Badge question

Devonadams20

You should use the one from last season which reduces your meteor cooldown on inferno hit. It means you can use meteor twice because double inferno will reduce the cooldown by 40s. As soon as we will be available to fuse badges, we will use the mentioned one and the one from current season which let you reduce inferno cooldown with every LB hit.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:44 AM, KurooSakura said:

What above said, Meteor Shower CD reduction badge is so good, but so is inferno CD reduction badge. 

I did some research myself and I was told the green(meteor cd) is better for now until we can merge it with the blue(inferno)

2 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

I did some research myself and I was told the green(meteor cd) is better for now until we can merge it with the blue(inferno)

Not really though? I mean you get 100% more damage on inferno with BT soulshields. So the blue badge should be much better now. It's more or less twice as much damage increase.

I've just gotten blue badge yesterday and I would say it depends what your soulshields are and what your ping/fps is.
Basically Inferno (double version) should hit harder than Meteor - at least that's what numbers say (I'm not math geek or anything so I might be wrong here.. so feel free to correct me).

If we factor in only badges, green allows you to cast Meteor x2 and Inferno x1. While having blue badge enables to cast Inferno x2 and Meteor x1 around same time. Though it depends how fast you're able to execute your basic rotation. So if I read numbers correctly and person does have decent ping/fps, this should mean that blue badge is superior.

On top of that.. I've mentioned soulshields earlier - 3 BT shields give +100% damage to Inferno.

If you have that then damage should be higher with blue one.

1 hour ago, Kimki said:

I've just gotten blue badge yesterday and I would say it depends what your soulshields are and what your ping/fps is.
Basically Inferno (double version) should hit harder than Meteor - at least that's what numbers say (I'm not math geek or anything so I might be wrong here.. so feel free to correct me).

If we factor in only badges, green allows you to cast Meteor x2 and Inferno x1. While having blue badge enables to cast Inferno x2 and Meteor x1 around same time. Though it depends how fast you're able to execute your basic rotation. So if I read numbers correctly and person does have decent ping/fps, this should mean that blue badge is superior.

On top of that.. I've mentioned soulshields earlier - 3 BT shields give +100% damage to Inferno.

If you have that then damage should be higher with blue one.

The green badge continues to be better because of resets, You are guaranteed an extra meteor cast every reset.  The Blue badge loses out on all the casting you've done and becomes useless if you get a reset before it reduces your cooldown enough to cast again.

8 hours ago, TJXX said:

The green badge continues to be better because of resets, You are guaranteed an extra meteor cast every reset.  The Blue badge loses out on all the casting you've done and becomes useless if you get a reset before it reduces your cooldown enough to cast again.

Hmm.. You have a point there indeed. I didn't factor in resets. Basicaly I've read that Baleful reset is +1 min. (I've never bothered to check myself so don't kill me I'm quiting Nodah here)?

It's pretty simple:

meteor has a damage of 42x

double inferno has a damage of 50x -> x2 with BT ss = 100x

green badge means you will get 42x + 100x + 42x = 184x on reset

blue badge means you will get 42x + 100x = 142x on reset

So for the resets itself the green one is better. But now we have to calculate the cd reset of inferno from LB.

We reduce inferno cd by 0,8s each time LB hits. Inferno has a cd of 45s. That means we will reset the cooldown of inferno completely after 25s if we use LB once per second. 25s * 0,8s = 20s + 25s = 45s

Summary: The blue badge is better if we can reset inferno between two weapon resets. We will win 100x damage and lose 42x damage because of no double meteor. In the end it's a little bit better than inferno + triple meteor.

With baleful it should be no problem to do that. With raven it's not so save but weapon resets shouldn't come that fast.

The duration of the fight also matters. For short fights like mushin tower the green badge is of course better but for long fights, the blue one will be better.

You forgot about mystic badge. Since NA don't have mystic badge it wouldn't matter, but I think it will come very soon, like next content patch.

Chaotic Sky mystic badge gives 3000% additional attack power bonus on first hit of meteor on burned target. So that's 6000% if you have green badge.

6 hours ago, ToffyNexy said:

You forgot about mystic badge. Since NA don't have mystic badge it wouldn't matter, but I think it will come very soon, like next content patch.

Chaotic Sky mystic badge gives 3000% additional attack power bonus on first hit of meteor on burned target. So that's 6000% if you have green badge.

With future updates we will be able to combine green and blue badge. So we won't need this type of discussion as new badge will combine both effects.
Question is when we'll get it and if we're going to get it same time or not.

On 20.3.2017 at 4:29 AM, ToffyNexy said:

This is true and yes, it depends on when we get what. Mystic badge without combined ToI badges should make green badge better, for burst definitely. But keep in mind: 3000% means 30x ap and this is even less than what we win by using the blue badge. So depending on your resets (most of the time not within 25s) the blue badge is still better, at least for longer fights. For burst the green one is always better.

After some testing I can say that it is random which badge is better if you use chokma weapon. Sometimes you get a reset very fast and sometimes I can reset inferno almost twice before a reset comes. In the end I will use the green one because its better for burst while soul is active.

Archived