Should I try the game again?

Hello there. Been a crazy amount of time since I was anywhere around here. I think over a year has passed actually.

I left way back then because the game was going downhill fast. Recently I heard the game is actually pretty decent.

Before I play again though, I want to get caught up on information and what all has happened since then.

I'm not super inexperienced, was a level 50 FM before I left. But I know that an MMO can change a ton.

Any major changes I should be aware of? I don't really care much for class balance since FM and magical fist fighter have been favorites, but I want to know mechanical and general changes.

How is the situation with hackers and bots? Is it the apocalypse like a year ago, or are things under control to the point of MMO norm?

How is the community? I play on Mushin (Gold preorder from way back when, so I'm not leaving it.), and the last time I checked the game a year ago, everywhere I went was silence.

Faction chat was silent, region chat was silent, populated cities were silent, even with clearly non afk players. Do people actually talk and have fun now?

Should I start a new character? My level 50 FM already had gear struggles from a 2 month hiatus I had back then due to sickness, and I imagine those struggles would be even worse now.

Pirate gear and all that. Last I checked nobody even runs that stuff anymore.

Is gameguard still around? I can still play with it around, but it was an annoying system hog, and was often the cause of FPS drops when playing for me.

If it is still around, is it less of a problem now? Because that would make playing quite a bit easier.

How are things in regards to factions? Last time I played mushin was a very blue dominant faction server. Are factions interesting now, or is everyone still all on the same side and making the pvp part of factions be entirely pointless and nonexistent?

Did they ever finally add a 3rd dance?

28 minutes ago, Moonstruck said:

Way too many words, so I just read the title... Yes, you should

This tells me nothing and does not make me want to start up the game again.

I desire information, and it is that information that will make me decide to return or not.

There has been a massive skill revamp and talent overhaul which left some classes better off than others. If you enjoyed KFM and FMs, they're still going strong.

There are still bots in dungeons and open world but it's more than likely less than what you experienced back when you played.

Servers were merged into server groups and last time I heard, Mushin and Poharan were where the cool raider kids hung out... dunno if the raiding clans are there now or not since I've spotted comments saying Mushin's were dying and transferring. Chat is lively if you're on the dominant faction, minority faction chat is always dead.

Depending on where you left off in the story, you can get caught up to average levels of gear pretty easily now. You can salvage your weapon for a better weapon but hang onto your hongmoon accessories if you have them. It's pretty easy to hit 750 ap now because of the talent revamp (you no longer spend hm level points on skills, they go into offense or defense which boosts you a lot). Try out your FM and see how far you get, starting a new character is super easy now, but you will have some small advantages over a new character with your old one.

Yes, GameGuard is still here, yes it still sucks.

Faction PvP is still broken and dead, devs have said they won't do anything about them.

Not for free, some event outfits and store bought outfits have special dances or emotes though.

8 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

This tells me nothing and does not make me want to start up the game again.

I desire information, and it is that information that will make me decide to return or not.

If you have no reason to play... dont play... what problem?

Go and find some pokemons.

Those who quit the game will do it again on every little issue. This game was never that bad to make you quit. If you quit means this game is just not for you, stop forcing it on yourself and move on. 

Major changes:

- Massive boost to faster/cheaper item progression to more easily catch up with endgame

- Black Tower 24 raid as hardest challenge / biggest reward has more or less split the player base into two power tiers. This is reducing but not gone with introduction of alternative weapon evolutions

- Skill and HM point revamp. Very much easier and faster to spec at the cost of slightly less flexibility.

- Two new classes: Warlock and Soulfighters, 3rd soon coming up (Gunner)

- 6v6 has more or less replaced open world PvP. It's 60% gear, 40% skill and both have a steep and very wide range. Expect shocking start experience.

- EU/NA are going to the world championship. Current format is a mix and match style with both 1v1 and 3v3.

Hackers/botters:

Personally have not had an encounter with them for over 6 months. Seems to have become much less. Unless you count people that call anyone who is afk a bot.

Community is like it has always been: Nice and great between friends and in clan, full of trash talk in faction and region chat. Random groups in between, depends on who you get. Also explains why people stick to more private chat channels. ^_^

No matter if you use your 50 FM or start from zero, you can catch up very easily to a certain extent. Pirate gear etc has been replaced by an alternative faster path, check the news article on that from a few months ago.

Everything up to Seraph / legendary will be super fast, then it will slow down. Don't expect Raven gear within a month, though. :/

Well as @Shuchin  said.

Believe or not .. your AP / gear won't matter that much and if you have pirate you should be well at around 750 AP...  and if you play more or less daily and do all the purple quests daily , then you will have enough gold to buy all the things you need in a short amount of time...  ( short = a month )

So.. if you find a clan to take you.. you get leg. gear a lot faster since failing it will be very rare... if you do all the purple dung. you get 40-50-60 gold without drop.

A leg. drop is 100g. if you get it just for 100g you are very lucky.

NF and the belt is more rare and I got the chance to get it with randoms for 300g... but since I did NF only 25 times.. and I saw it twice.. I guess it's not hat that bad I guess.

NS .. you should leave that for later or only go with good gear clan members, forget about randoms you will never get a party.

BT.. yeah you might need some gear first because you will just die and wont be able to survive even the first boss... you will need to spend money on antipoison if you miss the buffs and so on..  plus .. yeah.. you will get hit by some AOE dmg.. I'm guessing, so try to take BT off your list as well for now..

6v6 .. sometimes you get 1 shot.. sometimes you actually get to do something...  I would give it 50-50 win rate... it's really not balanced at all.. and it wont be.

Bots.. there still are some.. but not as many as back in the day... and they are easy to spot so .. block.. report. and that's that.

I returned as well a month ago in this game..and just like you.. I had pirate, no gold, no ss... and in a month ..  stage7 , neck, belt, ring, ss, leg. pet aura... you can do it if you have time and some luck at some things.

I just started doing bt that's a good way to get some gold because of the bids that go sky high.. so .. it's not worth it at this point... but it will be in another month after you hammer down all the things that you need to be sure you get picked to do the runs and have the gold needed to bid.. keeping in mind some bids start from 500g  and can reach 2000g

Community .. never had the chance to talk with any apart my clan.. so .. I would say.. find a clan

Well, after some helpful posts and some....less than helpful posts (Seriously, do some of you just not want any new/returning players?) I have decided to try this game again.

While I could start my FM again, I also have no memory of how to play. I honestly might just start a new character so I can relearn how the game works.

Was also around for soul fighter and warlock. I was actually talking about soul fighter in my original post. "Magical fist fighter" KFM has no magic.

The change to HM levels is interesting. I guess some things will be a lot easier than I remember them.

Skill/Talent revamp only makes me be even more sure of making a new character. Huge changes compared to back then.

I suppose a clan would be nice, I'll look into some good Mushin clans. I wonder if anyone from the alpha days are still around...

Rather glad to hear the bot apocalypse appears to be over. Such will not be missed.

"Nice"....isn't the way I would describe the majority of the community. At least back at the start.

Perhaps that has changed now.

Factions are the same as always, from the sound of it.

This is all of the information I desired, so I'll get going.

Good Luck! ^_^ 

Some other changes are the clans, there's Competitive Clans, which all clans before the patch changes got turned into and have all the original features like uniforms, crafting items. The newest addition, Clan Wars, rewards the entire clan with exp, zen bean, battle ground and peach currency boosts. Then there's Social Clans, these are cheaper to start than Competitives and require no management whatsoever, people can come and go as they please and have 20 slots more than Competitives, they also offer some discounts that Competitives have but lack all other aspects and perks.

The Hongmoon Store can be accessed even in cross server lobbies and a Training Room has been added which may or may not be helpful, it needs some tweaks imho.

There's new dungeons and raids, get Midnight Skypetal Plains and Dawn of Khanda Vihar unlocked asap after you hit 50.

Archived