Dear staff, do you care about your game?

LlamaDude

This is a Yes or No question, and as much as I would love and appreciate your well thought out response to this question, I just want an HONEST yes or no.

Why am I asking this? Let me begin.

I am one of the (many) players who have waited patiently for Blade and soul for 4 years. One of those players who logged on to the site every week to see if there's any updates, one of those players who had a love for the games combat and content. I was one of those guys.
At the time of waiting, I have played dozens upon dozens of mmorpg's, ranging from runescape all the way to Tera. I started to become a key analyst in a lot of the games and sought out the goods and bads in each. I would absorb this information and spew it out to mmorpgs I saw with potential. I always want to help, it's a habit of mine. I've been through some serious dread having some of my favorite mmos get shut down and removed or just die out in players. The times are the times, and games dying out is inevitable...However, when a game with potential dies out, a game with the potential to go so much farther than it did, I could not be more disappointed. 

RaiderZ, was the first action combat mmorpg I have ever played. It was an amazing game. I can say solemnly that RaiderZ was the absolute best mmorpg I have played in my lifetime thus far, next to Age of Wushu. Why is this? The staff. The primary reason RaiderZ shut down was a lack of content, and it is a shame that was so. However, this game had an amazing saving grace, and that was the staff. The staff in this game were so interactive and so inclusive that sometimes I would log on just to see what the staff is hosting. The most memorable thing for me in terms of what the staff has done in that game, is hide and seek. It was extremely fun, the GM's would hide and give players hints in global chat, and then rewards those who find them after announcing winners to the RaiderZ world. This is what I like to call, Interactive development, where a games staff includes themselves into the game to better develop the game through the players. Another memorable thing was the winter event, where a Gigantic snowman spawns in the main town, and all players fought it. The best part about that event was the staff WOULD JOIN YOU in fighting the snowman. There is no better feeling, and you can quote me on this, in an mmorpg than seeing the staff enjoy the game just as much as everyone else. When the staff and the developers of a game are enjoying it themselves, you know they did something right.

Age of Wushu was another amazing mmorpg experience in my time of playing. Although the game did not shut down, the playerbase is little to none at this point. So what made this game so great to me and thousands of others? The content. Ironically this game fell for the complete inverse of RaiderZ. The content was amazing, however the staff was not. The non inclusive staff made players feel left out but the content kept it alive. The game had the perfect factions system, and the perfect open world pvp experience, hands down. I'll be frank, the pvp and the factions could get a little wonky at times. but it was my personal BEST experience in those fields. There is a certain rush in chasing an enemy in the open world hopping from building to building running on walls and having air fights. There were awesome events...AT ALL LEVELS. Can I stress this enough? In my years and years of mmorpg experience only a handful of games understood the beauty in INCLUSIVE events. I'm talking about levels 1-Level cap. RaiderZ did this perfectly with in-arena boss events. Age of wushu did this very well in the same sense. Games that do not host events for levels OTHER than the max, are games that will inevitably fail, it is the cold truth.

Blade and soul....man oh man. I remember when I was sitting at home around four years ago, and thinking "Damn I wish there was a game that took the combat of raiderz and the movement of age of wushu." There came blade and soul, making rounds on youtube as an amazing fast paced combat mmorpg with amazing open world movement. I could not have been more excited, finally a game that takes everything I love about an mmorpg. Three years later, after weekly checks on the website over and over, My cousin and I gave up on the hopes of blade and soul coming to the US, and we moved on. About 9 months later I get a call "YO DUDE BLADE AND SOUL WAS OUT IN NA FOR SO LONG AND WE MISSED IT."... I have never went to download a game so fast in my life. I enjoyed the game, the combat, the content, it was as I thought it would be. But... I didn't see anyone... or barely anyone. I didn't see any events for my level, I didn't didnt see a SINGLE GM in chat... I began to think to myself "Huh... is this what I waited 4 years for?" I was blind, I never thought about the amazing impact the little things like staff in chat, and small events, and all that in RaiderZ and Age of wushu. I owe blade and soul some gratitude, as the game opened my eyes to how an mmorpg is much more than just the content, it needs to have so much more. I must say I was disappointed, I felt alone in my gameplay of blade and soul, which was extremely contrast to the swarms of players coming together in RaiderZ...I'll just be honest here, I was sad. I was very sad in fact, at just how alone in the game I was.

Blade and soul HAS THE CONTENT. Just like age of wushu did... Are you going to let your game fall in a similiar fashion?

So that is my question Blade and soul staff, Do you care about your game? Yes.. or No? It's okay to be honest, that's why I ask. I don't want to waste my time and be greeted with the same dread I faced playing AOW. I can't FORCE you to enjoy your game, that is obvious, and that is not the reason of this post. The reason of this post is to get an answer, and nothing more. And if your answer is Yes, then you have my respect, and you got yourself a devoted and dedicated player, but I will also look forward to seeing it. I want to see staff, and I want to see interaction. Without it, I feel like I'm in a dead game.

It takes a community to build a community, it is an upsetting, but true sentiment. Through my years of gaming, I have found that many games struggle to find that "First community" But the answer is simple, the staff IS the first community. The people who worked so hard and so strong on a game, becomes the community when they enjoy the game. Off of that community, grows the playerbase. I've seen it with my own eyes and I KNOW Blade and Soul has the potential to GROW. Please, please do not be another mmorpg with amazing potential fall for something so trivial.

That concludes this post, If you read the whole thing the tip of the beanie goes to you, if you did not, that's fine, it was quite a bit of text. If you're a player, and not staff, please, feel free to share your own thoughts as well. I want this thread to be an open platform for blade and soul. Thank you, and have a good one.

Give up, You will get banned because reasons. This game needs to die seriously. It's a good game but poorly optimized and with awful player support. You can't say anything bad about the NCWest staff. Don't try to say anything like "but this game can be good again! We can do it!". It's useless. Just play in silence til you get really bored and quit.
Good riddance, NCSoft.

Ya GM, you suppose to answer our every need

you suppose to be there for us and welcome us when we join your game

you were suppose to get away from all your work and get in the game and talk to every single one of us

I thought of you as everything

but you disappoint me so much

I even dreamed about you

That one day, you would finally noticed me.

Please let me see your face at least once

I'm so lonely, all I needed were your unfadable attention

I want to make this post to let you know how much lonely I am, and if I don't see your face

I'm gonna talk shit about this game

and I'm gonna bring my friends with me on this riot

I know this isn't much but please tell me

you love me.

4 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

Ya GM, you suppose to answer our every need

you suppose to be there for us and welcome us when we join your game

you were suppose to get away from all your work and get in the game and talk to every single one of us

I thought of you as everything

but you disappoint me so much

I even dreamed about you

That one day, you would finally noticed me.

Please let me see your face at least once

I'm so lonely, all I needed were your unfadable attention

I want to make this post to let you know how much lonely I am, and if I don't see your face

I'm gonna talk shit about this game

and I'm gonna bring my friends with me on this riot

I know this isn't much but please tell me

you love me.

I made an extensive thread and I can feel the spite in that reply.
Clearly you did not read the post entirely and that is ok (I mentioned this in the post as well)
However, don't reply without knowledge, thanks.

9 minutes ago, Puragoneru said:

Give up, You will get banned because reasons. This game needs to die seriously. It's a good game but poorly optimized and with awful player support. You can't say anything bad about the NCWest staff. Don't try to say anything like "but this game can be good again! We can do it!". It's useless. Just play in silence til you get really bored and quit.
Good riddance, NCSoft.

I know how you feel trust me I want to feel the same way. Fact is the game DOES have the ability to grow. The game is on the thinnest ice, and if the staff cares enough, there can be something done. If they do not, then I must agree, good riddance NCsoft.

9 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

Clearly you did not understand my post entirely, and that is ok

However, I would say the same, don't reply without knowledge thanks.

At least quote properly
and why don't you explain you reply then? I am open minded

Its still best to play at the moment, but lets face it, na/eu is just milk cow with lowest investments, highest returns. Crappiest servers ever, no support, no hotline, no gms. Just google translate and few ogong monkeys to localize (4 years, oh ok, that took  probably censorship of outfits), and lets publish, and milk?

How hard is to satisfy western audience, as asian producers complain...? Interesting, that still so many western players play this (altho population reduced extremely), it cant be so hard, just lowest investments...

28 minutes ago, Puragoneru said:

Good riddance, NCSoft.

Then why are you still here and playing and trolling the forums? If you are that unsatisfied and unhappy well the door is wide open, just dont let it hit you on your way out.

Seriously....

4 minutes ago, babeln said:

Its still best to play at the moment, but lets face it, na/eu is just milk cow with lowest investments, highest returns. Crappiest servers ever, no support, no hotline, no gms. Just google translate and few ogong monkeys to localize (4 years, oh ok, that took  probably censorship of outfits), and lets publish, and milk?

How hard is to satisfy western audience, as asian producers complain...? Interesting, that still so many western players play this (altho population reduced extremely), it cant be so hard, just lowest investments...

Not every company has in-game GM's which are visible to players, and as such its their business and if they dont have any you should just accept it.

I do not know about you but so far every issue i brought up to support was dealt with without any problem, and i also see they are listening to players, so many things already were done based on player feedback and many more will still be done.

The people here just rant because they have way too high expectations and want the publisher to change every little crap because they cant handle the way it is.

It isnt hard to satisfy western audience, but if its unsatisfied its because they expect way too many things and think just because a game is released in a NA / EU region that everything will be changed for them, well tough luck, its still a korean game and as such has aspects which make it unique and those will not change.

Just now, Parenthesis said:

I don't know what needed to be said here

from what you show in evidence you're clearly disappoint at this game

then leave, and move on

because it sounds absolutely ridiculous if you expect a GM to walk in here and tell you

I care

as much as it's an absolutely preposterous idea for a GM to walk in here and tell you they don't

I mean are you even listening to yourself?

Of course I am, and the question itself is only a buffer. In fact, If they were to come in here and say anything at all I would be ok. Because I havn't seen a single one. I explained my thoughts in this thread and I don't want to have to give you a life lesson. But if you don't like something, never just leave. Because if you do, you'll regret not at least trying to do something about it. If you can't accept that you can glady, and I mean this, ignore this thread. thank you.

Just now, Puragoneru said:

Oh, hello again Mr. NCSoft employee alt! How ya doing? Check dragon nest or another game like path of exile, tree of savior, etc...
You can learn something from some GM in there. Oh wait! They don't pay you to do it! My bad.

See exactly this is your problem....

this isnt Path of Exile, this isnt Dragon Nest.....this is Blade and Soul, this is a different publisher with a different business model.

If you cant handle it and accept that some things just are as they are then you clearly will be very unsatisfied hence its better if you find another game.

Every game and publisher is different, comparing BnS to another game doesnt do anything because  behold...its a different game.

All i see from you is crying about things because you simply cant handle and accept the fact that this game is ran differently.

Once again, if you are unhappy here, no one is holding you back you know...

15 minutes ago, LlamaDude said:

I don't know what needed to be said here

from what you show in evidence you're clearly disappoint at this game

then leave, and move on

because it sounds absolutely ridiculous if you expect a GM to walk in here and tell you

I care

as much as it's an absolutely preposterous idea for a GM to walk in here and tell you they don't

I mean are you even listening to yourself?

9 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Then why are you still here and playing and trolling the forums? If you are that unsatisfied and unhappy well the door is wide open, just dont let it hit you on your way out.

Seriously....

Not every company has in-game GM's which are visible to players, and as such its their business and if they dont have any you should just accept it.

I do not know about you but so far every issue i brought up to support was dealt with without any problem, and i also see they are listening to players, so many things already were done based on player feedback and many more will still be done.

The people here just rant because they have way too high expectations and want the publisher to change every little crap because they cant handle the way it is.

It isnt hard to satisfy western audience, but if its unsatisfied its because they expect way too many things and think just because a game is released in a NA / EU region that everything will be changed for them, well tough luck, its still a korean game and as such has aspects which make it unique and those will not change.

You state this exactly, "The people here just rant because they have way too high expectations and want the publisher to change every little crap." Did you read this post? Of course, you may be referring in a more broad term, and if you are than I apologize. But player to staff relations is a simple lesson in game design, and if you consider it a high expectation than you need more experience with games in general. Again, you may have not been referring to this thread specifically, and if not I am sorry.

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Hmm, name one thing which changed for NA version, based on NA player feedback. Reducing upgrade prices is usual process, had to be expected, and has nothing to do with player feedback, besides solves nothing much, f8 demands for simplest dungeons will be higher from now on, and market prices crash more, causing running dungeon more worthless.

Game, even with hidden gm, would not have this hacked account characters, whispering everyone around about visiting phishing sites, at first place, and many many other things, theres no point talking about gms in bns, cuz they dont exist.

In general, people rant about same things, from beginning, and most of them are not little crap. And even if, nuances are what make whole thing feel great, compare tera gameforge, tera enmasse, two publishers, same game, but totally different game and enjoynment.

You people are tossing out reasoning fallacies like crazy, enough with the cluttered speech and unreasonable statements.
This was a serious thread and an attempt to aid a game.

Enough with the "Just get out." or "just leave" You're not Donald Trump.
I already replied to parenthesis about this and I don't need to repeat myself.

To those who are trying to bash the thread and myself and attempting to disprove it, this is the best argument I saw so far and it was by Grimoir. He implied that all games are different and will run a different business model and comparing them is futile. He is completely right, in fact all games are different and can not be compared, unless we're talking about game analyzing.

I stated in the thread I am a mmorpg analyst and this is where the line is drawn between comparing different games and analyzing them. I would be just fine with blade and soul entirely had it been successful, and the fact is, it is not. Sure immoral companies are just trying to get the biggest payouts for their investments, this is true. But the smart company knows how to keep its game going, and a long term investment means long term return. NcSofts current plan is a rush return plan where they're trying to milk as much money as they can for the moment and then toss the game out... they've done it before. But if they were smart, they would know how much more you get back in a long term investment in running a game.

Though punonarus points may be subjective, he definitely made a great point in saying NCwest never has these issues, and he is right. You can compare the two releases of blade and soul and see the difference without a brain. It is clear that NCsoft is doing something wrong and It is already clear what it is. Those players who do not even acknowledge there is a problem will not be apart of the effort in growing blade and soul.

12 minutes ago, LlamaDude said:

You state this exactly, "The people here just rant because they have way too high expectations and want the publisher to change every little crap." Did you read this post? Of course, you may be referring in a more broad term, and if you are than I apologize. But player to staff relations is a simple lesson in game design, and if you consider it a high expectation than you need more experience with games in general. Again, you may have not been referring to this thread specifically, and if not I am sorry.

No need to apologize. I did mean it in a broad term based on what i read on forums.

On a side note: Say this game had GM's in-game...what would it benefit in? Nothing....they still would not handle support requests, they still would not ban any bots / hackers because they cannot do that without evidence and investigation, questions can be answered by other players if they are game related, they would not mention anything about upcoming contents or changes because of privacy and NDA, if you have issues in-game with be it the game itself or other players you can always report them via ticketing system or in the proper forum section, GM's being present would still not do anything with it,so what player to staff relations are you expecting?

Do you want them to waste time answering to topics on forum which lets be honest 80% of the time are just ridiculous?

I have enough experience with games, in fact i was a GM at a different game and we worked there the same way. Fact is most other games are spoiling their players and then when they move to a different game, their mindset is that they expect the same level of service and same relations as in the previous one but miss the fact that every game / publisher is working differently. then they start complaining and ranting because "oh this game had this and that and i want the same here"...well thats not how this works.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

No need to apologize. I did mean it in a broad term based on what i read on forums.

On a side note: Say this game had GM's in-game...what would it benefit in? Nothing....they still would not handle support requests, they still would not ban any bots / hackers because they cannot do that without evidence and investigation, questions can be answered by other players if they are game related, they would not mention anything about upcoming contents or changes because of privacy and NDA, if you have issues in-game with be it the game itself or other players you can always report them via ticketing system or in the proper forum section, GM's being present would still not do anything with it,so what player to staff relations are you expecting?

Do you want them to waste time answering to topics on forum which lets be honest 80% of the time are just ridiculous?

I have enough experience with games, in fact i was a GM at a different game and we worked there the same way. Fact is most other games are spoiling their players and then when they move to a different game, their mindset is that they expect the same level of service and same relations as in the previous one but miss the fact that every game / publisher is working differently. then they start complaining and ranting because "oh this game had this and that and i want the same here"...well thats not how this works.

I get your point I think you make a solemn argument. Without disagreeing, here is how I feel, along with hundreds of others.
This thread actually got me quite curious so I hopped on to my group chat of 100+ people who are (More than I am) gaming veterans. I linked them the thread and gave them a backstory. Most agreed that staff player relations are key for a game, but the other side agrees with what you're saying and that sometimes a want for staff translates to complaining and whining. So we came to the conclusion that when the players do need to start asking or referencing a staffs interaction, there is a problem, and I think you can agree as well that if there were to be interaction and staff relations to begin with, there would be no complaining or pampering in any form. On that point, you did mention GM's have much more important things to do, and I must agree I am sure they are extremely busy handling one, if not many games. However, this may just be a problem with transparency, but we the players do not get to see much of anything they do, or in fact see none of it. It is this specifically that creates threads not similiar to this one complaining about staff, overall degrading forum post credibility. In fact, I would not be surprised if a staff member saw the title of this thread and though "Ugh another one of these threads." It is all because of the rhetoric set by pointless rage posts attacking staff. This is not one of those threads, and I am not in any way attacking staff. I am only seeking communication from staff and nothing more. o/

10 minutes ago, LlamaDude said:

NcSofts current plan is a rush return plan where they're trying to milk as much money as they can for the moment and then toss the game out... they've done it before. But if they were smart, they would know how much more you get back in a long term investment in running a game.

That is hard to believe, i think they have it counted well. Lowest investments, highest returns asap. Probably works best.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

On a side note: Say this game had GM's in-game...what would it benefit in? Nothing....they still would not handle support requests, they still would not ban any bots / hackers because they cannot do that without evidence and investigation, questions can be answered by other players if they are game related, they would not mention anything about upcoming contents or changes because of privacy and NDA,.......

oh yes investigation and evidence... every maintenance, theres mass ban of bots, some false positives as well. Cheapest way, once per week, mass ban all, filtered criteria, and report counts. Zero human aspect. Yes this publisher does it this way, we are spoiled and expect, that they could do it different.

3 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

Thank for the life lesson that I already know.

However I appreciate the effort.

If you think we haven't try anything, you're clearly haven't been around a lot.

We have tried everything, we have tried it every day, every hour, there's a post like this elsewhere.

You think we want to accept what we have?

However what you suggest isn't even the biggest issue we are even facing with NCsoft

this is like a day 1 stuff

lack of communication, it's everywhere

I play RaiderZ too.

Not only RaiderZ, I have experience of 15 years playing various games

I can tell you that not every games that have active GM or Moderators that always sit in here answer question in game and in forum

I'll tell you honest from my opinion

this isn't the "best" place you want to make suggestions

I have sent them tickets,

even when GM were streaming, I always try to talk to them trying to address various issues.

You think they even looked into any of it?

Try to guess.

100% sure you'll get it right this time.

You think I'm on their side?

You want me to prove it to you by telling you how badly this game serves player base as a whole?

You need me to tell you that this game with premium system, we don't have a live chat option to address issues?

I need to talk about how they takes 3 days to answer your tickets?

about how they, as a company suppose streamer that's even more toxic than the community just to get more players?

the way they only offer any help to those who have premium level of 10? that's over 2,000 worth of spending.

the way they only care about their profits?

the shit glitch, bugs, and server lag we players have to deal with every patch, and there's absolutely no compensations either?

the lack of GM communication even when they're online? (they literally hide from us)

Regret? The only regret I have, is even try out this game in the first place. Zzzzzz

I see, well you make some good points.
The only decent mmorpg 15 years ago was Ragnarok online XD if you played that then hats off to you
I guess It's my turn to try and then give up, I guess we'll just have to see how things play out

44 minutes ago, LlamaDude said:

Of course I am, and the question itself is only a buffer. In fact, If they were to come in here and say anything at all I would be ok. Because I havn't seen a single one. I explained my thoughts in this thread and I don't want to have to give you a life lesson. But if you don't like something, never just leave. Because if you do, you'll regret not at least trying to do something about it. If you can't accept that you can glady, and I mean this, ignore this thread. thank you.

Thank for the life lesson that I already know.

However I appreciate the effort.

If you think we haven't try anything, you're clearly haven't been around a lot.

We have tried everything, we have tried it every day, every hour, there's a post like this elsewhere.

You think we want to accept what we have?

However what you suggest isn't even the biggest issue we are even facing with NCsoft

this is like a day 1 stuff

lack of communication, it's everywhere

I play RaiderZ too.

Not only RaiderZ, I have experience of 15 years playing various games

I can tell you that not every games that have active GM or Moderators that always sit in here answer question in game and in forum

I'll tell you honest from my opinion

this isn't the "best" place you want to make suggestions

I have sent them tickets,

even when GM were streaming, I always try to talk to them trying to address various issues.

You think they even looked into any of it?

Try to guess.

100% sure you'll get it right this time.

You want me to prove it to you by telling you how badly this game serves player base as a whole?

You need me to tell you that this game with premium system, we don't have a live chat option to address issues?

about how they, as a company support streamer that's even more toxic than the community just to get more players?

the way they only offer any help to those who have premium level of 10? that's over 2,000 worth of spending.

the shit glitch, bugs, and server lag we players have to deal with every patch, and there's absolutely no compensations either?

the lack of GM communication even when they're online? (they literally hide from us)

Regret? The only regret I have, is even try out this game in the first place. Zzzzzz

I'm not asking you to leave or telling you to leave

I'm advising you to leave before you sink deeper than this.

15 minutes ago, LlamaDude said:

I get your point I think you make a solemn argument. Without disagreeing, here is how I feel, along with hundreds of others.
This thread actually got me quite curious so I hopped on to my group chat of 100+ people who are (More than I am) gaming veterans. I linked them the thread and gave them a backstory. Most agreed that staff player relations are key for a game, but the other side agrees with what you're saying and that sometimes a want for staff translates to complaining and whining. So we came to the conclusion that when the players do need to start asking or referencing a staffs interaction, there is a problem, and I think you can agree as well that if there were to be interaction and staff relations to begin with, there would be no complaining or pampering in any form. On that point, you did mention GM's have much more important things to do, and I must agree I am sure they are extremely busy handling one, if not many games. However, this may just be a problem with transparency, but we the players do not get to see much of anything they do, or in fact see none of it. It is this specifically that creates threads not similiar to this one complaining about staff, overall degrading forum post credibility. In fact, I would not be surprised if a staff member saw the title of this thread and though "Ugh another one of these threads." It is all because of the rhetoric set by pointless rage posts attacking staff. This is not one of those threads, and I am not in any way attacking staff. I am only seeking communication from staff and nothing more. o/

Well i do agree that some communication should be there, since at the moment its non-existant and you barely can even get a reply from a mod on forum here even for a PM.

Well in most cases a GM / Moderator wont even be able to answer any of the questions here as they usually dont have that information available.

Best bet would be replies from the Community Manager, but even those are very very few.

I would say they just need to .... interact more with players, not necessairly giving answers to things but just some small chit-chat, or even running a few dungeons with the other players sometimes and not just purposely for the stream.

I mean there is a lot of room for improvement which would be nice, but then you get to the point where they give the players a finger and they suddenly expect the full hand.

about how they, as a company support streamer that's even more toxic than the community just to get more players?

I think the game does not serve the players bed, i think its the opposite, the players make it sound bad because other games spoiled them and now they are expecting god knows what in a different game.

Like one of the things you mention "live chat" as part of premium, like there are games that have that and there are also games that dont. does that mean because you had it in a previous game that they should change everything because you want it here? I dont think so. Every game support has ticket lead times and depending on the amount of tickets those can be high or low. So far all my tickets got answered within 24 hours which is pretty good for a game support and 3 days to answer a ticket i think are much exaggerated.

I wont go into a discussion on streamer support....cause.....i agree fully with you on that part.

Now bugs / glitches.....those arent things that they can influence. Let me tell you how it worked in the game i was member of the staff:

Player reports a bug / glitch (be it via support / forum / PM to a staff member), its being added to a list of issues to test on the test server, the testers test said bug, if the bug is confirmed the testers make a "ticket" (in the game i worked at we had a ticket system which the product manager was checking and dispatching to devs), include all reproduce steps including screenshots and videos if needed and as detailed as possible, the bug / glitch is classified depending on urgency / impact (major issues and exploits always had a priority), after being classified they are sent to the developer team, the devs work on a fix and until they can supply a patch which addresses the issue there is nothing the publisher can do.

sometimes fixes are easy and get added easily either standalone or included in a bigger patch, sometimes the dev team also has a list of "priorities" which they need to work on first (sometimes new content or changes are more important than a fix). See everyone is always so fast to blame the publisher for game bugs / issues but you dont really understand how many hoops they need to jump through to get said fix.

And new ideas / suggestions are like a whole new world and even more annoying than you can imagine. Where i worked at we literally had to convince every other region why our idea is good and then we had to convinve the PM and then the dev team which said "No" in the end because they have their own timeline and schedule and ideas.

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Well i do agree that some communication should be there, since at the moment its non-existant and you barely can even get a reply from a mod on forum here even for a PM.

Well in most cases a GM / Moderator wont even be able to answer any of the questions here as they usually dont have that information available.

Best bet would be replies from the Community Manager, but even those are very very few.

I would say they just need to .... interact more with players, not necessairly giving answers to things but just some small chit-chat, or even running a few dungeons with the other players sometimes and not just purposely for the stream.

I mean there is a lot of room for improvement which would be nice, but then you get to the point where they give the players a finger and they suddenly expect the full hand.

I think the game does not serve the players bed, i think its the opposite, the players make it sound bad because other games spoiled them and now they are expecting god knows what in a different game.

Like one of the things you mention "live chat" as part of premium, like there are games that have that and there are also games that dont. does that mean because you had it in a previous game that they should change everything because you want it here? I dont think so. Every game support has ticket lead times and depending on the amount of tickets those can be high or low. So far all my tickets got answered within 24 hours which is pretty good for a game support and 3 days to answer a ticket i think are much exaggerated.

I wont go into a discussion on streamer support....cause.....i agree fully with you on that part.

Now bugs / glitches.....those arent things that they can influence. Let me tell you how it worked in the game i was member of the staff:

Player reports a bug / glitch (be it via support / forum / PM to a staff member), its being added to a list of issues to test on the test server, the testers test said bug, if the bug is confirmed the testers make a "ticket" (in the game i worked at we had a ticket system which the product manager was checking and dispatching to devs), include all reproduce steps including screenshots and videos if needed and as detailed as possible, the bug / glitch is classified depending on urgency / impact (major issues and exploits always had a priority), after being classified they are sent to the developer team, the devs work on a fix and until they can supply a patch which addresses the issue there is nothing the publisher can do.

sometimes fixes are easy and get added easily either standalone or included in a bigger patch, sometimes the dev team also has a list of "priorities" which they need to work on first (sometimes new content or changes are more important than a fix). See everyone is always so fast to blame the publisher for game bugs / issues but you dont really understand how many hoops they need to jump through to get said fix.

And new ideas / suggestions are like a whole new world and even more annoying than you can imagine. Where i worked at we literally had to convince every other region why our idea is good and then we had to convinve the PM and then the dev team which said "No" in the end because they have their own timeline and schedule and ideas.

I completely agree, I wanted to follow up on what purogoneru said about how ncwest never has issues like this. Well I ended up doing a lot of research on NCsoft and its company and decided to look at their earnings releases for the year.
http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx  In this IR archive you can download a pdf of their financial records.

Pretty much what these earnings releases tell you is what games are getting ncsoft the most profit, what regions are getting the most profit, how much profit they are getting and what they invest in. The entire page is really well made and very interesting. You can see on the sixth page just how much ncwest is racking in compared to US. In fact, the US almost matches up with their royalty which is kind of embarrassing. I say check it out for yourself it is very interesting.

Your passion for the games you like is admirable. But Blade & Soul is nothing like those games, which I am sure were fun and all. BnS is not a game where you are gonna be having snowball fights with GMs, even if there were any GMs to have snowball fights with. Blade & Soul was not designed to be a RP cosplay type experience. It's makers intended it to be the sort of game they could turn into an E-Sport. If they will be successful at this in EU/NA is perhaps up in the air. But the point is, the things you are pointing out as being what made these other games good for you are not a part of BnS. I am not qualified to say who does and who does not care about BnS. But the absence of in-game player vs GM snowball fights is not an indicator of such attention.

7 hours ago, LlamaDude said:

This is a Yes or No question, and as much as I would love and appreciate your well thought out response to this question, I just want an HONEST yes or no.

Why am I asking this? Let me begin.

I am one of the (many) players who have waited patiently for Blade and soul for 4 years. One of those players who logged on to the site every week to see if there's any updates, one of those players who had a love for the games combat and content. I was one of those guys.
At the time of waiting, I have played dozens upon dozens of mmorpg's, ranging from runescape all the way to Tera. I started to become a key analyst in a lot of the games and sought out the goods and bads in each. I would absorb this information and spew it out to mmorpgs I saw with potential. I always want to help, it's a habit of mine. I've been through some serious dread having some of my favorite mmos get shut down and removed or just die out in players. The times are the times, and games dying out is inevitable...However, when a game with potential dies out, a game with the potential to go so much farther than it did, I could not be more disappointed. 

RaiderZ, was the first action combat mmorpg I have ever played. It was an amazing game. I can say solemnly that RaiderZ was the absolute best mmorpg I have played in my lifetime thus far, next to Age of Wushu. Why is this? The staff. The primary reason RaiderZ shut down was a lack of content, and it is a shame that was so. However, this game had an amazing saving grace, and that was the staff. The staff in this game were so interactive and so inclusive that sometimes I would log on just to see what the staff is hosting. The most memorable thing for me in terms of what the staff has done in that game, is hide and seek. It was extremely fun, the GM's would hide and give players hints in global chat, and then rewards those who find them after announcing winners to the RaiderZ world. This is what I like to call, Interactive development, where a games staff includes themselves into the game to better develop the game through the players. Another memorable thing was the winter event, where a Gigantic snowman spawns in the main town, and all players fought it. The best part about that event was the staff WOULD JOIN YOU in fighting the snowman. There is no better feeling, and you can quote me on this, in an mmorpg than seeing the staff enjoy the game just as much as everyone else. When the staff and the developers of a game are enjoying it themselves, you know they did something right.

Age of Wushu was another amazing mmorpg experience in my time of playing. Although the game did not shut down, the playerbase is little to none at this point. So what made this game so great to me and thousands of others? The content. Ironically this game fell for the complete inverse of RaiderZ. The content was amazing, however the staff was not. The non inclusive staff made players feel left out but the content kept it alive. The game had the perfect factions system, and the perfect open world pvp experience, hands down. I'll be frank, the pvp and the factions could get a little wonky at times. but it was my personal BEST experience in those fields. There is a certain rush in chasing an enemy in the open world hopping from building to building running on walls and having air fights. There were awesome events...AT ALL LEVELS. Can I stress this enough? In my years and years of mmorpg experience only a handful of games understood the beauty in INCLUSIVE events. I'm talking about levels 1-Level cap. RaiderZ did this perfectly with in-arena boss events. Age of wushu did this very well in the same sense. Games that do not host events for levels OTHER than the max, are games that will inevitably fail, it is the cold truth.

Blade and soul....man oh man. I remember when I was sitting at home around four years ago, and thinking "Damn I wish there was a game that took the combat of raiderz and the movement of age of wushu." There came blade and soul, making rounds on youtube as an amazing fast paced combat mmorpg with amazing open world movement. I could not have been more excited, finally a game that takes everything I love about an mmorpg. Three years later, after weekly checks on the website over and over, My cousin and I gave up on the hopes of blade and soul coming to the US, and we moved on. About 9 months later I get a call "YO DUDE BLADE AND SOUL WAS OUT IN NA FOR SO LONG AND WE MISSED IT."... I have never went to download a game so fast in my life. I enjoyed the game, the combat, the content, it was as I thought it would be. But... I didn't see anyone... or barely anyone. I didn't see any events for my level, I didn't didnt see a SINGLE GM in chat... I began to think to myself "Huh... is this what I waited 4 years for?" I was blind, I never thought about the amazing impact the little things like staff in chat, and small events, and all that in RaiderZ and Age of wushu. I owe blade and soul some gratitude, as the game opened my eyes to how an mmorpg is much more than just the content, it needs to have so much more. I must say I was disappointed, I felt alone in my gameplay of blade and soul, which was extremely contrast to the swarms of players coming together in RaiderZ...I'll just be honest here, I was sad. I was very sad in fact, at just how alone in the game I was.

Blade and soul HAS THE CONTENT. Just like age of wushu did... Are you going to let your game fall in a similiar fashion?

So that is my question Blade and soul staff, Do you care about your game? Yes.. or No? It's okay to be honest, that's why I ask. I don't want to waste my time and be greeted with the same dread I faced playing AOW. I can't FORCE you to enjoy your game, that is obvious, and that is not the reason of this post. The reason of this post is to get an answer, and nothing more. And if your answer is Yes, then you have my respect, and you got yourself a devoted and dedicated player, but I will also look forward to seeing it. I want to see staff, and I want to see interaction. Without it, I feel like I'm in a dead game.

It takes a community to build a community, it is an upsetting, but true sentiment. Through my years of gaming, I have found that many games struggle to find that "First community" But the answer is simple, the staff IS the first community. The people who worked so hard and so strong on a game, becomes the community when they enjoy the game. Off of that community, grows the playerbase. I've seen it with my own eyes and I KNOW Blade and Soul has the potential to GROW. Please, please do not be another mmorpg with amazing potential fall for something so trivial.

That concludes this post, If you read the whole thing the tip of the beanie goes to you, if you did not, that's fine, it was quite a bit of text. If you're a player, and not staff, please, feel free to share your own thoughts as well. I want this thread to be an open platform for blade and soul. Thank you, and have a good one.

True the first time i played i feel just like that... Been playing 2weeks warlock gunma. I feel alone no players to chat with but as time goes by I meet some cool friends. I really like blade and soul the adrenaline I feel in pvp or fighting solo with a boss it has really big potential to be esports also as the pvp goes. I hope someday they would consider to make castle siege or schools since it martial arts to defend by clan vs clan or factions vs factions :) thank you for your wonderful posts i hope the admin will get to read it

Archived