Stop gating emotes behind certain outfits

Alysha Hawkeye

There are more and more wonderful emotes in this game. However, whenever they are released, they are always gated behind certain outfits, like /groove behind Summer Groove, /prance behind Northern Star. The most annoying example is the dance from the Ploggle suit: it looks very nice, but you gate it behind a stupid-looking outfit. Try hitting the lazer in Candycloud Park and see yourself how the dance looks like without being inside that yellow variant of the pig costume from Windrest.

Another extreme one is Sweet Treat/Pure Affection. It is extremely rare for players owning these outfits to meet up with each other wearing these outfits, and it is even rarer for them to know there is the couple dance emote.

I think NCSoft should start to sell the emote SEPARABLY, instead of keep attaching them to only single costume. They can sell emote command to F10 store, which allows players to use bought emote on every costume. When need to make the emote unique, NCSoft can sell them in a bundle of outfit, like /rise can only obtained by buying Phoenix outfit set, and you're free to /rise regardless of outfit after purchase.  

Wow i didnt know that Sweet Treat has couple dance mode. I need someone with Pure Affection to teste it now XD

And I agree I really didnt like the Northern Star outfit so didnt buy it. But it has really sweet dance emote. Wish i could have it without the outfit.

That couple dance is so lovely. <~<

I was happy, they released "Pure Affection"! My Friend and I was so excited~  A Partner-emote yay!

We bought both that outfit "Pure Affection" for the Emote, but you cant use it with the same gender. You need Sweet Treat. .3. ....

For female its the same.

I hope they change it... for all emotes.

This.

Stop this NCSOFT; a whole other growing thread is up about people wanting candycloud/ploggle dance seperate, the demand is obviously there.

Hell, people didnt KNOW there were dance commands attached to some of these outfits.

Do yourselves a favour and listen to us.

I wouldn't mind if they were locked behind outfits IF they were informing us about this! I was darn lucky to have bought the Sweet Treats for myself and once I learned Pure Affection was needed to give emote I immediately bought that for my boyfriend. It is really ridiculous that outfits have dances and it is not announced anywhere. That is just bad marketing and poor advertisement.

5 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

Hell, people didnt KNOW there were dance commands attached to some of these outfits.

That! If i would have known that Sweat Treat and Ploggle have a dance, i would have bought both ... but I've heard of it far after there where gone ... *sadface*

And it would be even more nice, if we could use these emotes without having to wear it, Why not unlock it after purchase or wearing the costumes for first time and from that moment on its add to the characters emote list. 

Please forward this. 

I think it's ok to have emote linked to outfit... HOWEVER, this should be kinda like achievement. Just like we unlock skills, we would unlock emotes by "Equip following outfits:". And so, even after you change outfit, you can still use emote. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Figorix said:

I think it's ok to have emote linked to outfit... HOWEVER, this should be kinda like achievement. Just like we unlock skills, we would unlock emotes by "Equip following outfits:". And so, even after you change outfit, you can still use emote. 

Yes i totally agree and please if any devs or community manager can see this can you submit it to dev team, the possibility to unlock it as an achievement then let us use it permanently, because all those effort put creating others dances are a total waste if you can never use those dances... took me 4days to find someone with "pure affection" outfif, spaming the tchat.... those kind of feature could have been welcome during first few months when servers were crowded by people, rich kids or even role players people but its no longer the case.

And for god sake inform us those dances exist !

Archived