1v1 unfair matchmaking system

IIO

Hi there guys.

I'm suggesting make the 1v1 matchmaking system a bit more "fair", by oranizing queue by lvl, at least. I think it's a bit pointless and unfair for low lvls fighting HMs++ only cause you're gold ranked on your lvl40 (for ex).

So I think there is 2 logical ways to improve it: 1- Disable arena queues for low lvl and make level restriction (45 or 50 for ex) or 2 - create a bit different queue lvl selection for undergeared ppl, (by creating level "layers" like 15-25, 25-35 etc.)

Thank you for attention.

1 hour ago, IIO said:

Hi there guys.

I'm suggesting make the 1v1 matchmaking system a bit more "fair", by oranizing queue by lvl, at least. I think it's a bit pointless and unfair for low lvls fighting HMs++ only cause you're gold ranked on your lvl40 (for ex).

So I think there is 2 logical ways to improve it: 1- Disable arena queues for low lvl and make level restriction (45 or 50 for ex) or 2 - create a bit different queue lvl selection for undergeared ppl, (by creating level "layers" like 15-25, 25-35 etc.)

Thank you for attention.

Ummmm under geared? You do know arena is equalized right? 

Gear is irreverent 

the only thing higher levels have on you is either skill points or skills 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

Gear is irreverent 

the only thing higher levels have on you is either skill points or skills 

Not sure if that was a mistake by him, but I'm sure he means skiill points and skills.

It is a great difference between the skills available for someone level 30 and a HM player.

12 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

Gear is irreverent 

I don't think so, I saw some guys with 670AP killing me in 5 seconds. So I think only HP is equalized, not stats at all.

1 minute ago, IIO said:

I don't think so, I saw some guys with 670AP killing me in 5 seconds. So I think only HP is equalized, not stats at all.

No. Not possible. Everyone's AP in Arena is 390.

In your example, you put a gold ranked low lvl that don't want to fight other gold ranked, but lower lvls... isn't that the very thing you're trying to run away from? getting ganked by more skilled people (either skill points, better ping, or better knowledge of the game)?

It would be fun to play close matches THAT I completely agree, but wouldn't that resolve itself as you get lvl?

Lets say we create lvl layers, how easy wouldn't it be for a veteran roll and alt and monopolize the top rank of this layers?

1 minute ago, Viblo said:

No. Not possible. Everyone's AP in Arena is 390.

idk then, im just sayin. I used to fight a lot everyday, and I have feeling that stats aren't so "equalized" as ppl thinking. (Its just my point of vision)

6 minutes ago, Arken said:

In your example, you put a gold ranked low lvl that don't want to fight other gold ranked, but lower lvls... isn't that the very thing you're trying to run away from? getting ganked by more skilled people (either skill points, better ping, or better knowledge of the game)?

It would be fun to play close matches THAT I completely agree, but wouldn't that resolve itself as you get lvl?

Lets say we create lvl layers, how easy wouldn't it be for a veteran roll and alt and monopolize the top rank of this layers?

Since I got gold rank, I was fighting all kind of ranks and lvls. And I don't think its so much fair when I'm 40 and my opponent is HM10 with the same rank. That I was meaning.

4 minutes ago, IIO said:

Since I got gold rank, I was fighting all kind of ranks and lvls. And I don't think its so much fair when I'm 40 and my opponent is HM10 with the same rank. That I was meaning.

Sorry that's just how it is if your gold you fight golds no difference in a 40 gold or a hm10 gold they do it by bronze silver gold and platinum you fight what you are it's not hard to level so if you want to be less at at disadvantage I suggest you get leveling 

4 minutes ago, IIO said:

How long would you be willing to wait for a fight against a 40lvl, gold ranked as yourself? half an hour? And what are the chances to fight someone else besides that perfect match? It's a free ticket to pole position, cuz you'll be avoiding all challenge, once you figure out your only opponent.

Then again, this issue solve itself as you get lvl (unless your ping sucks)

8 hours ago, IIO said:

Clearly someone has not seen a burst combo before. As an experience Arena PVPer, I can tell you that burst combos are a very real threat. I've once taken out about 50% HP from someone just by using meteors and inferno, and I've been burst by Destroyer's animation cancel fury combo. These skills hit hard, and can be avoided, thankfully. Also I once hit gold as a KFM at level 24, by killing HM level chars. Even doing the same thing on my SF and she's currently level 39. So level isn't exactly that much of an issue, unless you block/counter a lot. Level differences effect your blocks sadly, you will take damage still (which I hate). So good luck with that.

14 hours ago, IIO said:

Stats are equalized, it's a fact. However, skill points and hongmoon skills will give an edge to higher level players.

As ARC1276 mentioned, you got hit by some ani-cancel guy or macro user and it had nothing to do with stats.

why players can not just do mainstory quests before joining arena. After mainstory, you should be lvl 50 and hm 4. Even if there would be low lvl bracket, it would be probably dead and some classes would hardly dominate it like summoners because game is not balanced at all in low lvl.

arena was fun before hm levels were even introduced to the game lol

even before lv50 ...

when game was just lv45.... o.o

everything seemed so balanced then... even lowbies could beat a lv45 if they have the right skills already lol (for a scummoner it's easiest I suppose :\ )

but nowadays...

it sucks to bother with arena unless you atleast hm5 even...

I have almost all the classes... might remake my stupid zerker (destroyer) again just so I'll have all classes again lol

having 1 character of each class makes it easier to understand your opponent's skills and how to counter them with more ease as you see their animation of the skills you need counter :o

so I couldn't go anywhere near arena unless I've finished story...

and atleast oathbreak wep and pre-oathbreak accessories or even oathbreak + ....

me and my friend started work on crafting ourown moonwater transform stones to help ourselves gear up faster at less cost, we (atleast me idk bout him lol) crafting all mats needed and now it becames part of my source of income gold coz I need silverfrost stones next lol

so ye this game isn't much "alt-friendly" either coz of its progress system and the need of certain ap/crit/hp/def etc etc for certain dngs as well as knowing mechanics instead making a fool out of yourself :o

*back to topic*

nowadays even as a chi master hm6... I find it hard to go arena 1v1 vs certain classes...

especially coz it seems like they do sh*ttons of dmg on me compared to what I do on them... which pisses me off.

especially if I'm vs some hm9+++++ who probably has the hm skills which is even more unbalanced since I'm still workin on getting my skills... ! -_-"

Arena is equalized not balanced tho, which means u got stomped by some combo rather then bursted by some higher AP ( everyone in Arena have 390 AP, HP balance depends on the class). Matchmaking is based on Elo system just as League of legos ( simple explanation if u are 1600 elo u have chance to get matched with 1450 to 1750 elo player. In the end this is korean grindfest game so u need Legendary skills and tons of levels to stay equal, u cannot level through arena and legendary skills to obtain by zen beans gonna take u a long time. Also this is F2P model so our Exp for level is way higher then Korean P2P model of client ( Main story by own gives them level 50 HM 12).

Archived