot more hm coins, but 4 and 5 does not really do too much.

I don´t personally really want players to only play arena for the rewards and fame and what not, i do think it´s the wrong attitude. But at the same time i (kinda) get it and don´t really think top player should care about rank 1-5 being just them. And for ranks it´s fine. Ofc, if you play to get better you want to see your ranks rise eventually. But, i do not think a select few people being really good and occupying a lot of the top ranks prevents you from doing so. All of top30 is a great excaggeration. You should easiely get top30 on any class if you´re good enough. Just takes time and practice. But you don´t have to be a god to reach that.

It´s just having multiples of the same class makes it more fun as when you´re actually high ranked you can 'chill' on another char, not tryhard and still play arena anyways. And you can also rank up multiple times threw out the season without having to derank (because deranking is boring too...). And then ofc there are the super tryhards, like ryuki training for the tournament (i assume) who just rank 3-5 chars into however high they can get them.

A solution would be sort of simple. It should still be possible to get multiple chars of the same class (in fact i even think they should let us buy more char slots then there are characters for that purpose so we still can have one char of every class on the same account). They should just make it so that only your highest ranked of x class gets displayed and when you hover over it, show all of them. About rewards idk though. I think it would be fine if they give everyone the highest reward they could have gotten with the new or the old ranking. Maybe not the top 5 costume, because thats supposed to be somewhat rarer.

Don´t really think that´s on top of ncsofts priority list though... lul

And another thing "a bunch of low IQ top ranked players" "those adults lack of maturity and act like 10 years old kids"... if anything you should blame the system not the players. They are not doing anything wrong here. You don´t have to try to make them look like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s, just because you want your rewards to be increased or something.

I will give 2 solution, even tho I'm sure I will never be listen to:

1. No rewards for alts of the same classes on ones account.
  2. Give the possibility to use an auto derank system: for those who wanna keep enjoying their class & not wait hours for 1 tag at max rank.

Derank system: you choose yourself a rank number objective & as long as you don't reach it u can't derank. But you can if you reach it and theres is a cooldown of 2 or 3 weeks to use the deranking again.

Only loophole of those 2 suggestions would be if people who really really farm to prevent the others from getting hcoin and creating multiple accounts.

Again I know ncwest will never listen to me but at least I tried to be nice & useful.

2 hours ago, N3ro said:

And another thing "a bunch of low IQ top ranked players" "those adults lack of maturity and act like 10 years old kids"... if anything you should blame the system not the players. They are not doing anything wrong here. You don´t have to try to make them look like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s, just because you want your rewards to be increased or something.

So how should i call them? because there is no rules they can do whatever they want, it's not their fault ? what kind of adults act like that ? no rules, no limit... this is exactly why im refering to them as kids, i played game where game designer didnt have to put tons of rules, people were mature enough to not abuse/exploit the game...

And how many time should i repeat myself i don't care about rewards i care about the game, you know what? they should delete every rewards in arena, i don't know if you were  there first few months when game was alive,  there were no rewards and people were playing for fun and to become strong, not to abuse ladder...

The problem we have now in arena is people still don't understand why it's dying, like if ping & balance were the only reason, but trust me there is a lot of people who just stoped the game or just turned into pve hero because of this clowns fiesta, and don't think its just 3guys in top 30 creating alts, it's 50% of ladder.

45 minutes ago, joenator said:

So how should i call them? because there is no rules they can do whatever they want, it's not their fault ? what kind of adults act like that ? no rules, no limit... this is exactly why im refering to them as kids, i played game where game designer didnt have to put tons of rules, people were mature enough to not abuse/exploit the game...

And how many time should i repeat myself i don't care about rewards i care about the game, you know what? they should delete every rewards in arena, i don't know if you were  there first few months when game was alive,  there were no rewards and people were playing for fun and to become strong, not to abuse ladder...

The problem we have now in arena is people still don't understand why it's dying, like if ping & balance were the only reason, but trust me there is a lot of people who just stoped the game or just turned into pve hero because of this clowns fiesta, and don't think its just 3guys in top 30 creating alts, it's 50% of ladder.

I was playing first month. The times where you could be diamond with rank50 class ranking lul. Sure, was fun. But i don´t think alts is what´s making everyone quit. People quit because they either get bored, or they get too strong opponents and they can´t deal with it, or think the balance is sh*t or the entire game. Sure, alts contribute to that part, but it would happen either way because as the game gets older people have a lot more experience (those who constantly played since launch) and the game also inevitably gets less popular over time. So ofc now it´s much harder to get anywhere then back then when you could get diamond and still be a plep, like me back then. I know for a fact that if i would have started just now i would get farmed by every single class for months. It´s not easy to get new players into arena just like that. It´s better if they just focus on making the existing pvp playerbase happy instead. Sure, make it as easy for new players to reach 50 and get every skill they need, but from then on out they are on their own. You can´t magically inject knownledge into them so they have fun in arena. It´s gonna get harder for new players. HM skills aside that does not even matter, might as well give that to players for free. It won´t help them too much.

And i think the amount of pve players farming pvp with multiple chars of the same class is pretty limited at best. Because you mentioned the pve hero cloun fiesta thing.

You know what pve players do in arena? We have a pvp "event" now. The costume is sh*t, but appearently there is something worth having. Because all those pve players are now making AFK tag parties to farm the daylies on all their chars. Don´t even know if they care about the "win one game"-quest. They don´t do top 30 on multiple chars to collect rewards. That´s pvp players who then buy hm skills and costumes for more alts of the same or a different class or both, like i do and then do more arena.

Like, really the only thing that might be bad for arena is that people who do have multiple of the same class then occupy multiple places in top50 and then those who care too much about ranks get pissed. That´s it. Rewards ain´t hurt arena. They help it substain if anything at all. Because otherwise pvp players would have to do massive amounts of pve for their alts wether it´s the same class or another.

Thinking about what N3ro said, how it's sad when PvE players just afk for a PvP event.

I think something that might draw more earnest PvX players into arena would be an actual item type you can only acquire via arena. Something with a stat boost that you can only obtain and equip if you are 1v1/3v3 rank gold /plat / diamond (of course with progressively better stats). Make it just half as strong as souls and half the PvE player base would suddenly PvP.

And that's not unfair: considering how 50% of all the gear that is 6v6 relevant is only obtainable from boring PvE dungeons, they should give the PvP side some love too.

the point of alts imho is different from rewards and such.

not being a wl, idc about fact top 15wl is filled by tenah/areaz/fragola.

even being a destro, idc about fact top 5/7 des is filled by mr b.

But honestly, finding silver filled by alts at any time of the day makes me pretty annoyed, since i go do arena for messin around and having fun, not to find lvl 40-45+ bd/sin alts bming for a whole game while im just focusin on tryin a new build for the heck of it. I wanna do arena at low elo (1700-) for the fun of doing it, especially considered the event goin on shud bring more newcomers to the arena ladder and enable them to climb at least to 1500-1550 by just doin what they know abt their class in pve.

So, the point here is just that havin shtloads of alts climbin the ladder is just annoying and makes ppl not willing to do arena. At 1500 ure supposed to face 1500 rating players, not a 1900+ who wanna farm rewards on his alt :D but ye once u face alts for 10 matches in a row u just get annoyed.

How do i judge if someone is an alt or not?
Someone lvl 40 who plays neutral in silver and repairs wep during aerials obviously is an alt. A regular lvl 40 doesnt even kno what neutral game is, maybe doesnt even kno what his skills exactly do, considering lvl 50 is 2-3days playing without hurryin or stressing too much.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:30 AM, Jafon said:

the point of alts imho is different from rewards and such.

not being a wl, idc about fact top 15wl is filled by tenah/areaz/fragola.

even being a destro, idc about fact top 5/7 des is filled by mr b.

But honestly, finding silver filled by alts at any time of the day makes me pretty annoyed, since i go do arena for messin around and having fun, not to find lvl 40-45+ bd/sin alts bming for a whole game while im just focusin on tryin a new build for the heck of it. I wanna do arena at low elo (1700-) for the fun of doing it, especially considered the event goin on shud bring more newcomers to the arena ladder and enable them to climb at least to 1500-1550 by just doin what they know abt their class in pve.

So, the point here is just that havin shtloads of alts climbin the ladder is just annoying and makes ppl not willing to do arena. At 1500 ure supposed to face 1500 rating players, not a 1900+ who wanna farm rewards on his alt :D but ye once u face alts for 10 matches in a row u just get annoyed.

How do i judge if someone is an alt or not?
Someone lvl 40 who plays neutral in silver and repairs wep during aerials obviously is an alt. A regular lvl 40 doesnt even kno what neutral game is, maybe doesnt even kno what his skills exactly do, considering lvl 50 is 2-3days playing without hurryin or stressing too much.

I totally agree with this. I enjoyed my time climbing in Halo 3 cause of how the skill ratings worked. Every opponent was about your skill level. A little higher or a little lower. Then 3months later I'm PvP 50 and join an unranked and see the difference. It's pretty hard (and irritating) to try to learn when you keep getting smoked by some 2000+ guys alt using advanved tactics when youre trying to just get simple muscle memory and basic combos down. Throw in some random ping spikes, disconnects, game crashes and other bulls*** bugs, and it really kills the mood.

its just boring to play 1vs1 arena and get raped from all these top 20 players with their twink army. you wonder why the pvp community @ higher ranks is so small? you give the answer with all your twinks...

btw. you see how interesting pvp is for a huge amount of player at threads like this. nearly no one cares^^

Archived