Need a rig update

MushinKFM

So guys and girls I am looking for new parts to put in my rig to make this game playable.

Rig:

Intel i5 750 2,67-2,7ghz clock

Gtx960 4gb oc edition

6gb ddr3 ram

kingston SSD

I am having fps drops in mob or player crowded areas and when there is noone I stick at 60-90fps sometimes even 120.

Also this arena bugg pisses me off. It starts at like 30fps then it goes to 20fps and never goes back to 60 again until I leave arena.

I am thinking of buying a price efficient CPU paired with a new board and some 2x4gb ddr4 ram but I don't know if an i3 with high clock speeds would work too since I mostly play mmos, mobas and card games like magic duels but I also have tomb raider and darks souls 3 which has barely been touched.

I'm not sure if B&S is that cpu heavy but its the only component who should make problems because my graphics card is worse than yours and you dont need more ram for the game. You should not take the arena performance because the bad performance there has not much to do with your computer. Do you have any big problems outside of arena? 60-120 fps sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, MushinKFM said:

So guys and girls I am looking for new parts to put in my rig to make this game playable.

Rig:

Intel i5 750 2,67-2,7ghz clock

Gtx960 4gb oc edition

6gb ddr3 ram

kingston SSD

I am having fps drops in mob or player crowded areas and when there is noone I stick at 60-90fps sometimes even 120.

Also this arena bugg pisses me off. It starts at like 30fps then it goes to 20fps and never goes back to 60 again until I leave arena.

I am thinking of buying a price efficient CPU paired with a new board and some 2x4gb ddr4 ram but I don't know if an i3 with high clock speeds would work too since I mostly play mmos, mobas and card games like magic duels but I also have tomb raider and darks souls 3 which has barely been touched.

Your machine seems fine. I have the same FPS dropping problem in crowded areas as well and I'm using a GTX 1070 FE so upgrading your video card won't cause that problem to go away. I think these performance problems are with the game's level of optimization and not with your hardware my friend.

What about an ocd i3 or smthing? Like 3,5-4ghz on both cores wouldn't that help a lot with the game. It almost feels like my cpu can handle it at first but then it suddenly starts dropping I feel like my cpu is on load cause when fps start dropping my fans go wild

Im with  i7 3770, gtx 670 and 16gb ram. It lags in the same way...  The truth is this game engine does not support  many players spamming skills in the same place.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a gtx 1080, since there are 4 years I dont buy a GPU, but I guess it wont help. In the end I dont like faction, I think it's badly designed, sum with the lag and that average melee class is the first to get fked up in the faction, my conclusion is that I'm going quit doing faction.

You might want to buy a CPU that has a higher single core clock frequency. BnS is definitely CPU heavy, and a CPU with a clock frequency of 3.5 GHz+ would definitely boost performance more than a top end /newest on the market graphics card would.

I would suggest parts, but since I don't have an idea of what your budget is, I'm going to refrain from doing that.

Truly it might be that BNS doesn't like multicore processors. Noticed this too while playing on my(Core 2 Duo t9600 2,8 Ghz{2 physical  cores, no threads}, GT 240M, 8 GB ram,ssd [old and at its end of its life lop])  and on my brothers laptop (i7 5500u up to 3.0 Ghz{2 cores, 4 THREADS}, 840M, 12 Gb ram,ssd). Even tho my bros laptop  holds higher fps because of better graphics  but after a while game performance starts to degrade(fps lose/spikes, more stutters ) the longer you play, while my lop holds the same performance from start to end.  Also his lop got w10 while mine w7, that too might have some effect.

@Donthink threads are no full cores, it's kinda like halving the core to have it do different tasks on some. I heard something about win10.

I have like 450 euros budget to upgrade so perhaps make a few cuts on the PCIe since I don't ever run SLI, some USB type 3 ports would be neat on the board, there would be like 250-300 euros free for the cpu and the rest should be covered with proper ram and mobo functions that don't go to waste. I wanna buy a new keyboard aswell so I got like 50-80 euros saved up after it. Aka I got like 500 euros to use for upgrading

Got nothing better to do than to suggest a configuration: https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/8ef00d221ddea21883f9877242d829e90114185f64c9aab387d

The 50 EUR above 500 are all worth it - just eat bread only for a month - focused on CPU aka what you need in BnS (for that also DDR-4 3200 mem was taken). Sure, for BnS you could cut on the Mainboard, the SSD or the GPU but i wouldn´t. 

i would suggest this: https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/5410b22215d2172bbd9adcdf9625f58f35852b3cc01a188a7bd

you dont need a z170 mainboard if you dont want to oc youre cpu, also this b150 mainboard have sound and lan from intel directly and support this new usb stuff.

Also @weaponzero for what reason would you buy 3200 MHz ddr4 Ram? how high will you oc youre cpu to only get something out of this 3200 MHz?

1 hour ago, RainbowDashie said:

i would suggest this: https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/5410b22215d2172bbd9adcdf9625f58f35852b3cc01a188a7bd

you dont need a z170 mainboard if you dont want to oc youre cpu, also this b150 mainboard have sound and lan from intel directly and support this new usb stuff.

Also @weaponzero for what reason would you buy 3200 MHz ddr4 Ram? how high will you oc youre cpu to only get something out of this 3200 MHz?

The mobo could be the one you suggested, but i personally wouldn´t buy that (and t´s not saving much). 

The 3200 DDR 4 RAM is quite benefitial on Skylake, no need to OC, just enable XMP profile, the board i suggested supports DDR-3200 out of the box. You are wasting performance with those sluggish 2133 modules.

Your config lacks the SSD and the GPU. What gives? :o

2 hours ago, weaponzero said:

The mobo could be the one you suggested, but i personally wouldn´t buy that (and t´s not saving much). 

The 3200 DDR 4 RAM is quite benefitial on Skylake, no need to OC, just enable XMP profile, the board i suggested supports DDR-3200 out of the box. You are wasting performance with those sluggish 2133 modules.

Your config lacks the SSD and the GPU. What gives? :o

he have already a gpu and a ssd, so for what reason he should by another?

you dont gain so much preformance out of this 1067 more MHz see http://techbuyersguru.com/gaming-ddr4-memory-2133-vs-26663200mhz-8gb-vs-16gb?page=1

Also youre Motherboard have sound AND lan controller from realtek and not from intel directly, that can also make some trouble

31 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

he have already a gpu and a ssd, so for what reason he should by another?

you dont gain so much preformance out of this 1067 more MHz see http://techbuyersguru.com/gaming-ddr4-memory-2133-vs-26663200mhz-8gb-vs-16gb?page=1

Also youre Motherboard have sound AND lan controller from realtek and not from intel directly, that can also make some trouble

Depends on your source... 

http://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html

But buy 16 gigs DDR 4 - 2133 for your Skylake, sure do sth smart... 

So guys that looks like a good config and not even expensive but do you guys use it and have any experience in how it reacts to this game? Perhaps I'll ask the support aswell since they got a better knowledge of how far the optimization work is going I hope..

2 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

So guys that looks like a good config and not even expensive but do you guys use it and have any experience in how it reacts to this game? Perhaps I'll ask the support aswell since they got a better knowledge of how far the optimization work is going I hope..

Should run pretty ok. Reduce shadows, effects for others, disable advanced physics and you should not go below 30 FPS in let´s say SSP (also use Reshade for AA not the crappy ingame AA). Solo FPS will be smooth anyways (80+).

8 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

i use the rig i posted in my first post here and just have to ctrl + f in more player situations. dung with 50-60 fps infight (ful lmax settings)

SSP i have to reduce graphics too to get my nice 40-50 fps. (only character and spell stuff on 5)

And this all with a GTX 660 just with a 110% Power Target.

Archived