What class is the best for PVE ?

Seraphh

Hi, i used to play this game 2 years ago and i had an assassin but after so much time i dont know wich class should i choose. I'm mostly interested in PVE but i also like PVP. If someone would be so nice to make a top 3 classes for pvp and pve ?

Whale means someone who basically bought everything through real money. Get used to it that certain people here in the forum try to push their flaming into everything they find.

Most classes are more or less equal in terms of damage in PvE, the same goes for their usability. So it mostly depends on what you want; Melee / Range? Easy to play? Mobility? Easy to play would be Force Master and Summoner imho. Soul Fighter is pretty fun, has alot of iframes and can switch between melee / range, while having a good dps too. Warlock and Sin / KFM as buff classes. Blade Master if you want to be tank.

That's it, nobody cares about your dps in pve. As long as you have the ap requirements, your utility is more important (soulburn,party iframe,taxi).

Bns is not a theorycraft game, there's no real optimization difference & we all have basically the same gear to upgrade with the same stats. Even elements does not make u singular. You play shadow just take accessories with shadow, u want lightning just take light but its basically the same numbers.

And at the end of the day if you're pay2win even with the worst spec possible u will outdps everyone that is not...

As long as you know your rotation, ur utility & the mechs(kinda easy in this game) of the bosses you can play whatever you want.

That is why, even without trolling we can say the best dps class in pve is whale.

Too many people beating around the bush instead of just answering your question so I'm going to tell you straight up. Until you get endgame gear, there definitely is a difference in dps. I would say forcemaster, sin and bd are easily the top dps classes for pve and warlock is up there with them. However this balances out when you get raven gear. But to say there is no difference early on is like saying a kfm or destro will easily reach the same dps of the 4 I mentioned with the same gear and if both are doing correct rotations, it just won't happen.

10 hours ago, Kyrrua said:

Top 3 pve

1: whale

2: whale

3: whale

28 minutes ago, Lemy said:

Too many people beating around the bush instead of just answering your question so I'm going to tell you straight up. Until you get endgame gear, there definitely is a difference in dps. I would say forcemaster, sin and bd are easily the top dps classes for pve and warlock is up there with them. However this balances out when you get raven gear. But to say there is no difference early on is like saying a kfm or destro will easily reach the same dps of the 4 I mentioned with the same gear and if both are doing correct rotations, it just won't happen.

but if you read a bit ( forums or reddit) no one cares about low geared players dps (not even i as a low geared player) because, or, you have almost BIS gear and the dps from ANY of the classes is almost the same and you are doing hard mode and the latest and greatest raid  OR you just don't need more than 750-800AP and a brain (and non retarded party members)  and do normal dungeons

3 hours ago, Dotimus said:

but if you read a bit ( forums or reddit) no one cares about low geared players dps (not even i as a low geared player) because, or, you have almost BIS gear and the dps from ANY of the classes is almost the same and you are doing hard mode and the latest and greatest raid  OR you just don't need more than 750-800AP and a brain (and non retarded party members)  and do normal dungeons

I never said they did care, I don't even care personally and I already have some of my raven gear. The OP asked a specific question so I gave the answer to the question that was asked. Maybe he just wants to see his self at the top of the dps chart in dungeons and don't care that everyone has similar dps in endgame.

There's not really a "best" class. Your class choice just determines what type of utility you end up having. So I can only give you some pro's and cons for each class to the best of my ability (I tried most of these):

Assassin

+ Stealth makes levelling and running through mobs easy and painless. Can also be used to cheese some older bosses. 

+ Has access to Fighting Spirit (blue buff), a party stealth/iframe, taxi, and party stealth, projectile shield

+ Very high damage when geared

+ Has all types of double CC readily available

- Kinda sucks at tanking

- No untargeted iframes except party stealth

- Melee with very limited ranged attacks (this can lower your overall DPS on bosses which jump around and makes it harder to avoid boss attacks)

Blade Dancer
+ Tons of iframes and survivability with defense spin

+ Grab and party iframe utility

+ High burst damage with early build, high sustained damage with later builds

+ Very fast, mobile class. Can dash almost infinitely as long as there are targets

+ Very good at CC'ing without losing DPS. Only loses DPS when speccing double daze.

- Melee

- Seems easy to play at first but requires good cooldown management to maximize DPS

Blade Master

+ Tanking class, has spammable block

+ Brings party iframe and projectile shield

+ Good single-target and AoE damage 

- Melee

- Current best/most-played build is fire, which means high competition for fire accesoires in BT

Destroyer

+ Party utility includes grab and shielding of people recovering chi

+ Good AoE and single target skills

+ Spin is an all around good tool for extra movement speed, defense, CC resist

+ Can go the cheaper Void weapon path instead of Raven

- Needs endgame gear to have competitive DPS

- Lacks in party utility compared to other classes

- Melee

Force Master

+ Ranged, so doesn't have to worry about most boss attacks

+ High DPS, both AoE and single target without switching build

+ Party utility with freeze, which is unique in its kind and doesn't share cooldown with other party utilities. Also projectile shield

- Most-played build is fire -> expensive BT accs

- Can mess up other Force Masters in the party (seriously, don't be that guy)

Kungfu Master

+ Tanking class, has spammable block/counter

+ Has blue buff

- Hard to master

- Melee

Soul Fighter

+ High burst DPS with Z + RMB, can be used to cheese solo content in record time

+ Party utility is healing and HP boost, which is mandatory for upcoming content and party resurrect

+ Can go ranged stance if needed (but should stay melee as much as possible for DPS)

+ High mobility and a lot of iframes since the two stances don't share Q/E/SS cooldown

- Ranged stance lacks DPS

- Switching stance can be awkward at start

Summoner

+ Very easy to play

+ Party utility includes nice heals and a party stealth/iframe, and a party resurrect 

+ Can cheese a lot of solo content. Cat can keep the summoner away from harm.

+ Cat is a separate customizable entity, with its own outfits and grooming. If you're into that.

- Damage is on the lower end of the spectrum

- Needs to know how to control the cat or can cause party wipes

Warlock

+ Soulburn, arguably the best buff in the game. Can be used to cheese solo content (not as much as in the past, but still)

+ Ranged

+ Can get away with being undergeared for a dungeon because soulburn is wanted in parties

- Thrall can mess up aggro if you don't know what you're doing

- Low mobility

If anyone feels something in this post is wrong, please tell me. I'm not a pro at every class.

3 hours ago, Cauli said:

Kungfu Master

+ Has blue buff

- Hard to master

- Melee

The rest is accurate but I don't think you did the kfm enough justice xD but everyone always forget about this. They also have great offensive buffs such as giving a higher crit damage throughout the entire fight with their x and v and that stacks up to 10 times I believe. They have a grab restraint as well but not sure if that's used as often. I think that kfm is more of a offensive tank and blade master a defensive tank based on their utility.

21 hours ago, Cauli said:

There's not really a "best" class. Your class choice just determines what type of utility you end up having. So I can only give you some pro's and cons for each class to the best of my ability (I tried most of these):

Assassin

+ Stealth makes levelling and running through mobs easy and painless. Can also be used to cheese some older bosses. 

+ Has access to Fighting Spirit (blue buff), a party stealth/iframe, taxi, and party stealth, projectile shield

+ Very high damage when geared

+ Has all types of double CC readily available

- Kinda sucks at tanking

- No untargeted iframes except party stealth

- Melee with very limited ranged attacks (this can lower your overall DPS on bosses which jump around and makes it harder to avoid boss attacks)

Blade Dancer
+ Tons of iframes and survivability with defense spin

+ Grab and party iframe utility

+ High burst damage with early build, high sustained damage with later builds

+ Very fast, mobile class. Can dash almost infinitely as long as there are targets

+ Very good at CC'ing without losing DPS. Only loses DPS when speccing double daze.

- Melee

- Seems easy to play at first but requires good cooldown management to maximize DPS

Blade Master

+ Tanking class, has spammable block

+ Brings party iframe and projectile shield

+ Good single-target and AoE damage 

- Melee

- Current best/most-played build is fire, which means high competition for fire accesoires in BT

Destroyer

+ Party utility includes grab and shielding of people recovering chi

+ Good AoE and single target skills

+ Spin is an all around good tool for extra movement speed, defense, CC resist

+ Can go the cheaper Void weapon path instead of Raven

- Needs endgame gear to have competitive DPS

- Lacks in party utility compared to other classes

- Melee

Force Master

+ Ranged, so doesn't have to worry about most boss attacks

+ High DPS, both AoE and single target without switching build

+ Party utility with freeze, which is unique in its kind and doesn't share cooldown with other party utilities. Also projectile shield

- Most-played build is fire -> expensive BT accs

- Can mess up other Force Masters in the party (seriously, don't be that guy)

Kungfu Master

+ Has blue buff

- Hard to master

- Melee

Soul Fighter

+ High burst DPS with Z + RMB, can be used to cheese solo content in record time

+ Party utility is healing and HP boost, which is mandatory for upcoming content and party resurrect

+ Can go ranged stance if needed (but should stay melee as much as possible for DPS)

+ High mobility and a lot of iframes since the two stances don't share Q/E/SS cooldown

- Ranged stance lacks DPS

- Switching stance can be awkward at start

Summoner

+ Very easy to play

+ Party utility includes nice heals and a party stealth/iframe, and a party resurrect 

+ Can cheese a lot of solo content. Cat can keep the summoner away from harm.

+ Cat is a separate customizable entity, with its own outfits and grooming. If you're into that.

- Damage is on the lower end of the spectrum

- Needs to know how to control the cat or can cause party wipes

Warlock

+ Soulburn, arguably the best buff in the game. Can be used to cheese solo content (not as much as in the past, but still)

+ Ranged

+ Can get away with being undergeared for a dungeon because soulburn is wanted in parties

- Thrall can mess up aggro if you don't know what you're doing

- Low mobility

If anyone feels something in this post is wrong, please tell me. I'm not a pro at every class.

Pretty accurate ☺

There is a class tier in pve, however a lot of the people here go by the age old gaming attitude: anyone better geared than me is a whale, anyone worse geared than me is a noob.

Unfortunate dps tiers change with each new item release and skill change patch, so telling you what the current tier is might not help you in the future. 

Anyways, currently, top burst dps classes are Assassin and Soul Fighters, followed by Force Masters. Top sustained dps is Blade Dancers. This is assuming you have current BiS gear for each class of course.

Force Masters have always been one of the top pve dps classes since release. However, if you want to play a "wanted" class, I highly recommend Soul Fighter, Assassin or King Fu Master. Many top clans are recruiting those classes exclusively at the moment because of upcoming raid.

Btw, KFMs are getting a huge buff with the next gear update so they will be one of the top tier dps classes in the future.

In pvp, it depends on whether you favour team fights or 1v1. If you are only interested in equalized arena, BD, sin and WL are the top classes. FM got a respectable buff recently but this class has the highest learning curve going from pve to pvp. If you are interested in 6v6, good classes (with ascendant weapon) are destroyers, summoners and FMs.

Archived