PVP 6vs6

kymura

KKK lately i has been tilted because of lfp pvp i keep getting non-geared player on same team or i had to play against non geared players.

ik this whole pvp system is about rank but cant this get change like making 2 kinds of pvp for those who are geared and for those who are not geared

i feel bad for enemy and sometime for my self becuase we keep getting non-geared players

6v6 is meant to be geared based PvP. People knowingly enter this mode with sub-par gear and generally expect to get carried so they can get Battle points easier, if they don't get carried then it's still a win for them since they get Battle Points out of it either way and don't have to worry about gearing up.

No point in feeling bad for players who knowingly enter this mode without being properly geared or trying to step in the right direction with PvP gear.

like im not talking about points right now, im talking about rank 

like they should put rank and normal pvp in different options so they who want to troll and afk and still want to get points can go on normal pvp btw the other who actually want to get a higher elo should get the potion for rank pvp

Then that would defeat the whole purpose to actually doing a Ranked 6v6 if there's going to be a plain normal 6v6 with no ranks involved. Think of it like the current situation of Big 4 dungeons, Normal and Hard mode. There's no real benefit of doing Hard mode since Normal mode is straight DPSing now so why bother doing Hard?

People who are higher geared would be able to farm Battle Points much easier with Normal 6v6 since there's nothing stopping them from fighting low levels/geared people now.

The rank in 6v6 helps with not having to go against high geared/skilled players that often if the more serious ones do 6v6 often. Sadly all high geared people don't do 6v6 often so that's why you run into high geared people at lower ranks(me included) since they don't 6v6 all the time to get a higher rank.

Creating 2 separate PvPs for 6v6 would just cause more problems than good.

Yes 6v6 is meant to be gear Base PVP, I enter this Knowing this. the problem is that seeing as how I have no gear whatsoever. I'm going up against people that can one hit me, while I literally cannot hit them all.

On top of this, seeing as how I have to damage a target or do something in the battleground to get points.

If the second that I go to hit somebody they Dodge, Immune etc. immediately launch me in the air, and one hit me. I do absolutely zero. The whole match except for getting killed constantly.  I cannot do objectives because I get instantly killed. the match ends I get zero battle points. And can't progress my gear while the whale gets to shed on everyone left and right.

Yeah, fun gameplay design. Really helps the new guy get gear right. Oh that's right I'll never get gear because I can never contribute. What's worse than an AFK, a guy that Tries, is useless, and gets a repair bill.

Oh and another thing. The only time anyone Q's for this, is when there's whales playing. When the whales are not logged on, and it's not frenzied time. You literally will sit in the queue for over 30 minutes. Due to no one playing this ridiculously stupid design, that is solely designed by NCsoft to Cater to high gear players so they can shut on low geared ones.

And even if I was to magically be able to get 75 points or above, for every loss. Seeing as how people only play this for a couple hours each day. How long would I have to play to be able get gear good enough to compete. I will forever be behind, Waste of a new person's time.

1 hour ago, achika said:

Yes 6v6 is meant to be gear Base PVP, I enter this Knowing this. the problem is that seeing as how I have no gear whatsoever. I'm going up against people that can one hit me, while I literally cannot hit them all.

On top of this, seeing as how I have to damage a target or do something in the battleground to get points.

If the second that I go to hit somebody they Dodge, Immune etc. immediately launch me in the air, and one hit me. I do absolutely zero. The whole match except for getting killed constantly.  I cannot do objectives because I get instantly killed. the match ends I get zero battle points. And can't progress my gear while the whale gets to shed on everyone left and right.

Yeah, fun gameplay design. Really helps the new guy get gear right. Oh that's right I'll never get gear because I can never contribute. What's worse than an AFK, a guy that Tries, is useless, and gets a repair bill.

Oh and another thing. The only time anyone Q's for this, is when there's whales playing. When the whales are not logged on, and it's not frenzied time. You literally will sit in the queue for over 30 minutes. Due to no one playing this ridiculously stupid design, that is solely designed by NCsoft to Cater to high gear players so they can shut on low geared ones.

And even if I was to magically be able to get 75 points or above, for every loss. Seeing as how people only play this for a couple hours each day. How long would I have to play to be able get gear good enough to compete. I will forever be behind, Waste of a new person's time.

That's why you gear up before going in? I mean you are able to use PvE gear in there mixed with a PvP Soulshield. Mind you, you don't need Whirlwind/Beluga Soulshields either to make a PvP soulshield set efficient enough to survive and get kills.

You don't need to do 6v6 to progress through your gear, PvE gear at least. If you want a PvP weapon(Galaxy) then there's an alternative in getting Galaxy Fragments. You can do 1v1 and 3v3 if you happily enjoy PvPing and don't want to get one shot the minute you enter. Then after getting Galaxy Fragments needed all you have to do is basically PvE to get the weapons and mats needed to upgrade the Galaxy weapon.

The fact that they gave alternatives and yet you still want to say you can't gear up for it? I can't feel any sympathy unless you've done all that you could to gear up properly. Yes, there will still be whales out there that can kill you but I know for a fact that it doesn't happen every match. There has been many matches that I've been the only geared player between both teams and I only have a Raven Stage 3.

And before you assume I'm one of the whales and I could never understand your situation then you're wrong. I've been doing 6v6 since it first came out and have seen and dealt with the progression of whales and their gear, them being able to do high amounts of damage due to their gear being way higher than mine and utterly taking me and my team out in matches. Instead of giving up I went and geared up properly. Once Raven came out I again fell behind and had to deal with getting killed fast but I was still able to get kills from time to time. But instead of giving up when there was a chance to again I still worked and got my gear up to be on par with the whales. Now Ascendant gear is out and yeah I still am able to die fast but at least my gear is on par with them to kill them as well even if it's just a Raven weapon + Challenger/Whirlwind ss that I've been using for ages.

Tldr; Take the time to gear up before complaining about the competition. I understand that yes, the whales are annoying and make it extremely boring and frustrating to do 6v6. Not saying you have to have gear like the whales but if you're knowingly entering 6v6 with no critical defense, no piercing, 800 AP, practically nothing PvP related then expecting to live? That's your own fault.

That kind of funny to see people arguing how easy is to gear up for a new player...

My advice to all of you just go for it, press the button looking for a match, the matchmaking is broken anyway most of time teams are not balanced.

Whales will always told you to try to gear up but it's too late, NCwest made sure that new players will never catch up so don't waste your time .

Try to be carried 10times in battleground so you can buy 5 part of pvp soulshiel, that a start...

• 2 weeks later...

I made a post sort if related to this issue. Honestly though, if you take the story mats, get a galaxy weapon, and start doing arena for frags, it will help a lot. You won't die in 1 hit. Maybe 2 XD.

They also made them super cheap to upgrade now. 

Yea I don't get the matchups either. Usually I'm in bronze, get a taste of silver, then beat back into bronze fairly quickly. In these ranks there are still tonnes of max geared players. 1k+ ap with 170k + hp.... I notice the system will make matchups based on rank and in theory that should work but I'm guessing max ( near max) geared players care more for bp farming and probably 'disconnect' themselves from their battles when their rank is too high in order to fall back into bronze for easier kills.  I don't think there really is a solution to stop people from doing that..

Archived