The game has not become easier, only the whales became lazier

Danteee

I see those whales who got to spend so much for old legendaries and now it became easier, they whine that newbies don't have to spend so much like them to get it. But now they're at raven, with new contents to play everyday, while newbies even when they get the old legendaries, they won't be able to do raven or higher contents because old legendaries are outdated. I saw those with seraph/baleful stage 6 died and failed with contents in EC, DT, NF everyday. Still half of them cant even run Yeti properly.

What's the matter with easier geared up? You always spend so much money to get it without even trying to play the contents. Why you care if other people can get it like you or not? All you ever care is to feel superior with your virtual items. Now why don't you spend more to get even newer gears and keep your feelings the same? Or you don't want to spend more so you want the devs to keep it the same so you can still feel superior without spending anymore? Playing games is to enjoy the contents of the game, but all you want is to find a place where you can feel superior with only couples of thousand dollars, and don't even want other people to get the experience of enjoying new contents.

Well let me tell you, hundreds of thousands casual players who spend some money for outfits occasionally are what keeps the game running, not some rich whales who spent thousands of dollars every six month when new contents are out. So to the devs you are nothing special anyway. If you want to feel good, spend more or nothing. The game get older and new players can get more free stuffs is inevitable. Take Aion and Tera for examples, they used to be so hard first, but now when they're too old and the player base dropped significantly, the only thing can help them survive is to make it so easy that people can get free stuffs for some dungeon runs. BnS will get to that point soon, it's a 6 year-old game. Now you either have to run dungeons and enjoy the game, or quit. Don't complain that the game is so easy. Not everybody can make thousands of dollars per month and not everybody can spend 12 hours a day to play a game. But it's their rights to enjoy the game, with every content it has.

Same type of people in every mmorpg. They always want to be one step further from anyone. They feel like they got ripped off when company gives a way for new players to keep up, not only to keep their casual player-base, but also to make it appealing for newcomers. Their wallets are still effective if they want to be ahead of others, not that they were forced to get highest gear possible to clear stuff or do pvp in the first place. There wouldn't be anyone left playing for them to look down on otherwise. So everything is actually still going in their favor if only they can get that feeling of being ripped off out of their minds.

7 hours ago, Dlacik said:

@Danteee You are mistaken. The most ppl complaining about upgrade price reductions aren't those who have latest gear (raven), but those who recently upgraded to some stage of seraph/baleful.

I can advise those to ask support to revert their last upgrade, with an excuse like gem slots. That's what i did, they only do this for once though.

Also it's best to check news from time to time. Better than getting shocked afterwards. If someone has kept upgrading his weapon since 21 march, there is no one to blame.

1 hour ago, GG Easy said:

I can advise those to ask support to revert their last upgrade, with an excuse like gem slots. That's what i did, they only do this for once though.

Also it's best to check news from time to time. Better than getting shocked afterwards. If someone has kept upgrading his weapon since 21 march, there is no one to blame.

Nope. I tried it and they rejected to rollback my weapon.

I only upgraded my stage 6 weapon to stage 9 about one to two weeks before trove events start. Then, on the first week of trove event, i upgrade my weapon to stage 10. Their response in the ticket said I upgraded my weapon too long ago and couldn't revert my weapon back to stage 6. My clan-mate upgraded his weapon from stage 6-10 on the first week of trove event and got his weapon reverted back to stage 6 already. 

I was like..um...1-2 weeks difference really matter that much? or is it because I have never spent money in this game and my clan-mate have spent a lot in this game that makes the difference?

Also, I am against the cost reduction for weapon path. Instead of reducing cost, they should give more bonus and golds to new players from finishing story quests. Why? It is because now the new players can't even do the mechanics properly in low level dungeon. I recently just made an HM lv5 alt and ran some 6m yeti. It was hard to believe that no one knows how to CC the yeti. I was the only one who did CC in a 6m party. I was wondering do they even know how to use CC?

Most people don't know how boss ccing works in that you need to use two of the same kind of cc when the cc bars turn black for it to work successfully.... hopefully once the training room is introduced, that will be taught to players. Only time will tell.

38 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Nope. I tried it and they rejected to rollback my weapon.

I only upgraded my stage 6 weapon to stage 9 about one to two weeks before trove events start. Then, on the first week of trove event, i upgrade my weapon to stage 10. Their response in the ticket said I upgraded my weapon too long ago and couldn't revert my weapon back to stage 6. My clan-mate upgraded his weapon from stage 6-10 on the first week of trove event and got his weapon reverted back to stage 6 already. 

I was like..um...1-2 weeks difference really matter that much? or is it because I have never spent money in this game and my clan-mate have spent a lot in this game that makes the difference?

Also, I am against the cost reduction for weapon path. Instead of reducing cost, they should give more bonus and golds to new players from finishing story quests. Why? It is because now the new players can't even do the mechanics properly in low level dungeon. I recently just made an HM lv5 alt and ran some 6m yeti. It was hard to believe that no one knows how to CC the yeti. I was the only one who did CC in a 6m party. I was wondering do they even know how to use CC?

That sux. But, you shouldn't have given up after you got rejected for the first time. Each support member act different from others, when one of them tells you it's impossible, another one comes and fix the issue immediately. I can't give out the exact info since it's not allowed. But, last ticket i 've sent had like 8 exchanges all with different members and even derailed into another issue. First one was extremely sincere and nice, later ones were a bit strict, the one before the last was too strict and unhelpful but with a so extremely nice attitude that i couldn't insist and i left with saying '' Ok, thanks '', apparently even saying thanks, refreshes the ticket and ends up on the hands of another member who solved the issue very quickly in my case even if i didn't ask for it.

More bonus and gold sounds way better than simply reducing overall cost, but that's what we have now. I also have problems with yeti, necro stuff. People that have way higher ap than me can't even defend a single demon seal core, some of them are so blind that even if they get aggro they let themselves being grabbed by yeti and don't even give any time for others to take heat buff from them, tab or f immediately causing wipe. Some of them even proc knock-back cc when all others be like '' Wtf ? ''. Most of them still don't know the grab stuff, raging at me because i grabbed the boss when there is actually no frost debuff.

What i wonder now is, what is going to be the new requirement for party applications, with ap being no longer a valid measurement.

Edit : @Meginb i don't think any noob will ever use that training room. Unless, they make it a requirement for entering the regarding dungeon .

Considering the sheer number of players I come across with no fuses on their SS, a combo of 5 MSP/3 EC, or another SS designed to boost AP, these people have legendary and dont have them, their gear levels vary, some of them have founder titles or very old costumes that never got a 2nd rotation, and they've been playing a long time, some of them have participated in BT. If they can do all that and still be retarded then wether or not a player spends money to progress is irrelevant, if they're dumb they're dumb and they don't have the ability to improve.

When will you understand, that there are not just 2 categories of people playing this game: casuals and whales. That is so not the case, most of the people fall somewhere in between. 

It's not like everyone who has stage 10 weapon had it for ages, most people had to gradually collect gold and gradually upgrade their weapon during many many months and just now have reached higher stages of legendary weapon, even stage 10. They are now very poor cos they used all their gold upgrading, so they can't even dream of getting raven weapon anytime soon.

Let me give you an example why lots of people hate the suddenly reduced legendary prices:

You have worked hard for months, and have saved enough money to buy (insert item) of your dreams. You buy it and the next day the seller sells it for 80% less! Can you honestly say it wouldn't bother you at all? That you wouldn't feel cheated at all? Should you just be happy that others can buy it cheap now, and it doesn't matter that you just got that item out of the box yesterday, and now everyone can buy it one day later for 80% less? 

This cost reduction makes me feel like all my grinding was worthless and stupid. As a matter of fact I feel discouraged to grind any more in this game. I should just wait until next cost reduction right? 

there are several reasons I just horse around and take my time progressing through these games.   Here is one of them.  This "aging adjustment" started in WoW. I was srsly miffed when all of a sudden wtf levels could get rides. like a month after I finished endlessly walking my little pile of pixels' azz off, all the lower-bies were riding. But they added hellfire or wtf that 1st expansion was, so bye-bye plain vanilla (sniff) and start the upward shift...

I have checked out most of the games along the way. This has to happen to keep the game going.

I look at it as another dimension of cost that also logarithmically increases with percentile weapon/gear superiority. 

In other words, IF you set out to be numero uno, top-dog, biggest-n-baddest mac daddy in town, you will pay x times more than the 99th percentile people, but you will tower over all.  This decreases as you go lower in the percentile rankings.  It's definitely not linear, obviously

Another perspective one can take is that basically the gear floor is what also gets raised. Look at all the viridian and cinderlands  gear that is ALL useless. most of moonwater is too now...from the trash drops to the purple dungeon drops...  so, yeah, get everyone through that chunk of the story quickly and give them the "starting gear" adequate for the new real start, which is shifted higher. Dragging new folks through pointless stuff is definitely not cool. So IMO, the devs are evolving the game, as they should be, or you die.

It's like a script scrolling through a constant sized window.  As the new stuff coming in to the top of the window gets bigger/more powerful, the old stuff shifts downward and the smallest stuff disappears out the bottom.  And you still always have to start current new people at the current bottom.

Archived