KFM - is it really that hard?

Shawraaan

Hi guys,

First of all, it's not a troll thread, it's more about understanding the KFM class. Many players say that KFM is hard to play, which is fine with me but...

When i check the class ranking of the infinite tower (Eu) for example, i can see clearly that KFM are climbing very high compared to other classes.

let's take an example: a KFM reaching the 54th floor will be ranked 30-, while a blade dancer reaching the same floor will be ranked 9th, an FM wil be ranked 1st or second, a destroyer 25 etc etc... come on, how come that a class that is supposed to be super hard to play, overpowers some other classes supposed to be easier to play.

Please don't get me wrong, i'm just confused and if you prove me wrong i'll be happy.

Kfm is hard in pvp due to its poor engage skills which are flurry or their running lmb. Both of them cant proc on flying targets which many ppl know. Hence why kfm has a bad start against ranged class.

In pve groups, their counter lasts 1sec for a 1.3sec cd. And believe me that .3sec can fk you up if u time your counter too early.  Bm counter last longer than the cd so their tanking potential is better.

And as a kfm you will want to tank. Even more now since bm switched from tank to dps with fire build.

Still, kfm pve is relatively easy if you have a brain and are willing to learn patterns.

In solo pve kfm has a blue buff burst that is why we can reach higher floor faster. However, the ai gets better past F40 or we would be number 1. 

And since kfm is all melee we dont need to deal with fm shield or sum petals or even sins smoke. 

Still, top kfm in tower are also good pvpers (gold at least) because tower requires a lot of pvp mechanics or knowledge (tech chase, ground counter, escapes) because we rely on our burst a lot and that legendary 3rf.

Hello,

Well, I think being difficult does not mean it is for everyone, depronto those who say it is because they find it difficult to handle, and as a character in melee and are always in a direction that can make you much damage, but that if you know how your skills PLS USE not think that's a drawback.

The thing about kfm is that they are polyvalent fighters. Utility, tank and dps. 

Utility comes from blue buff and searing palm which need to be stacked and kept on the boss during all the fight. 

That means if you are tanking that if you get cced at stage 3 and cant stack the 4th searing palm then the pt loses dps. 

For dps, the anicancel is not easy be it fire or wind.

Fire build + blue goes like 4r2.

Wind + blue is 4rf

Those two burst are not easy to time.

So in this regard, kfm is hard because its dps potential is hard to bring on a boss fight.

They try to balance the classes so that they are all equally useful and competitive, but it's important how they (the developers) prioritize these things:

- Highest priority is 1v1 balance, then comes 3v3, because they are the tournament modes. Then they will try to bend things the right way for PvE, 6v6 and solo challenges like ToI with what is left

- They balance on top (player) skillfulness level, not for the newbies. So over all regions, in top rankings, all classes should be very equally balanced and it should be skill that matters most in arena

This is where the "difficulty" rating comes in, which basically only describes the learning curve for a player: If the class has an easy rating like summoner, a new player will perform good very quickly, and then the last bit will feel much harder catching up to the elite level. If you have a hard rating like KFM, BM or assassin, it will feel difficult from the start, but you will still end up in top performance if you work as long and hard as top performers in other classes.

About ToI specifically, KFM shine because they have great solo performance in survivability _and_ good damage bursting in the 2 minute time window that is essential for floor advancement. Summoner performs so well for the same reason.

If a KFM can land two blue buff bursts consistently within those 2 minutes, the floor he can maximally reach is simply limited by the HP of the opponent. With 600ish AP and crit dam bracelet, you can expect 300k damage per burst even on the higher floors, hence the good rankings.

Yes, in ToI Kfm dmg comes mainly from that burst if well executed.

Then it is all about cc and 3rfing or 2rfing.

List of cc: 

Iron shoulder 2sec daze (or 3?)

Triple kick 2sec stun

Leg sweep 3sec kd

Rising dragon 2sec stun

Flurry 2sec daze

Tremor <3 3sec stun

+ strategic skill if cc.

The best strategic skill is 100% status dmg. That combined with 3 challenger ss, you will reach 230% which means your dmg on cced target will be multiplied by 2.3.

That is why KFMs can land 100k dmg comet in tower.

However, KFMs have great difficulties fighting bd, sf, sin. Since they all hit and run to make you lose time. Ranged classes can hit them without having to chase them.

Bd immunity for instance or sin stealth or even sf whirlwind.

The worst ive found in ToI is that seraph blade dancer in higher floors. The more you hit them the more their cd refresh. So I ended up with a bd that popped immunity, used escape like they had no cd. Then they would just run around spinning and have you chase them. 

Same thing with summoners, they can double grab you in higher floors which is terribly sad when you hit F57 only to get raped in 10sec.

Yes I agree those are the hardest match ups for KFM as we worry less about surviving and winning but more about how quickly we can end the fight. All the classes with healing are a big problem.

Still, I imagine it can be even harder for other classes. BMs seem to be doing well (since "the patch"), but BD for example seem to be struggling.

None are essential, but some are game changers:

For PvE you will want Comet Strike (book from BSH) and counter (two chapters from Yeti and Necro 4-man). LMB and 2 are nice but not very important. The 300 pages thing for the counter stage 3 and HM Z are pretty useless.

Different for PvP: HM Z extremely powerful, HM 1 (counter) also very strong, HM 4 both variants very useful, LMB very good if you have enough skill points for it, HM 2 good in some situations.

KFM is not hard but it requires you to have 2 things to be good.

1. Reactions (reinforced by ping)

2. Rythim (also ping reliant)

3. Ping

2rF requires rythim, if you or your ping *cricket*s it up it can be huge dmg loss.

kfm is not hard, it's just that the things you should know to get better are not tought by the game so as a KFM you have to earn knowledge about your skills and reactions with the opponents and often times someone like radeyz or shiro will have to show you the true strenght of each skill

On 10/3/2016 at 4:46 PM, MushinKFM said:

KFM is not hard but it requires you to have 2 things to be good.

1. Reactions (reinforced by ping)

2. Rythim (also ping reliant)

3. Ping

2rF requires rythim, if you or your ping *cricket*s it up it can be huge dmg loss.

kfm is not hard, it's just that the things you should know to get better are not tought by the game so as a KFM you have to earn knowledge about your skills and reactions with the opponents and often times someone like radeyz or shiro will have to show you the true strenght of each skill

Not hard in pve. Hard in pvp.

Its pve is more about dps potential. Some classes just needs 2 buttons to bring the best dps they can do. Kfm has 2,r,f,x,v,tab,4 which means you have to use them all or you will lose dps. the other skills are defensive skills such as q/e/z/c and counter.  

Its pvp is high skill capped and that's why it's hard. Because every low cd CC are on q,e or ss procs. Its Kd is 18sec cd, comet daze 30sec and everything else is above 36sec. That means wasting those high cd cc are putting the KFM in a harsh situation since it cant do much dps against moving targets. The solution is to stall the game and counter damage with his counter and iframes while trying to control as much as possible the playground in order to avoid dmg and wait for his skill cd to be reset.

On 20.09.2016 at 11:40 AM, Shuchin said:

They try to balance the classes so that they are all equally useful and competitive, but it's important how they (the developers) prioritize these things:

- Highest priority is 1v1 balance, then comes 3v3, because they are the tournament modes. Then they will try to bend things the right way for PvE, 6v6 and solo challenges like ToI with what is left

- They balance on top (player) skillfulness level, not for the newbies. So over all regions, in top rankings, all classes should be very equally balanced and it should be skill that matters most in arena

This explain how this crap works. This explain why the KFM is total crap for huge majority of players. But it does not explain why they chose so insane decision.

This recipe is a recipe that makes from KFM class:
- able to do only 1v1
- only with ping under 20
- only with best PC on the market
- best gaming monitor with 2ms reaction time and 120 Hz

It is completly isnane game balance design. Completly does not fit in to MMORPG genre. They are doing crap like that and then surprise they losing player base and need to merge servers.

- KFM are viable in all PvP modes. In 6v6 they are very good if they adapt their playstyle and skill toolkit. In 3v3 they can have a flexible role but I see them used most often on teams as a way to increase burst damage potential.

- Even Radeyz plays with a 35 ms ping. Let's not exaggerate the ping myth even more. :P

- Switching graphics to "optimized for combat" should do the trick. Even with my old potato I only have to worry about latency, not fps.

• 5 months later...

My personal opinion: KFM is the hardest class in the game to play. Really...really...hard.

Unless you got good internet, you will die a lot. Unless you're in PVE then you're okay, but in PVP, prepare for the worst game experience ever. 

Archived