Does Soul Fighter counter work, or not?

Lovey

Okay so I am actually *cricket*ing tilted, because half the *cricket*ing time my *cricket*ing counter doesn't work. What the actual *cricket* is this shit?

v11diTz.jpg

This happens against other SF's, FM's, and Summoners. Like ??????? For those wondering, I'm running T4S2 counter. It is the counter that hits and stuns someone for two seconds if they hit into it. Instead of it actually *cricket*ing working, half the time it literally will give me the PVE BLOCK EFFECT. Meaning that I will block part of the damage and then I wont stun them. What the actual *cricket* is this?

26 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I am not sure if it counts but might be your evade that's too low to counter it fully giving you some damage? Kind of like in Asura when you have too low evade you keep taking damage even if you reflect correctly with the shield.

Look very closely to this SS. This is PvP where-- unless you're a sin or a KFM-- it doesn't happened. I also mentioned that I'm fighting classes.

I also don't think that makes any sense anyway, even for PvE. 

33 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I am not sure if it counts but might be your evade that's too low to counter it fully giving you some damage? Kind of like in Asura when you have too low evade you keep taking damage even if you reflect correctly with the shield.

I think he means instead of the actual counter triggering, it acts as if there was no counter and his block rate kicked in.

I know that for example summoner (if i am not mistaken cause i rarely use it) is in petal storm and and hits the counter, the stun doesnt apply.

Also of the summoner throws petals at you, your block / evades wont work.

5 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I think he means instead of the actual counter triggering, it acts as if there was no counter and his block rate kicked in.

I know that for example summoner (if i am not mistaken cause i rarely use it) is in petal storm and and hits the counter, the stun doesnt apply.

Also of the summoner throws petals at you, your block / evades wont work.

This does not explain FM and other SF's. Just did a match, and it happened to me fighting a BM as well. :/ 

Just now, Shadovvv said:

Who said this effect was exclusively limited to PvE? It makes perfect logical sense to receive small damage from an attack that naturally overpowers your character, you're no iron fortress.

If they're not getting stunned, then they're probably resisting CC somehow.

....what the actual *cricket* are you talking about? This post is about PvP specifically.

Who said this effect was exclusively limited to PvE? It makes perfect logical sense to receive small damage from an attack that naturally overpowers your character, you're no iron fortress.

Just now, Shadovvv said:

And furthermore, if they were resisting CC, I would still teleport behind them anyway. Which I do not. 

Just now, Shadovvv said:

Yes, what the actual cricket are you talking about?

I didn't think I would have to baby this down for anyone, but seeing as you're a special case, I will indulge you. 

" Meaning that I will block part of the damage and then I wont stun them.
Now, this may be hard for you to comprehend, but in PvE, if you have a good enough blockrate, you will automatically block an attack's effects, even if it is a CC, and you will take partial damage. That is the EFFECT that is happening in PvP. 

5 minutes ago, Lovey said:

....what the actual *cricket* are you talking about? This post is about PvP specifically.

2 hours ago, Lovey said:

Instead of it actually *cricket*ing working, half the time it literally will give me the PVE BLOCK EFFECT.

Yes, what the actual cricket are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, Lovey said:

And furthermore, if they were resisting CC, I would still teleport behind them anyway. Which I do not. 

Does the teleport count as an approach skill? there are skills other classes have that disable approach skills o.o

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Does the teleport count as an approach skill? there are skills other classes have that disable approach skills o.o

I suppose it does. Still, I've done this while I was frozen by an FM. Maybe it's just a bug that I'm able to move. 

Archived