Mysterious crystals are for whales?

Grimstar

1 hour ago, Cesura said:

Dude, what? 
I get like... 20-30 G a day. 

Which is typically doing somewhere between 4-10 dungeon dailies (Takes 10-30 minutes for purple dungeons on most PUG groups) and some PvP matches, playing for maybe 2-4 hours. 

Which I suppose might be "super casual" by your standards but "100g is nothing" still sounds ridiculous to me unless you're just farming SSP for moonstones hours on end or getting damn lucky with 4-man dungeon drops. 

I also find it suspicious. There's definitely something they're not mentioning but of course that is their own secret to making money. Play with market, investing, sell now buy later and upgrade for cheap, keep now sell later.... that's on them.

Let me just say this............... there is absolutely no way for someone to be of maxed gear and rolling in so much gold without any investments, meaning they either grinded for the gold or items way before or they spent money on trove or whatever and sold what they didn't need when the prices were up. Nowadays it is more plausible perhaps given how far into the game we're in but given the situation of playing only 2 hours a day ever since launch and not ever having to grind or farm or spend real money and making that much gainz is ridiculous unless you are greatly  blessed by RNGesus.

Wait there's some misunderstanding here... I play more than 2-3h per day. But I also make much more than 100g (well varies on day, but way more on average). I also PvP, season rewards from 4 ladders (infinte tower too) are very nice side profit as well. Then there's crafting, which I only do on one char, but still some free profit with no effort. Oh and yeah I play the market, but like I said, I make way more than 100g / day.

I was just saying that to get 100g / day you don't even have to play that much, if you have skilled friends and don't live in F8 for dungeons. Dungeons are around 50g but there's also ssp dailies and crafting. And some additional drops from doing said dungeons. It should add up to more or less 100g.

6 hours ago, Shiro said:

Wait there's some misunderstanding here... I play more than 2-3h per day. But I also make much more than 100g (well varies on day, but way more on average). I also PvP, season rewards from 4 ladders (infinte tower too) are very nice side profit as well. Then there's crafting, which I only do on one char, but still some free profit with no effort. Oh and yeah I play the market, but like I said, I make way more than 100g / day.

I was just saying that to get 100g / day you don't even have to play that much, if you have skilled friends and don't live in F8 for dungeons. Dungeons are around 50g but there's also ssp dailies and crafting. And some additional drops from doing said dungeons. It should add up to more or less 100g.

Basically if you have rich friend with god gears to carry you, you have lots of gold. Sometimes they even donate directly to you :P

Ok noted.

6 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Basically if you have rich friend with god gears to carry you, you have lots of gold. Sometimes they even donate directly to you :P

Ok noted.

Where did I say rich? Everyone I run with is less geared than me and far more poor (in game), dunno where you get this idea. And obviously donations are out of the question.

As a leader of a self-declared casual clan I can confirm heptagonal gems are a rare treat indeed for casuals. We have two in the whole clan in total, one owned by me and I play since beta. It's not as if you cannot get mysterious crystals as a casual player, but to be honest if you are casual there are more important things to spend your 20-30g per day on. Almost no one in clan has even maximal  heroic accessories yet, even after the 30% cost reduction.... ^_^'

19 hours ago, Grimstar said:

I find this really hard to believe, since i'm a casual player since launch (same as u,2h during the week, more in the weekends). And i have max gear (no ring/necklace), but i dont have freaking 15k lol. But i also never play the market, or get alot of rare drops.

Have a look at this event site. There was a reason I specifically mentioned the coral event. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/game/event/

While NC list all the rewards in tiers. The most valueable item in that event was Mysterious Crystals. This was the easiest event given so far to gain Crystals as F2P. I made use of this event t5o gather as well the ToM event. I didn't go for th MoW event to get anythingt beecause like I mentioned before I don't like to play RNG.

If you look at the list from the coral site. All items listed Asura Ember, skin, gems weren't really worth it. Reason is that those are farmable over time and the gems aren't good, because there are better ones to gain in future events. Thinking about it on the next event with similar options what you should be getting. Whatever placed on the top shelf or has a certain rarity and value attatched to it doesn't automatically means they are the best items to pick from. So ye Coral event, the best item was Mysterious Crystals by far.

If you never played the market, how else can you make gold knowing the game runs on heavy RNG? If you understand what items people need in their progress, you can invest into that to make gold. I personally don't invest that much into buying masssive amount of items, I buy items from what I know it will go up based on content we get/events. Sometimes I buy items that I might want to use myself, but I end up selling it because price went up.

At the start I only had 1 char to do my crafting. After the exp boost event I put multiple characters at Jadestone to get gathering/crafting ready. When I say crafting i'm not talking about the most valueable craft to make profit on. There are many gather/crafts that are worth doing. Now a lot less compared to few months ago, but it was the best way to make gold. (Ye, Reddit people are clueless)

I should get 1k+ soulstones on pvp rewards today. For a player that doesn't really focus on pvp, i still manage to up my rank without much effort. I do that on my main and 1 alt (no gear, lvl 45-47). Those are all free extra income, which I get every season. Other than that I get my rewards from 3v3, ToI and 6v6. (on Main) Also here I don't have to put much effort on getting them. just playing few games get ranked and done.

Making gold is a long progress. For everyone, it's something that any player should have done at the start. They didn't introduce gathering/crafting at the start of the game for no reason. Also this requires you to group with players that work as a team to maximize the profit.

19 hours ago, Rokusan said:

I also find it suspicious. There's definitely something they're not mentioning but of course that is their own secret to making money. Play with market, investing, sell now buy later and upgrade for cheap, keep now sell later.... that's on them.

Let me just say this............... there is absolutely no way for someone to be of maxed gear and rolling in so much gold without any investments, meaning they either grinded for the gold or items way before or they spent money on trove or whatever and sold what they didn't need when the prices were up.

There are things like cooperation between people. We put gold together very early to buy stuff, to start making profit together. Yes, potential scam risk involved, but I know them for many years. Playing together 99% of the time, doing everything that benefits group play pays off. Everyone in my f2p clan has a job / runs a company/study+side job, so we are casual, we just know how to optimize our playtime to the fullest.

Understanding the game, the changes that comes with updates, events is giving the most amount of profit. The first week of any update/event so far given more profit than the remaining weeks for us. It's not that hard understand what changes, for example what happens when players get discount on upgrades? or what happens when we get pvp related events? what happens when we get SSP related events? What happens if NC floods the market? etc etc.

Making gold is the same as answering this simple question over and over again. Whether one has a lot gold or little. But the gold I have on me right now is progressively gained since the start, without wasting or rushing upgrades. I never upgrade if i got more than enough to clear any dg properly. All that gold i keep will be turned into more gold and so on.

----

End of the day i don't really care if people believe me or not. The options are there to be taken, it's just you need to make the right call every now and then to get profit. So ye everyone can do it.

23 hours ago, Cesura said:

Dude, what? 
I get like... 20-30 G a day. 

Which is typically doing somewhere between 4-10 dungeon dailies (Takes 10-30 minutes for purple dungeons on most PUG groups) and some PvP matches, playing for maybe 2-4 hours. 

Which I suppose might be "super casual" by your standards but "100g is nothing" still sounds ridiculous to me unless you're just farming SSP for moonstones hours on end or getting damn lucky with 4-man dungeon drops. 

I totally agree with Cesura.  I play way more hours than most ppl do, about 10-12 hours 4-5 times a week and I don't make more than 32g a day even with the dynamic dailys chest drop and mini dailys in Silverfrost.  Are you kidding me?

@ZDestinyI didn't read them all too carefully and many has many different definitions on what "casual" is. I wanted to point out who are we to know items listed Asura Ember, skin and some other item from coral event will come back or we would gain easy access to them after this event and the following ones? Gems, some of us who follow twitter or twitch may know that they will be recurring. But who was i to know that my sealed taikhan skin will lose its significant value from 350g to under 100g now on market? What if they aren't available for a couple more months, or some other event in the pipeline will provide it?

How are we to know what will come for the next event, if some of us never played other regions? We don't see the new patch note a day ahead. We don't follow twitter or spend a certain amount of time to sift through data on reddit posts or forum threads. Your foreknowledge gives you advantages that many do not possess.

And there is nothing casual about creating multiple characters to make your personal crafting factory. Even if you can start crafting at lv16, you need to level them up to gather tier 2/3 mats. Perhaps you spent your "2hrs" over a spam of months to level your alts, kudos for you for thinking ahead and being smart about it. You and your frds/clannies are doing things outside the parameter of the OP and many other casual players. You didn't "Just" do dungeons, you played the market and earned money through some other methods that you invested a good amount of time for.

So no, if you are a casual player like OP that only does dung for 2-4 hours day, it would be highly unlikely if not impossible to gather enough crystal and energy and gold to upgrade all the gems as f2p by now. Its great that you or Shiro are at where you at in game and you to share some tips of earning gold as f2p. But majority of the people don't have the time to do what you do.

And raising the drop rate for the crystal is just one less thing for people to stress about too much (they will still be pretty rare, even if NC increases it). After all, you still need to get the gems, collect energies, and transmutate them all using gold.

8 hours ago, ZDestiny said:

Understanding the game, the changes that comes with updates, events is giving the most amount of profit. The first week of any update/event so far given more profit than the remaining weeks for us. It's not that hard understand what changes, for example what happens when players get discount on upgrades? or what happens when we get pvp related events? what happens when we get SSP related events? What happens if NC floods the market? etc etc.

Making gold is the same as answering this simple question over and over again.

End of the day i don't really care if people believe me or not. The options are there to be taken, it's just you need to make the right call every now and then to get profit. So ye everyone can do it.

After your explanation, I can believe that is how you make gold. But believe me it is not as simple as you claim. Not ANYBODY can do that.

And let me make my own claim: ANY casual player will not be able to do that.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived