Being tricked during bidding

Culaio

The thing is that he was targeting me on purpose, since someone else in team asked me how much gold I had, so he known exactly how much gold to bid take pretty much all gold I had...

How I was supposed to know that someone will jump from bidding copper to large amount of gold suddenly, people generally bid at the beginning very fast and slow down as people put larger amount of money.

3 hours ago, Culaio said:

The thing is that he was targeting me on purpose, since someone else in team asked me how much gold I had, so he known exactly how much gold to bid take pretty much all gold I had...

How I was supposed to know that someone will jump from bidding copper to large amount of gold suddenly, people generally bid at the beginning very fast and slow down as people put larger amount of money.

1. why told them how much gold u have?
2. why spam y like there is no tomorrow?
3. complety your own fault, i hope for you that you dont do the same mistake again.

13 hours ago, Culaio said:

Is there anything you can do

You can leave the party immediately before the bidding ends. But you probably won't leave the party in time since it looks like they were planning to scam you from the beginning.

You can also type on the amount you want to bid to prevent being scammed by these kind of players. For example the current bid is 20s. You type in 21s then click Y. If they bid 10g to scam you when you click Y, your bid will fail. Most likely they will leave party immediately so that they don't need to pay 10g. Next time remember to screen shot the chat log and submit a ticket and hope NCsoft will do something about it.

1 hour ago, SoulsHunter said:

You can leave the party immediately before the bidding ends. But you probably won't leave the party in time since it looks like they were planning to scam you from the beginning.

You can also type on the amount you want to bid to prevent being scammed by these kind of players. For example the current bid is 20s. You type in 21s then click Y. If they bid 10g to scam you when you click Y, your bid will fail. Most likely they will leave party immediately so that they don't need to pay 10g. Next time remember to screen shot the chat log and submit a ticket and hope NCsoft will do something about it.

Also another thing you can do is go into a portal that leads to another area of the dung(before the bidding ends).

but yeah the best thing to do is manually type your bid instead of pressing "Y"

yes the fact that they sounded out your gold beforehand is fishy. Most cases, no one can really prove they did not really want to bid a high amount, but if they enquire about your bidding power beforehand that's different.

There are some situations where you would get legitimate sudden high bidders. For example it's speeding up dungeon runs if people just take turns taking the same kind of drop (like soul shields, stingers) for 1 copper. If then suddenly two guys decide to bid all the way from 1 copper to 2 golds for that 10 stinger pack, I often go 1 gold immediately to speed things up.

If they checked your bidding power and bid a higher than marketprice amount it should be a clear case. I hate players like that. Games are for fun, not for tricking people.

On 25.9.2016 at 3:11 PM, Culaio said:

Thats the reason why we need a option to store our gold in bank, so that these issues dont appear. Like i have 200g in bank and just take 1-3g with me for Cold Storage or sth. else.

While in other game people share their personal loot to help each other here you must be extra carefull during bids, it's telling about how kind of community we have here :D

To be honest at this point perhaps NCsoft should adopt personal loot (meaning a letter with a chest after every boss) and be done with it.

Well, the solution is very simple.. Just type your next bid manually in the field, so it won't automatically increase. E.g. current bid is 1g  by you. Instead of just waiting to press Y, type 1g 50s in, then you can't bid something you don't want.

Archived